Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Logic Ripper EM - The Electro Solution - PreOrder

San Diego "the real SoCal" (Encinitas) CA
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlend2786
    well i say that once they come in we all go celebrate with a weekend at velocity.

Hopefully your D.Mag is ready by then though

Im definatly up for that idea....people at velocity willl be like, wtf with all the super-mags raining down hoppers of paint on my skull!!! And hopefully my dmag comes with in the year.....hopefully!!

Got the tool heights checked and loaded them in the changer this afternoon.

Takes an even dozen (12) tools and 30 kB of chip munching G-Code ( ) to make these covers and mod the rails.

Gonna try to make some chips tomorrow.

I've still gotta cut some billets, set the fixture offsets, and test the programs before that can happen, but unless I have a bunch of trouble, that stuff should go pretty quickly.

Here's to hoping for smooth sailing.

I gotta go rattle TAG's cage again, to see how far along the boards are.

More news tomorrow night (hopefully).

awesome. I can't wait for it. I've skipped half a season of paintball just waitin for it!

Got the first couple fixture offsets measured and into the control, and the eye cover program tested.

Everything was OK there, ready to make some chips . . . . . . . . . . Aw damn.

I had forgotten that the clear door of the enclosure had fallen apart when we had the table apart (to replace the X axis servo). Soooo, I had to enlist some help to clean up the parts, regoop them with silicon, and then rivet them back together.

Its all done, but the silicon needs to cure overnight (at least) before I start slinging coolant on it.

I'm all ready to jump on it tomorrow though.

Should get half a dozen covers and one rail at least done tomorrow.

I did use the down time to do a couple of other parts of the UEF project. I got one of the VA's finished, and I got my valve's field strip screw hole helicoiled (some ham fisted fool had destroyed the threads entirely, which explains why I got it so cheap ).

Now I just need to get the ghettoriffic on/off switch resoldered (its been acting wonky), and the covers and rail cut, and then we'll be in movie town.

It is moving along, slowly, but surely.

is this gonna have a magnetic trigger, also could it be ordered black with a red trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_automag_07
    is this gonna have a magnetic trigger, also could it be ordered black with a red trigger?
    The trigger return is done via a magnet, but the trigger itself actuates a micro-switch. No HES to deal with here.

And yes, if you order one, you can specify what colors you want on the frame, the VA, and the trigger (different colors for each if you like, no extra charge).

Got the rail and eye covers cut today. It all looks really good. I'm just too damned tired to take pictures tonight.

The ULE body I have is going to have to go. It was drilled for the old eye covers that I used with the proof of concept marker. I had to move the eyes a little, and changed the way the covers mounted, so the body looks a little wonky right now. Don't sweat it when you see the pics, its not that big of a deal (IE the production models won't look like that).

May have to put off the movies until I can get another body and some detents from AGD (yet another thing I had forgotten, I robbed the detents off of my Mag to get a customer's marker running).

Anyway, the project is coming along nicely. Should be able to cycle it and at least check for fit problems while I wait for the detents and the body.

I can say one thing for sure, it looks bad ***, even if I do say so myself.

And man is it light. I'm guessing that we will actually see a decrease in weight over a stock RT ULE, even with all the extra crap hanging off the front. That just rules.

I must say, after reading all this, I am seriously considering buying a ULE mag just so I can get this frame. That or just a ULE body and gas-thru. I'm just not sure my wallet would like me afterwords...
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    I must say, after reading all this, I am seriously considering buying a ULE mag just so I can get this frame. That or just a ULE body and gas-thru. I'm just not sure my wallet would like me afterwords...
    I've been asked before about doing a whole marker from scratch, and the retail price I came up with was $950. That's with a ULE body, XValve, the rail milled, and the eyes installed.

The frame is $450, and the eye install is $125. So, if you can't gather up the individual parts you need for under $375, you're better off buying the whole thing at once (IMO anyway).

I'm sure we can find a middle ground if you want to supply the valve and body, or some other combo of parts.

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand
    I've been asked before about doing a whole marker from scratch, and the retail price I came up with was $950. That's with a ULE body, XValve, the rail milled, and the eyes installed.

The frame is $450, and the eye install is $125. So, if you can't gather up the individual parts you need for under $375, you're better off buying the whole thing at once (IMO anyway).

I'm sure we can find a middle ground if you want to supply the valve and body, or some other combo of parts.
    My dallara yearns for your touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Automaggot68
    My dallara yearns for your touch.
    it wants to be molested?

I would only be able to supply the valve and rail. What would the cost be with just supplying you with those 2 items?

Quote Originally Posted by WenULiVeUdiE
    I would only be able to supply the valve and rail. What would the cost be with just supplying you with those 2 items?
    $450 for the frame, $145 for the body (or whatever AGD's retail is, my price list is old), and then $125 for the eye install and covers. So, that's $720 + shipping.

If the EMag valve still has an EMag On/Off in it, you'll need to replace that with a stock RTP On/Off as well. But hell, what's another $25 when you're spending $800?

Pics should be up in a couple of hours.

$450 for the frame, $145 for the body (or whatever AGD's retail is, my price list is old), and then $125 for the eye install and covers. So, that's $720 + shipping.

If the EMag valve still has an EMag On/Off in it, you'll need to replace that with a stock RTP On/Off as well. But hell, what's another $25 when you're spending $800?

Pics should be up in a couple of hours.
    a couple of hours meaning 2 hours?

cause its already almost been 1

*bounces in chair*

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlend2786
    a couple of hours meaning 2 hours?

cause its already almost been 1

*bounces in chair*
    Keep it in your pants Gunga Din.

I just got a call from a buddy, and I gotta go back to the shop to work on his truck.

Pics will be delayed a bit, but I will get them taken and posted when I get back.

Hang in there.

Keep it in your pants Gunga Din.

I just got a call from a buddy, and I gotta go back to the shop to work on his truck.

Pics will be delayed a bit, but I will get them taken and posted when I get back.

Hang in there.
    oh em ge!

*****in suspense*****

btw ryan how's the template for the laser engraving coming along?

OK, my bud is taking forever to get here, so I took some pics of the outsides.

Enjoy!

Driver's Side:

Trigger Guard/Eye Cover/LP Hose Detail:

Back of rail showing off the massive amount of material removed from all over (more pics when I get back of the rail and covers apart):

That is all for now. More when I get back.

HOLY ****

<3 those eye covers ryan.

friggin awesome. I cant wait till the boards come in!!!

EDIT: will hold off on badgering questions untill later

Lets drink to the awsome mag!

All I can say is WOW.. BUT.. wow on the front end / lpr - is there any way to clean it up a bit? Even the NME is cleaner in terms of the lpr / hosing. That looks seriously ghetto rigged.. maybe it's just the ANS.

What type of AKA or STD LPR could I replace it with and what PSI would you set it to?

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    All I can say is WOW.. BUT.. wow on the front end / lpr - is there any way to clean it up a bit? Even the NME is cleaner in terms of the lpr / hosing. That looks seriously ghetto rigged.. maybe it's just the ANS.

What type of AKA or STD LPR could I replace it with and what PSI would you set it to?
    nah, i think its just cause the jackhammer is red and everything else is raw, thats why it looks ghetto rigged.

I actually like the look of it.

Ryan, is it possible to get the mag all gloss black with gold eye covers, trigger, and jackhammer?

pweeze?

in the corner in a box under the stairs right down the street from jerry's bait shop.
    i was thinking about moving the lpr so that it is the foregrip, use one of thoes bottomline things (i have no clue of the name) and just put a slide over it.

would that work?

i think it would be a really cool idea...
    "Ah yes, I have one of the 32*rebels that I always take to big scenario games. It keeps the truck from rolling if I have to park on a hill." - automikey

Quote Originally Posted by master_alexander
    i was thinking about moving the lpr so that it is the foregrip, use one of thoes bottomline things (i have no clue of the name) and just put a slide over it.

would that work?

i think it would be a really cool idea...
    if you can get air to both the LPR and the Valve then yes.. otherwise no.

Man, MadPSIence you sure know how to kick a man when he's feeling good.

How, exactly, would you make that connection look any cleaner? Its an 1/8 NPT pipe nipple, end of story. ANY LPR for a cocker is going to look exactly the same way.

By using a short 90 degree hose barb there instead of that huge push to connect, you can make the hosing run straighter (which is what I will do for the production stuff), but that fitting was already on that LPR, and its all I had setting here.

I could have done many things to make that look cleaner, down to making a whole front block assembly like an Intimidator has.

"But why didn't you then?!"

Because, this thing already costs $450. If I had gotten much more engineery with the parts (read that as - made them work more smoothly, but become more complex as a side effect), it would have turned into $500 or $550 really quickly.

I mean, you can do anything you like up there. Buy any LP output inline reg and use a "T" fitting down on the bottom line, then just run a hose nipple out of one of the ports for the frame. That is all up to you (this is why I left the option to buy it without an LPR at all).

This is going to have to be a thinking man's mod, in that you may have to put just a fuzz of thought (GASP! ) into your setup to get exactly what you want out of it. That, or pay me to do it for you. One of the two I guess. You'll either have to be smart and thrifty, or stupid and loaded. Sorry to all you stupid poor people out there, you're SOL.

That looks ridiculously awesome. Holy crap wow.

As for the eblade covers, I like how they look and I like my Alpha rail. So if I sent you some eblade covers, bb eyes, and my mag along with some MONEY, would you still be adverse to doing the install with the rubber covers? I think it's the best looking way to do it for people with AM/MM rails. However, those covers you have for the RT rails look hawter than hawt. The whole thing is beautiful.

How am I kicking you? I'm putting FAITH into you, which about 3 people here have so far as the numbers show. I've paid 450 bucks for something that hasn't been built yet and supported it the whole way.

I think I should be allowed to give my opinion of things as it progresses. It's not like I'm backing out or saying the product sucks. You know very well I've been all about this frame since you first mentioned it.

Hey, CoolHand, will you take installment plans on this? Being 17 and working part time, and having a girlfriend (freakin' expensive!) It'll take me a while to gather all the funds at once. But if I could pay monthly, I could probably do $70ish a month. I mean, they are going to take a few months anyway, right?
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPSIence
    How am I kicking you? I'm putting FAITH into you, which about 3 people here have so far as the numbers show. I've paid 450 bucks for something that hasn't been built yet and supported it the whole way.

I think I should be allowed to give my opinion of things as it progresses. It's not like I'm backing out or saying the product sucks. You know very well I've been all about this frame since you first mentioned it.
    It was a euphemism. Meaning that you know how to rain on my parade with criticism. Chill out. Also, for the record, they are built, they just aren't assembled.

I have enough parts here to build 25 of these bad boys right now, with 25 more being only about two weeks off (all I'm short on them is the frame itself).

You are more than welcome to your opinion, but you have to realize that comparing this product to even the NME is no where near a fair shake. I have 25 of these. They are making NME's by the thousands, in China, and they still sell for near a grand.

I can't even come close to touching their production prices (IE mine are likely at least 10 times higher), much less the complexity of their engineering. I can conceive of anything, design it, and bring it to fruition, sure. But I can't do for even close to what those guys can. It just costs a lot more to do things in the tiny batches I am forced into. Even at this batch size, I've got about $7500 tied up in this project, just in parts.

Don't take things so seriously, you'll be a lot happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    Hey, CoolHand, will you take installment plans on this? Being 17 and working part time, and having a girlfriend (freakin' expensive!) It'll take me a while to gather all the funds at once. But if I could pay monthly, I could probably do $70ish a month. I mean, they are going to take a few months anyway, right?
    I'm sure we can work something out. I've done layaway for other people before, just don't mail in cash every week like that guy did.

Hit me with an email ( tech@logicpaintball.com) and we can discuss it.