Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automaggot68 Guest

Official Logic UMF thread!

These frames will be ready soon!
    You can Pre-order them HERE or Here!
    Specs:

Predator Board AFA 5.0 (or newer)
    Eye Components included (You build the harness and do the eye install, or we can machine your rail to look like the one in the pics below, giving a 60% weight reduction, machine your body for eyes, and install the eyes for you, including those nifty covers you see below too . . . for an added cost)
    Roller Bearing Trigger
    Adjustable switch contact and post travel, fixed forward stop
    Magnetic trigger return (totally adjustable return force)
    DM5 Grips
    Huge trigger guard
    Integrated Dovetail Rail (you can use regular drops too)
    Includes VA that is already tapped for the LPR
    Complete kit comes with Jackhammer LPR (black)
    Does not use the ULT
    (you need to use a stock EMag on/off - The Emag pin and Xring will be included with the frame)
    Uses one 9V battery (which will last you at least 15 cases)
    Mounting hardware and allen keys included

Works with RTP, EMag, and Karta Rail, as well as any RTP type rail (like most of what Rogue sells).
    Works with ULE body, Karta Body, and any body cut from a slug. (the eye covers will only work with ULE bodies though)

Will not work with twist lock bodies.

It can be made to work with classic rails, but custom work will be involved (IE its no longer just a bolt on thing).

Any questions can be answered by Me, Or Coolhand himself.
    Last edited by Automaggot68; 09-27-2005 at 09:06 AM.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like the "Official DevilMag Thread"... That would be sad.

Anyways, to answer my first question I assume that "UMF" stands for "Ultimate Mag Frame" or something like that right?

Good luck with the project, and who knows, I may pick one up.

My Feedback
    (It's a work in progress)

It lives!

And I've got video proof!

Just transplanted all info that is available so its all in one place.

Here's a dry firing video. I'll do a vid with paint as soon as I get the body cut for eyes.

Right click the link below and select "save target as".

Vidage!

It's encoded using the Divx 5.2.1 codec

Specs:

Predator Board AFA 5.0 (or newer)
    Eye Components included (You build the harness and do the eye install, or we can machine your rail to look like the one in the pics below, giving a 60% weight reduction, machine your body for eyes, and install the eyes for you, including those nifty covers you see below too . . . for an added cost)
    Roller Bearing Trigger
    Adjustable switch contact and post travel, fixed forward stop
    Magnetic trigger return (totally adjustable return force)
    DM5 Grips
    Huge trigger guard
    Integrated Dovetail Rail (you can use regular drops too)
    Includes VA that is already tapped for the LPR
    Complete kit comes with Jackhammer LPR (black)
    Does not use the ULT
    (you need to use a stock EMag on/off - The Emag pin and Xring will be included with the frame)
    Uses one 9V battery (which will last you at least 15 cases)
    Mounting hardware and allen keys included

Works with RTP, EMag, and Karta Rail, as well as any RTP type rail (like most of what Rogue sells).
    Works with ULE body, Karta Body, and any body cut from a slug. (the eye covers will only work with ULE bodies though)

Will not work with twist lock bodies.

It can be made to work with classic rails, but custom work will be involved (IE its no longer just a bolt on thing).

Finished Design:

Driver's Side Full View

Passenger's Side Full View

Driver's Side Close View

Passenger's Side Close View (please disregard the ghetto-fabulous on/off switch, that obviously won't be there when my little PCB's are done)

Link to the Dealer's Thread.

That is all.

San Diego "the real SoCal" (Encinitas) CA
    Ill video!!! I love the look of the overall gun. nice job!! Im super jealous!! I even like the LPR.

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    why not use a better lpr? like a micro rock or something? what about a wgp tickler for less weight and less frontal profile?

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magman007
    why not use a better lpr? like a micro rock or something? what about a wgp tickler for less weight and less frontal profile?
    It was chosen to keep the cost of an already high priced frame lower for the customer.
    If you supply your own, or pay for a different Reg, Ryan will slap it on for you.

Like on Mine? Either a MicroRock or a SP-Max flo.

I think due to the low cost and decent performance... Besides, I think he had one kicking around already.. ANY LPR will work...

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

Actually, its all the reasons given above and then some.

1) It is cheap.
    2) It is reliable.
    3) I already had one.
    4) I know they flow well enough to keep up with an Impulse, so they are way overkill here.
    5) Just about anything will work in this application.

We need such a minuscule amount of LP air here that just about any reg will supply it just fine. The WGP tickler sucks flow wise, but I'd bet it would work like a champ here. There just isn't that much air moving. We could set down and do the calculations, but I'd guess that a cocker uses ~3 times as much air to cycle the bolt as this thing does. The throw is very short, and the bore is not too much bigger. Add to that the fact that a 15 psi swing in pressure will not change the performance one bit, and you get a very wide operational envelope, which fits over a very large number of LPRs on the market now (I won't say all, but pretty damned close).

You can use whatever reg you like. I just went with the ANS because they are cheap and I trust them to do the job reliably.