Thread: Ever walk into a Starbucks, see all the tech looking mugs and

Ever walk into a Starbucks, see all the tech looking mugs and

chic coffee stuff and go...

"hmmm, drug paraphanelia"

deep thoughts

-Carbon

...ever in the continual search of time dilation.

Emag 4.0 "I love the way you turn me on"

Personally I try to avoid Starbucks/Second Cup/"Other Brand Name Coffee Store" ... unfortunately its a balance of walking into a brand name store and smelling stale coffee, or hitting the local homegrown coffee shop and smelling stale hippies ... always a tough choice.

Aaron
    Team Managed Aggression, Missouri Paintball

Pround owner of a 2003 Shocker, and AO.org user ... an almost unheard of combo.

"Love, Peace, and Shonen Knife!"
    AOLIM - lopxtc

Quote Originally Posted by lopxtc
    Personally I try to avoid Starbucks/Second Cup/"Other Brand Name Coffee Store" ... unfortunately its a balance of walking into a brand name store and smelling stale coffee, or hitting the local homegrown coffee shop and smelling stale hippies ... always a tough choice.

Aaron
    bwhwhwhhahahahahahah

well put!

Southwest USA

I was in the southwest and visited a Starbucks. I got a mug that has a carabeener-like handle. It clips onto my military gear with ease. They're not available in the midwest, not anywhere I've seen. Now I have unique paraphanelia for when I get home.

Aaight.

I've never been in a Starbucks.

MY LIFE IS NOT COMPLETE.

> QUIKFLASH.COM
    JOIN THE NINTENDO FUN CLUB TODAY MAC!

Quote Originally Posted by quik
    I've never been in a Starbucks.

MY LIFE IS NOT COMPLETE.
    Really, really never?

I generally avoid the corporate coffee places. However, one could easily argue that the smaller niche market shops would never have spread if Starbucks hadn't come about. They treat their employees decently as well.
    God....I guess I was probably returning videotapes.

Nope, never ever been there.

same.

the captain of my team works for a big Atlanta coffe place, so if i did drink coffee all the time, i would be set.
    Hard work never killed anybody...but why take a chance?
    My Team=Blackhearts
    My Field/Store=Paintball Atlanta

as horrific as corporate coffee may sound, their stuff aint all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdkid
    same.

the captain of my team works for a big Atlanta coffe place, so if i did drink coffee all the time, i would be set.

what big coffe place in atlanta.

I never actually get coffee from star bucks, but the moca frapachino is where it is at.

mcveighr--You think caffeine rocks you should try cocaine.

i'v only been in one 3 times. and only because i found a starbucks card on the ground with 20 bucks on it, and cuz i could blow that free money on cookies. screw the coffee. poor guatemalans.
    upgrade fund: $145

i was watching something on the food channel about starbucks and they treat there employees great, something about because the owner grew up in some poor neiborghood.

so every employee has the oppurtunity to have insurance and they get paied decent. sounds cool to me, i should go apply.

[21:00] < FunkTehChillinMunky > I've got a Warped Sportz Dark Talon

Quote Originally Posted by skife
    i was watching something on the food channel about starbucks and they treat there employees great, something about because the owner grew up in some poor neiborghood.

so every employee has the oppurtunity to have insurance and they get paied decent. sounds cool to me, i should go apply.
    friend of mine works there and loves it.

Quik lives in northern MI - the nearest Starbucks is probably 70 miles away from him
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Quik lives in northern MI - the nearest Starbucks is probably 70 miles away from him

there is one in the rockford meijer.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySyko
    I was in the southwest and visited a Starbucks. I got a mug that has a carabeener-like handle. It clips onto my military gear with ease. They're not available in the midwest, not anywhere I've seen. Now I have unique paraphanelia for when I get home.

Aaight.
    You should be able to walk into any company owned Starbucks location now and find those mugs, they're part of the current promotion.

And yeah, Starbucks employees are treated fairly well-- 240 hrs/quarter [need to average 20 hours/week] and the employee [partner, as the company calls them] is eligible for 5 tiers of healthcare, the cheapest at around $20/month, dental care for about $10/month, vision for $3/month, stock options, 401(k), and some other stuff that I'm probably forgetting because I don't bother to take advantage of it.

I <3 starbucks

venti mocha frappuchino w/ a triple shot of espresso please, hold the whip.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

Indignant Guest
    Wussy coffee.

I don't drink coffee. Especially not the kind like rk over there drinks. In my house my dad is the only one that drinks it and he only drinks it black, so that's all I drink. But i'd still rather have cider.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Sad, but very very true.

Kai Guest
    I worked at a real coffee shop, and we offered...

Small.

Medium.

Large.

Everytime someone came in and ordered a 'Tall' or 'Grande' anything, I smacked them in...

Well, actually, I just gave them what they wanted, and then belittled them behind their backs.

FEEL THE BURN