Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

zackzel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Since the boards were MIA I was holding off until I had the rail machining finished. That way it can go all at once.
    That makes sense. Let me know how the karta milling comes out.

anything new?

Anything new with the boards?

estimated delivery ?

Ryan do you think we will get our stuff before you start your full time job ?
    I ordered an xvalve blue complete marker and two mech mag frames.
    I sent a 15 degree asa and a dye ultralite back and two tips to be anno'd
    with the marker parts.

Thanks
    going_home

"I Find You Illogical"

how many frames do you have left and what colors? I belive I might get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    how many frames do you have left and what colors? I belive I might get one.
    There aren't any left, though I think one guy might be trying to sell his spot in line.

Home - I started my new job in December. The biggest delay right now is TAG and their total info blackout on when/if the boards will be done. Everything else is secondary, without a board to run it, the thing is useless. I have spoken with Vaporworks, but the boards they have are a little too big, and a firmware rewrite (to include all the cool modes) looks to be expensive at best. Basically, it's set and wait on TAG time. I will politely prod them as often as I dare, but past that there isn't much I can do.

That said, if it goes too much longer (as in "it's starting to look like they won't do them at all"), I will figure something else out.

I won't leave you all swingin in the breeze.

There aren't any left, though I think one guy might be trying to sell his spot in line.

Home - I started my new job in December. The biggest delay right now is TAG and their total info blackout on when/if the boards will be done. Everything else is secondary, without a board to run it, the thing is useless. I have spoken with Vaporworks, but the boards they have are a little too big, and a firmware rewrite (to include all the cool modes) looks to be expensive at best. Basically, it's set and wait on TAG time. I will politely prod them as often as I dare, but past that there isn't much I can do.

That said, if it goes too much longer (as in "it's starting to look like they won't do them at all"), I will figure something else out.

I won't leave you all swingin in the breeze.
    Well congratulations on selling all your frames, thats gota make you feel pretty good. I knew that when I finaly got the money to buy one of your frames they would be sold out. Oh well, if anyone does want to sell their spot inline for a frame and not a complete gun let me know by PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Well congratulations on selling all your frames, thats gota make you feel pretty good. I knew that when I finaly got the money to buy one of your frames they would be sold out. Oh well, if anyone does want to sell their spot inline for a frame and not a complete gun let me know by PM's.
    Well, I did feel good. . . . . . . . for about 20 minutes.

Then I realized that I now had ~25 people who had invested a big chunk of change on, waiting on me to build their frames (and I am in turn waiting on TAG to build and sell me the damned boards).

And so the circle of stress begins. Stress for me because I am the man with the plan, and the ultimate responsible party if things go sour, and stress for the customers because they now have to play the waiting game.

However, at least this time, they were fully aware of the wait before they bought into it.

I think that most people are aware of the rep that TAG has been getting on this forum and that they should understand the situation you are in and not hold it against you.

Ex.- Delays in the Emag board and the DIY Predator boards.

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    I think that most people are aware of the rep that TAG has been getting on this forum and that they should understand the situation you are in and not hold it against you.

Ex.- Delays in the Emag board and the DIY Predator boards.
    I agree, as long as you keep posting here from time to time and dont run off to the bahamas I am sure people wont get to irate with you.

If I have a morlock, do you think you could rig mine to work untill the real boards come in?
    embargo backwards = o grab me

"Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do." -Larry The Cable Guy

Dragun Drallion, nexus kit, tickler, e2, pysco 5" drop w/ on off, macroline, A+ bolt and back block, Oydessy 3 barrel kit, armson stealth, 15* ASA, Kapp pump arm, Black Magic, warp feed w/ 12v upgrade, halo b w/ vic&rip, 91/4500 bulldog

Tippmann 98C ebolt, lp kit, m-16 kit, palmer stabilizer

Then I realized that I now had ~25 people who had invested a big chunk of change on, waiting on me to build their frames (and I am in turn waiting on TAG to build and sell me the damned boards).

And so the circle of stress begins. Stress for me because I am the man with the plan, and the ultimate responsible party if things go sour, and stress for the customers because they now have to play the waiting game.

However, at least this time, they were fully aware of the wait before they bought into it.
    Don't stress out too much. We ALL knew to expect a wait when we paid money up front, and it was made very clear that we would have to wait. I paid expecting a top notch product and i don't have any doubts that I will recieve one. You've done all that you can on your end, so these delays arn't your fault at all.

Point being, you made sure to tell us that there would be a wait before we paid and we paid knowing what we were getting into. So don't worry so much and keep feeling good

I know some guys have bought Morlocks from KM2 and sent them to tag to get the Predator code flashed on them. I was wondering if that could be an option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I know some guys have bought Morlocks from KM2 and sent them to tag to get the Predator code flashed on them. I was wondering if that could be an option for you.
    Well, I was looking into this, but Bob told me yesterday that the boards I wanted are getting close.

If I don't see them in two weeks, that is what I will do.

do you know if the tag boards were supposed to have the 10.0 code on them?

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    do you know if the tag boards were supposed to have the 10.0 code on them?
    I sure hope so. They are supposed to ship with the latest code TAG is shipping.

At this point, I'm more worried about getting boards. Once we have the boards, THEN I'll worry about what code is one them.

I sure hope so. They are supposed to ship with the latest code TAG is shipping.

At this point, I'm more worried about getting boards. Once we have the boards, THEN I'll worry about what code is one them.
    yeah well there is not much we can do, so try to think about something else

Hey Coolhand -

am I able to buy an empty "ripper" frame and the front verticle adapter with the front spot for the low pressure reg?

Need it for another project. Black. Thanks. Email or PM me if possible.

Could you use the NME Predator boards? People seem to be using those as the DIY boards currently. Is there anything else you could use? Would a Tadao work? They're made for e-pneu guns.

http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
    I've heard good things about them...better than TAG.

But what I do I do because I like to do.

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tipp-ed off
    But can the Tadao board be setup to run the mag?
    Would it cost the end user more than the buying of a Pred Board?

I think the entire reason why Ryan ( and so many other do it yourself'ers ) Chose The Predator Board was because of it's universal nature.

I don't know enough about Tadao to make the same statement, so maybe someone else will post?

That's debatable.

However, the biggest problem is not function but size.

Anything bigger than a mini-morlock will not even fit, regardless of function, code, etc.

I've got a couple of options open to me at this point, but I have to weigh them carefully.

Option1: Wait on TAG. At this point, I have no idea when the boards will be done. They said two weeks, two weeks ago. No word yet, etc, etc, etc.

Option2: Jump ship to KM2 and Curt. He has 15 MiniMorlocks waiting on me right now, with 15 more in about a month and a half. Upside? They exist, and will work just fine. Downside? No predator code. They have the stock KM2 code, which is totally usable, but not as whiz bang. Can be flashed with the Predator code, but TAG will charge you $20 to do it.

Option3: Jump ship to an unspecified (as in, I don't have one located yet) third party. No guarantee of code, and no guarantee of longevity.

What do you all say? Need some opinions here folks.

Automaggot68 Guest
    I'm willing to wait.
    I want the AFA codes.

Well I wish I had saved the email to show you guys, but I emailed Tadao asking if they have an open based board that is universal, or a board that could be used in a mag type platform and they said not at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by stonersr26
    Well I wish I had saved the email to show you guys, but I emailed Tadao asking if they have an open based board that is universal, or a board that could be used in a mag type platform and they said not at this time.
    It's not like I haven't been down that road before. I talked to Will at Tadao, and he had nothing that would fit. I talked with Goldie at Vaporworks, but all their boards are too big/wrong form factor for what I am doing (IE same story as Tadao). Plus they don't currently have AFA type firmware (which means $$ if I wanted him to write it for me). Basically, those two are non-starters. Not their fault, I kinda painted myself into a corner because of the space constraints I had to work under.

The frames were designed to accept a specific board, and there really isn't much room to spare at all.

It has to be roughly the size of a Mini-Morlock (or smaller), and use a hard on/off switch that is remotely mounted.

That right there knocks out the NME and other similar DIY boards (not to mention that TAG told me they were out of NME boards anyway, AND they are nearly a full inch too long).

I've been over all the options, and the three presented are the only ones available right now.

Short of a miracle, or a speedy climax to Curt's new Micro-Morlock (which will still not have the TAG code), they are the only choices we have.

i think ill wait until i get my tax return then scoop up one of these hopefully youll have the issue resolved by then

Short of a miracle, or a speedy climax to Curt's new Micro-Morlock (which will still not have the TAG code), they are the only choices we have.
    I saw curt's post at the tinkers guild talking about the new micromorlock, he said he still had some changes to make, but the prototype his got now is smaller then a dime! 16.5mm tall and 11.7mm wide. Thats simply amazing! That could be mounted in a ule'd portion of the rail!

Tag Predator boards

I'll be honest with you, all this stuff about codes makes my head swim.
    I just bought an 06 Ego and I am going to have to take it to a tech
    to get it ramped up. I cant figure it out, even with the directions.

So Ryan you do whatever you feel to do on the boards, just have mine
    all set to shoot ropes before you ship it because I doubt if I can figure it out.

Any way you can go ahead and ship the two mech mag frames I bought ahead
    of the full marker ?

Anyways, theres my opinion, do what you feel to do on the boards.
    Whats 2 or 4 more weeks anyway ?

That's debatable.

However, the biggest problem is not function but size.

Anything bigger than a mini-morlock will not even fit, regardless of function, code, etc.

I've got a couple of options open to me at this point, but I have to weigh them carefully.

Option1: Wait on TAG. At this point, I have no idea when the boards will be done. They said two weeks, two weeks ago. No word yet, etc, etc, etc.

Option2: Jump ship to KM2 and Curt. He has 15 MiniMorlocks waiting on me right now, with 15 more in about a month and a half. Upside? They exist, and will work just fine. Downside? No predator code. They have the stock KM2 code, which is totally usable, but not as whiz bang. Can be flashed with the Predator code, but TAG will charge you $20 to do it.

Option3: Jump ship to an unspecified (as in, I don't have one located yet) third party. No guarantee of code, and no guarantee of longevity.

What do you all say? Need some opinions here folks.
    Can you not just buy the predator programmer and flash them all yourself? Or is that against the rules? if that can't happen, 20$ seems to be a small price to pay. What advantages would the tag boards have over the minimorlock with flashed predator code?