Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Quote Originally Posted by wooky
    CoolHand I am just checking in, I suppose all these babies are still spoken for? I still have cash for anyones spot!!

JLMK
    Wook
    Same here are there still gonna be extra frames available I know i talked to you about it before but I forgot what you had told me
    feedback
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=848340

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=davidsimpson&item=-1&frompage=222

Quote Originally Posted by zazzoo
    Same here are there still gonna be extra frames available I know i talked to you about it before but I forgot what you had told me
    I have ten (10) more kits to sell when this is all done.

First come, first served, until they are gone.

They'll be sold as semi-finished kits only though. I don't want to deal with another huge **** storm like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand

They'll be sold as semi-finished kits only though. I don't want to deal with another huge **** storm like this again.
    very understandable I'll keep checking to see when this gets done but if you would shoot me a pm when its all over with I would like a shot at one of the 10
    goodluck on finishing these up

I would be interested in one of the 10 down the road when they are available. keep me posted about them

Goldie sent me back a board that he thought he'd gotten fixed, but when I tested it, I got the same outcome as before, so I don't think we're really any better off yet.

Sorry I don't have better news on that front.

With the rain and crummy weather, I haven't gotten anything done out in the shop either.

Too cold for the CNC to operate correctly, and too damned wet and soft to get more propane into the tanks either (plus it's like $2.65 a gal right now).

Hopefully the weather will break this week or next and I can get something done.

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Well atleast something is happen.. I cant wait to get better weather my self. Drop a couple inchs of snow here yesterday... This weather sucks.

Just wondering if Jared got ahold of you about the eye covers for my body. He said he would try and contact you!

Quote Originally Posted by manwe33
    Well atleast something is happen.. I cant wait to get better weather my self. Drop a couple inchs of snow here yesterday... This weather sucks.

Just wondering if Jared got ahold of you about the eye covers for my body. He said he would try and contact you!
    He did.

Right now, he is waiting on me to supply him with a SuperULE rail, which I have not machined yet.

We're on the same page though, which is more than we had two weeks ago, so that's something at least.

Did any parts go to gruntbull yet?

He did.

Right now, he is waiting on me to supply him with a SuperULE rail, which I have not machined yet.

We're on the same page though, which is more than we had two weeks ago, so that's something at least.

Great that is prefect news!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler
    Did any parts go to gruntbull yet?
    No, they're waiting on me to get the SuperULE rails cut.

I'll do my damnedest to get at least a few cut this weekend.

I've got the GCode done, the tools pulled and ready to load, and the bar stock waiting in the rack, I just need the weather to cooperate for a couple of days in a row.

The CNC machine refuses to shift the gearbox or change tools when the ambient temp is below 65-70 degs F inside the shop. Differential heating causes the tools to stick in the spindle and fault out the control. When that happens, it's a start over from the beginning kind of problem, which makes it a big problem. Assuming I can actually physically remove the stuck toolholder from the spindle, I have to do so by hand, then reset the tool changer manually, drop the umbrella down and reload the rogue toolholder, jog back to a safe zone, and restart the program from the beginning (and then hope another tool doesn't stick the second time around). Basically, it makes it impossible to get anything done.

Same thing with the gear box in the head. The gears and bearings get warm with use, but the casting stays pretty much at ambient when it's cold (just not enough heat generated to keep up with the loss to the surrounding air, so the temp never really rises above ambient), so the shafts bind the shifter shuttle when it tries to shift into high gear. When it's cutting alum, I only ever use high gear, BUT in order to change tools, it has to down shift into low, index the spindle to change the tool, then shift back into high and spin up the new tool. If it can't get back into high for whatever reason, it faults out and we go back to the start again. It's not as involved a restart as the tool changer fault, but it still makes me restart the program from the beginning, and once again, basically makes it impossible to get anything done.

Ordinarily, I'd just crank up the heater for a day or so and let things warm up real good and stay there, but I ran out of propane about two or three weeks back, and it has literally been raining here ever since. That means there's no way to get a truck into the yard and around behind the shop to fill the tanks (it'd just sink up to the axles the instant it left the gravel drive, hell, I sink up to the axles when I walk out there). Couple that with propane that is ~$2.65 a gallon and two tanks totalling 1500 gals of capacity, and add in that it's nearly summer for good measure, and you find that the heat just ain't a gonna be running for a month or two at least.

When it gets above 70 degs F outside for a couple of days, I can get back in there and bang out some rails. Until then, we wait.

Sorry, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

If you haven't sent to gruntbull, and you have been speaking to Jared, is it too late to get the eyes installed? I can't seem to get a hold of him.

If you haven't sent to gruntbull, and you have been speaking to Jared, is it too late to get the eyes installed? I can't seem to get a hold of him.
    From what i know Jared has a months of work ahead of him. I would guess if he has not gotten back to you it might be a little late. I sent my body over to him about 4 months ago. But you never know. Keep trying to get ahold of jared and find out. I dont think Ryan knows what Jared project load is. Jared might be able to do your body the same time he does mine. What kind of body are you Using? And what kind of rail?

One more thing. What part of Saskatchewan are you from. I spent some time in Regina and PA a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by manwe33
    One more thing. What part of Saskatchewan are you from. I spent some time in Regina and PA a few years ago.
    I play with PA Predators, but I live about 80 miles away.

My problem is that my emails bounce back, and he never returns messages on his answering machine. I am using the superULE rail with vert ULE body.

Nothing has gone to ano yet, so you're OK there.

I have no better luck getting a hold of Jared than anyone else does (though my emails don't bounce outright), sometimes it's more than a week from when I send an email to when I get a response (assuming I get one).

The guy's just hella busy, and like me, he's a little scatter-brained on the small stuff. Keep trying, you'll catch him eventually.

hey coolhand, ive been trying to stay up on this thread since the start. but the last 10 pages or so i have not read.

im just curious how are things coming along with this project? have you been able to ship any of these frames out yet? when is a projected date? ect ect?

no i havent pre-ordered one, and im pretty sure ill never be able to afford one. (unless you make another run somwhere down the line) but i can wish
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

Quote Originally Posted by trevorjk
    hey coolhand, ive been trying to stay up on this thread since the start. but the last 10 pages or so i have not read.

im just curious how are things coming along with this project? have you been able to ship any of these frames out yet? when is a projected date? ect ect?

no i havent pre-ordered one, and im pretty sure ill never be able to afford one. (unless you make another run somwhere down the line) but i can wish
    I got to within a hair's breadth of getting the bolt-on's shipped (which account for just under half the preorders owed), but board problems stopped me cold. Goldie is working on the problem as we type.

I have no idea exactly when we'll be getting back on track date wise. As soon as Sam gets my boards sorted, the bolt-on kits can ship, and we'll be half done for real.

I'm working on the rails for the full markers as time and the weather allows my CNC to operate. Once that's done, it's off to ano for all those parts (in two batches likely), then assembly as I can get to them. Likely two or three a week until they're all done. I'll ship them as I get them done.

That's about all I can offer for a timeline, 'cause there's a lot of this stuff that is still out of my hands. The main delay on my end right now is getting good weather so my CNC will run reliably and I can get the rails cut for the full marker guys.
    Last edited by CoolHand; 04-10-2008 at 01:23 PM.

sounds great! keep up the hard work, AO need more guys like you around

I've accomplished nothing since my last post.

It has been rainy and cold here basically perpetually since then.

Hell, it was 45 degs F here yesterday. That's a no-go day for the CNC machine.

Hang in there guys, the weather's gotta break before too much longer.

are you taking any more pre order?

Quote Originally Posted by pk5
    are you taking any more pre order?
    Nope, sorry.

I will have ten (10) kits to sell in unfinished kit form when these preorders have been delivered.

But not a second before.

I was going to work this weekend, but it turned off cold on me.

47 Degs F on Sat and about 55 Degs F today.

I did go ahead and get the tools set and ready to load into the machine though, so everything is literally staged up and waiting for a decent weekend.

Hang in there guys, the weather has to break before too much longer, it's frickin' May for cryin' out loud.

Nope, sorry.

I will have ten (10) kits to sell in unfinished kit form when these preorders have been delivered.

But not a second before.

Can I put my name down for one of these kits?

Quote Originally Posted by mag79
    Can I put my name down for one of these kits?
    Sorry man.

First come, first served.

It was 55 Degs F and raining on Sat, and 50 Degs F and raining today.

I tell you one thing, this year has been the crappiest spring that I can ever remember.

Even the day job is taking it on the chin, 'cause we just can't get any decent days to work.

You think this project sucks, how'd you like to have $2-3 million tied up in a project that you can't work on 'cause the rain just won't stop long enough for the ground to dry out.

The weather's gotta break eventually, I just hope we all don't snap before it does.

Hang in there.

CoolHand, I am just checking in again... I still have cash in hand in case someone snaps!!

Wook

It was very nice here this weekend, but I had to work. The day job is behind, and I was sick on Friday to boot, so the weekend took it on the chin.

Tomorrow I go to Springfield to help my sister move into her new house.

This weekend is a bust, but it looks like the weather is going to hold out.

Last edited by CoolHand; 05-26-2008 at 04:00 PM.

I took this weekend off and did the holiday thing.

No progress to report.

However, the weather seems to have turned for good now, so that's not holding me back anymore.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

I had to work Sat, and I was plum done in by today, so I got bupkis done.

Things are really getting busy around here, so I foresee the next 4-6 weekends will be lost to the day job.

That being the case, I believe I am going to go ahead with ano and send stock RTP rails with the markers so they can at least be assembled and used.

I will knock out the rails when it slows down again, and have them anodized separately. If needs be, I will ship them out later if I have to.

I hate to have to do it piecemeal like that, but my lack of time in the shop has progress on these things at a standstill, so I'm left with no other choice.

I'm still waiting on Goldie to fix the boards, but that's out of my hands for now.

update?