Thread: i think my mag is finally done. sort of pic heavy-ish

i think my mag is finally done. sort of pic heavy-ish

well, it's been a long road for this automag. i got it from some guy on eBay for around 300 with a revvie, crossfire68/3000, intelliframe, two barrels, and level 10. well, then i saw another deal i just couldn't pass up, a brand new Tac-One with an x-valve, ULT, and level ten for 350, great price considering this was around june 15th of last year. and that's when it started. i started mixing and matching parts from the two markers and found that i didn't like the tac body or rail and i suddenly had enough parts to build two complete markers, but both would be thrown together hodge-podge beasts. so i kept all of the parts that i wanted and parted everything else. heres what the first marker looked like: (click the thubbmnails for larger pics)

after selling or trading almost all of the parts, and a few extras picked up along the way, and doing some milling on and in my rail i ended up with this:

the only part i felt was holding it back now was the frame. it just didn't match, being matte black compared to the gloss on the pipe and ULE. so once again i looked to AO and ended up trading it for a chrome one and a rail + on/off combo and there you have it:

i'd just like to thank: Richie, Dryden, E-dubs01, Luke, Dawg047, Mer, and Tunaman for getting me the parts i needed without any hassles.

well, what do you think AO?

Automaggot68 Guest
    I'm digging that rail, it looks familiar.
    Where'd you snag it?

Edit: Luke, Im guessing?
    Last edited by Automaggot68; 09-28-2005 at 12:40 PM.

snap it?

it's a AM/MM rail that i milled some meat off of.

i sort of took the alpha rail design and took the curviness out of it by making the cuts along the sides straight with tight radii on the ends. i also ULE'd it but ofcourse you can't see that.

luke did the sear mod.

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ultralight
    snap it?

it's a AM/MM rail that i milled some meat off of.

i sort of took the alpha rail design and took the curviness out of it by making the cuts along the sides straight with tight radii on the ends. i also ULE'd it but ofcourse you can't see that.

luke did the sear mod.
    Very nice job.

thanks maggot.

Ahem, What Do You Think AO?

c'mon guys, give some feedback. is it ugly, is it angelic, should it be burned in a pagan ritual in the back yard, what?

I think you've done a great job. I'm glad you went with a "rail like" botom line instead of a big drop.

Personaly if I was goin to use a lot of polished and nickle plated parts I'd finish the job with the the body and feed neck. That's just MHO as you know.

Over all a very nice Mag that I bet tears it up at your home field!
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134