Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Alright sounds good, thank you for answering that. I really want to start up another mag project and one of those would be perfect for it.

Hey Ry, clear up some of your PM's.
    Dust Green X-Mag #315

ULE body w/ dual Kila V2 detents, X valve w/ LX, Y-grip w/ Dye grips, ULT, Omega rail, Stainless Steel Freak Kit.

My Feedback- https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165428

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Hey Ry, clear up some of your PM's.
    Ops!

Done.

The triggers came in today!

I'm working on assembling the first one. I gotta cram a Pred Morlock into it instead of the new boards that TAG are working on (since TAG isn't done with those yet), so the LED and On/Off switch will not be the same as the production models. Other than that, all the parts are done (except a minor tweak I gotta do to the VA's). Basically, we are now waiting on boards, and people to buy them.

I will post pics and vids when it is done and shooting.

So far, I can say that the trigger pull F'in Rules. I have stupid fingers, and even I can walk the crap out of it. Oh yes, I do so love it when things work as designed.

gah, people! START BUYING! I don't want to wait until 2006 for my frame. I need to play paintball!

I can't wait to see a model in action!

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    gah, people! START BUYING! I don't want to wait until 2006 for my frame. I need to play paintball!

Well, the ones that are already ordered will not be waiting on anyone else to buy.

They will be waiting on TAG to get me some boards done. I will be sending out emails to the pre-order guys next week (I assume, hopefully I don't find any oversights in my assembly) to confirm colors so that their parts can go off to ano.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence

I've been waiting so long for CoolHand to do something like this and I know it's gonna freakin' rock, so I have decided to sell my X-Mag just to be able to afford this. It's just a matter of who wants to buy it. You can call me crazy , but I really don't care. I have complete faith in CoolHand.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    I've been waiting so long for CoolHand to do something like this and I know it's gonna freakin' rock, so I have decided to sell my X-Mag just to be able to afford this. It's just a matter of who wants to buy it. You can call me crazy , but I really don't care. I have complete faith in CoolHand.

No pressure or anything.

Don't worry, we'll have you back to before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    The triggers came in today!

I'm working on assembling the first one. I gotta cram a Pred Morlock into it instead of the new boards that TAG are working on (since TAG isn't done with those yet), so the LED and On/Off switch will not be the same as the production models. Other than that, all the parts are done (except a minor tweak I gotta do to the VA's). Basically, we are now waiting on boards, and people to buy them.

I will post pics and vids when it is done and shooting.

So far, I can say that the trigger pull F'in Rules. I have stupid fingers, and even I can walk the crap out of it. Oh yes, I do so love it when things work as designed.
    AWESOME! Keep up the good work

I know of two people in San Diego who are dying to see this thing

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlend2786
    AWESOME! Keep up the good work

I know of two people in San Diego who are dying to see this thing

Make that 4 people in san diego. My brother (Mandatory) and i cant wait. I am one of the few who has stepped up and bought one. so when it comes in i will be so happy and ready to rip

i'm also one of the few.

Quote Originally Posted by slimc
    Make that 4 people in san diego. My brother (Mandatory) and i cant wait. I am one of the few who has stepped up and bought one. so when it comes in i will be so happy and ready to rip
    wow, 4 logic EM's in the same city.

that friggin rules.

will this still be available around tax refund time? i hope....this is the only way i will get one, unless i sell my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_automag_07
    will this still be available around tax refund time? i hope....this is the only way i will get one, unless i sell my body.
    that'll work. just stand somewhere downtown naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_automag_07
    There is no telling.

At this rate, I am liable to have them for months yet.

I am hoping to have the preorders shipped in a month to five weeks, but I can't be sure of that since TAG isn't sure when the boards will be done.

Got the electronics installed last night. Board and all runs like a champ.

Need to get the rail machined, and the eye covers cut, which I will (hopefully) be doing tomorrow, then its video time.

Just a few tidbits from some testing that is on-going:

Battery life is about the same as the proof of concept. I am willing to pretty much guarantee 15 cases on a good Duracell 9V. I have seen in excess of 30, but the engineer in me yearns for a factor of safety when dealing in absolutes. However, I foresee no problems at all getting 15 cases out of a battery. That said, it's always a good idea to swap them before a big game/day of play. If you carry a multi-meter with you to the field, you should dump them when they dip below 8.9volts, as they start to do funky stuff at around 8.85 volts.

Just a few things to tidy up before I can take a vid, but all in all it looks very promising (IE no "Oh ****!" moments yet, though I am sure there is something that will get me ).

Be on the lookout for new pics when the rail and eye covers are done.

Accually, Im really surpised how far you have gotten without a huge delay. The only thing really thats slowing you down is the boards. I have to say this is going smooth as silk compared to some other things Ive seen similar to this. I cant wait to see the video. Im really tempted to get one now, only if I had the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple_Pie
    Accually, Im really surpised how far you have gotten without a huge delay. The only thing really thats slowing you down is the boards. I have to say this is going smooth as silk compared to some other things Ive seen similar to this. I cant wait to see the video. Im really tempted to get one now, only if I had the money.
    Yes, things have gone pretty smoothly so far, but we aren't out of the woods yet.

I spent all day today arguing with the CNC machine about how it wanted its files uploaded.

Damned uppity machine tools. . . . . grumble grumble grumble grumble . . . . . . . .

that friggin rules.
    No just 3, my brother has a Dmag on order. I think that it wil be really funnyif I get my logic EM before he gets his Dmag!

Nothing new to report. Went drinking last night, so I didn't get up until about an hour ago.

Pics will be forthcoming when I win my argument with the CNC.

Well, the rule for dealing with household appliances is hitting them very very hard with a hammer. Maybe it goes the same for machining tools. BTW, like I said in the pm I sent you, eblade covers might be the solution for people like Derek and me with AM/MM Classic based rails.

Bump.

Didn't get much accomplished over the weekend . . . . . . . . drank too much.

Since I didn't have my wits about me all day yesterday, and most of today, I decided it best to avoid machine tools.

I did take the time to RTFM for the new CNC control (gasp! ), and I do believe that I have the info in hand that I need to win the argument started at the end of last week.

More updates as they come.

Give any thought to using rubber eblade covers for people with classic based rails like Derek's Dallara and my Alpha? I think you might have to cut the bottom of the eye cover shorter, but it'd work.

San Diego "the real SoCal" (Encinitas) CA

that friggin rules.

Actually that doesnt rule!!!!! there are actually only 3. I, unfortunatly made the untimely decision to send my gun to become a devilmag.....and 6 months later i still ahve no gun and have no idea what is going on or when i will see it. My brother, (slimc) being older and wiser, waited to see what happend with the devilmags, and was able to avoid the headach they have become. Then coolhand stepped up and decided to do the automag the right way, and my brother jumped on the oppertunity to pre-order. I know these thigs are gonna rip and be top quality. I had a logic vert frame on my mag befor i sent it into the abyss, and i loved it. Its on my brothers rt right now. Its gonna be a dark day around my house when my brother gets his ripper EM befor i get my devilmag. I may have to seclude myself for fear of injury to others. I hope and know that all your guns are gonnar rip. Be thankful you made a good choice.

just a thought... Sythe type trigger as an option... that would rule
    -Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Bump.

Didn't get much accomplished over the weekend . . . . . . . . drank too much.

Since I didn't have my wits about me all day yesterday, and most of today, I decided it best to avoid machine tools.

I did take the time to RTFM for the new CNC control (gasp! ), and I do believe that I have the info in hand that I need to win the argument started at the end of last week.

More updates as they come.
    You just gotta love CoolHand's honesty. No silly excuses like the anno guy lost the shipment, etc...
    He just straight out admits it.
    LOL!

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

Hey, I tells 'em like I sees em . . . . . . . . and Saturday night, I see'd too many drinks. Then Sunday I see'd the Tylenol bottle, and not much else.

Suffice to say I shan't be doing that again for a while.

Today, I got the programs into the machine's memory (I prevailed despite a few irritating bugs). Hopefully I will be able to find time to cut the parts in the next few days. If not before, for sure on Friday (hooray for no classes on Fridays!).

Other than that, not much to report.

And Doobie, for the record, I have had ano guys lose whole markers before. Fortunately they were really just "misplaced", but one still came back with many parts MIA.

Anodizers are a bane on society, I swear. If not for crappy ano guys, I would not have had half the troubles I did (with any project).

Lets just cross our collective fingers that the new guy (who has come highly recommended by many people from all over) doesn't drop the ball on me.

Quote Originally Posted by mandatory
    Actually that doesnt rule!!!!! there are actually only 3. I, unfortunatly made the untimely decision to send my gun to become a devilmag.....and 6 months later i still ahve no gun and have no idea what is going on or when i will see it. My brother, (slimc) being older and wiser, waited to see what happend with the devilmags, and was able to avoid the headach they have become. Then coolhand stepped up and decided to do the automag the right way, and my brother jumped on the oppertunity to pre-order. I know these thigs are gonna rip and be top quality. I had a logic vert frame on my mag befor i sent it into the abyss, and i loved it. Its on my brothers rt right now. Its gonna be a dark day around my house when my brother gets his ripper EM befor i get my devilmag. I may have to seclude myself for fear of injury to others. I hope and know that all your guns are gonnar rip. Be thankful you made a good choice.
    well i say that once they come in we all go celebrate with a weekend at velocity.

Hopefully your D.Mag is ready by then though

Not to be a pest, but has my eblade eye cover been given any thought? I spent so long making that ms paint image lol. Feasible? I know the rubber covers may be too long, but you could always strip some rubber off of the bottom and cut the wires shorter. Got any laying around? Here's the craptastic paint creation again:

http://www.bohica.freeservers.com/im...ade_covers.jpg

That is a render of my gun with the "arachna-magged" VM Ripper, the EM Ripper will obviously be mounted on an RT style rail with the special VA.
    Last edited by warbeak2099; 09-07-2005 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Not to be a pest, but has my eblade eye cover been given any thought? I spent so long making that ms paint image lol. Feasible? I know the rubber covers may be too long, but you could always strip some rubber off of the bottom and cut the wires shorter. Got any laying around? Here's the craptastic paint creation again:

http://www.bohica.freeservers.com/im...ade_covers.jpg

That is a render of my gun with the "arachna-magged" VM Ripper, the EM Ripper will obviously be mounted on an RT style rail with the special VA.
    Yes, I've thought about it, and I still don't like the Eblade covers (thought they are orders of magnitude better looking than the goop).

For the ULE bodies and RT rails, I've got a nice solution. For the Karta guys, I think I can adapt said solution, though I will have to machine on their bodies some to pull it off (it will all cover though).

The Dallaras are the bind. I may end up being forced to use the eblade covers on the Dallaras. If they can switch to the RT type rail, I think I can mod the aluminum eye covers to fit the body. We'll just have to wait and see.