Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by manwe33
    Nice to see some of these coming so close to being done.
    Question? Can we send you a different LPR or just change it when we get it?
    I kinda wanted to go with AKA LPR
    or do u think it will make a difference?
    The air flow requirements are very low, so just about any LPR will work.

If you like the looks of the AKA LPR better, I can certainly swap it out on yours instead of the MiniMaxFlo. It looks like I'll be a little short on black LPR's anyway, so buying another from AKA will actually help that problem a little bit.

Your call, just let me know what you want to do.

Are you waiting on one of these Bolt-on's, or do you have a whole marker coming?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand

If you like the looks of the AKA LPR better, I can certainly swap it out on yours instead of the MiniMaxFlo. It looks like I'll be a little short on black LPR's anyway, so buying another from AKA will actually help that problem a little bit.

Are you waiting on one of these Bolt-on's, or do you have a whole marker coming?
    I just looked on their site and didnt see any .
    What do they look like ?

Go here and look at the one the farthest to the left:

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-b...ode=REGULATORS

That's the AKA SCM III. They only come in satin black.

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)

Thanks i would love the AKA. I just love the way the aka looks. Plus i am a aka fan. i have spot number 10. Full marker. i have my body at jared dc right now getting the eyes and eye covers done. I guess i am the last one you have to deal with. So i am just waiting in the background. letting you make the mistakes on all the other markers and get mine perfect thanks for the updates. i cant wait.

One more thing could i run a sidewinder. give it a little more sleeper look. Just a thought.

Go here and look at the one the farthest to the left:

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-b...ode=REGULATORS

That's the AKA SCM III. They only come in satin black.

Any of them will work fine for me. No preference.
    I want mine in dust or gloss black or black something.

Thanks i would love the AKA. I just love the way the aka looks. Plus i am a aka fan. i have spot number 10. Full marker. i have my body at jared dc right now getting the eyes and eye covers done. I guess i am the last one you have to deal with. So i am just waiting in the background. letting you make the mistakes on all the other markers and get mine perfect thanks for the updates. i cant wait.

One more thing could i run a sidewinder. give it a little more sleeper look. Just a thought.
    If a sidewinder can reliabley put out 60-80 psi, then yes, we can figure out a way to make yours use a sidewinder instead of an LPR.

Like you said, it's going to be last anyway.

OK, update time, then I'm crashing for about ten hours.

I got not one, but two (count 'em) TWO more frames done today. That leaves just two to do tomorrow, so I might actually get these first six polished off this weekend.

I still have to read the Chaos manual and do the programming, but once I get the PC software sorted out and configured, that should go pretty fast. With any luck at all, these six frames will be shipping next weekend.

Picward HO!

First I knocked out the last four wiring harnesses. I wanted to get all the soldering done so I could be finished with the fumes and crap for a while:

Then I put the leads onto the solenoids:

After that I started on assembling the third frame:

AO still makes me break the pics out into more than one post.

More to follow . . . . .

If a sidewinder can reliabley put out 60-80 psi, then yes, we can figure out a way to make yours use a sidewinder instead of an LPR.

Like you said, it's going to be last anyway.
    That is about what my vikings run at so i think we will be safe. cant wait ill do some homework on it.

That makes three done now:

Then I started in on number four (at about 10:45pm):

Finally, at about 1:20am I got number four done:

Hopefully I'll be posting some more pics later today, but right now I must sleep.

That is all.

That is about what my vikings run at so i think we will be safe. cant wait ill do some homework on it.
    No, your Vikings recock at 70 psi. That's the LPR's output. The sidewinder on a Viking will run about ~200 psi.

I've never tried to run a sidewinder at such a low pressure, I don't know how it will flow.

No, your Vikings recock at 70 psi. That's the LPR's output. The sidewinder on a Viking will run about ~200 psi.

I've never tried to run a sidewinder at such a low pressure, I don't know how it will flow.
    Ok home work time. i a pneumatics mag i am working on. Ill try and get a side winder to work on it. If not i could go with the Plamer reg that people are using on there pneumaticmag. Anyways get job on those frames its nice to see them about done. There aregoing to be some sexy beasts running around this summer. Are you planing on selling any gutted frames. do u have any left over. if so let me know.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Looking good!

Bad news fellows. In my sleep deprived haze last night, I forgot that I had used the last two #10-32 hose barbs I had to assemble those two frames I did last night.

I ordered some more from AirSoldier three or four days ago, so hopefully they will arrive on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

So today I did as much assembly as I could on the last two frames and now they wait for the hose barbs to show up so I can finish them.

I'm gonna spend the rest of the day puzzling out the programming software.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    sent you a PM coolhand.

Those are great, Im kicking myself for not taking someone's preorder spot wheni had the opportunity.

These are going to be awesome!

Here's where we sit at the end of the day today.

Bolt-On frame #5 is about 75% done:

Bolt-On frame #6 is also about 75% done:

Here's the whole batch as it sets right now:

That is all until I get the hose barbs from ASP.

At any rate, progress has been made. Huzzah!

No joy on the hose barbs today.

The mail didn't run because of MLK day, so it likely won't be there tomorrow either.

Hopefully Wed will have better news.

Sorry guys.

Well, the hits just keep on comin' folks.

I figured out the programming software (which was exceptionally easy as it turned out), but a new problem has arisen.

When I bought these boards, Goldie made no mention of the fact that they only output 5V to the solenoid, instead of just switching battery voltage like the Predators used to. I found this out couple of weeks ago after someone on here posted a little "heads up" which prompted me to do some digging.

Well, I thought maybe I'd better check and make sure they were going to actually shift the solenoids before I shipped anything, so I wired up a harness and proceeded to try and energize a coil to see if I could get a click out of the little bastard. Pull the trigger, and I get . . . . . . . silence.

Perfect.

So, I am curious as to if the board is outputting anything at all, so I wire up the solenoid output leads to my multi-meter and switch the board mode to FA so I can get a fairly constant reading of the output voltage. I found that board to be putting out only 2.2V. Uh Oh. So I checked another. 2.21V, and another 1.26V, and another 1.49V, and another 1.38V and so on, until I had checked all 19 boards that were not already inside a frame. The results? One (1) board out of nineteen (19) output even remotely close to 5V (the last one I tested put out 4.75V).

At this point I'm pretty pissed (about 8:30pm last night), and I go over to Goldie's website to put in a support ticket. At least this time his guy responded in a timely fashion.

So here's the deal:

1) The first run of Chaos 2k6 boards they did were built with the incorrect or faulty mosfets, which makes them do what mine are doing.
    2) I have to send them back to Goldie, at which point he will either repair or replace them with 2k7 boards.
    3) This is going to take more than a week. Goldie is having some sort of surgery, so he's out of action for the rest of this week for sure, and then he has to actually fix the boards (unless he decides they're a lost cause and replaces them), which will also takes time. He ships USPS which means at least ten days in transit (counting both ways together).
    4) With that in mind, I am going to try and pressure him into just replacing the things from stock to keep our turn around time as low as possible.
    5) If the one close to good board will cycle its solenoid, would you all rather I sent it back with the others, or completed one frame and got it shipped on time? I'd draw the name of one of the six guys from a hat to try to be fair about it, so I want to hear from all of you on that front.

This REALLY sucks. A lot. A huge amount. Like a two dolla hooker.

So, this brings me to a fork in the road.

I cannot deliver all of the frames this coming weekend, as they are useless without a board to drive them. For that I am very sorry, but it's out of my hands at this point. I will do my very best to irritate Goldie into making the turnaround as short as possible.

However, what I CAN do is move on to the first two full markers in line and get their ano started, so at least the project won't stall out totally.

If the wait gets to be ridiculous (like two years isn't ) on the boards, we may have to discuss other options, such as using a different board altogether. But since I have the better part of $2500 tied up in the boards I have now, I'm much rather that they did as they were supposed to.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how Goldie handles things.

For the record, at this point, I pretty much hate all PB electronics (and by association their creators), and wish I'd never gotten you all or me into this mess to start with.

Sorry guys, I just can't catch a break on these things.

I vote that you move onto the full markers

As far as the board set back goes, another 2 week delay is not that big of a deal in light of the whole time span of this project. I'm sure everybody will agree that we trust you with this, and you have kept us all updated, and we will keep on trusting you. The last thing you would want to do at this point is deliver a product that has issues, so keep up the good work.

Ryan;

I have the SAME problem with all my boards. I bought 2 and they BARELY push a MAC noid,.. wont even come close to driving an SMC 6volt noid with or without a cap.

I talked with Andy from Warped Airsmithing and he has the same problem.

Goldie told him it was the MOSFET for sure. <------ Link to the conversation on the white boards

The only offer I got was:

1. A new letter to the developer of the board (Richard) to see if it was a design flaw or a bad part. <---- he thinks its a bad part but who knows

2. Send in my 2k7 boards and get 2k4 boards for replacements <--- which wont help me since I have metal work to fit the 2k7 and not the 2k4

3. Wait till hes done his surgery and get a response back from his developer Richard.

I havent been on the "wait list" for as long as some of you guys,.. but Id say:

Build everything to the point where you need to wait for boards, get new boards, install new boards, ship frames and guns,... give yourself a Huzaaaah

~ P8nt

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    I vote that you move onto the full markers

As far as the board set back goes, another 2 week delay is not that big of a deal in light of the whole time span of this project. I'm sure everybody will agree that we trust you with this, and you have kept us all updated, and we will keep on trusting you. The last thing you would want to do at this point is deliver a product that has issues, so keep up the good work.

AMEN.

Full markers. that is my vote.

Alrighty then, that's where we'll go.

I will set down and compile my list-o-parts that I need to gather up for the full markers and start getting ano choices nailed down.

The hose barbs did not come today either, big surprise, but at this point that's the least of my troubles.

And seriously, thank you guys for being so patient with this obvious debacle of a project.

If I've learned nothing else from this experience it has been this:

If you cannot make it yourself, you cannot count on it. Period.

My two biggest stumbling blocks have always been anodizing and electronics. I've finally found a good anodizer (I hope, cross your balls on that one), but I cannot for the life of me find a reliable supplier of control boards.

I really wish the WAS Viking boards were not so damned big. Those things were perfect, easy to work on, easy to program, dependable, and cheap. But they're huge.

Oh well, it is what it is. Life rolls on.

I've spoke with Goldie about the boards, and it looks like I'm going to send them all in and let them test and replace the components to get the output up to battery voltage instead of just 5V.

This is a very good thing, but it might take more than two weeks. I would settle in for at least a month wait on the boards.

But that give me plenty of time to get at least two and maybe four of the complete markers at least off to ano, if not back from ano.

We'll get it, one way or another.

Hose barbs came today.

Nothing else of importance to report.

Coolhand,
    Are we supposed to email you about choice of ano colors on the whole guns? Or will you be contacting us?

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    Coolhand,
    Are we supposed to email you about choice of ano colors on the whole guns? Or will you be contacting us?
    I'll be contacting the first two guys shortly.

I got tangled up trying to troubleshoot these boards last week and didn't get it done.

I have found two new ways to not make the boards do what I need them to. Goldie and Defiance are working on a third and maybe a fourth currently.

Sorry for the news blackout, I've just been busy.

I got tangled up trying to troubleshoot these boards last week and didn't get it done.

I have found two new ways to not make the boards do what I need them to. Goldie and Defiance are working on a third and maybe a fourth currently.

So they did get a few done?

A few new ways???

Oh please tell me that the ones I got dont have even more problems

Hmmm,..... I think your going to hate paintball once these things are done Ryan!

~ P8nt

Talking