Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

I'm not jealous trust me on that hell i havent used my mag in 2-3 months.

I dont give 2 ****s about how i spell/how my english is on here cause its online... who cares.

I'm just saying should something happen I want you to know what the consoquences are.
    And the thing about voiding all AGD warenty so also a heads up to ppl who have this/are getting this. It'd be better to know now than later when they send you a E-mail going "What the hell is this"

If you dont want to worry about this my sugestion is to send a programer and w/e else to AGD to Roman and tell him you know, take a look at it and tell him to show it to Dave. You get Daves seal of aproval your good.
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

Quote Originally Posted by sean33
    dude...im not to sur thats true...only b/c if your playing a game at a playing feild and your suppose to were a mask. ITS PRETTY MUCH THE LAW..(GOD FERBID) if Lorne does get sued..there are lots of ppl on AO that will have his back and put a word in for him

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
    XMOD FOR LIFE
    Here's another...

Talking agdlover

Dear AGDLOVER,

I cannont believe you won't give Lorne credit where it is do. I don't care if you think this is a bad thing, but if you have done the research lorne has been working on this for wuite a long time. To me if he is willing to write a program and test it and offer it to people, i am sure he is certain about what he is doing...hence his ability to write programs and understand thoroughly what is happening. Basically what i am saying is you might not be old enough to understand this yet but he is the only person in all of the paintball industry to write a fully functional program with 99% confidence it will work correctly! In my book i'll take my 1% chance of having a problem...cause I know of this little item called an on/off switch! And just in case there is this thing called a barrel condom...don't know if you know about them yet. Either way this thread was completely information until you had to throw in you two cents. Now as you are broke i will be glad to run into you at badlandz this summer while you are looking down the barrel of my ramping red x-mag!

Nothing will compare...PROPS TO LORNE

SIU VP
    CAPTAIN A-TEAM
    Zigss

Like I've told him in a PM I just sent him I'm sure its great and I know hes had Kayle helping him and stuff but I just wanna make sure you know no stupid mistakes that could cost him happen. Heres my PM to him i just sent:

"I just wanted to be sure you know you were aware of the consoquences that could happen hadnt you taken the propper percauseions about going over this. Yea I was happy with Kayle you know helping you out a lot in the begining and I'm sure you know I'll be a great project. But as you can see AGD is veary picky and percausionet when it comes to firmware. I mean you can see that when they havent publickly released 4.0,4.01,4.2. I'm not trying to be an ******* and make you stop the hole project I just dont wanna see stupid mistakes. Thats all"

I'm not trying to dround out this project to any extent and I do wish the best to him and the project but theres still the tech aspects that need to happen with AGD. LIke I've set up with my vert frame I'm haveing my prototype sent to AGD to have speced and have it aproved by agd so I dont have someone yelling at me about crap AGD aproved.

Good Luck Lorne

Quote Originally Posted by AGDlover
    Like I've told him in a PM I just sent him I'm sure its great and I know hes had Kayle helping him and stuff but I just wanna make sure you know no stupid mistakes that could cost him happen. Heres my PM to him i just sent:

"I just wanted to be sure you know you were aware of the consoquences that could happen hadnt you taken the propper percauseions about going over this. Yea I was happy with Kayle you know helping you out a lot in the begining and I'm sure you know I'll be a great project. But as you can see AGD is veary picky and percausionet when it comes to firmware. I mean you can see that when they havent publickly released 4.0,4.01,4.2. I'm not trying to be an ******* and make you stop the hole project I just dont wanna see stupid mistakes. Thats all"

I'm not trying to dround out this project to any extent and I do wish the best to him and the project but theres still the tech aspects that need to happen with AGD. LIke I've set up with my vert frame I'm haveing my prototype sent to AGD to have speced and have it aproved by agd so I dont have someone yelling at me about crap AGD aproved.

Good Luck Lorne

How condescending is that? Can you believe this guy?

AGD leaves all its x/e-mag users high and dry when it comes to software options. Finally someone steps up to the plate and gives us the update AGD would not. The programmers are not even out yet and our grand legal mind AGDhater is already trying impede the project. Why is there always someone trying to stop progress?

Thanks again Lorne for all the hard work, we appreciate it.

People who talk about "Voiding warantees" need to realize that out of the 2000 or so EMags on the planet, there probably are only about 10 right now that are new enough to be in warrantee.

Im sure if Someone had something to say about all of this, they would have chimmed in to this thread, OR, send Paul a message. (Lornecash)

The fact that he is doing this software basically as "Freeware" helps alot.

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    Here's another...
    heres another what?

I sent my Black Euro XMag that had a body bushing issue into AGD. It has a Predator II DIY kit in it and they didn't say anything about it. They were speedy to fix the issue, and replace my orings in the XValve which were under warranty! Now I'm once again.

sweeet.

I'm all for upgrades and new software. For the most part, as with any product nothing bad will ever happen. In the event that something bad does happen, and if it is determined that the product was the cause, then there could be legal consequences. This could be with any product, not just a software modification. If a simple aftermarket ASA adapter were to crack and expell HP air which causes injury, then the manufacturer of that product could be held responsible if sued. That is why manufacturers have insurance. That is also why there are quality control measures in place to ensure a safe product. Due dilligence goes a long way to prove that a defective product was a fluke not an irresponsible act.

AGDlover is correct in making an alert. People may view it as naysaying, but if it alerts a manufacturer of a product to a potential future threat and saves a lawsuit, then I'll bet that builder will breath a sigh of relief. People always jump on the messanger bearing news that no one wants to hear.

I for one will welcome any new software and aftermarket parts. I as a consumer assume that they are built with quality and properly tested. In the end, it is up to the builder of that product to properly secure his assets to prevent loss through a lawsuit.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

11. 1 Month Ban for AGDLover

Cussing, disruptive behavior, flagrant display of stupidity, etc. and picking the Deep Blue forum of all places to do it.

-The AO Moderation Team
    "Everything in Moderation"

Quote Originally Posted by AGDlover
    If you dont want to worry about this my sugestion is to send a programer and w/e else to AGD to Roman and tell him you know, take a look at it and tell him to show it to Dave. You get Daves seal of aproval your good.
    LOL, and if you don't get Dave's seal of approval tell HIM to give us the upgraded software.............

Quote Originally Posted by AO Moderation Team
    1 Month Ban for AGDLover

Cussing, disruptive behavior, flagrant display of stupidity, etc. and picking the Deep Blue forum of all places to do it.
    Ok guys, lets party! AO Moderation Team, can you get extra ban time for use of improper grammar? I mean, i can understand being lazy, but its the internet, the most you do is sit, type and click. His spelling was atrocious. BTW, Five bucks says he circumvents his ban with a multiple account and gets perm banned

Quote Originally Posted by AO Moderation Team
    1 Month Ban for AGDLover

Yippy kiy yaa!!

I would also like to point out that this software is in the
    BETA TESTING PHASE and will be checked out and tested completely.
    No need for you party poopers to get worried.
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 03-06-2006 at 10:03 AM.

WOOHOO <~~~~~~~~~~~~ doing the cabbage patch LOL Opps Im showing my age now LOL

Wow, pretty cool to see an AO member come up with this software! Congrats and I think I'm gunna have to pick this up!

Lorne,

Any idea of an ETA for the final public release?

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

?

It all depends on how the beta testing goes and if any problems are found.

Paul

so how much longer do you think till its finished?

Well the first round of major BETA testing hasn't even started yet so I'm not sure. Once I get all the programmers sent out and start getting some good feedback other than just "It rocks" then I will have a better idea. Some of my early beta testers did a good job of making me aware of problems but I haven't had any new ones recently so we'll see. I know not many people are playing now and that has a lot to do with it too. I'd shoot for the end of Q3. If no major problems come up by then I'd probably be able to deem it safe for all.

Fa

oops

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    It all depends on how the beta testing goes and if any problems are found.

Paul
    I have the cash for the German programmer now in my paypal account and would like to send you the money. Can you PM me with payment info?

Talking awwwww

11 bravo i leave u alone with the prisoners for five minutes and what did u do??? fine , i get to puch the button next time...and as for a trip to georgia..its personal..gear up and lets move out.....yeah soleniods huh??...just ship that programmer my way when ur ready lorne..

Wow, lorne i know this isn't the feed back your after but just trying to get everyone's whistle wet! I'll get you some good feed back when i get to shoot it. Progrmming was cake took longer to set it up than it did to flash. Thanx for bringing back the name of the mags!
    Zigss
    siu paintball VP
    A-team captain

Speechless

OMFG!!!!

I just got the software on my Xmag tonight, and I am speechless.

Any emag owner that does not get this is a fool.

I did have the full-auto issue, so a little soldering and 10 minutes later and WOW.

We should send strippers to Paul.

you have to solder? to get it..

dude..i want it right now..

Talking stop!!!

ok no fair they are teasin me on purpose!!!!!!! thats it...new mission..operation killjoy...lol ooh wait agdlover tried that..and look what he got....ok ill sit patiently...lol

Quote Originally Posted by sean33
    you have to solder? to get it..

Sort of. Full-auto issue, so I reversed the noid wires.