Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

Quote Originally Posted by sean33
    ...i DEFF wont be able to do it myself...
    Yes, you will. Let me break this down to simple terms. This is really Easy. I actually figured it out on my own in less than 15min, and yes I was worried because I thought it was going to be complicated too but it's not.

Step 1:
    Remove left grip and unplug trigger and ACE

Step 2:
    Connect Programmer to computer and install software

Step 3:
    Connect Programmer to gun and click the connect button in the software

Step 4:
    Push the Program Flash Button... wait... Push the Program EEPROM button

Step 5:
    Reconnect Trigger and ACE and put grip back on.

If anyone wants to see every step broken down into extreem detail just email me and I'll send you the manual. It's all in there, with screen shots and digital pics and everything.

Talking better

this better work...for the germans sake..remember what happened to " the other guys"...lol 11 bravo..stand down untill further orders...

Standing by....and awaiting orders.

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    Yes, you will. Let me break this down to simple terms. This is really Easy. I actually figured it out on my own in less than 15min, and yes I was worried because I thought it was going to be complicated too but it's not.

Step 1:
    Remove left grip and unplug trigger and ACE

Step 2:
    Connect Programmer to computer and install software

Step 3:
    Connect Programmer to gun and click the connect button in the software

Step 4:
    Push the Program Flash Button... wait... Push the Program EEPROM button

Step 5:
    Reconnect Trigger and ACE and put grip back on.

If anyone wants to see every step broken down into extreem detail just email me and I'll send you the manual. It's all in there, with screen shots and digital pics and everything.
    Thats ALL maybe its easier than i thought...nice

Lorne,

Would you mind if I sent my emag to someone to flash the beta software onto?

I understand you dont want bugged versions getting about, but I want to test out the beta for you. Of course, I'll always send in my gun to get it flashed to the newest version, so if there even any bugs, I'll get rid of them.

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

ya dude alpha nows wat hes talking about...

The reason I say that my software is still in BETA is that there was a rare problem (never repeated by anyone except me) where the EEPROM would corrupt itself when the battery was low. For those of you that don't know the EEPROM is the memory where all the setting are stored like ROF, MOD, DWEL, etc. The EEPROM corrupting is a known bug in the AT90S2313 (the microcontroller used by AGD) and is the reason why it was replaced by the Tiny2313. It can be compensated for in the software by detecting invalid values and resetting the EEPROM to default values when an error is detected. The problem is I haven't had time to finish that and if that error occurs the gun is useless until the EEPROM is reflashed. That is the fix I'm working on for BETA 1.6. Once that is fixed and tested I will release it as XMOD 1.0 (no longer BETA). In the mean time I am really trying to require that any of my BETA testers have a programmer so they aren't stuck with a nonfunctioning gun. It would still be fine in mechanical mode but wouldn't work at all in Electronic mode. My guess is that 99.9% of people would never have this problem even if I never fixed it but I will only know once I get more people using it. That is why I don't want peoples' guns flashed unless they have easy access to a programmer.

Also I'm going on vacation to Colorado Skiing... I'm leaving wednesday morning and returning sunday night. I don't have a laptop so I probably won't be replying to any posts, emails, or PM's until Sunday unless the hotel has a free internet cafe.

Talking omg

omg omg ur leavin me in here un checked?? omg who knows what im gonna do..ok dont be suprised when u come back...

Also I'm going on vacation to Colorado Skiing... I'm leaving wednesday morning and returning sunday night.
    Have fun, and DON'T break a leg.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Talking why

now why u gotta go do that...well we dont need his legs do we..we need his brain, and hands..[FONT=Arial]

Hey Lorne. This is Jim, the guy that talked to you on the phone that works for the board company.

I may be able to help you out in the cable departement. Get with me when you get back and hopefully I can be able to help out some.

You have offered up a great service so since I have the means to help I will lend my services as well.

Also for those of you that want to order the STK500 (Digikey is on backorder) You can get them from here http://www.em.avnet.com/home/0,1666,,00.html

They have like 70+ instock as we speak. They are a couple dollars more then Digikey but if you want it they have them.

I should have mine tomorrow and I will Flash my marker this weekend so I will tell you how it works out

Talking gooone

hes on vacation..

Just installed the Xmod in one of my Xs and here is my review:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

He gets 5 out of 5 dancing bananas.

I will try and be more forthcoming after this weekend.

oh darn, he's gone. oh well can someone email me a copy of the program so i can load it up while i wait for my cable to arrive?

pm me for my email

Emailing you the program is not going to do you any good.

The program is AVR studio and you can get it from the manufactures website but there is nothing really to see. It will not work or you cant really do anything until youa re connected to the board.

If you already have a programmer, the program would have came with it as well.

oh sorry, i meant the xmod code. i have my programmer. just waiting on the cable from lornecash now.

The reason I say that my software is still in BETA is that there was a rare problem (never repeated by anyone except me) where the EEPROM would corrupt itself when the battery was low.
    Well, actually...

It's not hard to fix. And keep in mind that... some chips will corrupt the EEPROM data on the first read (at random, regardless of it's location in memory), so do a priming read with junk data first.

Have you looked at what the software could potentially do in error if it reads bad data? I dunno, but code that still executes while using faulty values... makes me nervous... because of potential unknown behavior.

Makes me think of rocket ships blowing up when encountering a divide by zero error...

^^^^^^Good thing we're not playing with rocket ships

kk i want it.....were do i send my money 2?

xAlphav@gmail.com

Whatever you have in your bank account is sufficient.

alpha you have it?...

Talking no

alpha is jokin..[FONT=Arial]

Quote Originally Posted by sean33
    kk i want it.....were do i send my money 2?
    You have to buy the programer from Digikey and also buy the cord from LorneCash if you want it now. Or you could probably wait until LorneCash gives his final approval of the software and you could probably just get someone to flash it for you.

If you want it now buy the programer and email LorneCash. He will be back on Sunday I think.

edit: ok, i'm sorted
    Last edited by Jotsy; 02-24-2006 at 07:11 AM.

Hey there,
    Just got my e-mag. put me on the list for getting the kit.

LMK.
    Last edited by MoeMag; 02-24-2006 at 03:42 AM.

Hey, I was poking around trying to find a version 1 AVRISP and I ran across this site called www.avrfreaks.com

Seem like some nice people from all over the world on the forums.

Just a thought to try and help out.

I am also building a case for my STK500. I will post a pic when it is done if anyone that buys a STK500 whats the plans to build one for theirs.

Just for the newer people starting to follow the thread. Digikey is on backorder for the STK500. I posted another link that you can purchase the STK500 from and they have plenty of stock.
    Last edited by dIVEANX; 02-27-2006 at 07:21 AM.

For thoses of you just joining us please re-read pages 9,10,11 and 12. That way things don't need to be repeated over and over.

Notice: The Norwegian prisoners were executed....er....I mean... shot while trying to escape this morning.

Does anyone know if the orginal programmer that AGD made will work for the XMOD firmware?