Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Well yeah, I can sell you a whole marker, or assemble one from parts you send, that is certainly doable (eyes or not).

The only thing that would stop us is AGD being out of what you want, but with 6- 12 weeks before the parts are all done, I'm sure we can get it all found in time though.
    AGD wouldn't be supplying anything beyond the internals. Body would be DW and feedneck would be RPG Sub-Zero

Can this frame work with a Dallara combo? I REALLY don't like the price of Karta's

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    AGD wouldn't be supplying anything beyond the internals. Body would be DW and feedneck would be RPG Sub-Zero

Can this frame work with a Dallara combo? I REALLY don't like the price of Karta's
    Not without some custom work.

Dallara = Classic Rail = Needs custom work to mount va = not a bolt-on mod anymore.

But if I am doing the assembly, its not a big deal (just more work and more $$).

Its likely to come out the same $$ wise with either body/rail combo.

eh, best stick with karta then.

anyways, I'll get back to you when my damn excal sells. hopefully there will be room on the first batch still

Come on folks, lets see those preorders.

75 people say they will buy one in the poll, and we can't even muster 5 follow throughs?

I know you are out there.

Stop being so about it and buy one!

I would but I already have a devilmag on the way and I keep my actual mag mechanical until PTP release their Pneumatic frame or that I have access to tools to make my own frame. I just designed a pneumatic valve that would have theoricaly a really short and light travel (not a spool valve because it would have made a valve with a longer travel). I inspired myself of poppet valves but it's still quite different. I would qualify it as a dual poppet valve. The main drawback that my design will suffer is that it will be really sensitive to pressure changes (both drops and raises) that would prevent it from working properly...

Anyway, good luck with your frame. I'm sure it will be a great frame and I would have brought it but my economical situation don't allow me to own 3 mags...

don't worry ryan.. I'll buy one as soon as this damn excal is gone or I have some extra cash. I give you my word I will buy one pending availability remains.

im still thinking about it HARD

its alot of $ to invest for a long period with no proto out yet and balh blah blah

i think it would be better for everyone if no one preorderd til they were 100% they wanted one

also looks liek some deatials are still a litle sketchy so ide like to see those ironed out first and i have to check some compatibility things

btw this is going to have a safety right?

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak

its alot of $ to invest for a long period with no proto out yet and balh blah blah

i think it would be better for everyone if no one preorderd til they were 100% they wanted one

also looks liek some deatials are still a litle sketchy so ide like to see those ironed out first and i have to check some compatibility things

It'll have the same safety that any electro (save for Emag/hyperframe) has. The OFF SWITCH.

As for compatibility. You have a karta Rail, which is on the RT PRO platform.

BTW, What's sketchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak

I've already spelled out the compatiblity quite well. Any RTP type rail. Any ULE type body. Any RT Type valve.

THAT is what it was designed for use with. It may work with other parts as well, but as with anything that is outside the design envelope, its not guaranteed to work.

The On/Off switch is the safety, just like any Electro, there is no secondary safety, you don't need one.

There is no denying that this is not the perfect setup. However, if you want something like this to be produced (and every diehard magger does), then you might have to deal with a less than optimum situation to get one.

You know I am not going to run off with your money, and since the parts are already on their way, its not like this project will never get started ('cause it's already started ).

The prototype has been done and tested for months. In fact, its been setting so long that most of the parts have been robbed for use elsewhere. That's how long this has been going on. Its been on the back burner because I couldn't afford to do it by myself (there was so little profit that I couldn't justify it). So, now we get to the present, and maggers still want a reliable and cost effective EFrame. Its still not very profitable, but if I don't have to go out of pocket on the whole deal it gets easier to bear. So the preorder is born.

The more static you guys cook up, the longer this is going to take.

It will be better for everyone if you guys would read the information given, look at the outlines given, and get onboard if you want one. Bet hedging will just stall things out.

I am not a hype seller. I have outlined how it will work, what it will work with, and what it will do. That's what it will do. If you have seen a DM4 shoot at 20 bps, you have seen a Mag do it. From the outside these frames look just like any other frame, no bells, whistles, funky exposed linkages, or hoses running in every direction. What you have seen is what you will get.

will the frame be added as an extra cost option on your rt custom page on your website?
    embargo backwards = o grab me

"Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do." -Larry The Cable Guy

Dragun Drallion, nexus kit, tickler, e2, pysco 5" drop w/ on off, macroline, A+ bolt and back block, Oydessy 3 barrel kit, armson stealth, 15* ASA, Kapp pump arm, Black Magic, warp feed w/ 12v upgrade, halo b w/ vic&rip, 91/4500 bulldog

Tippmann 98C ebolt, lp kit, m-16 kit, palmer stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    will the frame be added as an extra cost option on your rt custom page on your website?
    I imagine that it will be, but not until I have some in stock.

If you want to preorder a whole marker, let me know and I will take care of your order manually.

ryan, i'll be placing my pre-order within the next 2 weeks. please hold a spot on the first 15 if you can.

thanks

so how many of these have been pre-ordered? if its still under 15 im more likly to pre-order one rather then wait for them to come out.
    aim-sok845

Quote Originally Posted by danoxide
    so how many of these have been pre-ordered? if its still under 15 im more likly to pre-order one rather then wait for them to come out.
    /checks paperwork real quick.

Three (3).

That's it, just three.

So yeah, its still under fifteen.

Bumpus Maximus!

CoolHand you just need to convince someone to either buy my Mustang or my Emag lowers and I will have #4. Someone help me out. Help me get an awesome product and further the legacy of mags ripping away the opposition; Please.

Just had a question that I haven't seen anywhere else on the thread. The air noid that you are using to trip the sear, is it capable of handling more than what the current noid in an Emag will. I have heard from several different techs that the reason they haven't really gone any farther with the programming for the E/X mag boards is because the Solenoid cannot shoot much past 20bps. Just curious because if you were to use the Pred to it's full capacity I think you would very likely be pushing the envelope of the valve's capabilities and thus the Solenoid would need to be fairly fast. Thanks in advance for answering my ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by stonersr26
    Just had a question that I haven't seen anywhere else on the thread. The air noid that you are using to trip the sear, is it capable of handling more than what the current noid in an Emag will. I have heard from several different techs that the reason they haven't really gone any farther with the programming for the E/X mag boards is because the Solenoid cannot shoot much past 20bps. Just curious because if you were to use the Pred to it's full capacity I think you would very likely be pushing the envelope of the valve's capabilities and thus the Solenoid would need to be fairly fast. Thanks in advance for answering my ramblings.
    [Valley Girl Voice]
    "I am so ahead of you here."
    [/Valley Girl Voice]

The valve I am using has a factory rated max cyclical rate of >50CPS.

That's right, fifty (50, five with a zero behind it). You will not out run this valve.

However, I guess that's kinda misleading, as the "ON" time required for the Mag will limit the the max ROF to ~36-40 BPS (using a 20-25ms "on" time per shot, and a 3-5ms "off" time).

They are rated for a life of 200 million cycles (that's 200,000,000 shots, or 200,000 cases of paint) at 100% duty (meaning it can run continuously basically forever).

Plus, they are less than $40 to replace (if for some reason you manage to shoot more than 200 million shots and your Mag is still going), even at retail prices.

Worry not about the valve my son.

IMO, if you get a vid of you ripping on the prototype, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil

I second that motion. Let's see it Ry.
    Dust Green X-Mag #315

ULE body w/ dual Kila V2 detents, X valve w/ LX, Y-grip w/ Dye grips, ULT, Omega rail, Stainless Steel Freak Kit.

My Feedback- https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165428

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I will be more than happy to, once I have parts here to assemble.

The prototype was in a vert frame, and is no longer in working order. To reassemble it and take a vid would only confuse things.

As soon as I have parts to put together, I will assemble one and take a vid of it screaming.

On a related note, I found some material that I may be able to easily fashion into an eye cover for the ULE bodies. It will be very simple and aluminum (so you can have it ano matched if you like), likely held on with one screw.

I am waiting on the material right now, but once it gets here (Wed or Thurs) I will cut one and see what it looks like.

Also, would any of you happen to have a stock RTP On/Off assembly they would sell or maybe trade for a ULT kit?

The XValve I bought for the demo doesn't have an On/Off in it, and all I have is a ULT and an EMag On/Off.

I can probably trade with you. As long as you have the extra shims I could probably do it. Only problem is I am in New Orleans until thursday. Let me know.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    I can probably trade with you. As long as you have the extra shims I could probably do it. Only problem is I am in New Orleans until thursday. Let me know.
    I don't need it right away anyway.

It is the whole kit, ULT On/Off and about 8 or 10 shims.

Let me know when you get back so we can hash it out.

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    I don't need it right away anyway.

It is the whole kit, ULT On/Off and about 8 or 10 shims.

Let me know when you get back so we can hash it out.

Check you PM's buddy.

Any news on a protoype yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Any news on a protoype yet?
    Nothing new to report.

You can be sure that I will have pics and a vid up as soon as parts arrive and I get one put together.

Hang in there guys, it could be as much as three or four weeks yet.

3-4 weeks for a prototype or a ship?

i'm just thinking now.. is this gonna be out before the pneumatic frame?

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    3-4 weeks for a prototype or a ship?

i'm just thinking now.. is this gonna be out before the pneumatic frame?
    2-3 for videos of the production frames.

4-8 to ship (best case).

It will certainly be out before the PTP frame (since Jay has been talking 3-6 months on them).

k, i'll be pm'ing you. (since you don't use your AIM grrr )

question.. what kind of trigger will this thing have? hopefully nothing thick and clunky like stock mag frames.

will the trigger receive anno as well?