Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Would it work with Doc's cocker barrel adaptor?
    Yeah, but we'll have to mod it a bit to stay in place without a twistlock. I'd bet we could do that with a well placed set screw though.

gothsqwd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Yeah, I can get one of the original vert concept. Its not functional right now (I stole the board out of it for another project), but you can get the idea of how it works.

I don't have a hybrid frame in aluminum yet, but that's just the outside shape. I can post a CAD solid if that would help.

Give me a day or two to find the proto back, and get some pics taken.
    Sounds good to me. Mostly llooking to see how the lpr sits and things like that.

Hmmmm . . . . . . . . .

Let me mull that over a little bit.

The only thing stopping me is the lack of decent eye covers for the Mag. If I could lick that, then the other stuff would be easier to deal with.

Let me ponder on it and get back to you (its not like we don't have a good bit of time to think about it).
    even if you have to use the usual eclipse covers or what not.

do you have an estimated time period for delivery after the pre-order fills? I'd like to be in action by october but don't mind waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    even if you have to use the usual eclipse covers or what not.

do you have an estimated time period for delivery after the pre-order fills? I'd like to be in action by october but don't mind waiting.
    The machine work has already started, so I'd say 12-14 weeks to start shipping the preorders.

If more than 25 sell, there will be another 6-8 week lag for more frames to be cut and anodized.

Quote Originally Posted by gothsqwd
    Sounds good to me. Mostly llooking to see how the lpr sits and things like that.
    Now that, I don't have a prototype of. I just tapped another hole into an existing AGD VA. The LPR just sticks out under the barrel like an Impulse with an LPR.

Will this frame be more or less reliable when compared to a devil mag frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Conversekidz
    Will this frame be more or less reliable when compared to a devil mag frame?
    Well, this is question loaded with danger.

If I say yes, then I'm bagging on GADevil's product.

If I say no, then I'm shooting myself in the foot.

I'll put it like this:

The LPR is a set it and forget it kind of deal. It will come preset from me, and should never have to be fiddled with. The solenoid valve is rated for upwards of 200 million cycles (200,000,000+ cycles), and the board is made by TAG/KM2 arguably the makers of the most reliable boards in the world.

So here is the bottom line: These frames will be rock solid. I can't draw a comparison with the DM, but I can tell you that the parts I have used are very reliable, and they are being used in the manner which they were designed to be used (IE, I'm using them for what they are meant for). That all goes a very long way to making these frames basically bullet proof.

I will say you will have about 50 times more trouble with the LVL X than you will ever have with these frames (provided, of course, that you don't take them apart and fiddle with everything all the time).

That's about all I can say on that, I think.

provided, of course, that you don't take them apart and fiddle with everything all the time
    But that takes all the fun out of it.

If it could work with one of Doc's adaptors via a set screw, what would be the estimated installation cost?
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

http://devilsden.tv/DM-pics.htm

If I ordered one I would want you to do the eye work for me as well. Take a look at the compound eyes from GA Devil's website. These look better and are more reliable than the eye covers made for mags. Let me know if you can do it.
    Dust Green X-Mag #315

ULE body w/ dual Kila V2 detents, X valve w/ LX, Y-grip w/ Dye grips, ULT, Omega rail, Stainless Steel Freak Kit.

My Feedback- https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165428

The machine work has already started, so I'd say 12-14 weeks to start shipping the preorders.

If more than 25 sell, there will be another 6-8 week lag for more frames to be cut and anodized.
    Sorry if I missed this info, but I have a question. I know you said 12-14 weeks (if everything goes perfectly) for the pre-orders, but any idea when we will get to see the prototype in action?

*crosses fingers his cocker sells so he can get one.*

I haven't played with a mag in a long time, this would definately replace my proto.

well i say promise the 15 batch quick. people don't wanna pay early then get sucker punched another 6-8 weeks for the late buyers. Let the late ones wait..

anyways, do you have a number I could give you a shout at. I'm interested but need to iron some stuff out and communication via internet is slower than a cocker.

well i say promise the 15 batch quick. people don't wanna pay early then get sucker punched another 6-8 weeks for the late buyers. Let the late ones wait..

anyways, do you have a number I could give you a shout at. I'm interested but need to iron some stuff out and communication via internet is slower than a cocker.
    Well yes, that should go without saying.

I meant, that any orders after 25 will have to wait while more frames are cut, not that everyone would have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    http://devilsden.tv/DM-pics.htm

If I ordered one I would want you to do the eye work for me as well. Take a look at the compound eyes from GA Devil's website. These look better and are more reliable than the eye covers made for mags. Let me know if you can do it.
    I am in the process of working up some aluminum covers, that are a little less agricultural looking than the compound. If worse comes to worse, I will go with the epoxy, but I really don't like it.

Its looking like there is no way for me to get around doing eye installs . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by armyboot
    Sorry if I missed this info, but I have a question. I know you said 12-14 weeks (if everything goes perfectly) for the pre-orders, but any idea when we will get to see the prototype in action?

*crosses fingers his cocker sells so he can get one.*

I haven't played with a mag in a long time, this would definately replace my proto.
    Well, the proof of concept marker was built, tested, and torn down about seven months ago.

I can take some pics of the system in a vert frame (the test mule), but I'm afraid that you are going to have to hang on until I get some of the new parts in. There will be a month at least to make videos and such once the parts are machined, while everyone else's stuff is at ano.

So, I'd say videos and such in about six weeks.

Best I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    But that takes all the fun out of it.

If it could work with one of Doc's adaptors via a set screw, what would be the estimated installation cost?
    For just that mod?

Maybe $25-$30 (if its that simple).

Well, the proof of concept marker was built, tested, and torn down about seven months ago.

I can take some pics of the system in a vert frame (the test mule), but I'm afraid that you are going to have to hang on until I get some of the new parts in. There will be a month at least to make videos and such once the parts are machined, while everyone else's stuff is at ano.

So, I'd say videos and such in about six weeks.

Best I can do.
    Sounds good to me! Can't wait to see what this awesome mod will do.

I think I'm gonna have to lower the price on my cocker... I really want a mag again

Where does the LPR hose get routed into the frame?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by RFLMN1
    Where does the LPR hose get routed into the frame?

Jason
    From page one:

The hosing runs into the front tip of the frame above where the trigger guard starts. The only hose exposed is the run from the LPR to there (about an inch of hosing).
    There ya go.

Thanks, Ill pay better attention next time. Now I just need to sell some things to get one.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by RFLMN1
    Thanks, Ill pay better attention next time. Now I just need to sell some things to get one.

Jason

No worries, I was just too lazy to retype it.

I just wanted to know who you would recomend to have the milling for the eyes done by. I have a Karta Emag and as soon as I can put the money together I will be ordering one of these bad boys. Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by stonersr26
    I just wanted to know who you would recomend to have the milling for the eyes done by. I have a Karta Emag and as soon as I can put the money together I will be ordering one of these bad boys. Thanks .
    TAG, or Destructive Customs I believe could do it.

TAG, or Destructive Customs I believe could do it.
    Yup.

DC, JMJ, TAG, or any number of other airsmiths can do it.

The question is whether they want to do it or not.

IIRC Chris (GADevil) does the Mag stuff at TAG, and he is obviously buried. I don't know if they take any more or not.

DC could certainly do it (they are quite capable machinists), but once again, I don't know if they have done any Mags in the past, or if they want to do any now. They do a lot of machine work on Vikings and the like, which I imagine is much more profitable (and less labor intensive) than this sort of thing.

Like I said before, let me check around and see what houses I can line up.

When I get a list populated, I will post it here.

Thanks, that will be very helpfull

DC is familiar with AGD stuff.. they should be able to get r' done. just give them a shout, toss an email. They are great for replying fast.

ryan have you figured out if you can get a full gun together yet? for the body i'd probably have you send it out to DC first, then back to yourself for assembly.. then send it to me. rather than myself having to send 2 international packagages, and receive 2. that's retarded money.

little known fact we started with AGD (and never really left)

we are the only AGD dealer left in new england that I know of
    Last edited by magmonkey; 07-17-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magmonkey

right from the horses mouth. hey are you guys getting your excalibur milling patterns out soon? I'm gettin ready to just sell mine and go mag.

Quote Originally Posted by magmonkey

That's good to hear.

I just talked with Luke as well, so the list is growing.

And I don't have a problem doing the assembly, I'm just not going to be able to do all the installs and the machine work, and new design, and shipping, and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

That's good to hear.

I just talked with Luke as well, so the list is growing.

And I don't have a problem doing the assembly, I'm just not going to be able to do all the installs and the machine work, and new design, and shipping, and . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    all I'd ask is you put the frame onto a body/rail, stick detents and a feedneck on it and send it to me ready to gas and fire..

i may just use a level X instead of eyes.

does that sound do-able?

all I'd ask is you put the frame onto a body/rail, stick detents and a feedneck on it and send it to me ready to gas and fire..

i may just use a level X instead of eyes.

does that sound do-able?
    Well yeah, I can sell you a whole marker, or assemble one from parts you send, that is certainly doable (eyes or not).

The only thing that would stop us is AGD being out of what you want, but with 6- 12 weeks before the parts are all done, I'm sure we can get it all found in time though.