Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    Can you not just buy the predator programmer and flash them all yourself? Or is that against the rules? if that can't happen, 20$ seems to be a small price to pay. What advantages would the tag boards have over the minimorlock with flashed predator code?
    They won't sell the code, and I don't have a flasher anyway.

I could just send them in, but that's another $500 out of my pocket, on a project that I am already losing money on.

See what I mean here?

The Pred Morlocks would be basically identical to the new boards, no performance gained by waiting for them.

I guess I will tell Curt to go ahead and sent the first 15 and we can go from there.

How about just putting in the Mini Morlocks and sending them out like that? If people decide they want the Predator code they could always send the board to Tag. Its a quick turn around.

ultimate mech mag frames

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    There aren't any left, though I think one guy might be trying to sell his spot in line.

Home - I started my new job in December. The biggest delay right now is TAG and their total info blackout on when/if the boards will be done. Everything else is secondary, without a board to run it, the thing is useless. I have spoken with Vaporworks, but the boards they have are a little too big, and a firmware rewrite (to include all the cool modes) looks to be expensive at best. Basically, it's set and wait on TAG time. I will politely prod them as often as I dare, but past that there isn't much I can do.

That said, if it goes too much longer (as in "it's starting to look like they won't do them at all"), I will figure something else out.

I won't leave you all swingin in the breeze.
    I wasnt worried about the marker, or you leaving us swinging.
    I wasnt asking you to ship it, I will gladly wait till its complete, and setup and tweaked by you.
    I sent you a PM, I also bought 2 of the mech mag frames from your website (no grips on either).
    I was asking if you could go ahead and ship the mech mag frames.
    1 black, 1 blue.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    I wasnt worried about the marker, or you leaving us swinging.
    I wasnt asking you to ship it, I will gladly wait till its complete, and setup and tweaked by you.
    I sent you a PM, I also bought 2 of the mech mag frames from your website (no grips on either).
    I was asking if you could go ahead and ship the mech mag frames.
    1 black, 1 blue.
    Ah, I misunderstood.

The mech mag frames are still at ano. Yes, you read it right, the god damned anodizer has taken my stuff hostage AGAIN.

This now makes five . . .no, SIX in a row that cannot even come close to their own deadlines, and therefore make me not even come close to my own deadline.

The Mech Mag frames will ship as soon as they / if they ever show back up again.

I am very sorry that I don't have better news.

That said, I still have raw one's that I held in reserve, so you could get two raw ones relatively quickly, if you are in a bind for them (with a refund to cover the lack of ano, of course).

I ask, in the name of Zues's BUTTHOLE, why can I not find a decent anodizer?

That's all I want, a frikin anodizer with a frikin lazer on his head. Is that too much to ask!?!

well I'd still like to get what I originally hopped on for, the frame with the predator board. It's only been a 6 month wait for me, and I bought frame #4 or 5. I knew I would have to wait probably 7-8 months [wait i expected at the time] So I'm not even close to being bothered with the wait, and somethings will always be left up to other people, who don't necessarily keep us in mind, like annodizers, and TAG.

Automaggot68 Guest
    It's kinda funny, I'd settle for a raw frame with a board...but TAG is beng welll...
    They're being themselves.

mech frames

Ah, I misunderstood.

The mech mag frames are still at ano. Yes, you read it right, the god damned anodizer has taken my stuff hostage AGAIN.

This now makes five . . .no, SIX in a row that cannot even come close to their own deadlines, and therefore make me not even come close to my own deadline.

The Mech Mag frames will ship as soon as they / if they ever show back up again.

I am very sorry that I don't have better news.

That said, I still have raw one's that I held in reserve, so you could get two raw ones relatively quickly, if you are in a bind for them (with a refund to cover the lack of ano, of course).

I ask, in the name of Zues's BUTTHOLE, why can I not find a decent anodizer?

That's all I want, a frikin anodizer with a frikin lazer on his head. Is that too much to ask!?!

Umm, I thought it said you had the mech frames in stock when I ordered it from your site, guess I was mistaken.

BTW, you should read up on some anodizing articles and consider doing it yourself, I think life would be so much easier for you. It's not like you are doing fades or a bulk/constant supply. You would save money too. Sometimes initial decisions need to be altered in order to gain desired effects, but at the same time persistence may pay off. In this case, I would go with the first option.

I agree that the morlocks should be installed without the pred code for the moment. A mag with electricity is truly amazing in itself and people can send them in later as mentioned in another post, besides, i'm not too fond of TAG myself and the morlocks are fast enough for the meantime.

Well, whatever happens, i'm sure you'll make the right decision and everyone will be satisfied. It's an AO forum, not pbnation.

Peace from IRAQ, Ian

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by P8ntballr4life
    Umm, I thought it said you had the mech frames in stock when I ordered it from your site, guess I was mistaken.

If you ordered one with a color it had to be shipped to anno.
    Unless you bought raw, in which case, I don't know.

BTW, you should read up on some anodizing articles and consider doing it yourself, I think life would be so much easier for you. It's not like you are doing fades or a bulk/constant supply. You would save money too. Sometimes initial decisions need to be altered in order to gain desired effects, but at the same time persistence may pay off. In this case, I would go with the first option.

I agree that the morlocks should be installed without the pred code for the moment. A mag with electricity is truly amazing in itself and people can send them in later as mentioned in another post, besides, i'm not too fond of TAG myself and the morlocks are fast enough for the meantime.

Well, whatever happens, i'm sure you'll make the right decision and everyone will be satisfied. It's an AO forum, not pbnation.

Peace from IRAQ, Ian
    Derek is right, I have the physical items in stock, but they are raw. The website can't tell the difference.

We used to do the anodizing here ourselves, when I had lots of help, and wasn't that busy.

Now, I have a full time job, all my help is gone, and I have about 150% the amount of parts to be anodized. It's just not feasable to do it here anymore.

I'm leaning towards the mini-morlocks more and more myself. I will see what I can do about it.

coolhand .... is there a way i can join you by email ?? i tried to contact you several times since a month and still no reply
    junk mail folder perhaps ...

Are you ever gonna make another run of these??
    When i get a job this summer i will be very intereted with purchasing one

Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frame

I just got an email, QuantumView UPS Ship Notification from Logic Paintball
    for the 3 Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frames I purchased !

WOOHOO !

That must mean the stuff finally came back from anno !

Excuse me while I do the happy dance !

YEEHAW !

I just got an email, QuantumView UPS Ship Notification from Logic Paintball
    for the 3 Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frames I purchased !

WOOHOO !

That must mean the stuff finally came back from anno !

Excuse me while I do the happy dance !

YEEHAW !
    No, unfortunately, what it means is that the stuff came back . . . . . . . raw.

Apparently, the guy has decided that anodizing is too much for him, and has sent back all the outstanding work he had.

I guess I wasn't the only one waiting on stuff from him.

So, basically, he sat on my parts for months on end, didn't do **** to them, and then sent them back with a refund and an apology.

At least he refunded my money.

So, now that I am back to square one, I am shipping out the parts, as is (that is raw), with a refund for the lack of ano.

I am tired of dealing with anodizers . . .period. If you all want to have them anodized, I suggest A+ Anodizing. He's the only guy I've dealt with that hasn't totally botched everything I sent him, but he's high, and is pretty slow (he says two weeks, but he means two or three months). That said, at least his work was good.

Dirt Products did a sample batch for me, but they took right at six months to turn that batch (of just a few parts) around, having thought they lost it once. Their ano looked good too.

But that is it. The other four or five places have sucked royally, either destroying parts, taking forever, botching the job, or all of the above.

I am very sorry to have to do this, but I am done messing with it. The parts will go out, and I will forever be done with big batch anodizing.

The electro frames will be sent to A+ Ano, but will go one at a time with all the parts that need to be matched. No more batches, no more BS, no more fly by nighters.

That is all.

The book of Job

You have the patience of Job.
    Ever read the book of Job and all the things he went thru ?

Dont stress, it will all work out man.

You are still waiting on Tag for the boards anyways.

There has been no 911 repeat terrorist attack, so all is well.

I see on the Tag forum some guys have been waiting over a year
    to get their Devil mags now, and still dont have them, and dont even
    know yet when they will get them.
    We arent even close to that yet.

And some of them are pretty upset because the Devil mags guys had
    not been returning email inquiries.

Life is full of stress, its all in how we handle it.
    Attitude is everything !

I'm not waiting on TAG anymore. As soon as this month's CC payment posts, I will be ordering boards from Curt at KM2. If you want it flashed with a Pred ROM, you can send it to TAG.

Once again, I am VERY sorry to bait and switch you guys, I told you it would have a Predator board in it, but there is no end in sight with TAG, and I refuse to let this project drag on like the Devil Mags have. It's just not going to happen with this one.

I will have 15 boards from Curt in a couple of weeks, and then the other 10 in about a month and a half (his estimate, not mine). So we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am very sorry that this isn't going as smoothly as it could have. This is what you get when we are all too poor (and/or not smart enough) to do everything "in-house".

The biggest downfalls of all my projects have always been the parts I had to rely on other companies for.

At least with the custom stuff it's only one person at a time that's pissed off at me. lol

With the production parts, I was able to piss off whole masses of people at once. Much more efficient.

Km2 ?

I'm not waiting on TAG anymore. As soon as this month's CC payment posts, I will be ordering boards from Curt at KM2. If you want it flashed with a Pred ROM, you can send it to TAG.

Once again, I am VERY sorry to bait and switch you guys, I told you it would have a Predator board in it, but there is no end in sight with TAG, and I refuse to let this project drag on like the Devil Mags have. It's just not going to happen with this one.

I will have 15 boards from Curt in a couple of weeks, and then the other 10 in about a month and a half (his estimate, not mine). So we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am very sorry that this isn't going as smoothly as it could have. This is what you get when we are all too poor (and/or not smart enough) to do everything "in-house".

The biggest downfalls of all my projects have always been the parts I had to rely on other companies for.

At least with the custom stuff it's only one person at a time that's pissed off at me. lol

With the production parts, I was able to piss off whole masses of people at once. Much more efficient.

What is KM2 ?
    Is that the mini morlock some were posting about on here ?
    If so will it be as fast as the video ?
    I dont care what board as long as its all ready tweaked and ready to shoot when I get it
    because I'm not so sure I can program the thing myself.

WTF is going on with the assclowns at TAG? They are out of control, then ***** about how everyone is out t get them and ripping them off.

What is KM2 ?
    Is that the mini morlock some were posting about on here ?
    If so will it be as fast as the video ?
    I dont care what board as long as its all ready tweaked and ready to shoot when I get it
    because I'm not so sure I can program the thing myself.
    KM2 = Kenshaw Mountain Markers = Curt Hartung's Paintball Board Company They make the mini-morlocks.

The board will not change the speed of the marker, per se. If you set the marker to semi-auto, they will both be the same speed. If you set the cap to 15bps and turn on the 3rnd burst, it will be just as fast as the Pred on PSP ramp with a cap of 15 bps (see where I'm going with this?).

If you have to have every single mode that the Pred's use, they can flash the Pred ROM onto the mini-morlock (which is what a Pred Morlock was anyway).

If you have it reflashed, I will reset the programming for you for free, just pay the shipping and we're square. I won't leave you to swim alone.

As long as I have a listing of the registers and a listing of the default values for solenoid dwell and other sensitive settings I would be fine with any board I may get. I only plan using semi so I don't really mind if it has the predator code or not.

Automaggot68 Guest
    Me being a Mode whore, I want the Stuff.
    PM me, or tell me here how much that'll cost, and I'll add it to my feedneck money order.

It costs $20 to have TAG flash a board that they didn't sell.

BUT (and I must emphasize this), that puts your marker's completion date back into TAG's hands. This is why I'm not going to just go ahead and have them all flashed, it would end up being the same thing all over again.

This way, each man can make that call for himself, and I am out of the loop (notice the subtle yet instrumental accountability dodge on my part ).

Sounds good to me, just do what you got to do. I don't need all the crazy modes anyway.

yeah sounds good to me, morlock it is! that new board house TAG built that i read about 5-6 months ago must be really uber fast, and crankin out those boards like crazy like they said

This way, each man can make that call for himself, and I am out of the loop (notice the subtle yet instrumental accountability dodge on my part ).
    Yes, good escape.

I'm sure everyone will be satisfied with your wise decision to utilize KM2's mini-morlock boards. They are extremely versatile and very reliable. Even I am going to buy one now, that is, if you continue to do them of course considering your hassles and losses (are you losing?).

By the way, how many grams is the trigger switch that is provided with the morlocks and is that the same one you use?

Thanks, Ian

If anyone wants to sell their order yet just let me know!

Yes, good escape.

I'm sure everyone will be satisfied with your wise decision to utilize KM2's mini-morlock boards. They are extremely versatile and very reliable. Even I am going to buy one now, that is, if you continue to do them of course considering your hassles and losses (are you losing?).

By the way, how many grams is the trigger switch that is provided with the morlocks and is that the same one you use?

Thanks, Ian
    I already have all the electronics here, save for the boards and the big connector they use.

The trigger switch is an Omron 25g switch. With the leverage ratio on this frame's trigger, you can barely feel the click (i don't think you'd feel it at all if you couldn't hear it).

I am losing money on them, though not a great amount. However, the point of this whole endeavor was supposed to be to make some money and provide Maggers with something they wanted very badly.

At least I managed to get the one part right . . . . . . . . .

ok so i will post here again since it seem to be the only place to see you coolhand ... i also tried to email you again concerning my fireblade trigger and you don't seem to receive my emails ... can you please just tell me , here or by email what happens to my order ?? it's been ordered in september ... if my blade was part of that anno batch that you been screwed with , just send me a raw one ... it will be just fine for me ...
    please give me some news ... btw i know you didn't ran away with my money and i read every week what you write here so don't take this message as if i am pushing you ... i know all the problems you are getting trough but i just want to be sure you didn't forgot me with all the problems you had recently ...

Quote Originally Posted by grominou69
    ok so i will post here again since it seem to be the only place to see you coolhand ... i also tried to email you again concerning my fireblade trigger and you don't seem to receive my emails ... can you please just tell me , here or by email what happens to my order ?? it's been ordered in september ... if my blade was part of that anno batch that you been screwed with , just send me a raw one ... it will be just fine for me ...
    please give me some news ... btw i know you didn't ran away with my money and i read every week what you write here so don't take this message as if i am pushing you ... i know all the problems you are getting trough but i just want to be sure you didn't forgot me with all the problems you had recently ...
    Yup, all the guys waiting on FireBlades were waiting on this batch. Your order will be going out with a raw unassembled trigger in the next week or so. I have a lot of back orders to ship.

Basically, I ship the FireBlades USPS since they aren't terribly expensive, and they don't weigh too much. That's why you haven't gotten a UPS number.

Rest assured, it will ship in the coming days. Every back order I had (except for EFrame orders) will be shipped in the next two weeks.

There are just a whole bunch of them to get through.

Yup, all the guys waiting on FireBlades were waiting on this batch. Your order will be going out with a raw unassembled trigger in the next week or so. I have a lot of back orders to ship.

Basically, I ship the FireBlades USPS since they aren't terribly expensive, and they don't weigh too much. That's why you haven't gotten a UPS number.

Rest assured, it will ship in the coming days. Every back order I had (except for EFrame orders) will be shipped in the next two weeks.

There are just a whole bunch of them to get through.
    uh this may seem a stupid question but what do you mean by "unasembled" ?
    is there sumtin' to assemble on a fireblade ??

Quote Originally Posted by grominou69
    uh this may seem a stupid question but what do you mean by "unasembled" ?
    is there sumtin' to assemble on a fireblade ??
    It means that:

1) I can't spell "unassembled" correctly.

2) That the upper return magnet will come with the trigger, BUT it will not be glued in place. This is so you can have the trigger anodized if you like, without destroying the magnet. If you want to use it raw, just put a tiny dabb of JB Quick Weld (the stuff that's dry in two minutes) into the magnet pocket, press the magnet down into it, let it set up for an hour or so, and you're good to go.