Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Coolhand this is probably a dumb question, but would you be interested in doing a run of just the bare frames if you get these finished up? No electronics, no promise of support/electronics, just the raw machined aluminum and let everyone deal with there own electronics and assembly issues?

I know asking if you would ever sell more complete frames would probably get me not only told now, but to go "do something unspeakable" to myself, I just didn't know how you would feel about the basic metal.....

Quote Originally Posted by txaggie08
    Coolhand this is probably a dumb question, but would you be interested in doing a run of just the bare frames if you get these finished up? No electronics, no promise of support/electronics, just the raw machined aluminum and let everyone deal with there own electronics and assembly issues?

I know asking if you would ever sell more complete frames would probably get me not only told now, but to go "do something unspeakable" to myself, I just didn't know how you would feel about the basic metal.....
    I have ~8 of them left here now, unsold and bare.

When I get these preorders out, I will be offering those in kit form, just as you say: DIY/On Your Own

I could be persuaded to do a run of frames for someone to sell, but I cannot afford to front the money to stock them, so it would have to be a, "Distributor puts down a deposit and I make the frames which he then later sells at a profit" kind of deals.

I do the manufacturing, someone else does the customer service thing and bears the risk of stocking expensive components.

If someone wants to do that, I'm down.

Otherwise, I'm too broke and grumpy at the moment to pull it off.
    Last edited by CoolHand; 08-14-2009 at 06:23 PM.

K, simply curiosity.

**edit**

what would the kits run out of curiosity?
    Last edited by txaggie08; 08-14-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Ryan;

I sent you another PM,.... should have all the answers you are looking for.

~ P8nt

K, simply curiosity.

**edit**

what would the kits run out of curiosity?
    $450 raw, and shipped to your door (in the continental US).

Wow coolhand, I am sorry you are still having so many problems with this project. I now am sorry for talking so good about the chaos boards back in 2006, but I ran into the same problems as you, I couldn't get it to power any solenoid. I was even trying it with a small 5 or 6 volt solenoid and it didn't work. I still have the board, I might pull it out and try to play around with it again one of these days.

Best of luck with the rest of the project coolhand, I hope your luck turns around. If you was a little further south I could help you out in the job department, as we have had a few businesses open/opening around here as of late.

The noids manifold mounter in these right? Is it possible to still get the noid you meant to use? Curious, really considering grabbing one of the blank kits and building a mag before I jump on the evil-m project...

Also, that raw kits comes with a ASA or no?

The noids manifold mounter in these right? Is it possible to still get the noid you meant to use? Curious, really considering grabbing one of the blank kits and building a mag before I jump on the evil-m project...

Also, that raw kits comes with a ASA or no?
    Yes, the solenoids are manifold mount. I have enough solenoids to supply one with every kit I machined parts for, so if you buy a DIY kit, you get a solenoid with it.

All the kits come with an ASA as well.

awsome. If I can get back and get working in the next few eeks I'll be grabbing one.

Any updates on these?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by RFLMN1
    Any updates on these?

Jason
    Not really.

I had been waiting for YDNA to send back the rest of my wiring harness parts, but it looks like he's forgotten or lost them or something, so I'm done waiting.

Over the weekend I'm gonna pack up the stuff to go to Paintball4Me, and hopefully he will be able to get the boards and harnesses squared away.

That's all I've got.

Have a good weekend all.

If I wanted you to complete a whole marker for me (Drilling and placing eyes, dual detenting my ULE, ripper frame, etc) how much would it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns
    If I wanted you to complete a whole marker for me (Drilling and placing eyes, dual detenting my ULE, ripper frame, etc) how much would it cost?
    ~$975

However, I'm not going to take any more of these on until the first bunch are out in their owner's hands.

I'm not making this project more complex just as it appears to be winding down.

When I get everyone else's stuff delivered, then and only then, will I sell the rest of the kits.

Sorry man, but the existing customers gotta come first.

Understandable

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    ~$975

However, I'm not going to take any more of these on until the first bunch are out in their owner's hands.

I'm not making this project more complex just as it appears to be winding down.

When I get everyone else's stuff delivered, then and only then, will I sell the rest of the kits.

Sorry man, but the existing customers gotta come first.

Does this mean p8ntbal4me is making some progress ?

(and 975.00 is a great deal Carnage)

Quote Originally Posted by going_home

No, unfortunately, it doesn't, but that's not his fault, it's mine.

I've been thrashing on literally any work I can find to keep the bankers at bay, and I'd basically forgotten that I was the one everything was waiting on.

So, the box has been setting here waiting to go to P8nt's place since my last post.

I know, bone head maneuver, I fully admit to a rectal cranial inversion.

The label is printed, and I will send them happily on their way tomorrow or Wed at the latest.

It's my fault, no excuses, I just forgot.

Honestly, I pretty much feel like a tool on this one. I got so used to being at the mercy of other people in this thing and then I kinda stepped on my whiner when the ball finally landed back in my part of the court. Confidence inspiring, I know.

I'm sorry guys, and I will try to prevent a recurrence in the future.

Hang in there fellows. I am attempting to do right by you guys while not allowing the bankers to take my land, my shop, or my tools. It's shaping up to be quite a feat of juggling.

You've heard of "Just In Time" manufacturing right?

Well, I'm pioneering a new process called "Just In Time" financing, where you make the money just in time to keep the banker from foaming at the mouth.

Last month I got to hold onto the cash for like 25 minutes. That's nearly a 100% improvement over the month before.

If I can get through this whole deal without stiffing anyone, and while maintaining ownership of (or at least the right to sell) the great majority of my assets, even if I am totally busted when it's over, I will call it a win.

Thumbs up

You sir are truly a class act.

Wow Coolhand. I'm not involved in this order at all, and I'm impressed. Sorry it had to come down to that for you.

Oh, if it hasn't been mentioned before, i think I found out what YDNA is up to:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...urn-fep-6.html

See Post #57

Ryan;

Please clean out your inbox.

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Ryan;

Please clean out your inbox.

~ P8nt
    Done.

Don't know why the forum didn't notify me automatically when the box got full, it usually does.

Weird.

Anyway, it's cleaned out now.

If you need to get a hold of me you can also send an email to tech@logicpaintball.com

Talking

Nothing to report except that PB4Me has the boards and most of the other stuff that YDNA had. The rest is on its way back to me from YDNA, and I will forward it on when it arrives.

That's all that's happened.

Have a Happy Halloween.

Speaking of Halloween, someone should dress up like Jim Drew and visit Smart Parts World Headquarters with a Cease and Desist Order. Seems Jim patented the use of electrons passing through wires to do "stuff" way back in 1982, long before SP or paintball were even invented.

The ULTIMATE patent revenge!

Can you imagine the sheer terror and chaos that would cause?

It'd be like Nightmare on Elm Street, except in Pennsylvania.

Ryan;

Sent you a PM.

~ P8nt

PB4Me is working on the stuff.

He sent photographic proof so you all can at least see that something is happening:

Things are finally moving again.

That is all.

~

Ryan;

Sent you a PM.

~ P8nt

Straight from P8nt:

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Ryan;

My daughter slept a few moments tonight so I worked on the frame.

First,... I completed the upper board.

Second,... here is the picture of the micro switch I did last week.

Third,... I finished the capacitor and battery snap.

I dont have a 9volt around,.. so I will go to the store this week and grab one for testing the electrical.

I do have all the crimpings ready for the eyes and warp feed hookups.

Hope this update is good for the guys!

~ Jai

Hey Guys!

Ryan said I could give you some updates as I get them,... so why not another one the day after the last one!???

Here is a shot of the entire wire setup installed complete

Here is a shot of the top of the frame to show wires and the LPR hose (excuse the tape,.. helps hold the wires in for assembly)

Here is a closeup of the ram with the LRP hose installed and wire harness

Here is a picture of something completely added to the project. These are the eye connectors and warp feed connector (in the back) that will come pre-wired with ALL the frames!
    This is an added bonus,..

Here is a shot of the frame with the frame powered on and in semi!

And here is a shot of the frame with grips on (yes,.. the trigger has been removed,... but works just fine!)

I have to get some parts and my valve to test this out. I wont be able to do it this weekend,... so maybe next week!

~ P8nt

That's more progress in two weeks time than I got from others in damned near a year.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    That's more progress in two weeks time than I got from others in damned near a year.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Still gotta do all the other ones!

~ P8nt

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Great news!!!!!