Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    question.. what kind of trigger will this thing have? hopefully nothing thick and clunky like stock mag frames.

    will the trigger receive anno as well?
    Look at the pic in the first post. That's the trigger it will use. Its a bearing mounted and slightly thinner version of a FireBlade.

    Triggers will be anodized to match the frame, unless I hear different from the customer.

    They are bearing mounted, so they should have minimal slop, but still be smooth as silk.

    Ryan Shanks
    Logic Paintball

  2. #122
    Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Look at the pic in the first post. That's the trigger it will use. Its a bearing mounted and slightly thinner version of a FireBlade.

    Triggers will be anodized to match the frame, unless I hear different from the customer.

    They are bearing mounted, so they should have minimal slop, but still be smooth as silk.


    WHAT DO THE INSIDES LOOK LIKE.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    969
    well. I'm on the list. I can't wait. You've got a kickass product coming.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    BFE Nor*Cal
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    WHAT DO THE INSIDES LOOK LIKE.
    Trade Secret Don't Ask

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Its not a secret per se, I just don't have any to take pics of at the moment.

    I will post a pic from the prototype/proof of concept (enjoy it, this is the only pic that got taken of any of the parts).

    Here is the actuator assembly:



    For size reference, that aluminum cube is ~0.75"x0.73"x0.90"

    The production version of these parts changed a little, but not enough to bother pointing out the changes.

    That's pretty much the entirety of the functional parts of the system, with the exception of the LPR and the Board (and we all know what those look like).

    This is not off the shelf stuff, which is why it costs what it costs.

    Hang in there folks, things are moving along.


  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    WHAT DO THE INSIDES LOOK LIKE.
    That was rather rude.

  7. #127
    Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    That was rather rude.


    Haha, Ryan.

    /wink
    //knowing smile
    /// <- slashes

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    969
    what are the little knobs? [/newb]

    free bump for the holy grail of mag parts.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,983
    They appear to be screws that are in place or barbs. I guess to keep the dust/dirt out while it is not mounted in the frame.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!


  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    what are the little knobs? [/newb]

    free bump for the holy grail of mag parts.
    The silver ones are screws that are holding on a retainer plate, which in turn is retaining a return spring for the piston. However, it was found that the spring was not needed, so that has been deleted. The production parts have no retainer plate nor any spring. This is why the ULT is not a good idea. We need the RT force of the stock On/Off to reset the actuator.]

    The brass one is the input barb for the actuator.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    The silver ones are screws that are holding on a retainer plate, which in turn is retaining a return spring for the piston. However, it was found that the spring was not needed, so that has been deleted. The production parts have no retainer plate nor any spring. This is why the ULT is not a good idea. We need the RT force of the stock On/Off to reset the actuator.]

    The brass one is the input barb for the actuator.
    sounds peachy! I can't wait.

    oh ryan, back a while i made a post about doin something special for the first 15. think of anything or are they gonna be the same as the rest.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    sounds peachy! I can't wait.

    oh ryan, back a while i made a post about doin something special for the first 15. think of anything or are they gonna be the same as the rest.

    First 15 preorders get to choose a custom color (for the frame, trigger, and VA) at no extra charge, and laser engraving of their choice on one side (I'll post up a template of the area so you can go to town), also at no extra charge.

    I've been waiting for this a very long time Ry Guy. You know that. When I get the money I will be on the list for sure.
    Dust Green X-Mag #315

    ULE body w/ dual Kila V2 detents, X valve w/ LX, Y-grip w/ Dye grips, ULT, Omega rail, Stainless Steel Freak Kit.

    My Feedback- http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165428

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Well yeah, I can sell you a whole marker, or assemble one from parts you send, that is certainly doable (eyes or not).

    The only thing that would stop us is AGD being out of what you want, but with 6- 12 weeks before the parts are all done, I'm sure we can get it all found in time though.

    Ryan: a similar question here: If I send you an RT valve, a ULE body and Omega rail, could you do a similar workup for me? Basically put it all together. The DC guys and I know each other from work on my viking, so I would be just as happy if they took care of the assembly under your permission.
    Thanks,
    Carl.

    BTW, I forgot to ask: will an Omega rail work on this frame?
    Sleep? Isn't that a completely inadequate substitute for caffeine?

    --Programmers' saying (stolen from Rick Cook)

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchborne
    Ryan: a similar question here: If I send you an RT valve, a ULE body and Omega rail, could you do a similar workup for me? Basically put it all together. The DC guys and I know each other from work on my viking, so I would be just as happy if they took care of the assembly under your permission.
    Thanks,
    Carl.
    DC should be able to take care of it with no problems. I'm still puzzling out what I want to do about eye covers. The longer I think about it, the more I hate the goop option. I've still got odles of time though. I don't want to say that I can for sure do the install for you until I get an idea of what I'm going to be doing. Hang in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marchborne
    BTW, I forgot to ask: will an Omega rail work on this frame?
    I have no idea. I've never owned an Omega, so I don't know. I am inclined to say that it won't, because its a classic style rail, but I know the Omegas are longer (the question is how much).

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    969
    ryan, jw if you got my pm about color. btw, about this template going up for the laser engraving. is it being posted on here or at your site?

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    ryan, jw if you got my pm about color. btw, about this template going up for the laser engraving. is it being posted on here or at your site?
    Yup, I got your PM. I will be verifying all the colors for each order before they go to ano anyway.

    I will post the template here when I get it done.

  17. #137
    Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Yup, I got your PM. I will be verifying all the colors for each order before they go to ano anyway.

    I will post the template here when I get it done.

    Did you get mine?

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    969
    ryan i dunno if you have yet, but maybe post about your frame in the mag section on PBN.. or in any dealer sections there. might grab some people.

    can't believe people here aren't catching on.. this frame basically turns your mag into an uber-reliable freestyle..

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    588
    I'm telling you Ry, try the compound eyes. They shouldn't be that hard to do and they are reliable. Take a look, first pic. http://www.devilsden.tv/DM-pics.htm

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    I'm telling you Ry, try the compound eyes. They shouldn't be that hard to do and they are reliable. Take a look, first pic. http://www.devilsden.tv/DM-pics.htm
    I know they aren't hard to do. Difficulty wise, they are the easiest to do. I just don't like the idea of not being able to remove the eyes to clean them and whatnot.

    I'm not giving up on the eye covers yet, just hang in there hopefully they will be nice enough the first time through to satisfy me.

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Uh Oh . . . . . . . . . . . look what I found.

    Side View:



    This one is more from underneith so you can see the countersunk rear frame screw (good-bye field strip screw blisters):



    I am still waiting on all of the internals and the triggers to be finished, so no videos or anything, just a mock-up to show you what they look like.

    The LPR will stick out the front of the VA (the new VA's are one of the parts that aren't done yet).

    I will post up the template for the laser engraving tonight or tomorrow.

    As it sets right now, the things that are going to take the longest are:

    Anodizing
    Getting the boards from TAG

    Bob said a month, almost a month ago, so hopefully that still holds true. Its time for me to start harrassing Bob on a more regular basis (the squeaky wheel and all).

    And it's time for you folks to start saving your pennies. There are 12 of the first 15 spots still available, but once I get a video up I doubt they will last long.

    You may also want to purchase some backup undies for when I get one assembled.

    That is all.
    Last edited by CoolHand; 08-12-2005 at 07:40 PM.

  22. #142
    Automaggot68 Guest
    Take That, Non Believers!
    That thing looks SICK, Ryan.
    I can't wait to get mine.
    Last edited by Automaggot68; 08-12-2005 at 08:07 PM.

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    295
    Hi, I read through alot of this to make shure I did not sound stupid. But will this work with the Logic Alpha Rail? I figure it will since you created it also. I have one on my Karta. I don't like the other rails, too fat and thick for me. Please let me know. Thanks. EBZ

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Majinebz
    Hi, I read through alot of this to make shure I did not sound stupid. But will this work with the Logic Alpha Rail? I figure it will since you created it also. I have one on my Karta. I don't like the other rails, too fat and thick for me. Please let me know. Thanks. EBZ
    I think so, but I need to test to make sure. This frame was designed to be used with an RTP style rail.

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    I think so, but I need to test to make sure. This frame was designed to be used with an RTP style rail.
    Alright I might jump on that preorder list and purchase one. I just need to know if it will fit on the A-rail. I would rather stick with my logic vert frame and rail shooting a slow marker, then have to change out to that ugly RTP rail. I even dislike the karta rail that comes with the body. Thanks for your time. Hope to hear the verdict soon. Later, EBZ

  26. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wouldn't u like to know!?
    Posts
    4,452
    Is that a proto? Cuz I was gonna suggest that the gaurd have a slot in the bottom so you can stick an allen key through to take off the front frame screw easier.

    My Feedback
    Pics
    For Sale
    ONCE YOU GO MAG YOU NEVER GO BACK!!!

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Missouri . . . . . Near the middle
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Is that a proto? Cuz I was gonna suggest that the gaurd have a slot in the bottom so you can stick an allen key through to take off the front frame screw easier.
    Nope, that is the first production frame off the machine.

    The guard is huge, there is no way you should have trouble putting the allen screw in.

    If you can't (for whatever reason), I suggest you invest in a set of ball end allen keys.

    The slot in the bottom detracts from the overall looks of the frame, and besides, even if it were there, the allen keys I send along aren't long enough to reach anyway.

    Plus, it adds another machine operation, which adds to the cost of an already costly product.

    You'll love it just the way it is, trust me.

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wouldn't u like to know!?
    Posts
    4,452
    I know, I just get impatient having to take the allen key out and put it back in every turn. I wish I could just keep turning it. A slot would make that possible. But yes, that extra process would jack the cost up.

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    20
    Why did you have to go and post pics? I made myself forget that I Ordered one so I would not get impatient. Then you go and post pics and it all comes flooding back. I want it now. Looks great though This is going to be great. My brother has a DMag on order and I think that it would be super funny if I got my ripper em frame before he got his DMag. But I don't think he will think it is very funny.

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    969
    WOW... damn **** frickin WOW. Oh boy.. yeah that's really nice. wow. yikes... alright couple questions...

    1. i noticed the integrated dovetail.. so i could just slide my asa on (i have a hybrid grind) but how in the HELL do I tighten it? Usually, if you have a rail or mini drop there's 2 small allen head screws that tighten against the inner wall of the rail/drop and flex it tight against the dovetail.

    how do you tighten an asa onto it?

    2. my current setup is mounted on an 05 Karta rail.. I use 2 different setups for a foregrip.

    a) an RPG 15* asa w/ flat rail adapter with a gas-thru grip

    b) a battery pack with a special adapter that allows it to be mounted as a foregrip on most mag setups.

    I'm just wondering if either of these will fit with the huge trigger guard.. or are we now limited to a straight regular foregrip due to lack of space?

    anyways, WOW.. I love the look of that. imho the snatch grip part of the frame could use some aesthetic milling but dang... nice frame bro. you make nice stuff. I can't wait to get mine. those grips also look HOT.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •