Thread: the search for the space mag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

the search for the space mag

Alright, I've made some progress, but I haven't gotten far enough. Some one out there has to know where the Space Mags are. I'm not talking about pictures, I mean the actual guns themselves.
    I'm taking it upon myself to bring these guns back to the here and now. Hell, I'd even make an offer to buy the lot of them if I knew who to ask.
    So, ask any old schooler you know who has knowledge of paintball's history and help me locate these things. I will not rest until I find them.
    Thanks,
    Dan@Triggernomics

come on guys, you can't all be just 16, some one's old enough to know something!!!
    What about you Tom? Did you ever see them in person?

Hey - I'll keep an eye out.

Lot of the newer guys might not know whatcher talking about.

Jacob
    My AIM Intimidator is better than your Automag. Get over it.
    Hobart Paintball AIM Paintball

I only think there was one and no idea who owns it. There was someone here on AO that had something very similar to a "space" mag that he built, but I can not remember who it was.

i remember, like muz, a single space mag...but thats all...

no idea where they are now though

For as long as I can remember there being spacemags, nobody has ever known where they are or who has them.

Check these out there carter "space mags" not the same thing but maybe they got inspiration from the originals and might know something about it

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...tt=10&ei=UTF-8

O yea someone mentioned there only being a few made and made for personal use, i thought they where sold becasue wasnt the design suppose ti give it back spin or something..thought i read that somewhere a long time ago...maybe im invention memoires or i did read it and it was not true..

hmmm i cant think of any where else to look..tommorrow at the field ill ask around and ill call another field the guy that runs it is a big mag fanatic or sorts..he may know something ill let you know.~~im interested to find out more about them... exact orgin and such.
    Last edited by CKY_Alliance; 09-30-2005 at 10:55 PM.

Wow, all of this talk about space mags really brings me back! I'd love to see a repro done. Good idea!

Nate

Feel The Burn

[AO Feedback]

PBN Feedback

According to my latest info, they were made by an Englishman. I even found someone who used to own one of them, but that's where the story ends. It looks like they've disappeared into someone's private collection, and like the TLC E-Mag that was stolen from Steve Davidson, they'll never be seen again.
    What a shame. I will keep trying, but I'm slowly running out of options.
    Dan

slowly running out of options.
    Are you blind? DOC just offered to MAKE one for you...

Thanks Maggot for opening my eyes.
    I'm perfectly capable of copying those designs myself one way or another, but this isn't about recreating them. It's not about owning them either.
    Their existence is a marvel in itself. The guy who made these is a true artist. We have too many people in this sport who take an effort like this for granted.
    That's not taking anything away from Doc either, his website is full of original ideas and creations, but he still gets about as much recognition for it as AGD does for creating High Pressure cylinders.
    Personally, I think that the space mags are some of the most beautiful looking paintball guns ever made. If you had the chance to see a group of photos that cover them from all angles, would you pass it up?
    If I can find them, or the name of the man that made them, I'd be preserving part of the history of our sport.
    That's really all I'm after.

If I knew where those guns were I would have bought them myself. I would sugest contacting John Sosta he would be the only one I could think of that might have a line on them. I have never talked to anyone that has seen them in person.

Lookin' good Doc!

AGD

Is this what you were looking for?

Here is a link I still from when I first found saw them awhile back.
    http://www.angelfire.com/me3/lordsoth/gun

I remember seeing one, a long time ago, don't remember where though, sorry not too much help

Yeah, that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDoe
    Here is a link I still from when I first found saw them awhile back.
    http://www.angelfire.com/me3/lordsoth/gun
    best link evar!!!111

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

zackzel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thecavemankevin
    best link evar!!!111
    fo sho

has doc maid any progress with the one he was building since that last pic?

Quote Originally Posted by zackzel
    fo sho

has doc maid any progress with the one he was building since that last pic?
    Yes.

He sold a couple on Ebay that were completed.

I have one of them. I also managed to find a sluggo from back2integrity. Now I need a custom rail from RRFireblade and my sluggo milled, then I will have a "new" spacemag

There were two auctions on ebay, one sold and the other never met the reserve. I emailed Doc awhile ago to see if he still had it but never got a response back.

Also SummaryJudgement, cant wait to see pictures of that