Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Still gotta do all the other ones!

~ P8nt
    Yeah, I know, but even at that, it's still at least two orders of magnitude more progress than I've been able to produce in more than a year.

Just as an aside, I cannot believe how tiny those little boards are.

When I first saw that pic I was like. "Wow, that's great, three wires and a capacitor. Whoopty Doo."

Then I realized that the black lump I thought was a ball of tape, was actually the board and all the connectors.

Wowzers that thing is tiny.

I wish these would have been around when I did the design work, I might have gotten away with a slightly less bulky shape on the frame.

Keep it up man, you may yet salvage 2009 as a decent year, at least for the guys involved in this deal.

Update:

My daughter is sick,.. so my weekend is looking to be shot for working on this

Sorry guys,....

I will try to sneek in some more hours in the middle of the week like last week.

Keep watching the thread!

~ P8nt

Update:

My daughter is sick,.. so my weekend is looking to be shot for working on this

Sorry guys,....

I will try to sneek in some more hours in the middle of the week like last week.

Keep watching the thread!

~ P8nt
    Don't sweat it.

Curtain Climbers and Tricycle Motors come first.

Thumbs up

Still all in all, exciting stuff.
    Hasnt been this much excitement in this thread since post # 1309 !

Update:

I dragged my 2 scuba tanks from my parents basement to my apartment tonight.

I found my old AKA reg and a KAPP reg as well. I will be using these in my testing.

Not much of a dent in the work,.. but some progress.

~ P8nt

Update:

My sickness has left me with zero energy.

What I did today was applied the settings that Ryan was running on the Morlock board in his video and saved them in the UTB so its ready 100% for air.

I also filled my tanks up from the scubas so those are ready as well.

I need to get up into my storage area this weekend and get a drop and valve out,.... then I have to assemble the gun.

I will be testing the frame with and without eyes

Trying to get there guys,.... hold on!

~ P8nt

Excellent.

Update;

Here is where Im at guys

All assembled except for valve and ASA

Close up of the eye covers

Frame powered on

Here is a shot of the breech with eyes working

Next update wont be for 2 weeks. Hang in there!

~ P8nt

I'm not in line for any of these frames, but have been following the story on a weekly basis since inception. Those latest pics are the bomb. You post it all up, then tell everyone they have to wait 2 weeks. Anyone else need a cold shower?

By the way, is there a new way to feed the LPR? It looks like you have the microline connected to Mr. Coffee. That is gonna get expensive if the LPR decides it would rather have Starbucks.

Nice job P8nt

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

I'm diggin' this whole "one step forward, no steps back" thing we've got going on here.

Huzzah's all around!

Talking Progress Yay !

Progress is happening !
    Makes me glad no one wanted my spot when I was thinking of selling it !

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Progress is happening !
    Makes me glad no one wanted my spot when I was thinking of selling it !

Wanting and ability to buy are two different things

Guys;

I am sitting in my living room with my fiancee and my daughter right now,.. because its 7:30am on Saturday and its been a rough night

My daughter has a nice case of post nasal drip,.. and what ever she has now,... I have plus a cough (slight though). My fiancee is getting the start of what we have,....

I tell you this so you know that I have not touched the Ripper frame,... I just didnt have time this week.

I have the valve installed and I found my ASA and LPRs I will be using (some how the LPRs went up and walked away last week)

There is a smaaaaaaal problem with the setup (Ryan,.. dont worry!) If you all look at the pictures of the rail, you will notice that it is rather short and indeed will not compliment the ASA that Ryan milled for the Ripper.

I call this to your attention because I want to know how YOU guys would like to see the demo video footage.

Your choices are:
    A) Mill the hole in the rail more forward to allow the use of the ASA that compliments the Ripper frame,... placing the LPR in the front as originaly designed.

B) Place the LPR in ANY location that will work for you,... as long as the frame performs 100% as designed.

I will tell you that option A is not going to be a long waited thing. I have ALL the tools to modify the rail,.... and its just a matter of what you would like to see done. Option B IMHO would look "less appealing" in the video.

I give you the option because my rail I was intent on using in the pictures was milled for eyes. So it gave me the chance to complete the marker 100% as shown in Ryans original video. Can I change the rail out? Yes,... Im just looking for some input here.

~ P8nt

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    I don't really have a preference in the demo video, so long as my '05 karta rail doesn't get any changes I don't care...

I've been pretty sick here too. I feel you. Sinus infection....

Guys;

I am sitting in my living room with my fiancee and my daughter right now,.. because its 7:30am on Saturday and its been a rough night

My daughter has a nice case of post nasal drip,.. and what ever she has now,... I have plus a cough (slight though). My fiancee is getting the start of what we have,....

I tell you this so you know that I have not touched the Ripper frame,... I just didnt have time this week.

I have the valve installed and I found my ASA and LPRs I will be using (some how the LPRs went up and walked away last week)

There is a smaaaaaaal problem with the setup (Ryan,.. dont worry!) If you all look at the pictures of the rail, you will notice that it is rather short and indeed will not compliment the ASA that Ryan milled for the Ripper.

I call this to your attention because I want to know how YOU guys would like to see the demo video footage.

Your choices are:
    A) Mill the hole in the rail more forward to allow the use of the ASA that compliments the Ripper frame,... placing the LPR in the front as originaly designed.

B) Place the LPR in ANY location that will work for you,... as long as the frame performs 100% as designed.

I will tell you that option A is not going to be a long waited thing. I have ALL the tools to modify the rail,.... and its just a matter of what you would like to see done. Option B IMHO would look "less appealing" in the video.

I give you the option because my rail I was intent on using in the pictures was milled for eyes. So it gave me the chance to complete the marker 100% as shown in Ryans original video. Can I change the rail out? Yes,... Im just looking for some input here.

~ P8nt
    Do whatever is best for the setup that you will be keeping yourself. The pneumatic system works just fine, and has been proven before, it's only the new electronics that are up in the air.

You do it however you'd like to leave it. No sense in doing a bunch of work you'll just have to redo later.

As for the rest, don't worry about it too much, you've still made more progress in the last month or two than has been made in the last year and a half, so don't sweat a delay, we all knew it would happen eventually.

Get your family and yourself well again, and come back to this when you're all back up to speed.

Christmas is on the way anyhow, and I was going to insist that you not work over the holidays anyway. I've done that for the last ten years, it sucks, and I don't have a family.

Family first man.

Taking Ryan's advice,....

I am going to go on vacation from this project till after the New Years.

I know you guys have been waiting and waiting on me to produce SOMETHING,.....

Well here is the fruits of today's labor

That was 18bps,.. in semi auto,.. with some stupid cheater settings to make it fire pretty fast

I used a E-Micro 2000 Valve with an R/T on/off assembly installed (no ULT)

I don't know what the input pressure was from the LPR,.. I just turned it up until it was firing steady. I need to make an in line pressure gauge to test the pressure in the finished product. As you can also see,... I mounted the LPR to the drop rather than screw with the rail milling and mounting the ASA (it was a quick way to test the electronics)

I need to fine tune the settings some more. However at this point I am going to say publicly:

"Ryan,... Im ready to make all the electronics now "

I hope you guys have a great holiday if I dont get back on here in the next week or so.
    If I have time,.. I may clean up the install and solder some harnesses together (I really need a new solder gun at some point,.. perfect excuse to get one! )

~ P8nt

Amazing stuff! Not part of the purchase group but I'm just really happy to see this coming to fruition. Nice video
    Superbolt

Huzzah!

That's good news indeed.

I'm heading to Kentucky to pick up a new piece of equipment.

By the first of the new year, I will be fabricating stuff using parts that I cut out on our new CNC Plasma cutting rig. Very cool, I'm terribly excited. Going down to KY to pick it up tomorrow!

Screw the recession, I refuse to participate.

We're re-tooling and heading off in a new-ish direction. Going back to my roots with metal fabrication and incorporating the machine shop to maximize our potential.

By the first of next summer, there will be hot rod and race car chassis rolling out the big doors again!

Lots of other things going on too, but the hot rods are obviously the coolest.

If the bankers are gonna get me, they'll have one hell of a fight on their hands!

Have a good Christmas and New Year's everyone, it's been a hell of a year, and I for one am glad that it's about over with.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Screw the recession, I refuse to participate.
    Damn right! That's the kind of thinking that eradicates "recession"

Quote Originally Posted by PaintballEngineer
    Damn right! That's the kind of thinking that eradicates "recession"

Don't roll your eyes at me sonny!

When you're self employed, your only choice is to keep moving, even if that means just treading water.

If you don't at least do that, you drown.

Personal Updates:

1) It's snowing, and colder than a ***** outside. Global Warming my hairy white buttocks. I hope the Goracle freezes to death in Copenhagen.
    2) Our new CNC Plasma cutting machine is setting in the shop now, and appears to be getting along with all the rest of the equipment just fine.
    3) There's a lot of crap to do to install a new machine, and I seem to forget this fact between installations. Run new electrical wire, mount boxes, hang conduit, run new air lines, drive new ground rods, build new stands, carts, tables, and on and on and on.
    4) We've been at it all week, and we're still several days away from the thing actually moving under its own power.
    5) I'm glad to finally be doing something productive again.

If anyone needs any fabrication or complex burning work done in the new year, look me up, I'll be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Don't roll your eyes at me sonny!

When you're self employed, your only choice is to keep moving, even if that means just treading water.

If you don't at least do that, you drown.

Personal Updates:

1) It's snowing, and colder than a ***** outside. Global Warming my hairy white buttocks. I hope the Goracle freezes to death in Copenhagen.
    2) Our new CNC Plasma cutting machine is setting in the shop now, and appears to be getting along with all the rest of the equipment just fine.
    3) There's a lot of crap to do to install a new machine, and I seem to forget this fact between installations. Run new electrical wire, mount boxes, hang conduit, run new air lines, drive new ground rods, build new stands, carts, tables, and on and on and on.
    4) We've been at it all week, and we're still several days away from the thing actually moving under its own power.
    5) I'm glad to finally be doing something productive again.

If anyone needs any fabrication or complex burning work done in the new year, look me up, I'll be able to help you.
    Pics of new machine , CNC Plasma you could cut anything into just about anything

Ryan;

I would be very interested in having some work done from you!

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    Pics of new machine , CNC Plasma you could cut anything into just about anything
    Here it is as it sets:

We've run the power down to it, but still have to make up the patch cables to get from the wall to the machine itself.

Should get the air lines run on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Then we gotta build a cart for the air dryer/plasma generator, and another cart for the computer to live on, then we gotta get some slats sheared up and installed, and we gotta buy some sheet to cut, THEN we can make some test cuts.

HyperTherm 1250 G3 80A Plasma Generator. It'll Cut 1-1/4" and Pierce 5/8" steel.

Ryan;

I would be very interested in having some work done from you!

~ P8nt
    You know where to find me.

I'll let you know when I get it up and running.

Last edited by CoolHand; 12-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Ryan:

Im cutting the wire harnesses to length today cause I have 3 hours of free time.

How many harnesses do I need to make?

~ P8nt

UPDATE:

Well I had some time today to work on something.

My choices were the end table for my room (which means I have to put 2 coats of poly on it) or work on the electronics.

After having a mishap with some blown foam insulation and dreading anything else becoming bonded to my hands for a week,.... I chose to work on the frames

(Allen should be smiling right about now )

I pre-cut 8 wire harnesses to the length that I think they all will be cut to from now on.

I soldered on the micro switches and solenoids.

I also thought it may be wise for wire management to add an extra piece of heat shrink tubing to the paired lines later on,.. so I did that as well.

Here is where Im at as of today guys,.... its another step in the right direction!

No more work till after the New Year. Hope you all have a great Holiday!

~ P8nt

Thumbs up Your a good man Charlie Brown

WoW...Where were you when this all started

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    WoW...Where were you when this all started

Ive been with this since it started,.. just not into being involved with the building or actually owning a frame.

I remember saying to my buddy a LONG time ago when looking for an electronic frame for his mag: "Go with the Devil Mag frame dude,... they are more simple and they are completed"

Look how that all turned out

Since then I have bought a frame and have been tinkering with it for a while.

I know it sucks with the waiting but we are moving forward, and we are only waiting on myself. No waiting on electronic parts or other things to come along,... everything I need is here and in stock.

I have till the second week of March off,.. so I will be hammering this till then to see Ryan's work become 100% finished.

Keep an eye on this thread guys,....

~ P8nt

Huzzah!

I've been waiting quietly and patiently but I'd like to ask a question without getting beat down . Any chance of a Super Ule Rail getting milled out for the whole gun guys?

Btw cool plasma table, I've looked at PlasmaCam because they seem to be pretty cheap and easy to use, I just need to come up with a good reason to convince the wife that I need one.

Thumbs up

(Allen should be smiling right about now )

Courage is the conquest of fear, not the absence of it.