Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

I hope that you'll send us a lot of vids.

Rumor has it that 11Bravo was camped out at Lorne's house covered in head to toe with camo and totting a sniper rifle. The large satalite dish that hes using to keep wired into AO and UPS tracking gave him away.

Talking aha!!!!

talk about hard core..man 11bravo your my hero..lol

So are they shipping out today? Or do I need to return to my observation post?

Yeah this is great news! I even played with my EMag yesterday to get it back in the swing of things. I cant wait for this XMOD software.
    Yep I was number 8 on the list of programmers. Well done Lornecash!

I'm number one on the programmer list and I still can't wait to get mine! I hope he ships them soon!

This is starting to REALLY SUCK!

I was modifying the cables for you guys this weekend and went to test them and the AVRISP mkII's don't work... Apparently they will work in the future be they don't support all the devices yet. I was told by the distributor that they would work but they don't. Needless to say they won't be shipping on Monday (today) like I had planned. I have talked to Atmel and they are going to try and release a special version of software just for us that will allow the AVRISP mkII to work with the AT90S2313 (microcontroller used by AGD). The problem is that that microcontroller has been obsolete for a while and apparently they thought that no one was still using that one. I called them first thing this morning but their development team is in Norway they're all sleeping. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow morning to see how possible this all is.

Unless I can get some upgrade software or can find a workaround I am left with only two options either have everyone who still wants a programmer pay me an additional $50 for the ATSTK500 or refund anyone who want's their money back. I have tested the ATSTK500's so I know they work and they are available (in stock). The difference is you have to hook them up to a 9V battery and they require the gun's battery to be off. It won't hurt the gun if it’s on but it won't work until you turn the gun off. That's the problem I had at first. The board lights up but doesn't work unless it is powered by an external source.

Sorry for the bad news, again, but I assure you I am doing everything possible. If it comes down to getting the ATATK500's I'll push them for a discount since they are the ones that told me about the AVRISP mkII's would work.

11Bravo - What's the possibility of moving your Sniper camp to Norway?

No Worries!!!

Lornecash, Don't worry about the glitches right now. You have done more on this subject/project then anyone else has. Those of us who see the greatness of this will pay a little extra if needed. I know I will. Keep up the great work and like most here, I look forward to getting this on my X-Mag for this year. Way to go and keep it up. V/R MAJ Jerry Perkins, SF, De Oppresso Liber!!!
    COL Jerry Perkins
    SF, De Oppresso Liber

Give me a couple days before you guys make up your minds... Let me see what happens with the custom software before you start giving me money or demanding refunds.

No problem I totally agree with Outlaw5 and thanks for all the hard work. You rock!

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash

11Bravo - What's the possibility of moving your Sniper camp to Norway?

No way, its too cold over there. I am a warm weather

Talking 11 bravo..

we have joined with our main unit and are en route to norway..eta 1300 hours..

Cool just give us the go ahead and I will slap that other 50 bucks in the money box for you.

Im planning the insertions and exraction point for 11bravo. This may turn into a hostage-taking mission if things dont go our way.

Or at the very least we will be having an AO-Norway day

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    Give me a couple days before you guys make up your minds... Let me see what happens with the custom software before you start giving me money or demanding refunds.
    No problem. You can have more than a couple of days. You have gone above and beyond...

Just chalk it up to experience. If you ever decide to produce something yourself you'll know what your in for!

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Does the term "road trip" apply to Norway?!?

I think I found something... If I'm reading this right this could be great... but given the situation so far I'm not going to get my hopes up. With my luck the company's probably out of business... lol

Check this out!

It says specifically that it will work and it also works with Atmel's free software (what I used to write the software) and the best part is it's the same price as the AVRISP mkII and won't be an additional $50. The down side is that the only place that sells these things is in Germany so I wrote them an Email and we'll see what comes back. Hey wasn't there someone from Germany who ordered a programmer from me . Maybe you could help me communicate with that company since I don't speak german.

No word from the Norwegians?

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    No word from the Norwegians?
    Yea, the Norwegians pretty much said to go F$%& yourself. So that means that the AVRISP mkII for sure won't work and also won't work in the future. The problem is that this particular microcontroler was discontinued. They suggested replacing the chip with the Tiny2313 which would solve several of my programming issues also. I just didn't think you guys would be up for that unless it came from AGD because I'm not taking responsibility for doing that. I do Have a friend with a fried board that is rebuilding it with a Tiny2313 that will be giving it to me to make sure XMOD works on that too. But I doubt there will be any problems it's just a matter of how the chips are programmed. The AT90S2313 is by byte and the Tiny2313 is by page. I guess that's the issue with making the new programmer compatible. It would mean adding a lot of code overhead for them, not that I don't think they should just do that anyway.

WHY HAS GOD FORSAKEN US MAG OWNERS!!!

Talking truth

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    WHY HAS GOD FORSAKEN US MAG OWNERS!!!
    cuz agd has forsaken us first, and lornecash has had to take the initiative...providing us with an awesome product, that is like a gift from the heavens

So what now? The mkIIs are out for sure?

Talking yes

yes 11 bravo..proceed with plan "b"..we will meet at rendevous point previously determined for debriefing..proceed..

^^^^^^ Be sure and eliminate the Norwegians before you return to the U.S.

Ive paid the additional 50 bucks, I just cant wait to see this stuff in action and to tell TAGSPORTZ where to go with there Predator board. Probably find the day we all finally get this stuff going, the Emag Predator board will be released. By the looks of things XMOD should be better cause we get to keep our LED screen

yea, paid my fifty too just can't wait...

btw, about replacing the chip with something more up to date, i've been thinking, if yer gonna do that why not go all out and replace the LED screen with an LCD screen ala the E2 eblade. not really sure if its really that simple tho. the LCD screen prob doesn't have the same number of connectors or something. but if its possible, wouldn't it be really cool?

Im more than happy with the LED screen, I have seen a couple G7 with stuffed LCD screen from being shot. On the weekend someone said to me the ol classic "hey nice shocker", so I told him my Emag was a cheap shocker clone
    Wait till it can shoot like a shocker that will really confuse them

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinGreen
    Ive paid the additional 50 bucks, I just cant wait to see this stuff in action and to tell TAGSPORTZ where to go with there Predator board. Probably find the day we all finally get this stuff going, the Emag Predator board will be released. By the looks of things XMOD should be better cause we get to keep our LED screen
    Yeah that whole TAG thing sucks. I wish I never brought it up to Bob. What kills me is that they already have guys money for about 8 months now (?). Yet, the new Cocker boards AND these new dime-size DIY boards (Which Curt just designed) will be out in less than a month. From what Im reading between the lines in Bobs posts, is that they arent even finished designing the mag board yet.

Now with these problems with the programers, its getting really frustrating. Like go out and buy a new gun kind of frustrating.

Or, maybe its more like go-and-make-my-own-egrip kind of frustration

So much for amtels customer support. No one still using that chip. Well, not for NEW products. But these things are for imbedded systems. You know, products that hang around a little longer than the average desktop computer....

I sent the additional 50 bucks. I cant stand to wait any longer.