Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

now that i read back that there's an LPR sticking out... just how many foregrip options are we left with?

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    WOW... damn **** frickin WOW. Oh boy.. yeah that's really nice. wow. yikes... alright couple questions...

1. i noticed the integrated dovetail.. so i could just slide my asa on (i have a hybrid grind) but how in the HELL do I tighten it? Usually, if you have a rail or mini drop there's 2 small allen head screws that tighten against the inner wall of the rail/drop and flex it tight against the dovetail.

how do you tighten an asa onto it?

There are six bottom line screw holes. You run a couple of tiny set screws into those holes from the top and they jam the ASA onto the dovetail. You gotta open the grips to take it off, but it gives a very clean look on the outside.

2. my current setup is mounted on an 05 Karta rail.. I use 2 different setups for a foregrip.

a) an RPG 15* asa w/ flat rail adapter with a gas-thru grip

b) a battery pack with a special adapter that allows it to be mounted as a foregrip on most mag setups.

I'm just wondering if either of these will fit with the huge trigger guard.. or are we now limited to a straight regular foregrip due to lack of space?

Nope, you gotta use the ASA I provide, or modify yours to function in the same way (that just means drill and tap another hole in the front to mount the LPR). You MUST run a gas thru setup with this frame. The RPG 15deg ASA could be modified to work, but the battery pack cannot. Any regular screw in gas thru grip will work with our new VA.

anyways, WOW.. I love the look of that. imho the snatch grip part of the frame could use some aesthetic milling but dang... nice frame bro. you make nice stuff. I can't wait to get mine. those grips also look HOT.

Replies in red.

I left those flats for the guys to get their laser engraving done on.

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    I know, I just get impatient having to take the allen key out and put it back in every turn. I wish I could just keep turning it. A slot would make that possible. But yes, that extra process would jack the cost up.
    Ball end keys will let you angle the key to miss the guard, and still be able to spin it all the way around.

I'm serious, invest in a set, it will be the best $8 you ever spent on paintball.

well that was depressing... oh well, off to the custom drawing board to try and find a setup that looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Ball end keys will let you angle the key to miss the guard, and still be able to spin it all the way around.

I'm serious, invest in a set, it will be the best $8 you ever spent on paintball.

Cool, kinda like a ratchet? I need these. I didn't even know such a thing existed, thank you!

well that was depressing... oh well, off to the custom drawing board to try and find a setup that looks good.
    What are you talking about?

I can modify your RPG ASA to take the LPR with about 30 mins worth of work.

Or, you can use any reg that can reliably supply 75 psi, and make it fit any way you want to.

You could use a T fitting, and run a vert reg into the VA, and side tap a barb off of it to run the frame. Or you can T off of the valve, stick an LPR on there, and just sneak the hose under one edge of the grips. Or you can make up a custom bottom plate for your battery pack and put the LPR inside of it. The possibilities are endless, it just depends on how much $$$ you want to spend, and how much time you are willing to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Cool, kinda like a ratchet? I need these. I didn't even know such a thing existed, thank you!
    Not exactly. These are the ones I use:

By the end being ball shaped, they allow the key to engage the screw socket at an angle less than 90 degrees. What this means is that you can still spin the key all the way around like you would if you could get to the top of the screw, but you can also angle the key around things that are in the way.

See what I mean? Best $8 you will ever spend.

DC could certainly do it (they are quite capable machinists), but once again, I don't know if they have done any Mags in the past, or if they want to do any now. They do a lot of machine work on Vikings and the like, which I imagine is much more profitable (and less labor intensive) than this sort of thing.
    I just taklked to jared he said they won't be taking anything till at least the fall

hm, I might just have to send you my RPG 15* when I get it.

We're rolling now.

I'm going to pick up the first 25 frames tomorrow, and the other innards should be getting here mid next week from the other machinists.

This means I could have a vid up in as little as a week or two.

Rock and Friggin Roll!

I also have good news for the eye install guys (the guys wanting me to install the eyes for them that is). I have devised a snifty set of covers and a rail mod that will let them mount solidly, while also making your rail lighter.

So, here is what I am thinking. If you buy the frame, and you want me to install the eyes, you will get:

Body drilled for eyes
    Eye Covers
    ULE Rail Milling
    Cosmetic Rail Milling
    Reano of the rail and covers (your choice of solid colors)

No price for that yet, but I won't be too long getting one together.

Its all coming together, all that is left, is for you guys to buy the durned things.

Buy them! Buy them I say!

Here's a pic of the other side, which I posted in PB talk (might as well post it here too):

so like.. do we get DM5 grips WITH the frame? It's exciting..

btw do you know if DW's CF foregrips are gas-thru? I am either going to use one of those or a shocktech gas-thru.

so like.. do we get DM5 grips WITH the frame? It's exciting..

btw do you know if DW's CF foregrips are gas-thru? I am either going to use one of those or a shocktech gas-thru.
    Yes, black DM5 grips will come with every frame.

I am not sure it DW's foregrip is gas thru, but I know for a fact that it does not just screw into an ASA. You'd have to mod it to take the LPR.

The Shocktech should work fine though.

OK, got some details ironed out.

Detail #1 - I will be doing the eye installs. I've got a system laid out that makes it go much faster.
    Here is what you get with the eye install:

• ULE body machined to accept eyes

• Aluminum Eye Covers (ano'ed to match rail color)

• ULE and Eye Clearance rail milling (rail reanodized afterwards)

Detail #2 - I have shored up pricing for whole markers.

Option #1 - Just the frame, ASA, and LPR - $450
    Option #2 - Frame, ASA, LPR, Eyes installed, rail machined, eye covers included, all ano matched. (You provide the ULE body, rail, foregrip, valve, and sear assembly.) - $565
    Option #3 - Whole marker. (You supply the $$$$, I supply a bad *** marker.) - $950

Now some news:

Still waiting on a few parts before I can shoot the vids.

Boards from TAG will be the major hang-up (or at least that is how it is looking ATM) as far as getting the production markers done.

lostrock Guest
    as far as the eyes will it be a problem on a warp left body.

Quote Originally Posted by lostrock
    as far as the eyes will it be a problem on a warp left body.
    Yes.

Those prices and covers are only applicable to vert feed ULE bodies on RTP or EMag rails.

Anything else is custom, and will cost more/use different parts.

For the warp, you can pretty much count on getting an EBlade cover, or some other type of cover that goes all the way over the top.

You can't have everything.

FYI, there is about 1.25" of height difference between a warp body, and a vert with a warp adapter, but it is about 10 times easier to install eyes and covers on the vert feed body (plus you retain the ability to use your hopper without a warp, should you have trouble).

Why no classic rails? I would like to use my Omega rail if that is at all possible. In addition, I hope my 15* ASA isn't a problem either.

Also, when you have a chance, can you put up a pic of the eye covers?
    Dust Green X-Mag #315

ULE body w/ dual Kila V2 detents, X valve w/ LX, Y-grip w/ Dye grips, ULT, Omega rail, Stainless Steel Freak Kit.

My Feedback- https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165428

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Why no classic rails? I would like to use my Omega rail if that is at all possible. In addition, I hope my 15* ASA isn't a problem either.

Also, when you have a chance, can you put up a pic of the eye covers?
    I have been over this many times now. Go take a look at the pics I posted and see if you can puzzle it out. (HINT: The RTP rail is over an inch longer than a classic rail)

I can modify your 15 deg to work. The VA that will come with the frame is straight thought, and I do not have plans to build a 15 deg.

I will post pics of the eye covers when I get them cut. I'm working on the CNC code right now.

coolhand
    i already have a pred board in a e mag, and a lpr. what would i need to complete a frame
    i use a qloader and lv10 so i dont need eyes. thanks for your reply in adv.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi
    coolhand
    i already have a pred board in a e mag, and a lpr. what would i need to complete a frame
    i use a qloader and lv10 so i dont need eyes. thanks for your reply in adv.
    Everything but the LPR.

If you want to buy one sans-a-board, and do the assembly yourself, you can do that, I guess, but there will be no (zero, none, zip, zilch, nada) tech support for the install. I cannot spend a great huge amount of time dealing with board install problems, or frame malfuntions caused by installation errors or initial set-up errors.

So, you gotta ask yourself how much tech support and all that is worth to you. If your answer is less than $125 (the discount to buy a frame without a board or LPR), then by all means go for it.

I will have a minimum charge of $150 to redo a botched install, plus the cost of any parts that don't survive the first try.

And you all wonder why no one builds Mag parts anymore . . . . . . . . . . .

The actuator bodies came in today.

That leaves just the triggers MIA now. Once they show up, I can have this bad boy up and running.

The ASA's are not 100% done either, but I think I can finish one up myself for this video marker.

Hopefully next week I'll have some video to post up.

question about your asa's .. do they work with any rail? curious because rogue's asa's have a certain flat rail adapter that is required for some rails.

Automaggot68 Guest
    I have been over this many times now. Go take a look at the pics I posted and see if you can puzzle it out. (HINT: The RTP rail is over an inch longer than a classic rail)

I can modify your 15 deg to work. The VA that will come with the frame is straight thought, and I do not have plans to build a 15 deg.

I will post pics of the eye covers when I get them cut. I'm working on the CNC code right now.

What about Eye Covers for Mag Bodies such as Dallaras?
    I hope you recall our AIM conversation about my mag?
    If not, PM me.

question about your asa's .. do they work with any rail? curious because rogue's asa's have a certain flat rail adapter that is required for some rails.
    The ASA's are flat on top, and have the two #10-32 screw holes set 0.5" apart to fit an RTP bracket, an RTP rail, EMag rail, or anything with a slot up front. I suppose that they would go on a classic rail too, but that would of course be neglecting the fact that the trigger guard is so big that you can't use the foregrip mounting hole on a classic rail (and thusly, why this frame doesn't work so well with a classic rail).

Derek - I know you shoot a Dallara, and I am very sorry, but I haven't found a 100% beautiful solution for your eye covers yet. I have to shoot for the majority of folks here with the production stuff. I have no problem doing something custom for your marker, but I don't think I'll be able to figure it out without the body and rail here to futz with and measure and such. When it gets closer, I will get you to send it down.

As it sets, the eye covers will work with EMag, RTP, and Karta rails, as well as anything that Rogue makes that is on the RTP platform, and has flat spots under the ball detents (or has enough meat for me to make flat spots under the detents).

heheh, awesome. when the snow falls I'll send you my gun for eye install.

Automaggot68 Guest
    T]
    Derek - I know you shoot a Dallara, and I am very sorry, but I haven't found a 100% beautiful solution for your eye covers yet. I have to shoot for the majority of folks here with the production stuff. I have no problem doing something custom for your marker, but I don't think I'll be able to figure it out without the body and rail here to futz with and measure and such. When it gets closer, I will get you to send it down.
    Awesome, thanks Ryan.
    Just lemme know, and it'll be on its way to you.
    If we can't do anything about then...Compound covers are fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    Awesome, thanks Ryan.
    Just lemme know, and it'll be on its way to you.
    If we can't do anything about then...Compound covers are fine for me.
    Yeah, but I can't stand the epoxy eyes.

We'll get you something figured out.

Is it possible to get one with out any electronics? I really like how the frame looks but do not want an electro

Quote Originally Posted by DiSoRdeR
    Is it possible to get one with out any electronics? I really like how the frame looks but do not want an electro
    I am pretty sure he is making a mechanical frame that looks alot like this one.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    I am pretty sure he is making a mechanical frame that looks alot like this one.
    Exactly.

They are being machined as I type. Should see production parts in about a month, maybe a little longer if they hit a snag.

They will look nearly identical, but they will have a safety and the trigger stops from the vert frames. They will also take regular .45 grips instead of these high dollar DM5 grips.