Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
Results 1,621 to 1,637 of 1637

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

Very nicely done.

I kept getting stuck in setup mode without realizing it.

I can be re' 'ed sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    Very nicely done.

I kept getting stuck in setup mode without realizing it.

I can be re' 'ed sometimes.

Like I said in the videos,... really simple once explained.

I have a new manual printed up in the VER thread here on AO. I suggest Ripper owners copy it and keep a copy on hand for the fist year of use. After that the programing should be easy to remember.

Question On The Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-1-Custom-Elect...item19be56ef7b

Is that legit ?
    Those are obviously Ryans pictures.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home

Is that legit ?

It says it will be coming from Ryan...if that means shipping from Ryan, how does he have videos of it firing?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home

Is that legit ?

I sold the prototype a few months ago, and made the changes to it that the guy notes.

He only paid $975 for it though, so he's being rather optimistic with his starting price, me thinks.

He has the gun in his hands now, it's not coming from me. I am not involved in the sale or listing in any way (except that he's using the pictures I took while trying to sell it to him).
    Last edited by CoolHand; 01-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.

has there been any progress on going home's gun? i think mine has a similar problem. i've tried all kind of different dwell (started at 25 and have gone up and down from there) and lpr settings, and i can't even get the gun to fire once. i'm using the supplied on/off pin and xring, a palmers micro rock,a new un-tuned x-valve, and the tank i'm using is a wgp stratos high pressure. when i pull the trigger the solenoid pushes the sear back and and it won't reset. also the dwell on the utb is adjusted in 1 ms increments right?

thanks for any help

Electro pneu mag?

1-1-Custom-Electro-Pneu-Mag-Paintball-Marker-RARE

I'm pretty sure this mag got confirmed legit before, but he's claiming it to be an "Electro Pneu Mag." That doesn't make any sense. Does it have solenoids, a battery, a pneumatic valve, and needed tubing all inside the grip frame? If not, how is it an "electro pneu mag?" Is there something more special about this guns internals, or is it just your prototype ultimate mag frame gun?

Snypre

Quote Originally Posted by snypre
    1-1-Custom-Electro-Pneu-Mag-Paintball-Marker-RARE

I'm pretty sure this mag got confirmed legit before, but he's claiming it to be an "Electro Pneu Mag." That doesn't make any sense. Does it have solenoids, a battery, a pneumatic valve, and needed tubing all inside the grip frame? If not, how is it an "electro pneu mag?" Is there something more special about this guns internals, or is it just your prototype ultimate mag frame gun?

Snypre
    Yes, it has a solenoid, an actuator, a battery, a board, and LP tubing inside the frame, just like all the rest of the Ripper EM guns and frames.

That gun was the prototype that I built and tested at the very start of the project. It is identical to all the others, save that it has a Predator board instead of a UTB.

It's totally functional, and has been clocked at ~23 BPS with a stock HALO B.

What don't you understand about that?

Read the whole thread before you answer that question.

I think our best bet here is to get BigEvil involved, seeing as he's the "Mag Whisperer" and all.

For the record, the Mag Whisperer came through...

Big Evil, can you take a crack at making my UMF work?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by RFLMN1
    Big Evil, can you take a crack at making my UMF work?

Jason
    Sure, PM me what's up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    For the record, the Mag Whisperer came through...
    Huzzah!

With that, I am now going to declare this project officially done!

You all can't see it, but I'm doing a fat guy happy dance.

Exclamation No More Pre-Buys !

Well p8ntbal4me spent a couple months on it and couldnt do anything with it.

And BigEvil spent about 6 months on it finding a whole litany of problems
    including an issue with the brand new Xvalve (thanks to Tuna for the help on that),
    and the LPR was no good, and a bunch of other stuff.

I want to thank everyone that helped to get me a working mag before the 6th year rolled around.

While I'm happy to have it, the extra $250 it cost me should not have been necessary.

This should have been covered by Logic Paintball and that did make an old guy

Water under the bridge I guess.

I figure I have close to $1400 in a life lesson on pre-buys.

Never again.

If I can get my daughter to come by and help me make a video of it firing I'll post it
    in a new thread.

Yes yes, I suck, etc.

I'm very sorry that AGD sold me a defective/untunable X-Valve and that SP sold me a crapped-up LPR (or the anodizer ruined a good one), but I'm having a hard time seeing how that's my fault.

I've accepted a lot of the blame for the crumminess of this project, but not everything is my fault.

It's all over with now, and I shant be doing it again.

Enjoy your gun, and think scornfully of me whenever you use it.

Lets see.

He paid for a working gun. In a certain amount of time.

Lets ignore the delivery date issue.

You supplied the parts for said gun from your venders. You should have dealt with the venders if something was wrong with those parts or if your ano vendor damaged a part. He should not have had to go elsewhere & pay extra to replace parts that should have worked begin with. And that your vendors wont warrenty because he was not the original buyer.

Think of it this way. If go buy a new car & the transmission doesnt work who do you go see? The dealership that sold you the car. They then deal with the vendor (car company) to get it fixed. If they made you run around or just left you with a transmission that doesnt work you would be pissed. Same thing here.

You should have done the same. Not try to pawn blame off on anyone who you possibly can.

Jai should not have needed to get involved to get this project to completion. BigEvil should not have needed to get involved to get the gun working. Those two have saved you ass. You should be paying them for their work not your customer.

Enjoy your gun, and think scornfully of me whenever you use it.
    Made me

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th
    Lets see.

He paid for a working gun. In a certain amount of time.

Lets ignore the delivery date issue.

You supplied the parts for said gun from your venders. You should have dealt with the venders if something was wrong with those parts or if your ano vendor damaged a part. This was the first I'd heard about the LPR being bad at all, since all the others worked just fine. Nobody can fix what they don't know is wrong. But there again, since I'm an awful person I'd probably have just let it be anyway. He should not have had to go elsewhere & pay extra to replace parts that should have worked begin with. And that your vendors wont warrenty because he was not the original buyer. BS. AGD warranty goes to the owner of the marker, not the dealer who sold it to him.

Think of it this way. If go buy a new car & the transmission doesnt work who do you go see? The dealership that sold you the car. They then deal with the vendor (car company) to get it fixed. If they made you run around or just left you with a transmission that doesnt work you would be pissed. Same thing here. And again, the car company would at least need to be notified of an issue before they'd do anything. Same thing here, except that since I'm an awful person, I'd probably have just let him dangle anyway.

You should have done the same. Not try to pawn blame off on anyone who you possibly can.

Jai should not have needed to get involved to get this project to completion. Jai came in at my request, because he knew the ins and outs of the UTB, and I did not. BE came in at Jai's request because neither of us could figure out what was wrong with Home's brand new XValve. They didn't just happen along, they were asked, to finally get this debacle finished. BigEvil should not have needed to get involved to get the gun working. Those two have saved you ass. You should be paying them for their work not your customer. Who said Jai wasn't getting compensated for his work? AGD should be the one paying BE, since their crappy QC is what necessitated his involvement in the first place.
    In summary, you can basically take your righteous indignation and blow it out your posterior. lol

I am washing my hands of this project. The only person I've heard anything from has been Home, and that was mostly due to this wonky XValve (brand new from AGD, btw). Everyone else seems to have figured it out without major issues.

This project went poorly, I've admitted as much, and now I am done with it, and shall never repeat such an undertaking again.

Lecture 'till your heart's content, makes me no difference.

At least I delivered a product at the end of it all. That's more than can be said about a great many preorders that have been done here.
    Last edited by CoolHand; 05-31-2011 at 02:30 PM.