Thread: Paintball and...College?

Paintball and...College?

Next year I will be going to college. I bring this up now because today I was working on filling out my application. A while back, I was talking to a representative of the school...and they have lots o recreational things to do...and I asked about paintball! She didn't really know if the school allowed it. Then about a week ago, I printed up a sheet of what to bring...under the what NOT to bring section, it said stuff like pets and hunting equipment. The question is, does paintball fit under 'hunting equipment' ? If I was to bring my marker to school with me, I would never really take it out except at a field where I would go, and never keep paint+marker together...I would have to buy paint at the field or something.

Has anyone gone to college and knows anything about bringing your marker with you? Any help would be appreciated!

-Dave

shartley Guest
    Check these out.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=13541

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...&threadid=4873

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...&threadid=4821

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...&threadid=4246

Those should keep you busy for a bit. There were others, but I scanned them real quick and they would not have been any help to you.

Enjoy.

Thanks guys

Zo Guest
    where i intend on going (purdue) they actually have a paintball team. so it must be allowed

no they arent allowed, i can tell you for sure, that they arent
    k-state has a paintball team, but i had my gun confiscated by the dorm nazis
    the bastards, i had it cleared with everyone, then the hall directed i guess changed his mind, so now i cant have it, he tried saying all kinds of stuff about how the whole city didnt allow them, totally false, but whatever
    im still pissed about it

but every university has a law about it, some dont inforce it but i would bet that most do

i had my gun cleared by my RA also, but still had it taked away by the hall director

anyways

later
    Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

When I go next year, I'm going to look into starting a club and mebbe even a team.

just rent a place off campus. screw freshman housing rules.

when i used to play college ball some of the kids lived in the dorms and had their equipment. i guess as long as you are being responsible with it , its not a problem. there have been instances of morons shooting people on the street below from their dorm rooms, which made the paintball club look bad eventhough it wasn't one of their members.

I remember I posted a thread about this a while back and it turned into this big college-paintball thing. Oh man, I wish I had the time to set out and establish a club and everything...but college is just so busy for me.....
    me

"You can only hide your lack of game with your Rate of Fire for so long." - RobAGD

The way i worked it in college is just to keep it out of sight. I mean, people drink illegal beverages in college dorms and rarely get caught, i never did i just heard stories. It makes sense if you think about it, how horrible could a paintball gun wreck havoc in a dorm hallway in the hands of the wrong person? So, just take it, keep it stored under your bed or whatnot, as long as you keep your door shut when you take it out, i wouldn't see anything happening. At least thats how i lasted for a year in the dorms. where are you planning to go?

The prohibition days are over, what are illegal beverages??

I am planning on going to Colorado Christian University. I know that the first though would be, Oh a Christian school they wouldn't allow that, but from talking to them on the phone, they are VERY leniant about some things, which is not bad, it just means they trust you and expect you to act like an adult, which is exactly how I would act with my marker. I feel somewhat ok with it, seeing as how the representative didn't say "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!" she just didn't know for sure.

-Dave

Hahaha, out of sight...*looking around on-campus apartment room*...mask...mask...minimag...mask...hopper...gu n case...paintballs...I think I have too many masks. Last year my roommate and I both had our markers. Avoid calling them guns, or use "Gelatinous Sphere Accelerator." Problem here is keeping a field/shop open. We had 3 last year...then NONE. Now we have a field and no shop! Where can I buy the neato pretty stuff I need(ok, want)! There is one good thing about this being a little tiny town where WallMart is the largest paintball supplier: I compete with Spyders, Pirana, Tipps...and the field owner uses a Bushy.
    Early to rise and early to bed may make a man healthy but socially dead.

Michigan Tech Paintball

Here we have weapons storage rooms in all of the dorms. Technically you're supposed to register your marker and keep it there. Usually people are cool with it and just keep them out of sight, in there rooms.

for more info on college teams and clubs look at
    www.sos.mtu.edu/paintball
    www.college-paintball.com

In case you didn't know, MTU is home to the oldest Paintball Club in the country, since 1991.

Later,
    XR

Some of those links that shartly gave were my questions. I'm not supposed to have a gun on campus. I have it in my dorm, we do have a paintball club (it's new, not budgeted yet), so it's kind of wierd. I wouldn't worry about it. You have a lot more freedom, and they won't search your room without warning you, so you'll have plenty of time to get it out of the way. It shouldn't be a problem in the first place though. Just keep it hidden from drunk people.