Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    I guess what made me think satin the most was the closeup of the ShockTech foregrip, but its probably just the grade of aluminum its made from.
    I think it's the combination of the low light in the room, and the camera flash from less than three feet away. Not the best conditions for pictar taking.

I assure you they are a very light dust finish. Not huge coarse texture like some dust finishes you see, but you can certainly tell they've been media blasted.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    Would you be able to Intellifeed this? I'm guessing no due to the board being used, but it doesn't hurt to ask for others who may be interested.
    I've never wanted a ULE body more...
    I have never seen the sense in doing that.
    I have had an Empire B since they came out and have never tried it on anything, whether it was full auto or whatever, that could out shoot it. Thats why I dont bother with intellifeed or getting into all the hype of the new hoppers. Had one for years I cant out shoot, Egos, G7's, Emags with Xmod, Viking with Tadao, Empire B didnt chop paint in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    unless they changed it, predator boards had intellifeed ports
    how does the efficiency compare to a mechanical mag or devil mag?
    I cant see why it would be any worse than any other Xvalved mag.

Coolhand, I have a couple of questions about the eyes in these guns. I know you said that we have to arrange to have this done on our own, but:

Are you still including eye covers?

Are the eye sensors and wiring included?

Is the rail already milled to accept the wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    Coolhand, I have a couple of questions about the eyes in these guns. I know you said that we have to arrange to have this done on our own, but:

Are you still including eye covers?

Are the eye sensors and wiring included?

Is the rail already milled to accept the wiring?
    I have two (2) sets of ULE body covers that are going to be included with the first two complete markers. That means Going_Home and you (Darryl Kuny, right?) will be getting those. All the rest are on their own for eye covers (and since I'm refunding the price of their entire eye install, they're not getting screwed out of any money). It sucks, but it has to be done. I formally give my permission to any and all custom shops to entirely knock off my design for the eye covers. Someone out there will be able to build a set for you. Check with Destructive Customs, Elia PB, Tarantula PB, or maybe even WarpedMephisto over at Tinkering Tech ( http://tinkersguild.org/phpBB2/index.php ).

The eyes and wires with ends to attach to the board are included, but not assembled.

The rail will NOT be machined for wire clearance or to mount the eye covers.

All that stuff does is add to the delay in getting these things out the door. Plus, if I'm refunding the entire cost of doing the eye install, I don't want to undertake 85% of the work to do an eye install for free.

Sorry man, I had to draw the line somewhere, and I knew nobody would be happy about it regardless of where said line landed, so there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    I have two (2) sets of ULE body covers that are going to be included with the first two complete markers. That means Going_Home and you (Darryl Kuny, right?) will be getting those. All the rest are on their own for eye covers (and since I'm refunding the price of their entire eye install, they're not getting screwed out of any money). It sucks, but it has to be done. I formally give my permission to any and all custom shops to entirely knock off my design for the eye covers. Someone out there will be able to build a set for you. Check with Destructive Customs, Elia PB, Tarantula PB, or maybe even WarpedMephisto over at Tinkering Tech ( http://tinkersguild.org/phpBB2/index.php ).

The eyes and wires with ends to attach to the board are included, but not assembled.

The rail will NOT be machined for wire clearance or to mount the eye covers.

All that stuff does is add to the delay in getting these things out the door. Plus, if I'm refunding the entire cost of doing the eye install, I don't want to undertake 85% of the work to do an eye install for free.

Sorry man, I had to draw the line somewhere, and I knew nobody would be happy about it regardless of where said line landed, so there it is.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm really looking forward to this marker, and just wanted to know the extent of the eye install. DC asked me in an email what was left to finish, and I wasn't sure.

I have two (2) sets of ULE body covers that are going to be included with the first two complete markers. That means Going_Home and you (Darryl Kuny, right?) will be getting those. All the rest are on their own for eye covers...
    Shucks... looks like I'm the first loser in this line.

Any word on the rails yet?

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Christmas is over any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by manwe33
    Christmas is over any updates?
    Not really. I've been busy with my own stuff for last two or three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeWee
    Any word on the rails yet?
    The CNC code is done for the top side, but I still need to do the code for inverted side and the code to cut the soft jaws for the vise.

The CNC machine is back up and running correctly, I just need to flush out the basin and sump and then refill it with fresh coolant.

The superULE rails will not be done until after the frames have been delivered.

Hang in there, I'll get back on the assembly of the bolt-on frames right now.

awesome man. Kinda sad that i didnt stick with this and trick it out

Not gonna lie, me too.

kinda...

I was never big on long-term investments

Keep up the good work Ryan.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    now that we've been offline for a while, any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Smurf
    now that we've been offline for a while, any updates?
    Not a lot to report, the last time I worked on things I actually found that I'd gone backwards a step instead of making progress.

When I put the power and LED feed wires on the tiny little daughter boards, I made them all too short. What brain deadness on my part caused this, I do not know, but I am working my way back through them, replacing the too short leads with longer ones.

Sorry for the crap up guys, I have no idea why I ended up cutting all those leads like 2" too short. At least I caught it before I had a bunch of the little boards installed in their frames (they're a bugger to get in there).

I worked out in the shop today, so no progress on this front to report yet this weekend.

Hang tight fellas, I'm gonna hit 'em again tomorrow.

MUCH to report tonight!

I drug out all the stuff and made a major push to get these Bolt-On frames out the door.

Pictures of today's progress:

I'm still not done with replacing all the short wired daughter boards, but the drudgery of soldering a single wire over and over was getting to me (and thusly I wasn't getting them done), so I decided to just concentrate on the bolt-on's parts and get them buttoned up.

This is a shot of the wire replacement process, you can just make out the empty hole in the board where the new wire goes.

When I got those six daughter cards done, I decided to focus on one frame and just get it done, then move on to the next, and so on until I run out of parts.

The next step was putting leads on the solenoid.

Then came assembling the battery harness and cutting the capacitor into it, but I forgot to take a picture of that. After that I put the LPR on the VA and set it aside. Then I installed the daughter board into the frame and finished the assembly of the electronics.

Here's the frame will all the electronic parts assembled and hanging out.

After that I put the LP air hose in and started tidying up the wiring so the grips would go on.

And then I put the grips on it. If I had gotten it programmed, this frame would now be ready to ship, but I didn't get that far, so it's not (but it's damned close, I'll get it tomorrow).

Things are moving again guys, don't give up on me yet.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    How many are there still to be done?

In case you didn't catch it, that frame is finished and ready for programming.

That means one (1) down, and five (5) to go.

I probably won't get them all done this weekend, but any progress is better than none at all.

Bolt-On guys, be on the lookout for an email from me confirming your shipping address in the coming days. Probably just two or three of you next week, but the rest the following week (unless something goes pear shaped on me, cross your nuts).

So if you have my whole marker It'll be done after the"bolt on" guys?

How many are there still to be done?
    Four more bolt-on's, and a complete marker from the first ano batch. I should have them done and ready to ship in one or two more weekends. If I can get two more frames done tomorrow, I can do it in one more weekend for sure. We shall see how it goes in the AM.

After those, there are seven more markers to be done one or two at a time.

Those will go a little slower from having to gather parts and ano them individually.

So if you have my whole marker It'll be done after the"bolt on" guys?
    Are you the one with the Karta, Shocktech Gas Thru, and SubZero feed neck?

If so, your marker will be assembled with these bolt-ons because it went to ano with them.

Are you the one with the Karta, Shocktech Gas Thru, and SubZero feed neck?

If so, your marker will be assembled with these bolt-ons because it went to ano with them.
    THATS ME!

This is awesome!

I cant wait to have this thing for Tunaball.

~ P8nt

Short update to let you all know where we stand.

A buddy needed help on Sunday, so I got bumpkis done on this project. Sorry, it was one of those "out of left field" kinda deals.

Today is my birthday, so I'm playing hookie, but tomorrow night I'm back on them (like a fat kid on a twinkie).

Hang in there guys, the bannana man wouldn't fail you.

happy birthday!

happy birthday!
    Thank you.

Had Prime Rib for dinner tonight with my folks. Not bad at all.

I'll get back on these things tomorrow night.

Sorry for the delays, I've had so much to do (some of it even fun) that it's been an uphill battle to set aside time to work on them.

I will be spending this coming weekend on them as well. Hopefully I can make the push to get this portion of the preorders filled. That'd put us at nearly 50% done, which is a lot better than I was doing last year at this time.

It would be nice to have all of them delivered before warm weather gets here in earnest, but that's going to depend a lot on how well anodizing goes and how often AGD is out of stock on important parts.

Well, waddya know? I actually got something done when I said I would. HA!

Here's the assembly pics for the second bolt-on UEF frame.

Pile-O-Parts:

Getting started on the harness install (forgot to take pictures of the harness soldering and assembly, sorry):

Getting some more guts in there:

AO is being retarded and making me split this post because of all the pics.

Continued below . . . . .

Here's four more.

And more guts still:

This concludes the guts:

Now this frame is finished:

Continued again below . . . .

And here's a couple just for the one or two of you wondering if I just took pictures of the other one again (that'd be awful of me):

Hopefully I will be posting with another one added to the group tomorrow night about this time.

That is all.

w00t w00t!

Ohh man, I can already SMELL mine

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Nice to see some of these coming so close to being done.
    Question? Can we send you a different LPR or just change it when we get it?
    I kinda wanted to go with AKA LPR
    or do u think it will make a difference?