Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

The ano batch is heading back my way.

Got a tracking number from GBA just now . . . . . .

Any news on the boards?

Quote Originally Posted by VeeWee
    Any news on the boards?
    None.

Jackass Inc has been MIA for weeks now.

Are you looking into other boards yet? I know you got money sitting out there on these boards and getting a refund should be fun considering you can't get in touch the guy, I thought I'd ask anyway.

Are you looking into other boards yet? I know you got money sitting out there on these boards and getting a refund should be fun considering you can't get in touch the guy, I thought I'd ask anyway.
    I've got a couple of options, but I'd rather not have to resort to them.

gruntbull Guest
    Where is this board manufacturer located? I bet there is an AO with an order close to rough I mean sweet talk them.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntbull
    Where is this board manufacturer located? I bet there is an AO with an order close to rough I mean sweet talk them.
    From their website:

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporworks Website

Vaporworks
    1211 14th St.
    Wamego KS 66547
    Anyone close enough to put some eyes on this address?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    From their website:

Anyone close enough to put some eyes on this address?
    hey, i will see where it is, im only about 30 min from there, i hate to see you guys get screwed over again. do you know if its a business or machine shop, or is it someone home address? Wamego has some industrial parts, but its mostly a podunk city. i will get back to you later today when i get home.
    Last edited by rifleman wi; 09-20-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Why don't you go ask on icd-owners.com

Goldie pay more attention to that board since he produce a lot of bushie stuff and is now the official icd repair location.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman wi
    hey, i will see where it is, im only about 30 min from there, i hate to see you guys get screwed over again. do you know if its a business or machine shop, or is it someone home address? Wamego has some industrial parts, but its mostly a podunk city. i will get back to you later today when i get home.
    I suspect it's his home address.

If you go there and find that he is home, above all else, BE POLITE and DO NOT threaten him in anyway. I don't need someone to strong-arm the guy, I just want him to contact me so we can get this sorted.

Just suggest that Ryan at Logic Paintball would very much like him to make contact to resolve our situation.

PM me and I will give you a cell phone number to give to him.

That's all I need done, just someone on the ground to put eyes on the place, and maybe put a phone number in his hand with the suggestion that he call me so we can get this resolved.

I REPEAT, NO VANDALISM, NO THREATS, NO DICKISHNESS OF ANY KIND. JUST SEE IF THAT LOCATION IS ACTUALLY THERE, SEE IF HE'S HOME, AND DELIVER MY PHONE NUMBER SO HE CAN CONTACT ME.

Don't take that the wrong way, I'm not assuming you're a thug or anything, I just want to be very clear about my intentions here.

Thanks much for the offer of assistance, I appreciate it.

Talking

I'd be willing to donate some Paypal for fuel if you need it.
    If you have a video camera maybe you can get some video of your visit.

Amazing how well that trick works.

Rifleman stopped by, gave his wife my card, and about fifteen minutes later I get a long ranting email from Goldie. Seems he was indeed still alive after all.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can ignore someone for weeks on end and then get hard core upset when the ignored party seeks alternate (but civil) means of contact. He insists that Rifleman was rude to his wife, but I am somewhat dubious of that. You sounded quite reasonable to me when we spoke on the phone. At any rate, it's gotten him off of dead center, and that's what needed to happen.

He says he's already gotten the boards to output battery voltage directly to the solenoid leads, so we'll see how long it takes him to get them to me, and if they will function as he said they would when they get here.

Hopefully this will be the end of my dealings with Goldie.

Big thanks to Rifleman for taking the time to drop that card off. You didn't owe me a thing, but I am thankful that were willing to help out.

Sometimes I heart AO. **sniff**

EDIT:

Tracking shows the ano batch is going to be delivered on Monday. Huzzah!

I'll post up some pictars when I get them unpacked.
    Last edited by CoolHand; 09-20-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Talking

Amazing how well that trick works.

Rifleman stopped by, gave his wife my card, and about fifteen minutes later I get a long ranting email from Goldie. Seems he was indeed still alive after all.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can ignore someone for weeks on end and then get hard core upset when the ignored party seeks alternate (but civil) means of contact. He insists that Rifleman was rude to his wife, but I am somewhat dubious of that. You sounded quite reasonable to me when we spoke on the phone. At any rate, it's gotten him off of dead center, and that's what needed to happen.

He says he's already gotten the boards to output battery voltage directly to the solenoid leads, so we'll see how long it takes him to get them to me, and if they will function as he said they would when they get here.

Hopefully this will be the end of my dealings with Goldie.

Big thanks to Rifleman for taking the time to drop that card off. You didn't owe me a thing, but I am thankful that were willing to help out.

Sometimes I heart AO. **sniff**

EDIT:

Tracking shows the ano batch is going to be delivered on Monday. Huzzah!

I'll post up some pictars when I get them unpacked.

Awesome.
    AO Army in action.
    Hi, I'm Rifleman, the General requests your presence NOW MISTER !
    heheh

no prob guys, glad i could help out

Keep fighting the good fight Ryan!

~ P8nt

Good to see AO'ers still helping each other out!!!

no prob guys, glad i could help out

All your boards are belong to us?

Seriously though, good work. I am not on "the list" or anything, but it was really nice of you to help out.
    bless, support, and never forget the troops
    God bless my cousin: Cprl. Peter J. Giannopoulos K.I.A. 11/11/04 in Latifiyah, Babil Provence, Iraq.

The parts are back from ano.

I'll inventory them and take pics tonight when I get home from work.

Had to work late, so I'm running a bit behind.

Only one snag, GBA can't strip nickel plate, and I neglected to ask this ahead of time. So, one guy's body and feedneck that was sent in nickel is . . . . . . still nickel. No damage, but no matching ano either. We'll have to puzzle that one out. Other than that, things look to be all hugs and puppies on this front.

Pictars as promised:

Das Box!

Alan Smarse:

Chris Murray:

Continued Below . . . . .

Continued from Above . . . . . . .

Chuck Marsh:

This next one is quite possibly the most awesome anodize color I have ever seen. It's a matte, but it's got a kinda neat sheen, it's VERY brilliant red, and it's got this neato sparkly thing going on (which is not conveyed by the pictures very well). Easily the most beautiful ano job I've ever seen.

And it goes to . . . . . . . . Darryl Kuny:

Continued Below . . . . . . .

Continued from Above . . . . . . .

Jason Davis:

And the poor fellow who still has a nickel plated body, Richard Laing:

Hope you guys like the looks of your markers.

GBA did another stellar job. That red is out of this world, still kinda stoked out that color. lol

Anyway, Goldie has decreed that he's going to have my boards back to me next week sometime, and after that, he's done, good, bad, or indifferent, I'm on my own.

It kind makes me sad, you know, 'cause he's been so helpful up to this point.

If the boards still don't work when they get back, I'm going to have to call a strategic withdrawal back to the rally point so we can regroup and figure out the next best plan of action.

We are SO close to getting this thing done. I'm not going to let it burn down now.

Mmm Impressive

What happened to the Super ULE rails?

What happened to the Super ULE rails?
    Nothing, per se. They're living inside a 15 ft stick of bar stock right now.

They just haven't been cut yet. I need several days in a row to set-up the machine and bang them out, but I haven't been able to find that much time off.

So I sent EMag rails to ano with your guns to make sure you'd at least have a functional marker while you wait.

I'll deliver the markers as-is, and then the SULE rails when I can get them done.

I'll have them match anodized and everything, I just won't have them done at the same time as the rest of your markers.

Here's the deal:

I haven't had a vacation in nearly three years. I tried to take a week off about a month and a half ago, and of the seven days I had set aside, I ended up working on four of them anyway.

In two weeks, better than half the management staff is going on vacation again, for another three or four weeks in a row, so I won't be able to take off again until late fall (if even this year at all).

Honestly, I'm about done in. This job (the day job I mean) is grinding me down to a burned up nubbin. I have contractors calling me at 6am every day it seems like, wanting something solved RFN. Then I spend all day putting out fires here and there, trying to work on the six projects worth of plans they've got me doing by myself, and then when I get off work (somewhere from 5pm-7pm), I'm plum tuckered out. When the weekend gets here, all I want to do is sleep and set still. I just don't have the energy to go out and spend two full days in the shop every weekend like I used to.

Like I said, I'm just about done in.

I knew the SULE rails were going to be waiting on me bigtime, so rather than hold the whole deal up, I bought stand-in rails to get you guys off and running while I muster up the energy and free time to machine the SULE rails that I'll owe you full marker guys.

It's a material IOU, if you will. I'm sorry I couldn't have it all done at once, but I figured 95% true to form and functional in your hands waiting on parts would be 1000% better than 100% true to form and non-functional setting in a box waiting on parts.

I'm sorry about a lot of things on this project, cheif among them, I'm sorry that I got all of you guys into it in the first place. It was poorly timed, poorly planned for (contingency wise, what if X goes wrong, etc), and not well funded. My suppliers pretty much unilaterally hosed me, and it looks like Goldie is fixing to hose me again.

I'm trying my best to deliver a product you guys will feel was worth the wait (though I'm thinking that we're about a year and a half past that even being possible), but I've been struggling, and it appears that I will continue to struggle to the bitter end.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just wore out and miffed. None of the stuff I'm *****ing about was any of you all's doing. I'm just frustrated and this seems like as good a place as any to have a rant, so I went with it.

So long as I can keep the dancing bananas at bay, we're golden.

Oh, bother . . . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by CoolHand; 09-23-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Makes sense, I didn't want to be a pain in the butt. After everything you've been through with this project feel free to rant anytime, you've earned it.

I understand long hours too, I've been averaging 80 hours a week for the better part of two years with no end in sight and it seems like everything else in the world has come to a halt. It sucks.

Side note: I didn't know I had a nickle body .

Side note: I didn't know I had a nickle body .
    That's right, you didn't send these parts in, did you? They were already here when you bought your spot. Bummer deal him not telling you that, but I imagine he didn't think it mattered what color it used to be, only what color it was getting redone in.

I never even thought to ask GBA if they could strip nickel. All the other ano guys I've used could do it, so I quit asking. Figures. lol We'll get it sorted out, one way or another. If I have to, I'll pull a ULE off of one of my personal mags and trade you so you'll have a body that will take color.

I'll also see if I can find a replacement to send off for you. No promises, but if I find a cheap ULE, I'll be on it like a pack of dogs on a fat kid.

I'll also see if I can find a replacement to send off for you. No promises, but if I find a cheap ULE, I'll be on it like a pack of dogs on a fat kid.

Should we call you a fat kid now

Quote Originally Posted by lasrsktr
    Should we call you a fat kid now
    Well, now that you mention it, I AM fat, though I'd not say I'm a kid anymore (mores the pity).

That saying is a contraction of two euphemisms that I tend to use in conjunction:

On it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.

AND

On it like a fat kid on a twinkie.

One day it just sorta morphed into:

On it like a pack of dogs on a fat kid.

Being a fat man, I am entirely allowed to ridicule myself and others like me.

You skinny folks back the off though!

Bwahahahah!!!!!!

I know Sam has had alot of Health problems and a couple of surgeries in the past Year. No excuss just some info. He should had made an effort to contact you.
    edm

Quote Originally Posted by mustangii
    I know Sam has had alot of Health problems and a couple of surgeries in the past Year. No excuss just some info. He should had made an effort to contact you.
    edm
    Yeah, I knew that was all going on. That's why I gave him as much slack as I did.

I'm not a heartless jackass, regardless of what he may think now, but my patience goes only so far.

If it were just something for me, I'd be cool with it. I've waited for stuff from other guys longer than this, but there are other folks involved in this one, so I can't be as forgiving as I would otherwise be inclined.

Still no boards BTW.

Oh, and VeeWee, I found you a body. It should be on it's way here by now (or will be soon if not). I'll get with GBA and see about getting the ano done when it arrives.