Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

Quote Originally Posted by Jotsy
    hey there, i was trying to get some sleep the other night but my mind wondering off about this project and what cool stuff you could add (or I could add when i get my programmer )

now correct me if i'm wrong but emags don't have a real power switch like the xmags do right? (i've got an x so i don't know :P ). would it be possible to program one of the back buttons to work as a power switch? sort of a soft shutdown or standby mode feature. i figure you just have to tell the board to shut everything down and not read from anything except that one button.

now the reason i'm asking this is cos i was wondering if it would be possible to program a simple password protection thing that comes up when the board is powered up. it would just use a sequence of button presses and trigger pulls as the password. now i figured the problem with this would be that it would become real irritating having to enter the password everytime before a game, which is where the standby mode feature above comes into play. putting it into standy shuts the gun down but doesn't entirely shuts the board down so therefore remembers the password. so you can show up at a game, switch it on in the morning and put in your password. then for the rest of the day you just put it into standby mode between games. then at the end of the day, you just switch the gun off enitrely, either by using the batt saver plug, the off switch (for Xmags) or removing the batt entirely (for recharging) and the next time you switch it on, you'll need the password again.

anyways, just an idea... i'd be willing to sacrifice some of the fire modes for this feature...
    Cool idea, but not possible. Even is sleep mode power is still drained at almost the same rate and also the back buttons cannot be used as an interrupt to wake the gun up. Only the trigger is on an external interrupt. Also the password would have to be hard coded by me and couldn't be changed by the user. I can think of a way to add a password like you said with a relatively small ammount of code though. I just think it would be easier to chain your gun to a tree because all you would have to do to clear the password is reflash the gun.

On your psp 3 shot ramping, is the 3 shot ramp speed related,ie once you enter 3 shot
    ramp if you pull faster than 4bps the 3 shot will be faster, also does the rof incresse w/
    3 shot, if you set rof at say 9 will your 3 shot ramp/burst be .33 sec and set your rof at 18
    burst now be faster. what i an tring to say, if your rof is higher will your burst be faster.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yogi
    On your psp 3 shot ramping, is the 3 shot ramp speed related,ie once you enter 3 shot
    ramp if you pull faster than 4bps the 3 shot will be faster, also does the rof incresse w/
    3 shot, if you set rof at say 9 will your 3 shot ramp/burst be .33 sec and set your rof at 18
    burst now be faster. what i an tring to say, if your rof is higher will your burst be faster.
    thanks
    Like i've said the ROF is a global value. Full auto, Burst and ramp will all happen at whatever the ROF is set at.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    We (Destructive Customs) have a programmer and would be interested in helping you develop the code. We also will be milling emags (ULE bodies only no karta or dallara at the moment) for the use of BB eyes will Aluminum eye covers. Drop me an email cjwilke at gmail dot com
    Kayle did you ever get the HES to work with your pred board? Let me know if you want a pic, i managed to get mine working after frying 2 of them.
    yep , noticed tom did not care much about color choice on the hes.
    "It's my buddies gun"
    "I just bought it"
    "It came that way"
    "I borrowed it "
    I HAVE HEARD THEM ALL, SO BE ORIGINAL !!!

My gun says I'm holding it back from doing great things ...

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    Like i've said the ROF is a global value. Full auto, Burst and ramp will all happen at whatever the ROF is set at.

Thats what i thought. i am sorry about these nuoob questions, It just that i love my emag so much, and this seems to good to be true.i will be able to mow these people w/ space guns. w/ a 5 yr old emag.....I will need to sell my angel. I have a pred 03 angel.for sale real soon so if i under stand ramping will be faster if rof is higher
    if thats true i wont need anything but psp mode, or hyper set in hybrid mode.
    cant wait to get this loaded into my marker...

Quote Originally Posted by yogi
    Thats what i thought. i am sorry about these nuoob questions, It just that i love my emag so much, and this seems to good to be true.i will be able to mow these people w/ space guns. w/ a 5 yr old emag.....I will need to sell my angel. I have a pred 03 angel.for sale real soon so if i under stand ramping will be faster if rof is higher
    if thats true i wont need anything but psp mode, or hyper set in hybrid mode.
    cant wait to get this loaded into my marker...
    Lets just say that Hyper Hybrid mode gives me wet dreams...

Oh man, I hadnt thought of auto response with hybrid mode............ I have to go change my shorts.........

Im just about to order this to upgrade my emag 1.37 which will hve no issues.
    Im just worried about it working in my Euro/std Xmag, any ideas if I will have an issue with the wiring at all.

If someone could put a picture of the Euro/STd xmag wiring it would help a lot. cant find it very easily via the search.
    Last edited by GoblinGreen; 01-12-2006 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinGreen
    Im just about to order this to upgrade my emag 1.37 which will hve no issues.
    Im just worried about it working in my Euro/std Xmag, any ideas if I will have an issue with the wiring at all.

If someone could put a picture of the Euro/STd xmag wiring it would help a lot. cant find it very easily via the search.
    Only difference in wireing between your Emag and Xmag is the Ace board. Otherwise it is the same. And there is no difference in the wireing of the CnC and Euro Xmag.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tach-One
    Only difference in wireing between your Emag and Xmag is the Ace board. Otherwise it is the same. And there is no difference in the wireing of the CnC and Euro Xmag.
    If you look in my manual in the Hardware section, I show how the ACE has to be wired to work with my software.

If you look in my manual in the Hardware section, I show how the ACE has to be wired to work with my software.
    I saw that. This is lookin pretty sweet, great job!

Question ACE on e-MAg

Sorry for the stupid question but I never saw an X-Mag live, only in pictures. There are none of them here in Brazil.
    My question is: If I want to upgrade my e-Mag with the original board (upgraded with LornCash's software) with an Ace, what do I need? I mean, is there another board and wires I would have to buy or can I just buy the laser eyes from Tag Sportz and connect them directly to the e-Mag board, as you show on your manual? I saw that they charge only US$ 35,00 for the eyes set... Don't know if that's all I need. (Of course I would also have to do some milling on my Mag's body to install the eyes. The question is for the hardware, ok?)

Thanks a lot, guys!

Best regards,

Mendel.

Talking programmer

where do i buy a programmer and this software, lorne cash hasnt answered me email or pm

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    where do i buy a programmer and this software, lorne cash hasnt answered me email or pm
    Wait and he will answer. Sometimes he takes a couple of days to do so. He's a very busy guy...

About the programmer, as I live in Brazil, I managed to buy one locally, otherwise I would have to wait to much time until I would be able to reflash my Mag. Lornecash has bought 10 new programmers and it seems he will start selling them as of January, 31st. Wait for his answer and he will tell how to proceed on buying one, ok? He also sends it with the special cable needed to connect the programmer to the Mag board, which I'll have to make one on my own.

Regards,

Mendel.

I didnt see it in the list of features - Is there a fire hold off adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    I didnt see it in the list of features - Is there a fire hold off adjustment?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, apparently i missed the initial question. Maybe the DLAY setting at the top of Page 12?

My appologies, somehow I missed your email. I replied now.

[QUOTE=LorneCash]I'm not sure what you're talking about, apparently i missed the initial question. Maybe the DLAY setting at the top of Page 12?

The amount of time before it will react to a trigger pull. Is this adjustable?

The amount of time before it will react to a trigger pull. Is this adjustable?
    It has an ROF setting and Shot buffer so what else do you mean? If you're not talking about that then I guess no. Why/How would you use a feature like what you're describing?

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189558

heres the Euro Xmag wiring pics. Id rather post them, seeing there aint no other Euro Xmag pics on this Forum and rather safe then sorry

Question

Can anyone answer that, please?

Sorry for the stupid question but I never saw an X-Mag live, only in pictures. There are none of them here in Brazil.
    My question is: If I want to upgrade my e-Mag with the original board (upgraded with LornCash's software) with an Ace, what do I need? I mean, is there another board and wires I would have to buy or can I just buy the laser eyes from Tag Sportz and connect them directly to the e-Mag board, as you show on your manual? I saw that they charge only US$ 35,00 for the eyes set... Don't know if that's all I need. (Of course I would also have to do some milling on my Mag's body to install the eyes. The question is for the hardware, ok?)

Thanks a lot, guys!

Best regards,

Mendel.

Mendel,

The Xmag Ace is a seperate board. It sits at the top of the grip frame, kinda above and in front of the trigger. the eye element is sits up higher, and goes up into the main body through a hole milled at the bottom of the breech.

I know some emag users have installed the ACE to their guns, but it requires milling to the body, rail, and depending on what grip frame you have, that too.

AGD ran out of spare ACE boards about a year ago and they are SUPER hard to find. Anyone who has a spare is not usually willing to part with it.

I have my emag installed with an ace board. It is the one that you see in the videos for the beta testing of the xmod soft. You can do two things to install it.
    Heres what you need . Buy a xmag ACE board. Get a Xmag Lower/frame (its already milled for the eye board) Mill your Emag rail for the ACE and on/off switch. Drill the eye hole in the bottom of your breech. Total cost would be around probably 500 or more if you shop good.

Then you have to know how to wire it to the emag board. Its not hard, but you can screw things up.

2. Its easier to find a emag with it already installed or just buy an Xmag. I bought that emag with everything already installed on it and I basically paid the price of a xmag. Nice thing about it is, its lighter then an xmag.

There is a xmag on ebay now. Its at 600.00 I think. Later, EBZ

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    Can anyone answer that, please?

Thanks a lot, guys!

Best regards,

Mendel.

It has an ROF setting and Shot buffer so what else do you mean? If you're not talking about that then I guess no. Why/How would you use a feature like what you're describing?

You would use this feature because with say the auto response feature if you walk the trigger at a high rof you can outrun your gun or the sear or whatever.

Example- when I set up the Morlock board in my Hyperframe it fired great in semi, but when I put it in AR and walked it, it would chuff and sometimes stick. I finally got the dwell and fire hold off (solenoid hold off) set correctly and it works perfectly now - well above 20 bps.

But maybe the shot buffering will cover this?

You would use this feature because with say the auto response feature if you walk the trigger at a high rof you can outrun your gun or the sear or whatever.

Example- when I set up the Morlock board in my Hyperframe it fired great in semi, but when I put it in AR and walked it, it would chuff and sometimes stick. I finally got the dwell and fire hold off (solenoid hold off) set correctly and it works perfectly now - well above 20 bps.

But maybe the shot buffering will cover this?
    I don't think such a problem exists on my software. If the ROF is set too high for the input pressure then the gun won't always fire but I'm not sure you would say it chuffs, and it certainly doesn't stick. In my software the only reason it would stick is if you had the dwell so high that the solenoid didn't have time to release before the next shot. Tell you what as soon as you get your programmer i nominate you to test this problem personally. You can let me know if whatever it is that you're talking about is an issue, cuz i'm still not 100% sure i understand what you're describing.

I'll be glad to look into it - just get me the programmer.

I have a fealing that this has already come up with the software, but no one has realized it.

This is from the tech forum:

Majinebz
    Registered User Join Date: Sep 2004

"But when I have a cheetah boarded halo and my emag still makes that damn cuff noise like its hitting a ball I get pissed."
    (end)

He is thinking that its because the lvl10 isnt fast enough. Thats not so. I think if he could adjust the noid hold off the problem would go away.

I experienced the same thing with my morlock and lvl10. I fine tuned the dwell and fire holdoff together and the problem was solved.

But then this may be all about nothing. I'll just wait and see.

Note: Can you or anyone that has the program put the marker on Auto response at 20 bps and walk the trigger without getting the chuffing? If so - we dont have a problem.
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 01-13-2006 at 06:23 PM.

He is thinking that its because the lvl10 isnt fast enough. Thats not so. I think if he could adjust the noid hold off the problem would go away.

I experienced the same thing with my morlock and lvl10. I fine tuned the dwell and fire holdoff together and the problem was solved.
    I agree. If the holdoff value is not high enough, the marker will attempt to fire again before the chamber is fully recharged, resulting in a chuff. If the recharge rate data graphs were showing (can't see them), we would have a pretty good idea how much hold off time to put on the solenoid. You need to hold the solenoid "on" with enough dwell time to activate the solenoid and allow the bolt to complete its cycle. Then you need enough holdoff time to allow the valve to completely recharge before you activate the solenoid again.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    I agree. If the holdoff value is not high enough, the marker will attempt to fire again before the chamber is fully recharged, resulting in a chuff. If the recharge rate data graphs were showing (can't see them), we would have a pretty good idea how much hold off time to put on the solenoid. You need to hold the solenoid "on" with enough dwell time to activate the solenoid and allow the bolt to complete its cycle. Then you need enough holdoff time to allow the valve to completely recharge before you activate the solenoid again.
    I guess I'm not sure. I don't thinks so but if it is I'm sure you can solve it by adjusting a few things in the menus. I'll actually havn't shot paint with my software yet and only about 2000 psi worth of air. I've been kinda broke since i graduated. Until the cash starts flowing a little better i'm relying on my beta testers. I'll make sure they read this thread and see if they want to run a few tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinebz
    I have my emag installed with an ace board. It is the one that you see in the videos for the beta testing of the xmod soft. You can do two things to install it.
    Heres what you need . Buy a xmag ACE board. Get a Xmag Lower/frame (its already milled for the eye board) Mill your Emag rail for the ACE and on/off switch. Drill the eye hole in the bottom of your breech. Total cost would be around probably 500 or more if you shop good.

Then you have to know how to wire it to the emag board. Its not hard, but you can screw things up.

2. Its easier to find a emag with it already installed or just buy an Xmag. I bought that emag with everything already installed on it and I basically paid the price of a xmag. Nice thing about it is, its lighter then an xmag.

There is a xmag on ebay now. Its at 600.00 I think. Later, EBZ
    Thanks Majinez and Big Evil. I thought it would be easier and cheaper to get done...
    I'll probably stick with my e-Mag and Level 10... It will surelly keep up good enough
    Anyway, thanks for the input.

Regards,

Mendel.

I just bought an emag and I'm really interested with your software.

Could you tell me more about your "millenium" mode ? I'm playing in France.

Millenium rules are :
    - ramping when you reach 8 bps
    - ramping cap at 15 bps
    - no extraball when you stop pulling the trigger

I sent you an email.

is there anyway I could use a different soleniod and ult, kinda like dmags and use this software?
    embargo backwards = o grab me

"Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do." -Larry The Cable Guy

Dragun Drallion, nexus kit, tickler, e2, pysco 5" drop w/ on off, macroline, A+ bolt and back block, Oydessy 3 barrel kit, armson stealth, 15* ASA, Kapp pump arm, Black Magic, warp feed w/ 12v upgrade, halo b w/ vic&rip, 91/4500 bulldog

Tippmann 98C ebolt, lp kit, m-16 kit, palmer stabilizer