Thread: Warp feeds

Warp feeds

After going through the lastest issue of APG (I like pictures and small words ) I realized that there were few if any pictures of warp fed markers. Flipping through other mags, same thing. The field I play at is VERY heavily Mag populated, so I see 'em all over (Paintball Sam's, Racine WI), to the point where the last time I played there, my team included a 98 flatline, 3 or 4 warp fed e-mags, and 2 RTs (one w/warp feed). Are these seen as a curiosity elsewhere or are the magazines just behind the times?? Maybe this whole field knows a good thing when they see it!
    the JoKeR

Tragically hip and criminally insane.

Now building the ultimate truck body kit. Click on the logo above for details!

In my opinion it comes down to a couple things :

1) It is to different for people to just buy with out trying it out first so there aren't alot in some areas. This is a catch 22. There won't be more until people can try them, but people cant try them until people buy them.

2) Cost, most rec ballers aren't going to spend 150+ on something that they will get little benift from.

3) AGD or PTP don't sponser many teams, so the hardcore tourny guys don't use them.

My fields fall into the 1st catagory. Difference is I bought one and have let people use it. Now the home team at one field, every player on the team is setup with warps. And the other field people are starting to look into getting them.

my .02 cents
    Later
    SSDD

Originally posted by headcase
    1) It is to different for people to just buy with out trying it out first so there aren't alot in some areas.
    This is the beauty of AO. I don't see a lot of Warps in my area, or in magazines, but I learned all about the benefits on AO and bought one. Now people at the field see it, and they want one too!

The most fun way to advertise a warp is to shoot the people that don't like it in the loader.

The warp feed has caught on at Sams by how good Timmy , Steve , skirts and the others play. People hear that the warp is heavy and makes the gun unbalanced. Once they try it they like it , it is just a matter of getting more people to try them.
    Team Exotic Elements

Got Ace?

UW Whitewater???!!!

UWW, eh? Spent enough time there over the years... Wellers, Wells, Indian Village,.... and all kinds of bars that haven't changed in 20+ years.. Mitchells, Pumping Station, MainStreet.. I get a hangover just thinking of it!
    Yeah, Timmy, Skirts, and crew have really forced me to upgrade my game! I just want Steve to stay in the parking lot. I've been on the wrong end of his gun too many times! I don't think I've ever seen balls touching each other when they leave the barrel like that before.
    Had to pick up an RT w/warp from Steve just to keep competitive around there!
    How often do you play there? I've been there just about every weekend this year, but will probably have to push on over to Dave's for the winter (I'm a snow wuss).

I played every weekend during the summer. I am going to work at sams this summer. I have not been tere for awhile because I have had practices for the school team. Me and some highschool friends are going to sams this sunday. You should come then.

p.s. Whitewater has not changed it is just as you described

yeah yeah yeah, always braggin hey oneshot you know i want to come this weekend, not only just to play but the chance to meet other ao members. i got to save though, its like sucking on a tootsie roll pop, all the excitement to just get to the middle, hehehe, i don't know where all this is coming from. if you can't tell i'm saving up to get a new gun, so i've taken a sabbatical from paintballing and well eating to save money. now i just have to work for a little while longer. it'll be great when it makes its debute entrance. talk to you all later
    Silver Freeflow Lockout Edition Racegun
    14" Silver Freak
    Halo

UW-Milwaukee Paintball

Sunday

I'd love to get out there Sunday, but it's not happening. Got stuff that needs to be taken care of. If I remember correctly, Sunday should be a good day, as it's everybody's favorite ref's b-day. ....Something about a Tribal?.... Probably a Spyder!

If you think WW hasn't changed in the last 10 years or so, my grandpa and dad both grew up there, and my parents even lived in Indian Village apts, which look 100% the same! Only thing new is the housing boom around the outskirts.

animal Guest
    I will most definately be there saturday, debating indoor or outdoor for sunday. The kill the ref with the tribal games should be enough to make me go to sams sunday though. I'll also be down at daves tonight. See you guys in the middle...

i've noticed that too, i was looking for some warp feed setups in magazines but could not find many at all. i was looking to see how it looked on other peoples guns, but i have seen a few on here so i got what i needed.

has anyone besides me tried this, i took the metal plate off the gun and drilled another hole in it, so that instead of angling towards the front of the gun it is now perpendicular to the gun. this allowed me to tuck the revvy in a little closer, and then to make it even better, you should drill or melt the warp hose into the hopper.

Drill it!

Everybody seems to be melting their hopper. I'd say drill it for a clean look. You might get a ball or two stuck inside behind the hose, but it'd look much cooler than melted plastic! Not that I'd know first hand, since I'm stuck feeding under the gun body to a hopper left feed on my RT... Still looks good, with lots of hose. Makes the newbies think it's a fully automatic feed system