Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Me no gottee video, sorry.
    (only video I have is 1.3mp cell phone video, not the best)
    If the coolmeister wants to make one when he's done with it thats up to him.

Heres his prototype graphed at 20bps with paint :

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UEF-WithPaint.avi

i don't want to see the marker ... i want to see coolhand doing his on video
    that will change me from seeing all those girls dancin in the strip club i work every w-e

Thumbs down WHOA NELLIE>>>

Quote Originally Posted by grominou69
    i don't want to see the marker ... i want to see coolhand doing his on video
    that will change me from seeing all those girls dancin in the strip club i work every w-e
    Now that was just wrong.
    The mental picture....I am scarred for life.

Short update time.

The new spindle is in, and the gearbox is reassembled with new bearings. That's the good news. The bad news is that now the damned thing is not shifting as smoothly as it should be (I'm hoping that it's just a little dry and will loosen up with a little more use and lube), and I have a rubbing bearing shield that has to come out. Luckily it's right at the top of the stack, so there aren't many parts to pull to get to it.

Once that irritation is dealt with, I can run the spindle in, then reassemble the enclosure (hopefully water tight this time), and build my new sliding door system to seal the deal (ha pun ).

Two more weekends of work at least, maybe three, but then I do believe she will be done and ready to make chips again.

I've been using this lag time to ponder on your fixturing needs Home, and I think I may have it licked finally. We shall see how it goes. If this go 'round doesn't turn out well, I may need to bow out of the eye installs on anything but ULE bodies in order to expedite this project some.

I know that's a poor solution, but I'd rather not do anything at all, rather than turn out work that is half-assed and looks the part. However, that said, I will only resort to this if all my other options fail miserably.

On a slightly OT note, is it hotter than hell where you all are? It's been 100+ Deg F all week here in MO. Damned August.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    On a slightly OT note, is it hotter than hell where you all are? It's been 100+ Deg F all week here in MO. Damned August.
    It was 105 degrees in Columbus NC today (I saw it on the tv at lunch)

Thats pretty damn hot if u ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    It was 105 degrees in Columbus NC today (I saw it on the tv at lunch)

Thats pretty damn hot if u ask me!
    104 nashville tn

Wink Not Too Awfully Bad Here

High---80°F------93°F----95°F----96°F----95°F----96°F----97°F
    Low----77°F------73°F----73°F----75°F----77°F----77°F----77°F
    Precip--1.35in.---0 in-----0 in.----0 in.----0 in.----0.13in--0 in.
    Date---Thu-------Fri------Sat------Sun-----Mon----Tue-----Wed
    ----------2---------3--------4--------5-------6-------7---------8

Thats from weather dot com for sparkling downtown Valrico.
    Felt hotter than it was because of the humidity.
    Some days the humidity feels like you could cut it with a knife.
    But then again I'd rather have it hot than cold, I'm allergic to that evil white stuff.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!

Felt hotter than it was because of the humidity.
    Some days the humidity feels like you could cut it with a knife..
    The beauty of living in Colorado.

But then again I'd rather have it hot than cold, I'm allergic to that evil white stuff.

The flip side.

rained last night so 106 and 90% humidity in Knoxville. I feel sorry for those who are at band camp from 9-9
    embargo backwards = o grab me

"Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do." -Larry The Cable Guy

Dragun Drallion, nexus kit, tickler, e2, pysco 5" drop w/ on off, macroline, A+ bolt and back block, Oydessy 3 barrel kit, armson stealth, 15* ASA, Kapp pump arm, Black Magic, warp feed w/ 12v upgrade, halo b w/ vic&rip, 91/4500 bulldog

Tippmann 98C ebolt, lp kit, m-16 kit, palmer stabilizer

Yeah, tell me about it.

It's been 107 Degs here for the last week straight, and not a drop of rain in sight.

Personally, I'm on strike from the shop until it cools down. Everything is harder to do when it's that hot. The machines all hate me when they're that hot, hell even I hate me when it's that hot.

Nosir, I like you lot, but not that much.

If it rains like it's supposed to later on today, I might run into town and re-level the CNC, assuming the temp dips below 90 deg afterwards. This is Missouri though, so there's no guarantee that the former will cause the latter.

It's gotta cool off eventually though, I'll not be denied my shop time forever.

yea its been like that here in kansas too, down in the motorpool, even with ac its still around 100..

Yeah, tell me about it.

It's been 107 Degs here for the last week straight, and not a drop of rain in sight.

Personally, I'm on strike from the shop until it cools down. Everything is harder to do when it's that hot. The machines all hate me when they're that hot, hell even I hate me when it's that hot.

Nosir, I like you lot, but not that much.

If it rains like it's supposed to later on today, I might run into town and re-level the CNC, assuming the temp dips below 90 deg afterwards. This is Missouri though, so there's no guarantee that the former will cause the latter.

It's gotta cool off eventually though, I'll not be denied my shop time forever.

Question Karta Eye Covers

What was the outcome of the karta eye covers ?
    Just wondering.....

There is no guarantee on anything weather related here in missouri. Just had to post becuse for the first time in almost a month we finally got some rain saturday night. This weather has been killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    There is no guarantee on anything weather related here in missouri. Just had to post becuse for the first time in almost a month we finally got some rain saturday night. This weather has been killer!
    Yeah, Friday and Saturday was pretty nice. I spend both days out in the shop working on my enclosure, and now it is nearly finished. I still have to cut down, punch, and hang the rubber skirts as well as cut and assemble the sliding door track (but that can't be done until I reassemble it around the machine).

It sure did feel good to get out into the shop and DO something again. Broke out the welder and made sure I hadn't forgotten how to use one ( I hadn't , though a loose gas nozzle made me doubt myself for about an hour).

Home - Don't roll your eyes at me, sir. You'll end up with a pink and green tiger striped karta if you ain't careful!

Actually, things are going pretty well. I think I have your eye covers figured out (the process to cut them that is), but I still need to alter and post the code.

I've still got to pull the drawbar cylinder and kill that squealing bearing shield, but I think I'm going to do that on Fri or Sat night (of this week). It's slow, but it's progress. I'll take some pics when I get the head back together (the second time).

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Played paintball saturday.
    Almost died.
    It was way too stinking hot, and we had a gulley washer friday night so water was standing everywhere and humidity was insane.
    Made it where you almost couldnt breathe it was so humid.
    I have got to remember to go to Walgreens and get some salt pills.
    Drank lots of water but was still overheated and I think I sweated all the salt out
    of my body because I felt terrible the rest of the day, no matter how much water I drank.

We have been getting rain at night, here and there but it just raises humidity and makes it miserable for paintball.

Alright guys, I have more news, but it ain't the warm fuzzy kind.

I'm still battling issues with my CNC machine, and I'm busy as hell at the day job, so that's a weekend thing only for the foreseeable future.

This leads me to an unpleasant but necessary announcement:

I'm simply not going to be able to do the eye installs in a timely fashion, so I will not be doing them at all.

Anyone who paid for said service will get a refund check along with their frame.

The two or three guys who bought whole markers with ULE bodies will get the eye covers that I already have made, and a refund for the eye install.

I'm sorry for having to do this, but at this point, I want these frames done and in you alls hands. I will not have this turn into a devil mag part deux.

Home - Please PM me the ano colors you have in mind, so I can get your stuff off to Gruntbull next week sometime.

I will run down the list and see who else's stuff can go to ano as well, and dispatch emails confirming your ano choices in the next few days.

Once again, I am sorry to do this, but I don't really have any other options at the moment. I can either deliver a product that is 90% kick ***, and let you guys find other smiths with more time on their hands to do the eye installs, or wait ad infinitum while I get my various and sundry machine troubles ironed out.

Since the chances of a major crap up are greater the longer this goes on, I think it's best we cut bait and call it a day.

Once again, I am sorry to do this, but I don't really have any other options at the moment. I can either deliver a product that is 90% kick ***, and let you guys find other smiths with more time on their hands to do the eye installs, or wait ad infinitum while I get my various and sundry machine troubles ironed out..
    i recommend contacting Jared and Wilke @ DC. They did an eye install on the frame you sold Wilke way back when and are more than competent in doing the install for anyone that needs it - those guys rock! Just keep in mind, Jared just got married so he a) is going to be miserable and b) won't be around for 2 weeks or so.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

I bought a raw frame off Coolhand back awhile and finally got around to finishing it. The frame is awesome, very well designed. I got mine working with very little trouble (don't try and use a jackhammer LPR with a 1200 PSI input). Due to some financial commitments i have to sell it. If your looking for a full set up please take a look at my FS post.

Ryan thanks for taking the time to get these to market, i know how hard hard it is to get these kind of projects done while working full time. I finally finished the 04 excal milling after 3 years of setbacks and changes.

https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219768
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

Quote Originally Posted by rkjunior303
    i recommend contacting Jared and Wilke @ DC. They did an eye install on the frame you sold Wilke way back when and are more than competent in doing the install for anyone that needs it - those guys rock! Just keep in mind, Jared just got married so he a) is going to be miserable and b) won't be around for 2 weeks or so.
    You know, that's a hell of an idea.

Just so happens that Wilke is right there trying to sell his marker (which is very nice BTW).

I'm sure DC can do a hell of a job for anyone wanting an eye install done. I just do not have the time to futz with it, and this is literally the only thing holding these frames up at this point.

So, I'm kicking the little dutch boy's ***, pulling his finger out of the dam, and letting the ****er burst. Out with the water, this project needs to be finished.

If ano doesn't drag on and on, there is no reason we can't have these all shipped by the first of the new year.

Yeah, I said it, done by Jan 1.

It's something to shoot for at least.

Quick question :

Wilke = Gecko ?

Maybe we can get an estimate for all the ULE bodies at once.
    Last edited by smilestyler; 09-06-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    Quick question :

Wilke = Gecko ?

Maybe we can get an estimate for all the ULE bodies at once.
    He can do the eyes on the ULE body markers.
    I sent him a Karta body and rail, its those he cant do.
    I'm just going with a ULE instead myself.

I'm not worried about the Karta bodies

I'm not worried about the Karta bodies
    Well then you are good to go then, Coolhand can do them.
    You wont need DC.

The way I read it, he isn't doing any eye installs:

"I'm simply not going to be able to do the eye installs in a timely fashion, so I will not be doing them at all.

Anyone who paid for said service will get a refund check along with their frame.

The two or three guys who bought whole markers with ULE bodies will get the eye covers that I already have made, and a refund for the eye install."

The way I read it, he isn't doing any eye installs:

"I'm simply not going to be able to do the eye installs in a timely fashion, so I will not be doing them at all.

The two or three guys who bought whole markers with ULE bodies will get the eye covers that I already have made, and a refund for the eye install."
    You are correct.

I'm doing Home's marker because:

1) He paid to be first, and doing his eye install will actually hold his marker up, causing it to not be finished first as promised. That sucks IMO, so I'm gonna rob a rail off my classic and bang his out to try and make it up to him. It's still going to set him back, but at least this way I can do it all manually if I have to (IE in case the damned CNC still refuses to operate).

2) He's in a bind, and not technically inclined, so DIY isn't really an option. He'd much rather have a functional marker than the refund, so he can sell everything else.

So, in closing, I bought his cover story, and I'm helping him out. I can't do that for all of you, or we're right back where we started. The rest I will refund the money and deliver a frame with an eye harness so you can get them installed somewhere else.

DC or Luke will do a good job, and they have a lot more time (and more reliable equipment) than I do.

That all sounds fine to me. So when will #2 be ready to go to ano?

Ok guys, don't drown me with emails and PM's here.

I'm going to try to do the little bit of machine work they all need this weekend. I will start sending out color request PM's as soon as they are ready to go.

Please bear with me here. Things will move more quickly now, but I still need you all to be patient while I get this all sorted out.

Hang in there boys, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!

I'm going to try to do the little bit of machine work they all need this weekend. I will start sending out color request PM's as soon as they are ready to go.

Please bear with me here. Things will move more quickly now, but I still need you all to be patient while I get this all sorted out.

PM sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Smurf
    PM sent!
    Rotten Bastard . . . . .

Rotten Bastard . . . . .

I'm all giddy about this mag!

You know, I sent it before you said that, I'm such a sweetie, I wouldn't have gone against what you said.

Lightbulb