Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    When it comes to my BST reputation, or Ryan's, I'm always serious.
    I would never tarnish his name on my time.
    And I do appreciate it.

Wow - I've been gone from Mags for awhile but this sweetness makes me want to jump back on the Magwagon. I have one question that I apologize for in advance if it has already been asked and answered. Do we have any idea of the efficiency with this frame? Roughly how many shots per fill? Thanks.

X

maybe 5-6 shots less than a regular mag frame just because the LPR takes some of that juice and uses it to operate the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    maybe 5-6 shots less than a regular mag frame just because the LPR takes some of that juice and uses it to operate the frame.
    Yup, what he said.

The frame uses almost no air.

Battery wise, you should get at least 15 cases out of one 9v.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Yup, what he said.

that sounds awesome. I hate having to go through batteries. My halo is awful. BUt 15 cases off of a 9v means I will probably used 1 battery per year or 2 lol

Automaggot68 Guest
    that sounds awesome. I hate having to go through batteries. My halo is awful. BUt 15 cases off of a 9v means I will probably used 1 battery per year or 2 lol
    I've been known to shoot 8 cases a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    I've been known to shoot 8 cases a day.
    yeah there's people that like to shoot.

Yup, what he said.

Ok, got it. Thanks guys.

X

so any progress? [/buggery]

so any progress? [/buggery]
    Why yes, good thing you asked.

I just made the DigiKey order for the eye components, On/Off switches, Trigger switches, and sundry items.

I also just submitted the PCB CADs for the On/Off daughter board. Those should be here in three weeks.

Talked with Bob on Friday afternoon, and he said that the boards should be done about two weeks before World Cup, so that puts us with boards in hand at or around the third week of October.

I will be sending out emails to all the preorder folks to check on their color selections, and then I will be sending off the first batch of parts to ano.

Next week is going to be busy for me (school, ick ), but I am going try and get the first one assembled and tested. Its not far off, and I know these will sell better after I get a video posted.

I've also got an Excal that I need to put some eyes in (though that isn't really related to this project, it is something else I need to do next week).

That's all I've got for now.

Have a good week guys.

how about that template for laser engraving?

I've also got an Excal that I need to put some eyes in (though that isn't really related to this project, it is something else I need to do next week).
    It most certainly is related. If you don't your Karma will die. I've seen it happen before... Just kidding.

Anyways, the real reason I posted is because I have a really interesting question. Do you think you would be able to make this frame fit on an X-mag body? And use the reflective eye and all of that fun stuff?

Just a curiousity thing...

My Feedback
    (It's a work in progress)

XMag body? Yes.

Reflective Eye in stock location? Maybe.

Using stock ACE board? Nope, never happen.

Why? It mounts in the XMag's frame, no place to put it in this one. Besides, the stock ACE board is wired wrong to work with a Pred board. TAG had to change up the way they routed the eye voltage on the EMag drop in boards in order to avoid the wonky problem caused by the shorts that you get by grounding through the frame and powering the HES out of the eye harness. Its a PITA, which I cannot get around.

PSI - The engraving template is coming, I've just got a whole lot to do, and that is at least four to six weeks off (IE it can't be engraved until its anodized, and it can't be anodized until . . . . . . . etc, etc).

Automaggot68 Guest
    I dont think you've told us what sort of on/off you'lll be using?

Switch?(slide)
    toggle switch?
    Push button?

voice recognition? lol j/k

Well, I had planned to use a sub-mini toggle like the XMag used, but at ~$12 a pop, I decided to pass.

Since the LED cannot be located with the On/Off switch anymore (because TAG dropped the remote LED from their board's list of options), I have the room to use a much more robust and economical slide switch.

The tiny toggle was flimsy anyway, the only reason I had planned to use it at all, was so that I could fit both the switch and the LED inside that hollow up front. Since the LED has gone by-by, so can the tiny toggle.

I chose a slide switch that is relatively cheap, but built hell for stout, and who's actuator sticks out the side of the frame about an eighth of an inch (~0.125"), so it is easy to get a hold of with gloves on.

Hey, does this thing make the automag electro pneumatic?

Either way, I am very interested in this product.

I e-mailed you a little while ago, and I haven't heard a reply to the installment plan thingy.
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

yeah i do have a question now that somebody said something to me. this thing still needs a sear.. so it's not truly electropneumatic correct? it simply takes away the need for the pancake noid.

or do I miss something?

one other thing I pond, what happens to the trigger rod? (which I cannot remove without wrecking the sear it's so tight)

Automaggot68 Guest
    yeah i do have a question now that somebody said something to me. this thing still needs a sear.. so it's not truly electropneumatic correct? it simply takes away the need for the pancake noid.

or do I miss something?

one other thing I pond, what happens to the trigger rod? (which I cannot remove without wrecking the sear it's so tight)
    It still needs the sear.
    you have to remove the sear rod and clevis, like in a hyperframe.

Lenny - I thought sure that I had replied to you. A layaway plan is not out of the question at all. Email me again, with what kind of payments you had in mind.

PSI - Yes, the sear rod and clevis have to come off. They can be a bugger, you just need to bend the clevis open a little bit.

I have a design down on paper that will take the Mag valve and basically turn it into a spooler (a Matrix type spooler). BUT, it would be high dollar, complex, and mostly pointless IMO. This is just as good (performance wise), simpler, and cheaper to produce.

so if I wanted you to do this 1-off mod to my valve how much would you want? I'm liking what I hear and would send it to you in the winter so time wouldn't be too much of an issue.

so if I wanted you to do this 1-off mod to my valve how much would you want? I'm liking what I hear and would send it to you in the winter so time wouldn't be too much of an issue.
    Aw Christ, I should have kept my mouth shut.

I'm not even sure if it will work as well as what it there now. I never built the damned thing, because I thought it would be a waste of time.

Also, its not something that can be stacked up with this EFrame. The spool mod was a whole different deal.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if it would have worked like I had concieved it. To do one for a customer would be foolish, or at the very least, expensive as all get out.

Aw Christ, I should have kept my mouth shut.

I'm not even sure if it will work as well as what it there now. I never built the damned thing, because I thought it would be a waste of time.

Also, its not something that can be stacked up with this EFrame. The spool mod was a whole different deal.

Like I said, I'm not even sure if it would have worked like I had concieved it. To do one for a customer would be foolish, or at the very least, expensive as all get out.
    well if you ever find a way to make it work with your frame.. even if it meant modifying the frame as well... I'd be willing you dish you a stupid amount of money and time. lmk sometime, no rush.

also, could I just cut the clevis clean off?

well if you ever find a way to make it work with your frame.. even if it meant modifying the frame as well... I'd be willing you dish you a stupid amount of money and time. lmk sometime, no rush.

also, could I just cut the clevis clean off?
    You just need to unsnap one side of the clevis from the pin, and bend it open. It will pull right off the sear then.

The entire rod/clevis assembly has to come off the sear. How you get it off doesn't really matter.

so i could pretty much let my cat play with it for a while?

lol j/k.. but in seriousness thanks again for doin such a good job of keeping peoples questions answered.

so i could pretty much let my cat play with it for a while?

lol j/k.. but in seriousness thanks again for doin such a good job of keeping peoples questions answered.
    No worries, that's what I's here for.

If you understand that, you're a redneck speaking

No worries, that's what I's here for.

If you understand that, you're a redneck speaking
    I'm just a from a redneck town is all. It's muh heritage!

any word on the boards? ?sdraob eht no drow yna

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlend2786
    any word on the boards? ?sdraob eht no drow yna
    he just said.. come back next month. They'll be (should be) ready 2 weeks before cup.

Yup, that's still the current word.

A little OT, but which one of you guys had an XMag that they needed to move? Whoever it was, PM me your bottom dollar on it, I may have a customer waiting for it.