Thread: Design change to the Emag

Design change to the Emag

I have an idea for a design change to the Emag. I know AGD is willing to accept ideas from players (the 6 pak comes to mind) so here goes:

Instead of the current on/off valve that requires a large force to operate use a "side block" type of on/off valve instead. What I mean by "side block" is one that blocks the flow of air in such a manner that there is very little pressure required to operate the valve. This would allow a smaller solenoid and smaller battery. To maintain the reactive trigger in manual mode the electric/manual level could also operate a second on/off valve that would allow/block air to the top of the main on/off valve.

The following is a simple diagram of the type of on/off valve I mean.
    Last edited by hitech; 12-05-2001 at 01:33 PM.

Hey Tom...

Did you ever read this? What do you think?

Yes your right it would lighten the on/off pin pressure but in the Emag with the RT style pin it is actually a smaller component of the trigger force than the sear latching on the bolt. We did think about doing that before.

Good idea though, keep thinking.

AGD

RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| Guest
    tom sure knows his markers..wait they are his markers hehehe

Changes? I got one...I want the display on the right side of the grip soI can see it. My warp makes it difficult.

One other suggestion. Also site related but on the Flatline. Same problem with the guages. Not sure of the fix except maybe to put them on the bottom? That has its draw backs I know but I cannot see them very well with the warp. And you cannot move them over to the otherside or you then cannot get to the fill nipple. Plus you would have to move the outlet but that can be done but then all you can see is the outlet pressure and you realy want to see the tank pressure when filling more. So I realy want fill and tank pressure on one side (right) and outlet and outlet pressure on the left side. I know...asking for the impossble but...hey wouldn't that be nice fellow right handers? Although I am pretty certain the Emag board could be reverse mirror and the dislay on the right side.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Phil,
    I'm sitting here with a pair of 45* elbows for my flatline gauges. I'll post a pic once I install them.
    I figure if I angle the gauges downward I could use them again!
    r

Sounds like a plan shaft. I want ot see how that comes out. I had thought about suggesting coming out the top at a 45 degree leaving just enough space to get the screws into the drop. Perhaps out the side as you say might show them enough. Main one is the fill one because as far as output once you set it and get it where you want it you tend to not needto look at it much. But the fill one is even harder to see in the back and you realy need to look at it each fill. I don't like to just trust the fill guages guage alone. I like to see if they are in close agreement each fill.

Still there is the grip display issue that only AGD can change.