Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Logic Ultimate Mag Frame - The Electro Mag Solution - PreOrder

OK guys, I've got my quotes done, and I have a price ready to go.

Drum roll . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $450 complete

Already got an LPR? Then its $425

Click Here to get one PreOrdered!

UPDATE (9-26-05):

Here's a dry firing video. I'll do a vid with paint as soon as I get the body cut for eyes.

Right click the link below and select "save target as".

Vidage!

UPDATE AGAIN (10-10-05)

OK folks, drum roll please . . . . . .

Right Click the link and choose "Save Target As".

Short Video with Paint

It sound graphed out at just a fuzz over 20bps. That's a stock HALO-B too, so I'm going to guess that its just not going to go faster than that (already using fresh batteries).

I'll see what I can do with the Cheetah HALO I've got kicking around here though.

One thing I did notice, is that you basically can't dry fire this thing. If you set the board timing to let you dry fire, its unnecessarily slow with the eyes on (since you also have a BIP delay when the eyes are on). If you set to to be fast with the eyes on (like in the video), it will chuff and short-stroke like a madman when you try to use it with them off, since the BIP delay is ignored when the eyes are off.

But, that's OK, you just have to shoot paint to show off.

It is fast as hell, I will say that.

Specs:

Predator Board AFA 5.0 (or newer)
    Eye Components included (You build the harness and do the eye install)
    Roller Bearing Trigger
    Adjustable switch contact and post travel, fixed forward stop
    Magnetic trigger return
    DM5 Grips
    Huge trigger guard
    Integrated Dovetail Rail
    Includes VA that is already tapped for the LPR
    Complete kit comes with Jackhammer LPR (black)
    Does not use the ULT (you need to use a stock RTP on/off)
    Uses one 9V battery
    Mounting hardware and allen keys included

Works with RTP, EMag, and Karta Rail, as well as any RTP type rail (like most of what Rogue sells).
    Works with ULE body, Karta Body, and any body cut from a slug.

Will not work with twist lock bodies.

It can be made to work with classic rails, but custom work will be involved (IE its no longer just a bolt on thing).

Finished Design:

First 15 preorders get to choose a custom color (for the frame, trigger, and VA) at no extra charge, and laser engraving of their choice on one side (I'll post up a template of the area so you can go to town), also at no extra charge.

Its going to be at least six to eight weeks to have finished products, likely longer if everythinhg doesn't go just right.

Everyone has to realize that this is going to be a long term deal. If you cannot wait for three or four months for your parts, do not sign up. I've said it here, and I will post it again on the site for the preorders.

I want everyone to know two things:

1) This is going to take a while. Probably longer than any of us think right now.
    2) There will be no refunds for the preorders. This is going to be a high dollar project, one which I cannot float out of pocket for the time that this is going to take. You have to know this going in. Your money will be gone into the parts right after you place the order, so it cannot come back easily. For that reason, there will be no refunds on the preorder.

Click Here to get one PreOrdered!

I know the price is higher than I wanted it to be, but by doing them in such small runs, the price is a bit higher than it would have been.

EDIT (8-15-05): The first 25 frames are done being machined. The internal parts are due to be done this week. All I am waiting on are boards from TAG, and orders from you guys. They can't be anodized until they are ordered, so . . . . . . . . . . go get 'em ordered!

New Pics, of actual metal this time:

Driver Side:

Lower Angle to show the Countersunk Rear Frame Screw:

Passenger Side:

Update (9-26-05):

Driver's Side Full View

Passenger's Side Full View

Driver's Side Close View

Passenger's Side Close View (please disregard the ghetto-fabulous on/off switch, that obviously won't be there when my little PCB's are done)
    Last edited by CoolHand; 10-09-2005 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added Progress Update & Pictures

For what you are offering here, this is a good price! Let us know how much this set up weighs when you get a chance. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tach-One
    For what you are offering here, this is a good price! Let us know how much this set up weighs when you get a chance. Thanks
    Looks like between 7 & 9 ozs fully loaded for the frame.

More if you add in the VA and LPR.

That big ol' frame is actually a whole ounce lighter than the vert frames bare.

Now THAT is ULE.

It won't be real heavy, but since its got a 'noid and 9v in there, its going to be heavier than a mech mag.

I won't have a for sure weight of the whole kit until I get one put together.

so why is the ult bad?

i mean, how can you use a powerful noid and 9v?= whats the battery life?
    embargo backwards = o grab me

"Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do." -Larry The Cable Guy

Dragun Drallion, nexus kit, tickler, e2, pysco 5" drop w/ on off, macroline, A+ bolt and back block, Oydessy 3 barrel kit, armson stealth, 15* ASA, Kapp pump arm, Black Magic, warp feed w/ 12v upgrade, halo b w/ vic&rip, 91/4500 bulldog

Tippmann 98C ebolt, lp kit, m-16 kit, palmer stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    so why is the ult bad?

i mean, how can you use a powerful noid and 9v?= whats the battery life?
    Its not a electromechanical 'noid, its a solenoid valve. We are using air here folks.

Tiny 'noid = about four to five times the battery life over using a pancake.

We need the RT kick from the On/Off to reset the actuator.

What kind of custom work are we talking for a MM rail? Man I love having a job, so I can get this kind of thing.
    "STAY OUT OF SMART PARTS SECTIONS.
    ANYONE CAUGHT STARTING *poof* IS GONE, PERIOD.
    THIS IS LAW"-PBN MOD
    GITRDONE!!!!!
    Tunamart for all of your mag needs
    Team Magfiea

Long Live Tom Kaye
    Long Live The Mag

Automaggot68 Guest
    Got The First One, Suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    Got The First One, Suckers.
    Just thought this was a funny post.......
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault
    Just thought this was a funny post.......
    What? Do you just go around trying to stir up in random posts?

/Takes a quick glance at your post record.

Yup, pretty much.

In that case, let me be blunt:

Unless you have a spot in line, go away and leave us be.

This is getting close to the end now, and I'll not have some random misanthrope come in here and shake the bees nest just for kicks.

YDNA ?? who dat

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    YDNA ?? who dat
    Andrew "Ydna" DuBuc

ZDS Paintball

He's pretty sharp, he'll do very well.

Bite me hero. I didn't say anything about anything, just that it was a funny post. I don't have a spot in line and I will post where I want....

Edit ................You have been warned before. Post where you want just not here for five days.
    Last edited by Beemer; 11-21-2008 at 05:12 AM.

Wow - I've been gone from Mags for awhile but this sweetness makes me want to jump back on the Magwagon. I have one question that I apologize for in advance if it has already been asked and answered. Do we have any idea of the efficiency with this frame? Roughly how many shots per fill? Thanks.

X

maybe 5-6 shots less than a regular mag frame just because the LPR takes some of that juice and uses it to operate the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    maybe 5-6 shots less than a regular mag frame just because the LPR takes some of that juice and uses it to operate the frame.
    Yup, what he said.

The frame uses almost no air.

Battery wise, you should get at least 15 cases out of one 9v.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Yup, what he said.

that sounds awesome. I hate having to go through batteries. My halo is awful. BUt 15 cases off of a 9v means I will probably used 1 battery per year or 2 lol

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    that sounds awesome. I hate having to go through batteries. My halo is awful. BUt 15 cases off of a 9v means I will probably used 1 battery per year or 2 lol
    I've been known to shoot 8 cases a day.

Yup, what he said.

Ok, got it. Thanks guys.

X

so any progress? [/buggery]

Sounds excellente. I haven't read through the entire topic but I'm basically understanding that once pre-ordered it'll be about 6-8 weeks, probably longer befoer the trigger arrives, correct? It's a wait but for the product, it sure seems worth it. And I figure I should be able to find a marker expert around to help me out.

Yes, right now it is looking like at least six weeks before the preorders ship. BUT, if ano takes longer than it should (like it seems to do on every project I do ), or if TAG hits a snag with the boards, or if there is a sudden shortage of every cocker LPR known to PB kind, then it could be longer.

You know how Murphy is, if I say six for sure, then it will be ten. If I say I don't know, at least I won't be wrong. I will do my best to rush things whenever I can, but I've got about as much pull as a rotten head of cabbage, so don't hold your breath for any miracles.

Laser Engraving Template Time!

Right click and save target as:

Arrggg! Here be that thar template. Yarrrrrr!

Its a PDF with a scale at the top so you can do a quick check to make sure your printer didn't scale it.

You can print it out, draw on it, and scan it to send back in, OR you can export the contents of the PDF as a JPG (its just a command in acrobat), and use Photoshop or Illustrator to whip up what you want.

Either way, send me back a JPG, PSD, or AI file that I can send along to the laser engraver when the time is right.

This is also a good time to confirm what color you want things to be. You can choose the color of:

Frame
    Trigger
    Vertical Adapter

And if you get the eye's installed by me:

Eye covers
    Rail

The LPR is gonna be black if you get it from me, unless you do some real sweet talking, and my wholesaler has your color of choice in stock.

No chrome, no nickel plate, and no gold/silver plating. Anodized colors only.

Info to send along with your completed engraving layout:

Name (that you ordered by, not your forum handle)
    Forum Handle
    Shipping address
    Package ordered
    Color Choices

Remember that the laser engraving is only going to look white/light gray, so you aren't going to want to make your base color silver or gray (unless you don't want the engraving to show).

That is all.

Go crazy guys.

laser engraving anywhere? or in the red? /have to change color from seksy silver to something else now lol

Quote Originally Posted by RTspag
    laser engraving anywhere? or in the red? /have to change color from seksy silver to something else now lol
    Right, I knew I forgot something.

Yes, engraving in the red areas only, and only on the side shown (there's stuff in the way on the other side).

Sorry I missed that, it was kind of important.

[QUOTE=CoolHand]No chrome, no nickel plate, and no gold/silver plating. Anodized colors only.

That'st not what I want to hear. Hopefully we can work out something.
    Dust Green X-Mag #315

ULE body w/ dual Kila V2 detents, X valve w/ LX, Y-grip w/ Dye grips, ULT, Omega rail, Stainless Steel Freak Kit.

My Feedback- https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165428

[QUOTE=Skywalker]

That'st not what I want to hear. Hopefully we can work out something.
    Well, Gloss Silver ano is pretty close to nickel plate color wise. Its more of a whitish color, where nickel is kinda yellowy. It won't be as hard of a shine, but it gets pretty close.

I don't have plater that I work with, and Jay's man is unreliable at best (though I hear he is very good at what he does).

I can talk to Palmers, but since they want upwards of $450 to do a marker, I'd bet that you're looking at near a hundred to do a frame alone.

Sorry bud, there are just some things I can't do.

http://www.paintballmontreal.com/php...g_0192_611.jpg

I hope that silver ano is close to chrome...

I'll send you info soon.

grip thread size question.

does it use 8-32 and 1/4" like dm4/5s? just noticed they weren't a rounded cap head in the pic and thought it may be different

Quote Originally Posted by Skoad
    grip thread size question.

does it use 8-32 and 1/4" like dm4/5s? just noticed they weren't a rounded cap head in the pic and thought it may be different
    Nope, #6-32 countersunk head cap screws.

Does this frame only work with the xvalve or...

Does this frame only work with the X-valve or can it also work with stock automags. I know it doesn't work with bodys with twist lock barrels but are there bodys that have powerfeeds that aren't twist lock?