Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

OK, it is about time for an update.

Last weekend I modified the frames, this weekend I modified the ASA's that I needed for you all. In about an hour, I'm going to assemble the On/Off & LED daughter boards so they're ready when I need them.

If I have any steam left after that, I'm going to mock up a frame to measure out the trigger switch, cap, and battery lead lengths, so I can chop up and assemble all the wiring harnesses as well.

I'm also going to set down and compose the email asking guys about color choices. Hang in there, and check your anti-spam folders so it don't slip through.

The first guys to get the emails will be the frame kit only guys, followed in a little bit (couple of days to a week or so) by the complete marker guys. I still have to order some parts from AGD for you guys, hopefully they have what we need in stock.

I'll post pics from the shop today in a few mins.

Pics as promised.

I forgot to take pictures last weekend while I was working on the frames, just suffice to say that they are done. I did take a picture of the Sharp Mill while I was there though, it's just so damned shiny I couldn't help myself.

Here is the fixture and tools used to fix the ASA's. The machine shop that manufactured them for me didn't run the 1/2"-14 NPS threads deep enough into them, so a gas thru foregrip would not screw in far enough to seal. That was fixed using a custom made (by a buddy of mine with a crankshaft grinder) "super bottoming" tap that let me deepen the threads right down to the seal shoulder. Lots of lube and curse words went into this part of the project.

Closer view of same:

The fruits of the last two weekends work:

The other parts waiting to go to ano:

The damned board will only let me place five images in a single post.

Continued below. . . . . .

And we're back.

When I got home today, I dug out the parts and began assembling the On/Off daughter boards by soldering on the On/Off switch. Tomorrow I will try to get the LED's on there, then they will be ready to install in a frame.

Pieces all scattered out:

Assembly in process:

Switch being soldered to a board:

And the semi-finished product:

I will post more pictars when I get the LED's mounted, and/or if I do anything else of note.

Progress is slow and halting at times, but steady enough that you don't have to set pins to see it moving.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Sweet! Thanks for the update.

I don't know what all you are looking to order from AGD, but if they don't have it, hit me up. I just bought two milk crates full of AGD parts from a local paintball store, maybe I'll have it.

Two updates in the same weekend, WTF!?!

I got the LED's installed in the daughter boards today (well, all but four, I ran out of LED's). Huzzah!

Pics as promised.

Here you can see my complex assembly line process:

And another:

LED installed in the board, ready to be soldered:

Continued below because AO's board settings are gay . . . . .

And we're back.

Here are the finished daughter boards ready to bring a UEF to life:

One more:

And finally, here is a daughter board installed in a frame.

Side View:

From the top:

Another angle from the top (and closer):

That is all.

Will you be putting a membrane around the switch hole? Just wondering how bad it gets if paint gets in the switch hole. Your work looks good. I'm sure the new owners will be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by afortuna
    Will you be putting a membrane around the switch hole? Just wondering how bad it gets if paint gets in the switch hole. Your work looks good. I'm sure the new owners will be very pleased.
    Nope, WYSIWYG. Every marker I have ever modified to use a Predator board has used a similar switch in a similar location. Some of those installs would be about five years old now, and I've never heard of a failure.

It's an open switch, so the contacts are coated to prevent corrosion. If you get blasted right on the switch and it shorts out, a good rinsing and an air dry would put things back into order with little effort. We're talking tiny voltages and tiny currents here, the switches are highly over designed for this application (IE it's a lot stouter than we need it to be).

Plus, if they ever do go to hell, they're a standard stock item with both Mouser and Digikey, and they cost about $0.18 a piece, so they're cheap enough to replace should they tank unexpectedly.

gruntbull Guest
    Nice Mill Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by gruntbull
    Nice Mill Ryan!
    Thank you, it was money well spent.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Oh baby...

Satin black tuna valve....
    Ripper frame....
    Karta w/ 05 rail...
    ALL DUST BLACK!!!

Can't wait!

All righty then, I've just spent the last twelve (12) hours straight soldering.

To say that I'm tweaked out on solder fumes would be a dire understatement.

It been a long day, but I got all the trigger switch harnesses and all the daughter board harnesses made.

Anyway, here are some pics of the progress.

Lefthand side of the bench:

Righthand side of the bench:

Trigger Switch Harness:

Daughter Board Harness:

Here's a bag with all the harnesses stuffed inside:

I've got to ship packages tomorrow, so I may not get anything else done on this project this weekend. At least a big step was made.

Also, I'm having a hard time tracking down email addresses for some of you guys, so I need all of you with bolt on frame kits to please post your real name, your spot number, and your color choice.

Once again, Bolt On Frame people please post your real name, spot #, and color choice in this thread.

I would like to get this all nailed down so I can send the parts to ano by the end of week after next.

You guys waiting on whole markers, hang in there, you're next.

That is all.

Eric Stanchfield - purchased from lasrsktr
    Spot #8 I believe
    Dust black

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    You guys waiting on whole markers, hang in there, you're next.
    That is all.

bolt on frame

Colin Hanel
    Spot # 4
    All black

can't wait

I sure wished I would have gotten in on this

Quote Originally Posted by wooky
    I sure wished I would have gotten in on this

Im going to wait and steal one off the B/S/T forum and save a couple hundred. We know it wont be long.......

Order Number : 7813

M a t t Hirota
    spot # 7
    Black

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch
    Im going to wait and steal one off the B/S/T forum and save a couple hundred. We know it wont be long.......
    If anything I'd expect to see a slight spike in price because everyone has been waiting for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeWee
    If anything I'd expect to see a slight spike in price because everyone has been waiting for so long.

I see no reason for value to go down either.

Complete Logic Eframe Mag
    gone to the first person to offer $750 ot trade for 07 ego
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219768

Coolhand let me know if you want me to delete this post
    thanks
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Complete Logic Eframe Mag
    gone to the first person to offer $750 ot trade for 07 ego
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219768

Coolhand let me know if you want me to delete this post
    thanks
    No need, hell, there was a guy that was wanting one that posted just a day or two ago.

No update this weekend, I didn't hit a damned lick. A man's gotta have a day off every now and again.

My capacitors came today, so I can put the power and solenoid harnesses together now.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    No need, hell, there was a guy that was wanting one that posted just a day or two ago.

No update this weekend, I didn't hit a damned lick. A man's gotta have a day off every now and again.

But youre not supposed to be a man. You are supposed to be a relentless aluminum Terminator. Capable of 72 hour milling stints without food, water or, um, bowel releif

(its tough being the hero isnt it)

Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch
    But youre not supposed to be a man. You are supposed to be a relentless aluminum Terminator. Capable of 72 hour milling stints without food, water or, um, bowel releif

(its tough being the hero isnt it)
    LMAO

Bowel Relief. Does that include flatulance? 'Cause if so, that 72 hr thing ain't never gonna fly.

I'll put my big boy pants back on this coming weekend and bang out the rest of the wiring.

i am intrested in one of the bolt on frames....please pm me

if u have a spot for the preorder or anythign and are looking to bail, please contact me and coolhand per his instructions

thanks
    I LOVE MAGS ...and hate low pressure output tanks....and spyders

Well I couldnt resist, looks like I am getting back on the list.

Coolhand, I am sure you havnt been contacted yet, but you will after my marker gets to the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron
    Well I couldnt resist, looks like I am getting back on the list.

Coolhand, I am sure you havnt been contacted yet, but you will after my marker gets to the guy.
    That didn't take long, you just sold me your spot a couple of months ago.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by VeeWee
    That didn't take long, you just sold me your spot a couple of months ago.
    Poor Ryan, trying to keep up with you ladies, changing your minds every 5 minutes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Poor Ryan, trying to keep up with you ladies, changing your minds every 5 minutes. LOL

Yes I know ive made it confusing on coolhand, but this time mobsterboy made me an offer I couldnt refuse.

Anyone looking to sell their spot,... complete gun or bolt on frame,.. PM me!