Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

PMd ya

But what I do I do because I like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tipp-ed off
    PMd ya
    Replied.

Sorry it took me so long, I read it when it first arrived, but forgot to send you a reply.

It's packed up and should be going out in a day or two.

For everyone else, still no word from YDNA.

At this point, there is no telling what is actually going on. Whatever it turns out to be, I'll post it up, and I will not be astonished in the least, even if it turns out he was abducted by aliens.

Last edited by CoolHand; 04-20-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Finally heard back from YDNA:

Quote Originally Posted by Email from YDNA
    Sorry man, I think I lost track of time. I have the parts right here in front of me but I don't have my documentation with me right now...I will take the box home with me and finish working on it there.
    Junk has just piled up on me pretty bad these past couple weeks, I had to take some time off, pretty much not accepting any new work right now until I get your project finished and out the door.
    Drop me another e-mail in a few days to remind me in case I forget again...
    At least he's honest about it.

Got another update from YDNA this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Email from YDNA
    I dunno man, I've hit a bad roadblock with these things. I've come up
    with two separate circuits that I put together to test using the
    components I selected, but neither of them are getting any clicks from
    the solenoids. The adapter runs just about all the other solenoids I've
    tested out but these 12v ones still aren't giving me anything..

I'm confused about this because these solenoids probably *shouldn't*
    work with a regular 9 volt batt, but they do indeed work just fine with
    a morlock board. And the components I sourced are even beefier than the
    ones on morlocks. I've tried contacting Curt to see if he has any
    insight but no response thus far. I don't know what's different between
    these setups but there's some little keystone factor that I seem to be
    missing.

I have on order a couple of the transistors and diodes that the morlock
    uses, which I want to experiment with and see if I can get these
    solenoids to respond with them. If they work then we're still
    good...assembling the adapter boards will be a little more
    time-consuming for those smaller components, but still doable. I just
    hope they work in the first place, cause if not then we'll be in trouble.

I don't suppose it would be even remotely possible to source a smaller
    coil from numatics for exchange? I'm thinking of the worst case
    situation and how to get these working in that event. But I don't know
    if they even make any 5-7 volt solenoids at all, let alone in this series..
    Nothing is ever as easy as it should be. . . . . . .

I'm already looking for new solenoids to fit the existing manifolds.

Sorry the news ain't better.

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Just Checking in and see if anything new has happened!

Quote Originally Posted by manwe33
    YDNA is at a dead end with the Chaos boards.

I have found a new solenoid with a smaller coil which the board is supposed to be able to shift.

I'll be sending it to him in the next day or two, and we'll see where it goes from there.

When I know more, I'll post it here ASAP.

I'm sorry this has dragged on for so long, but at this point, did you really expect it to go otherwise?

When it comes to this project, I've come to expect the worst, and plan for the inconceivable, 'cause it seems not matter how bad I expect the news to be, it's worse.

I may get ahead of it yet though, hang in there.

Well, YDNA has had some success with the new solenoids, but he's still not done yet.

Now I only need to find ~$875 to buy new solenoids with.

I also have eye covers here that were done by a machinist that works with Paintball4Me.

They look good, but I haven't measured them yet (no reason to suspect they're wrong, I just want to be sure, given my luck on this project thus far).

I will be including a set of them with every marker and frame kit. Raw, but I don't dare risk sending them to ano, for fear that they either won't return, or they'll take a year to be finished.

When I get some pics of them taken, I'll post them here.

Until then, that's all I've got. Hope that's enough.

Have a good 4th of July everyone.

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Well, YDNA has had some success with the new solenoids, but he's still not done yet.

Now I only need to find ~$875 to buy new solenoids with.

I also have eye covers here that were done by a machinist that works with Paintball4Me.

They look good, but I haven't measured them yet (no reason to suspect they're wrong, I just want to be sure, given my luck on this project thus far).

I will be including a set of them with every marker and frame kit. Raw, but I don't dare risk sending them to ano, for fear that they either won't return, or they'll take a year to be finished.

When I get some pics of them taken, I'll post them here.

Until then, that's all I've got. Hope that's enough.

Have a good 4th of July everyone.

Great news. So your back on doing the eye covers. I like the sound of that

Great news. So your back on doing the eye covers. I like the sound of that
    Any news on the Super ULE rails?

Question Word

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    If I had anything to tell you, I'd post it up, but I haven't heard back from YDNA.

I poked him a couple of days ago, but I haven't heard back yet.

Sorry, no dice.

When I hear back from him, you all will be the first to know.

Ouch, that's a heavy price.. To bad they still aren't ready.. I'll wait for you to sell a bunch and for the price to come down

Also the trigger runs on a bit after you stop, that's an issue I would like to see addressed before I'd get one.. 'Sorry I shot you 12 times man, my marker doesn't stop shooting till it wants to.. I have no control" hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by Tym
    Ouch, that's a heavy price.. To bad they still aren't ready.. I'll wait for you to sell a bunch and for the price to come down

Also the trigger runs on a bit after you stop, that's an issue I would like to see addressed before I'd get one.. 'Sorry I shot you 12 times man, my marker doesn't stop shooting till it wants to.. I have no control" hehe..
    Seriously?

You post to bag on a project that's going as ****tily as this one is, posing as a potential customer?

Go away.

To the guys stuck in this thing with me - I have been unable to raise YDNA for a month or better now. I do not know what is going on. Hopefully he is just busy. If he hoses me too, I'm not sure where we'll go from there.

If/When I hear from him, I will post it here.

Thats nothing to do with the trigger,.... its the code that TAG was famous for.

IE: adding shots you didnt actually pull the trigger for.

Ryan said it was in PSP ramp,... and he said it was in "hard ramp".

That means in TAG code ----> 15BPS from the minimum trigger pulls (3),.. then 15bps from then there out (which is what he was pulling),... then adding shots (bank 14 in the code),.... then an ultra low debounce setting (anything less than 5 adds 5 shots on TAG code)

Taken right from the manual,........ minus the "this is cheater code" part

~ P8nt

Coolhand, it looks like you've had all the luck of a two legged, one eyed dog named Joab wiht this project.

And before anyone says it or anyone gets titchy, that wasn't a knock on coolhand. Something tells me if I was going to trash him, he wouldn't have been the first and only machinist I discussed custom milling my evil-m with at length. I don't have a place inline, though I wish I could afford to buy one and have one of his frames. He and I have had words in the past, but I like the guy from my dealings with him, I like his products, and was just offering some levity in the thread.
    Last edited by txaggie08; 08-13-2009 at 05:36 PM.

To the guys stuck in this thing with me - I have been unable to raise YDNA for a month or better now. I do not know what is going on. Hopefully he is just busy. If he hoses me too, I'm not sure where we'll go from there.

He's incredibly busy designing the new Quest for FEP's comeback. Here's what he's got so far:

Quote Originally Posted by txaggie08
    Coolhand, it looks like you've had all the luck of a two legged, one eyed dog named Joab wiht this project.

And before anyone says it or anyone gets titchy, that wasn't a knock on coolhand. Something tells me if I was going to trash him, he wouldn't have been the first and only machinist I discussed custom milling my evil-m with at length. I don't have a place inline, though I wish I could afford to buy one and have one of his frames. He and I have had words in the past, but I like the guy from my dealings with him, I like his products, and was just offering some levity in the thread.
    Right you are on that one, I have had crap luck on this one.

If nothing else, it has taught me this: If it cannot be done in-house, it cannot be counted on to get done at all.

Warbeak - Hmmmmmmm. . . . .

That frame looks awful familiar, doesn't it? That might explain why he's not talking to me anymore. I wonder if I can find anyone else to work on these boards that can screw me as well?

I hate this industry, I really do.

I hope the whole thing drowns in Chinese junk, preferably sooner rather than later.

Hey Ryan, Im not sure if I have asked you this, but have you tried to get the noids to work with a Scenario Dreams UTB board? They seem pretty versatile .

I'd give you whatever help I can when I get back to the states. how much souldering has to be done and what is it on? I can do wiring cleanly and pretty quickly(and would be willing to work in exchange for a break on design work for milling) but I'm not setup to do work on actual PCB's at this point.

Lemme know if you need help with wiring harnesses or something, I'll be back in the states in a little over a month from today.

I'm curious about the UTB as well. if it's wiring mess, I'm pretty sure we could kick a harness up that's pretty clean.

Andy has my EM Ripper frame, my Devil Mag frame, a morlock board, and an Ego frame.

He said he sent it in the mail,... but of course he didnt insure it for the $1,000 I did when I sent it all to him.

,.. and it hasnt ever shown up @ my door.

Good Luck Ryan

Not insuring packages is bad business, especially for that kind of money, whether it's the fourteen year old PBN kiddie or a proper business. 5$ saves you your reputation and the customer hundreds of $$$$

I've not tried a T-Board, but if it works or not, I can't afford to buy 15 new boards now anyway (anymore than I can afford to buy 15 new solenoids).

My awesome paying day job stopped paying altogether (to say nothing of paying awesomely) over a year ago.

The only money I have coming in, is what I can drum up selling products I've invented and built myself, and the labor I make off the occasional custom pistol or rifle I get to build.

No one is loaning money right now, so I couldn't finance a big project if I wanted to, and I cannot spare the $1,000-$1,500 it would take to start from scratch on the electronics for these things.

The problem I have, is that it takes time to build them, and I can't find a company that will stay in business long enough for me to get them all out the door.

TAG sold me a bill of goods and bailed, AFTER I'd designed the entire thing around their boards. I redesigned things to work with the Chaos boards, and THEY went out of business 15 mins after they sent me an entire batch of defective boards.

Given my track record, SD will go tits up about two hours after I place my order (which would be fine, 'cause I don't have the money to pay them if they did somehow miraculously deliver a perfect product anyway).

Now YDNA has ALL the Chaos boards, ALL the solenoids, ALL the harnesses, and ALL the components that I have already bought, and I haven't heard a peep out of him in well over a month, despite repeated attempts to raise him. I appear to be well and properly hosed.

I have the actual mechanical stuff here, anodized and finished, waiting to be assembled. That stuff has been done for over a year now.

I simply CANNOT get this damned electronic monkey off my back.

AND, even better, if I could find a magical white knight to save my ***, I don't have the money to pay the guy anyway, so I'm hosed either way.

I'll say it again.

I hate this industry.

You guys have been better than great. You've been unbelievably patient, so don't take this rant as any way directed at you all. I'm just grumpy, and broke, and still no closer to finishing this @#$%^*!@$$# project, so I'm venting.

Seriously?

You post to bag on a project that's going as ****tily as this one is, posing as a potential customer?

Go away.

Sorry I offended you man, I was just giving my opinion.. I would totally be interested in buying one, but as I said after the price comes down and the kinks are worked out.. I'm not bagging on anything. Just thought the entire point of posting this in a forum was to get feed back..

I hope it all works out, Sorry again.

Sorry I offended you man, I was just giving my opinion.. I would totally be interested in buying one, but as I said after the price comes down and the kinks are worked out.. I'm not bagging on anything. Just thought the entire point of posting this in a forum was to get feed back..

I hope it all works out, Sorry again.
    That's just it, the price is never coming down, the options are never changing. I'm not doing any more of these cursed things, and the ones I've already made the parts for are long past the point of making changes. That die is cast.

This wasn't an R&D thread, it was a BST thread, and when the preorders are finally delivered (just shortly before hell freezes over, and fools stop running our government), I will sell the remaining parts in kit form and be done with the whole debacle forever.

The things work flawlessly, when I have boards to run them.

Without boards, they are expensive paperweights.

At this point criticism, constructive or otherwise, is entirely useless, 'cause if I had boards, the product would have already been delivered. The time for implementing "tweaks" has long, long, long, long since passed.

They are what they are, and if I get them done before I die, I will do a damned happy dance (even if it means breaking my hip).

Also, don't worry, I'm going to put a clause in my will that if I should kick it before you guys get your stuff, the executor of my estate will be given the task of being forever jerked around by the board suppliers.

No, really, if I kick it, I'll have them send what I've got done to the owners (you guys), and cut you a refund out of my life insurance money or something.

If I happen to invent something wonderful and lucrative in the mean time, I will divert the cash to re-do the boards, solenoids, harnesses, and daughter boards once again.

Until then, I have to hope that YDNA has a crisis of conscience and finishes the stuff up so he can send it all back to me.

I'm not holding my breath though . . . . . . .

Hey CoolHand, all I can say is ouch!

And I wish you better luck with this.

Ryan;

You have an important PM waiting for you

~ P8nt

Coolhand, if I can find a used UTB I'll grab it and send it your way to test. (p8nt may already have a solution though). I had one in my hands a few months ago and sold it to a friend or I'd let you have that one. Maybe y'all can figure something out with SD on pricing enough to get them running...dunno. Hopefully YDNA will get off his backside and fess up or finish up.

Dumb question, will a bushy board run this bugger? I bet those could be had DIRT CHEAP.

Quote Originally Posted by txaggie08
    Coolhand, if I can find a used UTB I'll grab it and send it your way to test. (p8nt may already have a solution though). I had one in my hands a few months ago and sold it to a friend or I'd let you have that one. Maybe y'all can figure something out with SD on pricing enough to get them running...dunno. Hopefully YDNA will get off his backside and fess up or finish up.

Dumb question, will a bushy board run this bugger? I bet those could be had DIRT CHEAP.
    The Chaos boards were Bushmaster replacements, but they only output 5V to the coil (when operating correctly, as I got them, they mostly put out ~1.2V), which isn't enough to shift the coils on my solenoids.

I'm talking to P8nt, and I will rattle YDNA's cage over and over until he gets me my stuff back.

I feel better than I did last night, there is still some hope, but I don't want to gin up a bunch of hope and then have to dash it again, so don't anyone get worked up yet.

When/If there really is good news, I'll post and lay it on you all.

Until then, hang in there, I haven't scuttled the ship yet.

Warbeak - Hmmmmmmm. . . . .

That frame looks awful familiar, doesn't it? That might explain why he's not talking to me anymore. I wonder if I can find anyone else to work on these boards that can screw me as well?

I hate this industry, I really do.

I hope the whole thing drowns in Chinese junk, preferably sooner rather than later.

It's actually an exact copy of the original Quest frame from back in 2006 with the exception of the new style trigger guard and .45 grips (although that's not final at all). And I sure hope it doesn't go under lol, this is my next gun. Quests are amazing! Good luck getting a hold of him though. All us Quest fanatics are screaming for this gun to come out. Hopefully we haven't derailed your project.

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    It's actually an exact copy of the original Quest frame from back in 2006 with the exception of the new style trigger guard and .45 grips (although that's not final at all). And I sure hope it doesn't go under lol, this is my next gun. Quests are amazing! Good luck getting a hold of him though. All us Quest fanatics are screaming for this gun to come out. Hopefully we haven't derailed your project.
    YDNA GOT BACK TO ME TODAY!!!!!

Huzzah!!!!!

He was busy with this project you're talking about.

It looks like I'm going to need to go with different solenoids, but that seems to be the fix we need.

He still needs to do some more testing, but we're getting closer.