Thread: Smart Parts Freak Set?

Smart Parts Freak Set?

Is this a good choice? I heard the barrel fronts break very easily and are fragile. Is this true? I have the money, would this be worth it?
    I LOVE MAGS

Whoever told you the barrel fronts break easy does not know what he is talking about. The freak is a great system, and a great deal besides. Do not hesitate to buy one. They rock.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I have heard they are great too. The only complaint I have heard of is the inserts might be alittle fragile, but just be careful with them. Mine is on the way for christmas.

of all the barrels i've own (and believe me that's a lot) the freak was, and still is, the greatest of them all. no matter what field i play at and what the weather is outside, my shots are always dead on. And think about it this way, you can get a full freak kit for about 189, or you could buy 8 other barrels for 40-129 bucks a pop and sit out a couple of rounds 'cos you ain't got enough money to buy paint. believe me, the freak is one of the best upgrades you can get for a gun, i'd recommend it to anyone.
    "To serve to strive and not to yield"
    --------------------------------------
    I AM THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!

...and the inserts are not fragile. Load of crap...

Freak Kit...

...Bought it, and LOVE it, shoots great with just about anything, in any weather in any climate.... wouldnt trade mine for the world This dragon gives it two talons up!

View My Mags

"Think First, Think Fast, Be Careful, Pursue. Be Great."

It works great you should get the freak.

8 barrels for the price of one and a half high end barrels
    Team Exotic Elements

Got Ace?

Thanx but...

Thanx a lot, but what size do u guys recommend!!! Thanx for the great help, i am getting one!

12 inch works great

Freak Length: Not What it Seems

One thing to take into account, if you order a freak barrel, when selecting a length, add about 1.5" to the end. For example, if you order a 12" Freak, it will actually be closer to 13.5" this is due to the fact that the fronts work for all makes of backs, and the 'mag backs need about 1.5" in additional length due to the fact its a twistlock barrel.

Talking

A full freak kit for $189? WHERE??!!!

has anyone had problems with a mag with the small inserts?
    I like potatoes

nope, nada one.

Ityl,

I have almost always used the .684 without a problem.
    Is there something about the small inserts I should know about?

The only thing I do not like about the freak is purly cosmetic. I really do not like the shape of the tips. I wanted the shorter version so I bought the 10". But I hate the way the tips get narrower in the middle. I really like the AA tips, but I feel they are a little long for me. Overall though I very pleased I purchased the kit. Especially since when I bought it I was shooting an Angel. It only costs the price of a back to transfer your barrels to whatever marker you buy. I think it's a great deal and I'm surprised it took a company this long to produce it.

Douglas

Equation MS Pro barrel system

I have a complete set with stainless steel inserts for my cocker. Excellent consistency and accuracy with good paint barrel match. Check them out.

http://www.equationusa.com/

I shoot a 10' Freak out of my E-mag. It is awsome!!! I shoot darts no matter what crappy seconds paint I buy!!! Equation barrels are great too, but they do not make the insert type for mags!!!!
    E-Mag's on a diet
    Stay tuned for Pics!!!
    Centerflag 201 series 68/45

According to their web site they sell the Pro system with S/S inserts for the Automags. Though I have not emailed them to see if there is delay in making them.

http://www.equationusa.com/

J&J is selling a set as well, but with only 3 breach sizes. These are actual backs in aluminum or stainless, not inserts. You can order individual backs as well in any size you want. I haven't seen these online yet, but naturally you can buy direct from J&J for a hefty premium(read MSRP). Works with existing J&J two piece removable tip barrels.