Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    I just don't have time to do this right now, I'm very sorry.

I'd love to take it on, but I'm so far behind that it wouldn't be fair to you (or the other people waiting).

Sorry man.

I understand. Anyone else you know other than DC (their code is still months off) that you think could do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelynar
    I understand. Anyone else you know other than DC (their code is still months off) that you think could do it?
    Check with Tarantula Mfg.

That guy is pretty good, and his prices are reasonable.

I don't think he's cut a Borg before, but there's no reason he wouldn't now.

I get the same problem with him that I got with contacting you....e-mails bounce back as a daemon....oh well, thanks for the help though

I get the same problem with him that I got with contacting you....e-mails bounce back as a daemon....oh well, thanks for the help though
    I dunno dude, he's the only one that springs to mind.

I really need to work on my website, I had to kill a bunch of email addresses that were overwhelming me with spam and zero actual emails.

Add it to the list of crap I have to take care of, #8,975,249 I believe.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    CoolHand do you by chance know anyone/or you that can install a clamping feedneck on a micro vert body. I have contacted luke and jay already, and am waiting on replies. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    CoolHand do you by chance know anyone/or you that can install a clamping feedneck on a micro vert body. I have contacted luke and jay already, and am waiting on replies. Thanks for any input.
    Just about anyone should be able to do it on a vert feed body, though Jay would be the most logical choice, since he's been involved with them since they were released.

If you can't get Jay or Luke to do it, shoot me over a PM and I'll see if I can squeeze you in.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    I just talked to luke, and he is a no go. After talking to a few others here they said that the reason it hasn't been done offen/before is that there is not much "meat" after removing the stock feedneck to allow for a threaded one. After Jay gets back from vacation I am going to pick his brain to see if he wants to give it a shot.
    Thanks for the input
    -Josh

Talking Parts sent

Karta body and blue Xvalve sent thursday.
    I am sooo excited !

any actual update on the guns? do we finally have all the parts in at least?
    embargo backwards = o grab me

"Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do." -Larry The Cable Guy

Dragun Drallion, nexus kit, tickler, e2, pysco 5" drop w/ on off, macroline, A+ bolt and back block, Oydessy 3 barrel kit, armson stealth, 15* ASA, Kapp pump arm, Black Magic, warp feed w/ 12v upgrade, halo b w/ vic&rip, 91/4500 bulldog

Tippmann 98C ebolt, lp kit, m-16 kit, palmer stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by UTDragun
    any actual update on the guns? do we finally have all the parts in at least?
    Alrighty, here's the skinny:

Machined Production Parts - Finished in a box on my shelf
    Solenoids - Purchased setting in same box on my shelf
    LPR's - Purchased setting in same box on my shelf
    Hardware (screws and such) - Purchased setting in same box on my shelf
    Boards - Purchased setting in another box on my shelf
    Grips - Purchased setting in yet another box on my shelf
    Eye Covers - CAD work done, CAM work still to do, Machine work still to do
    Rail Mod - CAD work done, CAM work still to do, Machine work to do as needed
    Karta/Dallara Eye Covers - CAD work done, CAM work still to do, Machine work still to do
    Various and Sundry Custom Work - Still to do on a case by case basis

What's all that mean? Basically, you're waiting on me to have some free time to spend on my machines so I can get back to work. I have a DRO to install on my new Turret Mill before I can move it into place and use it. I have general maintenance and a coolant pump upgrade to install on the CNC machine before I can use it again. I still need to do some CAM work here on the computer to get the GCode ready as well.

Going_Home's marker is mostly here now, we're still deciding on a detail or two, but it should be fairly straight forward when I do get to it. Say no more than two weekends to do the machine work on it. Then it can go to ano and I can start on another one while it's out, I'd look for three to six weeks on ano, unless Grunt Bull is amazing, in which case, less. When Home's marker gets back from ano it'll take another whole weekend to assemble and tune it.

Rinse, Repeat until we're done.

I'm sure they'll be some bumps and such (I cannot honestly envision 15 ano jobs in a row going perfectly to plan), but by and large, we're over the hump as far as sourcing the major components goes.

Now it's down to me and finding the time to build them.

Bear with me folks, I'll do the best I can to speed things along whenever possible.

Alrighty, here's the skinny:

Machined Production Parts - Finished in a box on my shelf
    Solenoids - Purchased setting in same box on my shelf
    LPR's - Purchased setting in same box on my shelf
    Hardware (screws and such) - Purchased setting in same box on my shelf
    Boards - Purchased setting in another box on my shelf
    Grips - Purchased setting in yet another box on my shelf
    Eye Covers - CAD work done, CAM work still to do, Machine work still to do
    Rail Mod - CAD work done, CAM work still to do, Machine work to do as needed
    Karta/Dallara Eye Covers - CAD work done, CAM work still to do, Machine work still to do
    Various and Sundry Custom Work - Still to do on a case by case basis

What's all that mean? Basically, you're waiting on me to have some free time to spend on my machines so I can get back to work. I have a DRO to install on my new Turret Mill before I can move it into place and use it. I have general maintenance and a coolant pump upgrade to install on the CNC machine before I can use it again. I still need to do some CAM work here on the computer to get the GCode ready as well.

Going_Home's marker is mostly here now, we're still deciding on a detail or two, but it should be fairly straight forward when I do get to it. Say no more than two weekends to do the machine work on it. Then it can go to ano and I can start on another one while it's out, I'd look for three to six weeks on ano, unless Grunt Bull is amazing, in which case, less. When Home's marker gets back from ano it'll take another whole weekend to assemble and tune it.

Rinse, Repeat until we're done.

I'm sure they'll be some bumps and such (I cannot honestly envision 15 ano jobs in a row going perfectly to plan), but by and large, we're over the hump as far as sourcing the major components goes.

Now it's down to me and finding the time to build them.

Bear with me folks, I'll do the best I can to speed things along whenever possible.

Is that all you have left to do? Dang slacker!

Although I'm not on the list and probably will never be, I'm glad to see someone keeping their customers updated with legitimate reasons. I'm sure the product will be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by afortuna
    Is that all you have left to do? Dang slacker!
    Well, since at this point I am the one running behind, I DO feel like a slacker, though there is little I can do about it ATM.

When it's nearly 7pm, I'm just getting home and I still need to eat, it's very hard to muster up the gumption to then go back into town and do some machine work (not to mention that it's dangerous to do so while dead tired). So that leaves the weekends, which I am glad to give up, but I have other obligations as well that sometimes intrude even into the weekends. Hell, I work the "day job" on a lot of Saturdays.

There just isn't much time that is "mine" anymore in big enough chunks to make a difference. An hour here or forty mins there is not enough to even bother firing up the phase converter and laying out the tools. Plus, if you go too long between visits to the same set-up (IE more than an hour or so), you start to forget the numbers you had in your head and you have to go back and re-verify the measurements to be sure you don't make a crap-up and ruin someone else's parts.

All in all, it just boils down to me being very busy. When I get a chance to work on them though, I certainly will. I want to deliver these markers just as much (if not more) than you guys want to have them in your hands.

You can trust me on that one.

Well, #1) He has to PM me and tell me that. It's the only way that I know for sure the spot has changed hands.

AND

#2) I need both of your real names, and your shipping address before I can say when who how or even what.

Do those two things and I'll let you know.

Email and PM senta few days ago. Let me know.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    I just talked to luke, and he is a no go. After talking to a few others here they said that the reason it hasn't been done offen/before is that there is not much "meat" after removing the stock feedneck to allow for a threaded one. After Jay gets back from vacation I am going to pick his brain to see if he wants to give it a shot.
    Thanks for the input
    -Josh
    Doc Nickel can do it. He did it to his own classic mag a couple years ago.

zackzel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Karta body and blue Xvalve sent thursday.
    I am sooo excited !
    And I thought I was going to have the only karta body one. Oh well at least I will get a preview of what mine is going to look like first.

Quote Originally Posted by RFLMN1
    Email and PM senta few days ago. Let me know.

Jason
    I didn't get a PM from you.

However, I do believe I've got an email with your name on it.

Does your last name start with a 'D'?

Hey Coolhand, thanks for recommending Tarantula to me. I got a hold of him and he should be getting the borg soon....I'll let you know how it turns out in a few months when it's done.

Hey Coolhand, thanks for recommending Tarantula to me. I got a hold of him and he should be getting the borg soon....I'll let you know how it turns out in a few months when it's done.
    Glad to hear it.

I hate missing out on cool projects, but I'm just not in a possition right now where it's smart to take on any more work.

I didn't get a PM from you.

However, I do believe I've got an email with your name on it.

Does your last name start with a 'D'?

Yes
    Jason Davis

Anyone looking to bail out on their spot?

good idea LOL

Ya never know!

If not, I can always wait for one of the last 10. I'm a patient guy.

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    Ya never know!

If not, I can always wait for one of the last 10. I'm a patient guy.
    See, he's the smart one.

Jump on the bandwagon when the frames are getting closer to completion

I bought a pre-order, and had to sell it cos i couldnt wait :P

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    See, he's the smart one.

Jump on the bandwagon when the frames are getting closer to completion

I bought a pre-order, and had to sell it cos i couldnt wait :P
    I bought a pre-order October 2005.
    But just wait big one, there will be a few fall on hard times, or quit paintball,
    and they will sell their completed markers.
    You can snap one up then.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    I bought a pre-order October 2005.
    But just wait big one, there will be a few fall on hard times, or quit paintball,
    and they will sell their completed markers.
    You can snap one up then.
    Yeah, if it falls on one of the rare occasions i have money :P

??

is this still in the preoder phase?
    if so how many are on the list currently?
    Last edited by zipity_Bop; 01-29-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zipity_Bop
    is this still in the preoder phase?
    if so how many are on the list currently?
    No, you can only get one by purchasing a spot from someone trying to get off the preorder, as there are no refunds, this would help out someone who needs cash...

Not sure on the total number 20something?

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    No, you can only get one by purchasing a spot from someone trying to get off the preorder, as there are no refunds, this would help out someone who needs cash...

Not sure on the total number 20something?
    The number is 15.

There are ten (10) more to sell when those 15 are done, but I'll not sell any more until the first 15 are delivered.

On the up side, I actually cleaned this weekend, though there is at least one more weekend's worth of cleaning to go.

But hey, progress is progress, and it looks like next weekend will indeed be free to spend on the effort.

Huzzah!

The number is 15.

There are ten (10) more to sell when those 15 are done, but I'll not sell any more until the first 15 are delivered.

On the up side, I actually cleaned this weekend, though there is at least one more weekend's worth of cleaning to go.

But hey, progress is progress, and it looks like next weekend will indeed be free to spend on the effort.

Huzzah!

Well, guys, it looks like I have a sale pending on my marker (#2). Just waiting on funds. Ryan, as soon as the sale is complete I will PM you the buyer's info so we may get everything straight between you and he.

Thanks for everything!
    Email: gregkwong@phurious.com, AIM: Phurious, YAHOO: KomputrKnurd

My Good Guys List: Donggie, HungSolo, Sygyzy, MiCRoFooL, Mister .44, Kicker35, Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Phurious
    Well, guys, it looks like I have a sale pending on my marker (#2). Just waiting on funds. Ryan, as soon as the sale is complete I will PM you the buyer's info so we may get everything straight between you and he.

Thanks for everything!
    Allright man, sorry to see you go.

Hope you got what you were asking for it.