Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    unless they changed it, predator boards had intellifeed ports

how does the efficiency compare to a mechanical mag or devil mag?
    im pretty sure it would still be the same because the valve still needs to operate on a 700-800+ psi input pressure, but then again i didnt make this ungodly frame

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
    Does the VA that you are supplying resemble the stock one? So if i picture this correctly the front block will look like a spyder with a low pressure chamber correct?

and is this the LPR (just in black ) that will be supplied?
    http://www.pbreview.com/pics/1112160468.jpg

If i wanted a highly polished finished item like that of Deadlywinds raw karta bodies would that be an option?

thanks coolhand
    It is the same shape as the stock RTP VA, just with another port up front, and a thru hole to pass the hosing though.

And yes, that is the reg I am using. They are fairly priced, and work very well. If you want to use something else, buy the kit without an LPR and supply your own.

Gloss Silver will shine like the raw DW bodies, but won't tarnish over time like raw alum will.

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    how will the efficiency be compared to a normal mech, or dm?
    I'd say about five (5) shots less per tank compared to a mech or pancake electro.

The actuator system uses very little air, its not even enough to notice really.

I think I can say with confidence that these will be the sweetest little electro-mags around.small, fast and reliable, did I mention fast?

coolhand, it's great to see this getting underway.
    ~E~

Quote Originally Posted by the electrician
    . . . . coolhand, it's great to see this getting underway.
    Tell me about it. What's it been, a year now? Lots of time in this one, that is for sure.

I too am glad to see it progressing finally.

Quote Originally Posted by the electrician
    I think I can say with confidence that these will be the sweetest little electro-mags around.small, fast and reliable, did I mention fast?

coolhand, it's great to see this getting underway.
    BTW, did you see Rogue's post in PB Talk trying to encourage the DIY version of this frame? Seems someone has bee in their bonnet.

Of course it was purely an inoccent question, asked simply for curiosity's sake, which I am taking in 100% the wrong way. It is mere coincidence and happenstance that it popped up just one day after I went public with the Ripper EM. Its like reading a poorly written soap opera, you know what's going to happen, weeks before it does.

I especially like how they are trying to say that tuning an LPR (you know, twisting the knob) is WAY harder and more time consuming than tuning the ULT. Riiiiiiiiiiight. Just keep telling yourselves that fellas.

Sometimes I tire of this sort of thing, but in the end, at least it shows I'm making an impact.

I do so love to torture certain folks though . . . . . . . . . . .

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    BTW, did you see Rogue's post in PB Talk trying to encourage the DIY version of this frame? Seems someone has bee in their bonnet.

Of course it was purely an inoccent question, asked simply for curiosity's sake, which I am taking in 100% the wrong way. It is mere coincidence and happenstance that it popped up just one day after I went public with the Ripper EM. Its like reading a poorly written soap opera, you know what's going to happen, weeks before it does.

I especially like how they are trying to say that tuning an LPR (you know, twisting the knob) is WAY harder and more time consuming than tuning the ULT. Riiiiiiiiiiight. Just keep telling yourselves that fellas.

Sometimes I tire of this sort of thing, but in the end, at least it shows I'm making an impact.

I do so love to torture certain folks though . . . . . . . . . . .

You suck, Ryan, Remember that.

No one will buy your frame, like you, eat cake with you, or go to your birthday party.

Why do you and Rogue always fight? Is it b/c you guys have your businesses and your always competing or did something happen that no one knows about?

Not trying to be nosey, just curious.
    Dust Green X-Mag #315

ULE body w/ dual Kila V2 detents, X valve w/ LX, Y-grip w/ Dye grips, ULT, Omega rail, Stainless Steel Freak Kit.

My Feedback- https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165428

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Why do you and Rogue always fight? Is it b/c you guys have your businesses and your always competing or did something happen that no one knows about?

Not trying to be nosey, just curious.
    it's a little more than that.
    Half the time it isn't even Rogue and Logic, It's Rogue's fan's, or Logic's fans.

Even MORE than half the time, the fans who bash the other user's products have never even owned a Rogue, or Logic product.

I like The Logic vert frame more than Rogue's. Does that make Rogue's frame bad? Not at all! I just prefer Logic's.

Earlier today a new AO user posted that Logic makes a sub quality mag. I'm very confident that user has never used a Logic product ever.

I've used Rogue stuff, and i like it, but I prefer Logic's more.

Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    You suck, Ryan, Remember that.

No one will buy your frame, like you, eat cake with you, or go to your birthday party.

LMAO

I can finally sleep easily . . . . . . . . . you know, now that I know why no one likes me.

Automaggot68 Guest
    LMAO

I can finally sleep easily . . . . . . . . . you know, now that I know why no one likes me.

haha, no worries.

/official west coast representitive.

derek convinced me with his superior marketing skills and wit.

#2 is mine. order is in...

oh, and just incase, is it possible to get the frame black but just the trigger gold? I dont know if that was put in my order or not. thanks
    Last edited by SpecialBlend2786; 07-14-2005 at 12:06 AM.

So I sell my Mag so that I can support your business and this is what you do to me... Anyways, I haven't looked at it enough to understand the workings, I will do that later, but the pre-lim stuff looks pretty cool. Nice work.
    Last edited by Duzzy; 07-14-2005 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Some day I will learn to spell!

My Feedback
    (It's a work in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Duzzy
    So I sell my Mag so that I can support your business and this is what you do to me... Anyways, I haven't looked at it enough to understand the workings, I will do that later, but the pre-lim stuff looks pretty cool. Nice work.
    Aw, I didn't know you sold your mag to do the Excal (which is going to mow when its done BTW), that's kinda sad.

Oh well.

I've been looking around lately, and if you don't mind settling for an older EMag or RTP valve instead of an XValve, they can be had for under $200 (sometimes in a whole marker).

Couple that with this frame, and you get one hell of a marker for the money.

Yea Ryan I did see that thread and actually posted in it trying to... well I don't know what I thought I was going to accomplish. It was basically Rogue trying to say that a pancake noid tripper is much more reliable than a ram tripper. Hin hint, don't buy Logic's Ripper EM! Buy a Dmag from me when I get the rights from GADevil instead!

EDIT: Nm, looks as though he doesn't have the devilmag bar in the menu on his site anymore. Guess he was just trying to get people to not buy this even if it doesn't mean him getting money. You know it really is like a cheap soap opera.

another to coolhand for creating a very important milestone in mag history.

Woo-Hoo, glad to see this project finally launched.

My hunch says it will be well received.

If I only had a good reason to build another Mag, yes this frame should be reason enough but I already have 3...

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    . . . . If I only had a good reason to build another Mag, yes this frame should be reason enough but I already have 3...

You can just add it on to your favorite of the three.

(I know, I'm not helping . . . . . . )

Out of curiosity, why will this not work with a SS body? The rail explaination made sense but I'm confused on the body.

(I know, I'm not helping . . . . . .

No sir your not!

Quote Originally Posted by chairman_mao
    Out of curiosity, why will this not work with a SS body? The rail explaination made sense but I'm confused on the body.
    It's not the body. It the twistlock assembly that sticks out from under the rail.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    It's not the body. It the twistlock assembly that sticks out from under the rail.
    Exactly.

You can use a SS body . . . . . . . . . you just can't use a twist lock bushing to secure your barrel.

I'm sure there is some way to make it work, but it will have to be a custom solution. Its not something that we can swap out in 2 mins. Now, if there is enough demand, I will see what I can come up with to shorten up the twistlock or replace it (so that you can just swap something out).

I still can't get used to the idea of markers "mowing"... It doesn't sit right, but I am sure you are correct in any case.

I could buy a used mag and upgrade the heck out of it, but I picked up a poor unwanted and blind Viking that is just screaming for "Dr. Ryan" to come save it. I can't swing the $405 just yet, but I am working on it. And any discounts won't be held against you either...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Duzzy
    I still can't get used to the idea of markers "mowing"....

Well, in that case:

"It will shoot really fast, whether you can pull the trigger that fast or not."

That's the real life definition of "Mows" as it is used in Paintball.

Exactly.

You can use a SS body . . . . . . . . . you just can't use a twist lock bushing to secure your barrel.

I'm sure there is some way to make it work, but it will have to be a custom solution. Its not something that we can swap out in 2 mins. Now, if there is enough demand, I will see what I can come up with to shorten up the twistlock or replace it (so that you can just swap something out).

Would it work with Doc's cocker barrel adaptor?

gothsqwd Guest
    I would like to see a pic of the prototype, just to get a rough idea what I would be getting. Not that I don't trust you Coolhand, but I am a visual sort of guy. I am very interested though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Would it work with Doc's cocker barrel adaptor?
    It would if you found some way to keep it in place.
    "STAY OUT OF SMART PARTS SECTIONS.
    ANYONE CAUGHT STARTING *poof* IS GONE, PERIOD.
    THIS IS LAW"-PBN MOD
    GITRDONE!!!!!
    Tunamart for all of your mag needs
    Team Magfiea

Long Live Tom Kaye
    Long Live The Mag

question, before I pre-order.

If I pre-order, would you also build a complete gun for me and send it with the frame when the time comes? Meaning, body drilled already (even if you have to send it out), harness made, eyes attached and working etc...

Basically I'd like to get a complete gun. I don't have the resources to build any harnesses or the extra money to be mailing a frameback and forth between countries to get drilling done etc..

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    question, before I pre-order.

If I pre-order, would you also build a complete gun for me and send it with the frame when the time comes? Meaning, body drilled already (even if you have to send it out), harness made, eyes attached and working etc...

Basically I'd like to get a complete gun. I don't have the resources to build any harnesses or the extra money to be mailing a frameback and forth between countries to get drilling done etc..
    Hmmmm . . . . . . . . .

Let me mull that over a little bit.

The only thing stopping me is the lack of decent eye covers for the Mag. If I could lick that, then the other stuff would be easier to deal with.

Let me ponder on it and get back to you (its not like we don't have a good bit of time to think about it).

Quote Originally Posted by gothsqwd
    I would like to see a pic of the prototype, just to get a rough idea what I would be getting. Not that I don't trust you Coolhand, but I am a visual sort of guy. I am very interested though.
    Yeah, I can get one of the original vert concept. Its not functional right now (I stole the board out of it for another project), but you can get the idea of how it works.

I don't have a hybrid frame in aluminum yet, but that's just the outside shape. I can post a CAD solid if that would help.

Give me a day or two to find the proto back, and get some pics taken.