Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Allright man, sorry to see you go.

Hope you got what you were asking for it.

Spot #2 is cursed

I'm still kicking myself for selling it.

Patience is king, or at least thats all I have to cling to since optimism at spot ~13 is hard to come by

quit reading really interesting and long articles on vista and get to work lol
    embargo backwards = o grab me

"Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do." -Larry The Cable Guy

Dragun Drallion, nexus kit, tickler, e2, pysco 5" drop w/ on off, macroline, A+ bolt and back block, Oydessy 3 barrel kit, armson stealth, 15* ASA, Kapp pump arm, Black Magic, warp feed w/ 12v upgrade, halo b w/ vic&rip, 91/4500 bulldog

Tippmann 98C ebolt, lp kit, m-16 kit, palmer stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlend2786
    Spot #2 is cursed

I'm still kicking myself for selling it.
    I think this curse is ended. lol

smilestyler,

Received the money order today, thanks. I will PM Ryan and give him the details, good luck to you and all the others!
    Email: gregkwong@phurious.com, AIM: Phurious, YAHOO: KomputrKnurd

My Good Guys List: Donggie, HungSolo, Sygyzy, MiCRoFooL, Mister .44, Kicker35, Zinn

PM received.

I cleaned last weekend, most of the clutter is now stowed. Likely one more weekend of clean-up before I can actually use the machine shop again, but it is mostly sorting cutting tools and useful stuff now, not unearthing them from under a pile of crap that can technically be classified as geological strata.

Today I got about 20% through installing the DRO on my new mill. I didn't have long to work today because it took most of the day for the temp inside to get up into the realm where your tongue won't stick to a flagpole anymore. I left the heat on tonight so I can work most of the day tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the DRO install finished, at least if all goes well.

So that leaves one more weekend of cleaning, and one weekend of machine repair to finish installing the new coolant pump on the CNC machine and to reassemble the compound on the lathe.

When I get those few things done, I'll be back ready to do some actual work on markers again.

I'm sorry it's taking so long, I just don't get much time off anymore, so two days out of every seven is all I can muster, and even then I sometimes have other obligations that intrude

I swear I am never letting that shop get into that big of a mess again. Jeez, I couldn't believe how big of a sty it was.

At least progress is being made though. When I get the cleaning finished, I' taking pics to document the occasion. I haven't seen this much concrete in there literally for years.

Semi productive weekend.

I mostly reassembled my lathe (which I can now sell), and I am about 90% done with the DRO install. The project stalled out for lack of the correct sized counter bore.

But oh baby am I close. I can taste it man, all that positional accuracy and advanced trig functions. And boy, does it taste good.

Thumbs up YEAH BABY>>>

Semi productive weekend.

I mostly reassembled my lathe (which I can now sell), and I am about 90% done with the DRO install. The project stalled out for lack of the correct sized counter bore.

But oh baby am I close. I can taste it man, all that positional accuracy and advanced trig functions. And boy, does it taste good.

I can almost hear that blue karta spraying paint now

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    I can almost hear that blue karta spraying paint now
    Indeed.

I have to work the day job tomorrow, but hopefully I will have enough steam left in the afternoon to finish the DRO install.

So close . . . . . .

zackzel Guest
    Indeed.

I have to work the day job tomorrow, but hopefully I will have enough steam left in the afternoon to finish the DRO install.

So close . . . . . .

Coolhand glad to hear its still coming along. And I've probalby said it before but thanks for the updates. I feel secure with you having my money and know I am going to get a great finished product. I in no way feel like you stole my money like some others. Keep on trucking and you should be on number 5 soon

I got the Z axis scale mounted today, but that's all I had in me.

I only have the scale guard left to fabricate and install, and it's done.

Maybe I'll get it finished tomorrow.

Then I've got to make a hole for it and get it wired in, and it'll be usable.

Huzzah!

I really have to stop reading this thread, it gets me excited everytime I do.

Question Whats New ?>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    I really have to stop reading this thread, it gets me excited everytime I do.
    Remember that song "Anticipation" by Carly Simon ?
    They used it back in the 70's on a Heinz ketchup TV commercial.
    We are just waiting for the stuff to drip out of the bottle.

Yeah, dude, you are.

I'm not torturing you guys on purpose. I'm working my *** off, just not on paintball stuff.

When I'm already working 60 hr weeks it's pretty hard to sneak in 15 hrs in the machine shop.

I have been chipping away at my maintenance and repair problems as weekend time allows, and I'm making GCode and tool lists when I still have steam left after work when I get home.

But I gotta tell you guys, it's pretty tough to try and create decent GCode when you've been staring at a CAD display for 10 hrs.

I'm not running off, I answer questions and basically every single post or email I get, and still I get static and the rolleyes.

I will deliver the products you paid for, but it's going to have to be on my schedule. I can't just bow out of the day job for a month and bang them all out, I'm sorry.

Home, I understand that you're frustrated, and that you paid extra to be first, but it's not like I'm doing everyone else's and not yours. EVERYONE is waiting, just like you, and for that I am profoundly sorry. This sort of thing is EXACTLY why I told you all going in that it could take years to get them finished.

You should be happy that I have this day job, otherwise I'd have gone bankrupt on this project long ago.

To date, I have spent just under $16,000 on this project. I have collected ~$8500 from the preoders. That means that I am now at about $7500 out of my own pocket to make this project happen.

Just remember that I have at least as much in this as all of you do, when you get to thinking that I'm just trying to screw you. If I don't ship these 15 and sell the other 10, I lose my ***, and but good too. It is just as much in MY best interest as yours to get this thing wrapped up, but I can only do so much in a week.

Thumbs up

You misunderstood. I am just excited !
    I wasnt meaning it as pressure at all.

You misunderstood. I am just excited !
    I wasnt meaning it as pressure at all.
    Well then, I seem to have jumped on you without reason.

Sorry, but now you can see just how frazzled I really am.

Hang in there guys, I'll get through 'em eventually.

Well then, I seem to have jumped on you without reason.

Sorry, but now you can see just how frazzled I really am.

Hang in there guys, I'll get through 'em eventually.
    You need someone to help you.

Go to a local vocational school, and find a kid who wants a part time job.

Or find a down and out machinist
    Last edited by behemoth; 03-05-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    You need someone to help you.

Go to a local vocational school, and find a kid who wants a part time job.

Or find a down and out machinist
    I wish it was that easy.

Folks paid for parts made by me. Now, granted, I'm no master machinist, but I can't hire a monkey and turn him loose on the project. Plus, with my luck, he'd mangle himself and end up owning my machine shop by the time the lawyers were done with me.

No thank you sir.

I wish it was that easy.

Folks paid for parts made by me. Now, granted, I'm no master machinist, but I can't hire a monkey and turn him loose on the project. Plus, with my luck, he'd mangle himself and end up owning my machine shop by the time the lawyers were done with me.

No thank you sir.
    fine then, hire a stunt double to do your dayjob
    jus' throwin' out ideas

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    fine then, hire a stunt double to do your dayjob
    jus' throwin' out ideas
    Yeah, now that's an idea.

Like multiplicity, but this time I'd clone a hot chick too (hey, grumpy engineers need lovin' too ).

I'd even keep the copy of a copy, 'cause every court needs a jester, Steve.

In all honesty, what I really need is five days on, five days off, and nights that last 18 hrs. Three or four weeks of that and I could have all kinds of stuff done, AND I'd be well rested for the first time in over a year.

Oh well. Speaking of sleep, Ima go crash now, get a head start on it.

Later dudes, keep the faith.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Ive tried to talk everyone into 34hr days. It hasnt worked thus far. Good luck.

Like multiplicity, but this time I'd clone a hot chick too (hey, grumpy engineers need lovin' too

LOL,... wouldnt that mean you would be @#$&%$ urself???

If I give you the 8k you need to kick the gears,... does that mean that my name goes to the top of the list and GH gets bumped??

Question 8K AYE?>>>

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    LOL,... wouldnt that mean you would be @#$&%$ urself???

If I give you the 8k you need to kick the gears,... does that mean that my name goes to the top of the list and GH gets bumped??
    Just give me the 8k and you can have my number one spot for the blue Karta electro-pneumatic Logic A-BOMB !

Progress was made today.

Huzzah!

I'm too tired to type up another big reply to post here too, go read it over at Tinkering Tech.

Click Here to Read About It and See Pics

Tomorrow I go back to try and get the CNC machine buttoned up.

We are quickly approaching the point where I can actually begin to do useful work again.

Ain't that a novel idea?

Made a little progress today, check the link above to read about exactly what I did.

Not really much to report, stalled out due to lack of an elbow.

Getting close though guys, very close.

Coolhand;

Your shop, is that at your house?

Pretty nice setup!

My brother wanted to know what type of engines were on the second floor.

If they are something you wanted to get rid of,.. PM me some specs. Hes looking for engines for his Chevelle to rebuild.

Coolhand;
    I'd like to know when you are getting that imca ready to race again.

I just finished lettering one race car and have 5 more to do, 1 imca, 1 late model, and the other 3 im not sure what they are driving this year yet. I raced karts until I was 18 and had to start footing the bill on my own and my dad raced street stock from the time he was 16 until he got a harley about 6 or 7 years ago. If I think if I could build me a race car, imca would be the way to go, having those little tires to hook up seems like it would really even out the field.

Coolhand;

Your shop, is that at your house?

Pretty nice setup!

If they are something you wanted to get rid of,.. PM me some specs. Hes looking for engines for his Chevelle to rebuild.

Nah, it's about five miles away in the little town I live next to. It is a dandy shop. 50'x75' with 16' eaves. It's a hold over from when my old man owned a construction company. Our offices are attached to the one side too. I split the mortgage payment with him and all my machine tools live there. It's a nice building to be sure. One of the first steel buildings we ever built.

The motor on the roll around stand is a sb chevy 355 cid. It'd not be much good in a street car though, what with the cam that's in it and the compression ratio (IIRC that one is 16:1) we ran for alcohol. The one on the floor stand is a sb chevy too, but that one is 412 cid, which is even worse for the street. Roller cam, 19:1 compression, etc. They're not for the street, and really, they're not for sale either. I can put you in touch with my engine builder though, he's a miracle worker. That little motor is a peach, stock block, and late sixties corvette heads (which he massaged, shall we say), it makes about 450 hp and will turn 6000 rpm and stay in one piece quite happily. The big motor is a real bullet 650 hp, stock two bolt block with splayed 4 bolt caps, brodix steel heads (again, massaged, though mildly to keep the stock 400 block in one piece). I believe the correct terminology is "That motor's got balls." lol Over a 5.43 gear, it'll pin your ears back for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    I'd like to know when you are getting that imca ready to race again.

I just finished lettering one race car and have 5 more to do, 1 imca, 1 late model, and the other 3 im not sure what they are driving this year yet. I raced karts until I was 18 and had to start footing the bill on my own and my dad raced street stock from the time he was 16 until he got a harley about 6 or 7 years ago. If I think if I could build me a race car, imca would be the way to go, having those little tires to hook up seems like it would really even out the field.
    We used to run the NASCAR Open Modified Class up at Capital Speedway in Holt Summit MO. That place is a subdivision now, mores the pitty, it was a hoot. 2300 lb cars, basically no motor rules (aluminum heads, roller cams, rev kits, you name it, we ran a 434 thumper then which cranked nearly 800 hp), the track was ridiculous, 3/8 mile dirt oval, about 120 mph getting down into the corners, like flying a fighter plane inside a gymnasium. Man was it a hoot. When it shut down, we moved down to Lebanon I-44 Speedway in Lebanon MO to run the IMCA Modified class. They took an asphalt race track and laid dirt down over the high banks. THAT place was a trip now. 26 degs of banking ON DIRT. You could run five wide and have room to spare. Only ran there about half of a season though, got too busy with school and the money started to tighten up on me, so we bowed out. That was three summers ago. Haven't been in a race car since.

Though I do miss it something awful, I'm not running one again until I can afford the time and money to run a full season some place, and mean it. New tires every week, new shocks every six weeks, new motor at mid-season, new chassis every year, etc. A man can only run mid-pack for so long before he become irritated with being outspent.

That chassis on the mezzanine is my favorite, it's a 2000 model Sardeson racing two link car, built on a 68'-72' Chevelle frame. Old school baby, no need for that metric crap. lol There's another Sardeson there, hiding in the paint room over behind the orange VMC, it's a 2002 Sardeson swing arm car. Look real close and you can see the front down tubes poking out of that big door opening under the mezzanine.

I tell you what, honestly, I hate those damned IMCA tires. The only thing they do well is hold air. We used to run some McCreary Speeds that were very nice, and didn't leak too bad. We've also run Hoosiers that we awesome, but literally leaked right through the sidewalls so quickly that you set your pressures JUST before you rolled off for the pace lap. Man those were some bad *** tires though. I've got pictures somewhere that show my car laid over in the corner with the rear tires deflected so much that the contact patch AND the entire outside sidewall were on the ground and digging. One heat race was enough to wear all the letters off the outside sidewall of them Hoosiers. But man did they ever bite. Like havin' gumballs on the rims.

Those American Racers that IMCA makes you run suck hard. They're hard, the sidewalls are stiff, and they take a glaze faster than KrispyKreems ( ). I hates em. But whaterya gonna do, eh?

I've wanted to run a Late Model for some time now, but since I can't really afford to run a Modified, a Late Model is basically out of the question by default.

Oh well. I've got it pretty damned good here, so I ain't gonna ***** too loud.

I know next to nothing about cars or trucks,... jeeps are a little more familiar to me.

My brother got into some legal trouble and has since then turned his life around and bought the Chevelle when my dad saw it one day driving his route for Pepsi.

My dad stopped in and looked at it, talked to the guy and told him all about how he used to have one exaclty like this, how it was a different color then, etc.

So my brother ends up purchasing it for a way to have something for his later years and well as learn to work on a wonderful car with my father as it was his pride and joy when he was in high school.

My brother goes to register the car and to have someone look over the thing for markings of what pieces where original and what were not. My mother pulls out the photo album of my dad and her standing next to the car that afternoon, in the album was my father receipt of ownership, along with the last remaining NH DMV registration for his car.

Where having coffee in the kitchen waiting for my sister and her husband to come see the car when my mother starts SCREAMING!!!

We all run into the kitchen and there is my mom waving the registration slips in the air saying, "Its the same car!!! The same! Its your old car Jack!!!!!"

What are the odds of that!?? Seriously! The car is infact the exact same body, tranny, and a few other parts as my fathers original car. The engine was replaced by my father when he first bought the car so that is long gone. My brother was blessed by the guy who sold it as he took the time to track down a original 396 SS engine for that year and install it with the OEM parts to match.

My brother wants to eventually track down the engine that came from the car originally.
    Right now he is VERY interested in getting a crated engine to replace the one he has. He would like to remove the existing engine, restore it in full, and install a new engine.

He has already purchased the orginal rims and tires for the year and model.

If you would send the information on your "engine god", he would be very happy to talk to someone whom may be able to help him.

Well, Jim isn't really a restoration kind of guy. He builds race motors, and he rebuilds working motors, but you'll not get a restored piece out of him.

Hell, up until the fourth or fifth motor I had him build, he wouldn't even paint the damned block. I ragged on him for years about that, spend just under $12k on a motor, and it don't even come with rustoleum paint on the block to keep it from rusting. I still give him **** about that to this day.

My suggestion is to find a house that does restorations for a living. They're the only ones who'll know exactly what bearing, paint daubs, etc that it needs to be correct.

Good luck finding back your original block, those BB chevy blocks are very popular to drag racers and hot rodders the nation over. Chances are it's either in a race car some place, setting in a salvage yard or an engine builders back room waiting to be bought by a racer, or broken and sold for scrap long ago.

That is one hell of a coincidence to accidentally buy back your dad's car though.

I understand the motivation though, my old man has a '69 Camero SS 396 Convertible, with 4 spd tranny and a posi from the factory. Hugger orange, white interior, black dash and carpet, white top. All original, he bought it brand new in 1969 when he graduated high school. It's in damned good shape for being so old and original, and it still runs like a mad bastard, but it really needs to be taken down to the frame an restored correctly.

Saw one just like it (except for a less rare color) sell at Barret Jackson for over a quarter mil, restored of course. The unfortunate fact is though, that a restoration done right will cost half that at least.

He's just looking for a new engine to drop in and take his 396 out.

He wants MASSIVE HP.

Someone did the Chev up as a drag, and the guyhe bought it from started replacing the drag stuff piece by piece with OEM parts.

I personally do not want to see a newer big block in it, but hes only doing it to learn, keep the "electronic junk" out of the car, and keep everything but the "under hood" original.

My aunt bought him a GT Grant stearing wheel for it for x-mas and he took it back and put the money towards the engine. The wheel was not orignial. He didnt like that.

The paint is needed of a redo, it is in better shape than most. Its the Lamanz Blu (sp?) which was the color before my father had it painted for racing.

He wants a big block, hes got money to spend on it only because its his renewal on life right now. My father told him about some old station wagon that comes with a Hemi in it stock, but the headers were turned horizontal. He would LOVE to get an engine like that and rebuild it too.

If ur buddy does crated engines and has something without all the electronics,... my brother said he would definately entertain the option to buy.

I dump my money into my rifle when I can, thats my money pit. Paintball is a close second.