Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

Ace on the hole

So will the stock ACE board be useable with X-Mod?

Styg

Quote Originally Posted by dIVEANX
    Also anyone thinking of getting our ACE board when it comes out will have to use the XMOD software because we are not putting a switch on the side to turn the eyes off. Just a little thing we are doing to keep the cost down on the production of the board so we can sell them to you guys at a reasonable price.
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore
    So will the stock ACE board be useable with X-Mod?

Styg
    AGD ACE works even better with the Xmod. It is much easier to adjust.

ACEs are Wild

Dang it.... making me think I want to get Xmod to see if it that much better than 3.2 from AGD.

Do I really need it if I only shoot Semi?

Would it be possible to use the X-mod ACE board to house more memory to get more options into the gun?

Styg

Dang it.... making me think I want to get Xmod to see if it that much better than 3.2 from AGD.
    Oh, it is. Not even close.

Do I really need it if I only shoot Semi?
    You will shoot faster in semi. I cant explain it, but you will.

Once you discover the other modes, you may forget where SEMI is.

modes

I only shoot Semi, becasue that is all that is allowed at the fields I play at. So the other modes aren't really worth it to me, other than just showing off.

I cant justify the cost to not use all the features I guess is the biggest problem. 14-15 bps is as fast as I would ever need to shoot honestly, and I can reach that with 3.2

Someone sell me on this thing, why do I need X-mod?

Styg

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Oh, it is. Not even close.

You will shoot faster in semi. I cant explain it, but you will.

Once you discover the other modes, you may forget where SEMI is.
    I don't know what it is either, but I noticed the same thing. It seems to be easier to keep up a constant stream with Xmod than it does with the 3.2.

I only shoot Semi, becasue that is all that is allowed at the fields I play at. So the other modes aren't really worth it to me, other than just showing off.

I cant justify the cost to not use all the features I guess is the biggest problem. 14-15 bps is as fast as I would ever need to shoot honestly, and I can reach that with 3.2

Someone sell me on this thing, why do I need X-mod?

Styg
    What is your set up, what gun, loader, ect? Are you strictly in the woods or speedball?

I wont play speedball anymore with my emags unless they have Xmod on them. The ramping modes are really nice - they arent outrageous like some of the other boards. Set it to 15bps and you are all legal

With the adjustable dwell, you will notice a big improvement in SEMI shooting.

If you have an Xmag, the ACE calibration thats in the Xmod is worth it alone. People who thought their ACES didnt work now can use them.

Granted, this is geared towards improved FIREPOWER. So if you are happy with the way your gun is now, then I dont know why you need to be sold on the Xmod. I was happy with my guns as well, now im nuts about them. It really is the next logical step in the evolution of the gun. AGD should have done this a long time ago. Remember the fabled 4.xx software that only a select few people have? This blows it away.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dIVEANX
    Im sure Lorne is watching this and can remove them from his database in his website so they will not be able to download any further updates or the final version when it is released.

I have always believed "What goes around comes around" I have seen it in life many times.

I am sure that several people have flashed thier friends markers and when you make something like this it is bound to happen. Just like Im sure that at least 50% of the people that come on this forum that do anything with computers has some kind of bootleg or hacked software on their computer.

Life is life and its going to happen, all you can do is make the best of it and go on and hope that most of the people stick to the agreement that they read.

Now this is a stupid statement

Why would he buy it back for probably alot more then he paid for it? Selling after you buy it is pretty stupid as well. As everyone knows 1.7 IS NOT the final release and you will need the programmer further update your version so I guess someone is not thinking very well or they are just trying to start problems and turn the AGD forums into PBN which I hope the mods here will not let that happen.
    HERE..HERE!!

I Agree!!

Well I'd just like to apologize to everyone. I didn't intend on starting anything with him. And I realize that people have probably flashed it on their friends gun. I'm not trying to say I'm the perfect person either. It just irritated me that he seemed to say that since Lorne wouldn't buy the programmer back that he intended to use his software to make money for himself. It just really bothered me.

Good luck w/ the eye board. Sounds like a really cool idea. I hope it works out for you.

Leading the Spyder revolution!

work in progress

Current setup is a work in progress actually...

I just got a gloss black X-mag with ACE ( no idea if it works or not set to "2" right now , Reloader B, Tunablade, SM-1 Barrel Kit, Dye Drop and Airport, 92/4500 Crossfire nitro. Has AGD 3.2 software on it. I have not even really gotten to play with the X-Mag besides rattling off about 300 rounds of paint to test it out when I traded for it. I do know I don't like the normal stock trigger, so that is being swapped for a Tunablade. A friend has an Emag with 3.2, and while I can wail on the trigger pretty good, it seems like I have shot Matrixes and other true electros much faster and smoother.

Mostly doing a bunch of cosmetic work to it to make it uniquely mine, just waiting for price quotes and parts to come in.

I play woods ball, with the occasional airball game when I travel to indoor fields ( Atomix closed up shop, so not sure how often that will be now ) I have played in tournaments and can hold my own in a "gunfight"

Styg

What is your set up, what gun, loader, ect? Are you strictly in the woods or speedball?

I wont play speedball anymore with my emags unless they have Xmod on them. The ramping modes are really nice - they arent outrageous like some of the other boards. Set it to 15bps and you are all legal

With the adjustable dwell, you will notice a big improvement in SEMI shooting.

If you have an Xmag, the ACE calibration thats in the Xmod is worth it alone. People who thought their ACES didnt work now can use them.

Granted, this is geared towards improved FIREPOWER. So if you are happy with the way your gun is now, then I dont know why you need to be sold on the Xmod. I was happy with my guns as well, now im nuts about them. It really is the next logical step in the evolution of the gun. AGD should have done this a long time ago. Remember the fabled 4.xx software that only a select few people have? This blows it away.

The E/X-mag triggers are fully adjustable, and can be set up on par with any of the lightest trigger pulls out there. Not only can you adjust the travel, but the magnet tension as well. If you take the frame off, look at the top - right under the ACE board there are magnets. Remove, add, shim or whatever until you get it to your liking. (orings make good magnet shims - I have an oring and one magent in both of mine) That travel adjustment is on the selector switch, also accessable from the top of the frame.

lightness

The lightness f the trigger isn't really an issue, the trigger is adjusted pretty well. shooting a spydermag and mecahincal mags with blade triggers for the last few years, I can not get used to the stock trigger feel with 2 finger grooves in all, thats why I am putting in the Tunablade trigger.

Anybody in SE Michigan have X-Mod? I would like to shoot a gun with it on there before puting the money up for a programmer.

Styg

First of all if you guys are going to post over a page of stuff in one day someone should let me know so I can comment along the way... lol

Second I would never buy a programmer back for $50, that would take my profit into the negative and NO ONE ever offered me $50 to buy a programmer back, that's complete BS anyways.

I spent $5000.00 buying programmers so that everyone could buy one and every single week since I got them I have sold at least 4 programmers per week right up until about 3 weeks ago when sales stopped dead. I've only sold 2 programmers in the past 3 weeks. Now that kinda scares me since I just barely passed the break even point for number sold and still have over 70 programmers left. Something tells me that this is directly related to the post on PBN. If you want to copy my hard work not to mention profit off of what I made... I'm not going to threaten you, I knew all along I couldn't stop that all I can say is that I hope some day someone does the same thing to you. My license agreement was clear. I was trying to do people the favor of letting them flash whatever version of software they wanted into their guns.

There's a lot of good people on this site that I'd love to help out but if this is the way it's going to be I think this may be the last revision. There's no point for me to spend more time on anything when I get nothing for it. All together for this hole project I have barely broke even on my purchases, apparently my time is worth nothing to some people.

I spent all last Saturday programming have completed XMOD BETA 1.8 and have added a variable ramp start to NXL and PSP modes along with a few other minor upgrades. I was going to test it myself this weekend and release it first thing next week but after reading today's posts I'm not sure I'm going to. The chip is now at 98.2% usage.
    Last edited by LorneCash; 06-20-2006 at 11:50 PM.

Does anyone know the moderators on PBN? Can I get someone banned over there or at least a few posts removed?

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    There's a lot of good people on this site that I'd love to help out but if this is the way it's going to be I think this may be the last revision. There's no point for me to spend more time on anything when I get nothing for it. All together for this hole project I have barely broke even on my purchases, apparently my time is worth nothing to some people.
    That is exactly what I was going on about. Nice to see one *insert expletive here* threw a wrench into the whole works. I had high hopes that this wouldn't happen seeing as it's mostly targeted to AO users who, for the most part, are stand up guys. I guess we just found the one bad apple.

Oh well. Good luck Lorne. In whatever you decide to do.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure you can report posts on nation. Just mention what's happened, and I'm positive they'll look into it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    Does anyone know the moderators on PBN? Can I get someone banned over there or at least a few posts removed?
    Yeah, call me later I know Kyle.

I spent all last Saturday programming have completed XMOD BETA 1.8 and have added a variable ramp start to NXL and PSP modes along with a few other minor upgrades. I was going to test it myself this weekend and release it first thing next week but after reading today's posts I'm not sure I'm going to. The chip is now at 98.2% usage.
    I know this to be true because we talked for about 45 mins on some different things he was going to do in the code.

Lorne, PM me links to PBN and I will forward them to Kyle. I cannot access PBN at work, damn Sonicwall.

Ace

Could the new ACE board be used to increase available programming memory space?

Styg

Could the new ACE board be used to increase available programming memory space?
    No, not a Chance. It's not like a computer where you can just add memory or a HD with a micro you get what space you get. If you want more you would need a different micro...

new project

OK, whose going to start up a project to put in a chip socket on the Mag boards so we can swap out different program chips

Always thought that was an awesome idea on Matrix and some of the newer markers. Pretty much opened up a whole new market for the manufacturers - sell stock gun, sell 5 differnt types of upgrade chips for said stock gun.

Honestly though, aside from bug fixing, what else is there to put into this program?

Styg

OK, whose going to start up a project to put in a chip socket on the Mag boards so we can swap out different program chips

Always thought that was an awesome idea on Matrix and some of the newer markers. Pretty much opened up a whole new market for the manufacturers - sell stock gun, sell 5 differnt types of upgrade chips for said stock gun.

Honestly though, aside from bug fixing, what else is there to put into this program?

Styg

Yes that is a great idea. BUT seeing as how Lorne is having such a difficult time selling $100 programers, I cant imagine there would be too much interest in a $200-$300 new mainboard. TAG couldnt get 50 pre-orders either. This is a very small, niche market and I dont think anyone is going to get rich in a hurry off of mags anymore.

As far as upgrading, the Xmod is your best bet. It is here, now, not a year in the future, not "Maybe we will make it". Lorne went through a lot to get this to us, lets show him some love.

need

I fear a lot of E and E users are like me where they are not sure they really have a need for anything faster than 3.2 offers.

I think I will end up getting X-mod, but I have some concerns of the AGD solenoid and other parts holding up to the increased performance

The valve can handle 35+ cycles per second, but can the Solenoid and electronics on the venerable mag board handle it?

My gun is about to be in pieces fo rmilling and anodizing, can I still flash the board with it not hooked into the gun?

Styg

Yes that is a great idea. BUT seeing as how Lorne is having such a difficult time selling $100 programers, I cant imagine there would be too much interest in a $200-$300 new mainboard. TAG couldnt get 50 pre-orders either. This is a very small, niche market and I dont think anyone is going to get rich in a hurry off of mags anymore.

As far as upgrading, the Xmod is your best bet. It is here, now, not a year in the future, not "Maybe we will make it". Lorne went through a lot to get this to us, lets show him some love.

Appreciation

I have said it here before I'll state it again. Lornecah has brought the E/X-MAG out of the cellar and into the sunlight with this MOD. The options and improved capability of these markers is now second to none to include the latest EGO's, DMC's (Incert your particular flavor of marker). Lornecash...you are a breath of fresh air on this forum and others in general. You have given the players what we wanted the whole time...to keep up and surpass the competition....Thanks in a big way!!!!! "Outlaw5" runnin the X-MOD and dazeling all who see the power of the X-MAG!!!!
    COL Jerry Perkins
    SF, De Oppresso Liber

not to be a wet blanket but i've come to the conclusion tha the mag performance limit is between 14 and 20 bps. and that's if your mech parts are in perfect tune and shape.if anything is lacking any where the mag just can't keep up with guns that are designed around the fact that with electronic help can shoot up to 31 bps as in the angel g7. mags are great don't get me wrong i will always love them but i'm not going to put myself at a disadvantage before i even walk on the tourney field later jim

rocked the mag from '91 to '06
    BIG + FAT but MOWING MUPPETS SINCE '90

holy hijack

This thread got hijacked a bit didnt it?

Styg

I dont know what happened to your other thread, so let me repeat what I wrote about the limitations of the design.

In my experience with Xmod'd and predatored emags, I can get the ROF (cycling) to 23bps with about 900 psi air input. That seems to be the best I can get it to work at, and with a high quality adjustable tank. The inferiority of some of these cheap screw-ins is exposed very quickly when used for this application.

On my ACE'd Xmag with Xmod, I can PLAY with it set at 23bps, usually on NXL mode. The ACE makes a huge difference. On my non-ace Etac, I can get it to cycle just as fast, but the actual speed i can get balls to reliably shoot out of it at is between 15 and 17. With fresh batteries in my Halo (victory board) I cant hit 20, but I wouldnt play on that. That is pretty damn good, AND isnt 15bps the max ROF for many of these tournies?

Let me go out on a limb and say that my NON-ACE ETAC can perform up to pro tournament standards. My brothers Eggy CANNOT reliably feed it.

Although I can exceed that on my Xmag, I rarely set the rof above 17bps for any mode other than SEMI. 23 is fun as hell, but NO one really allows you to have a gun hammering so fast on the field. So basically, I call it "My-dick-is-just-as-big-as-yours" mode.

Granted, the real downfall is effecency. My Angels go WAY deeper into the tank. On my Xmag, I use the smallest LVL10 main spring - this allows me to still get some benafits of the lvl10, get better gas mileage, and still have the anti-chop functions of the ACE.

Then again, gas efficency has really never been an issue. I can shoot everything I carry on one 88/4500 fill and have psi left when I walk off the feild.

smallest thingy

With the level 10 spring, can you get back to me with your setup?

I have ACE and lvl 10, and it does make sense to set for better efficiency as opposed to softer on the paint with the ACE.

Styg

With the level 10 spring, can you get back to me with your setup?

I have ACE and lvl 10, and it does make sense to set for better efficiency as opposed to softer on the paint with the ACE.

Styg

I use the stock spring with the Xmag lvl 10. On the Etac without the ACE I use the red pring (medium) which I cut about one wind off of to make it a little shorter.

I use the stock spring with the Xmag lvl 10. On the Etac without the ACE I use the red pring (medium) which I cut about one wind off of to make it a little shorter.
    For any of you that are interested I am working on a deal right now where I will be writing software for some other guns. I'll keep you guys posted on the details since nothing is in stone yet. Also, for those of you that don't know, XMOD will be featured in APG magazine sometime this fall. I don't have a subscription so if there's someone that does you should let me know so I can read it as soon as it comes out.