Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Your not still going to UMR are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Skoad
    Your not still going to UMR are you?
    Yup, have been for quite some time now.

Amazing how it takes twice as long when you're only doing 6-8 hrs a semester . . . . . .

I found out quite quickly that I couldn't swing 15 hrs AND work. I got a case of hard core burn-out about midway through the first semester of my junior year (that would be the fifth semester total), and I almost dropped out. I knew I'd never go back if I did that though, so I just dropped way back and took it easy. Going half time and trying to run a business was still a serious challenge, but one which was doable.

At any rate, it's very nearly over now.

I have one class (3hrs) in the Spring, and I am done. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Yup, have been for quite some time now.

Amazing how it takes twice as long when you're only doing 6-8 hrs a semester . . . . . .

I found out quite quickly that I couldn't swing 15 hrs AND work. I got a case of hard core burn-out about midway through the first semester of my junior year (that would be the fifth semester total), and I almost dropped out. I knew I'd never go back if I did that though, so I just dropped way back and took it easy. Going half time and trying to run a business was still a serious challenge, but one which was doable.

At any rate, it's very nearly over now.

I have one class (3hrs) in the Spring, and I am done. Finally.
    Good Luck!

/is in the same boat
    //but with higschool
    ///not dropping out, just burnout :P
    ////go do my frame
    /////i cant wait

Nice

I grad next week Now, just need to find a job......

Nice

I grad next week Now, just need to find a job......
    What major? I seem to remember something about comp sci, but I could be wrong.

The Mining department is looking like were gonna have 100% employment for our Dec grads.

I've already got one lined up with a development company here local. Going to be overseeing the heavy excavation (hey, what is a mine but a big excavation anyway? ) and infrastructure engineering. I am starting part time in January, and full time when I graduate in May.

Which brings me to my other announcement . . . . . . .

These frames will be the very last run of production parts I do, period. I'm backing down the PB juggernaut, and will only be taking on interesting custom projects after the new year.

Now, that is not to say that I will not be still selling stuff for a while, but once the parts are gone, I will not be making anymore.

I'd appreciate this not being re-posted anywhere just yet, as I would like to do it myself, with a nicely composed post, which I do not have time to assemble right now. If you go and re-post this I will be forced to explain myself sooner and I will then be grumpy.

Was comp sci, but switched to Bus & IST.

Was comp sci, but switched to Bus & IST.
    Yeah, the tech bust sorta hamstringed you guys.

Shoulda switched to EMan or something like that.

Good luck with your job search, hope ya find something to your liking.

since i cant "repost that"

Nooooooooo WHY?!

zackzel Guest
    Hey sorry to hear about the decision not to make anything else, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyways good luck with finals and next semester.

On a side note I PM'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    since i cant "repost that"

Nooooooooo WHY?!

Well, here is the long and the short of it:

The PB business is getting ugly. It's not any fun at all anymore, and it's gotten to the point that it's making me not even want to play paintball anymore. That is bad. The production stuff is very time consuming, and rather mind numbing.

PLUS, I am really having to force the new ideas to come, and that always causes poor designs.

Then, to top it all off, there isn't much if any money in it.

These price wars are great for the consumers, but they really cut into our bottom lines (especially with my low batch size).

And the production parts customers have been really getting me down lately. Nobody on AO has given me any trouble to really speak of, but there are plenty from lots of other places that make up for you all. Now, granted, some of it is deserved, I have been really slow and held up a lot at the end of this year (yet another grumble about the production parts is the fact that I am at the mercy of anodizers, none of which seem to be able to do anything they say that will).

All that has sorta snowballed into a "meh" feeling about my job in general. I am just running out of steam. It would be one thing if I were making money hand over fist, but I am not. In the last five years, I have managed to build myself a very nice machine shop, put out some high quality products in mediocre volumes, and rack up a decent sized loan for myself. Yeah, that's going in the wrong direction.

The fact is that if I don't do something very soon about the high money out, medium money in thing, I will be going under anyway. At least this way I have some say about the scale back. The machine tools are for the most part paid for, so they can stay, and don't cost me much, if anything, to keep. I will sell the remaining stock of parts I have, and call it a day on that stuff. If I'm lucky, I won't lose a bundle on the liquidation.

Then I have my imminent graduation in May. Coinciding with this event is the opportunity to take a job as an engineer with a local development firm at just about four times my current annual income. I just can't pass that up.

I'll still be around the forums, and I will still be doing custom projects for customers and myself, as well as the obligatory custom machine work here and there, I just won't be doing any more of these big hundreds of parts runs. Come January, Logic Paintball will be strictly a side business to let me stay frosty with the machines and the software.

The good news for you guys is that I will be taking on a lot more custom CNC work now that I will have a lot more time on my hands.

I have one baby project I might want you to do, ok maybe two....wait three

All fairly simple little baby sized thingys. Gotta research and test some stuff first however.

I have one baby project I might want you to do, ok maybe two....wait three

All fairly simple little baby sized thingys. Gotta research and test some stuff first however.
    Well, I'm staying in the area, so whenever you're ready, just give me a buzz.

Ok, just took stock.

There are four (4) frames left.

After that they are all gone.

Well, whatever your venture, have fun

(and no, you cant pass up 4x your current income, else you = )

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    . . . . . .(and no, you cant pass up 4x your current income, else you = ) . . . . .. -Josh
    Egggxactly.

Plus, I will actually get to shed some responsibility. ( )

Yay for not being 100% in charge anymore!

well I hate to see you leave the production side of things, you have made some good things for the automag community. I am sure I won't have the money to get one of your electric frames, but I do hope to get a new mech frame to try out. I hope you keep playing though and can make it to ao:mo next year though.

Since your going to be making 4 times what your making now. You will be able to afford to keep making mag things at a loss. So since you can afford it - dont quit.

it's sad that you have to partially retire ...
    unfortunately in paintball , theses days , it seems that every new and innovative stuff for good ol' mags are coming from little shop like you or particulars that don't have the big ressources of the big companies ... it's sad because some of you like doc nickel , you and many others are leaving because it's too hard to do all the stuff yourself and on the other hand profit seem to be too low for the work it takes ...

i hope you will be able to continue to do those amazing mag parts like the fireblade , frames and rails .

and btw ... good luck with your graduation ...

P.S. any chance that you could have one of those alpha rail lying somewhere in the dust ??

Bravo - Yeah, that's true, but I am very very tired of burning my candle at both ends AND the middle. It will be very nice to slow down for a little bit. I might even get to go paintballing again.

That's mainly why I'm going to keep doing the custom stuff. I won't have to worry about making a ton of money, and I can pick and choose the jobs that look like fun. PLUS, there will be only one person to ***** at me when I take forever (even though they will know this up front).

Grom - I have one raw, and two black Alphas setting here right now. Send me a email ( tech@logicpaintball.com ) and I'll send you an invoice.

lostrock Guest
    PMed you

I was wondering if anyone wanted to buy the ultimate mag frame spot off of me? I need to buy a ego this week but my money is tied up in that.

wingnut820@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Emag2005; 12-13-2005 at 05:41 PM.

i emailed you coolhand ... concerning those alpha rails ... hope you received it ...

SELLING MY SPOT IN LINE!

PM me or Email me at: Josh.behemoth@gmail.com

You guys are impatient. Its gonna be awesome, hold on.

You should try - waiting for the Emag drop in board.

Coolhand, You never made a vid of someone with crazy fingers shooting this thing?
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 12-20-2005 at 12:44 PM.

you guys are genius... ::bows::
    -fully upped mech mag (magzilla) www.havoc-online.com
    -upped 68 mag (class) My Feedback AIM = nate2k191
    -live in peace TK-
    AO-TX

I will buy someones spot if they want to sell it. LMK

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by RFLMN1
    I will buy someones spot if they want to sell it. LMK

Jason
    Ahem . . . . . . . .

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188566

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Thanks CoolHand

zackzel Guest
    Did these ever go to anno yet? Because I never got my little confirmation email confirming my color etc...

Quote Originally Posted by zackzel
    Did these ever go to anno yet? Because I never got my little confirmation email confirming my color etc...
    Since the boards were MIA I was holding off until I had the rail machining finished. That way it can go all at once.