Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

Lornecash-

Have you spoken to AGD yet about using this new software in there new production Emags, this could open AGD up to a whole new market and increase there sales. If you do get them to purchase it from you then they would not allow you to distribute it to AO, so maybe I should shut my mouth...

Who knows maybe we we'll finally see AGD compeating with SP and Dye, for the top spot all b/c of Lornecash!!

Great job, I cant wait to order mine.

Any news on the programmers from germany yet? You may need to reorder them in german translation as most of the people in that country cant speak english

One of these days I will be able to use my Emags but right now they are

Dam Im gonna blame Europe for the delay this week Lornecash when you recieve the programmers from germany then I can blame the South African postal service instead
    Dam im still impatient. You got any ETA time on those programmers?

Talking solo

ok im going solo on this mision to retrive german programmers....since 11 bravo has his now..i shall return with programmers..and women..for all....over and out..[COLOR=Black]

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    .i shall return with programmers..and women..for all....over and out..[COLOR=Black]
    I want a well-endowed blond, that cannot speak a word of English, is is wearing an outfit like the St.Paulie's girl one with a mug of beer in each hand.

She can work my bachelor party to get enough money to fly home.

Talking yup

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I want a well-endowed blond, that cannot speak a word of English, is is wearing an outfit like the St.Paulie's girl one with a mug of beer in each hand.

She can work my bachelor party to get enough money to fly home.

well endowed..blonde..blue eyed women for all..without a lick of english.. i promise...ooh yeah and programmers too..

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    well endowed..blonde..blue eyed women for all..without a lick of english.. i promise...ooh yeah and programmers too..

Remember, NOT A WORD of English. Ok, well maybe one word: "Yes".

Talking booohooohooo

when are we gonna get out programmers..friggin germans..i want em now...!!!! sorry im impatient..and everyone is teasin me...

Progress Update

I was working on BETA 1.6 again this weekend and I've added the one thing that was holding me back from an official release...

BETA 1.6 now checks the values read in from the EEPROM and if they are out of normal range (AKA corrupted) it will automaticly reset them to a default value. At the moment I have it so that each value is checked individually and reset individually, I was thinking about it on the way to work this morning and I don't think that is the best approach because there is no way to tell if something has been reset other than flipping through the menu's and trying to remember what you had it set to. I'm going to change it so that if one value is reset they all get resetincluding the display brightness... that way if your values get reset you will be able to tell because your display will be on the dimmest setting. I know if you are actually using the dimmest brightness setting that you wouldn't be able to tell but I don't think most people will use that.

What do you guys think? Is that a good way of doing it?

I've also found a bug... for some reason the low battery message never gets displayed... I know it used to a while ago so I'm going to have to go back and check that out before I release BETA 1.6. With that fixed I think that BETA 1.6 will be the last BETA release before 1.0 unless you guys find something esle. I will make sure and get BETA 1.6 done by the time the programmers ship that way I can have everyone testing it all summer and release it as 1.0 in early fourth quarter as scheduled.

You are the man. Free strippers and beer for Lorne LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dIVEANX
    You are the man. Free strippers and beer for Lorne LOL
    My Bachelor party is soon... everyone's invited. Im getting Lornecashe hooked up with a few lap dances. Someone call 11bravo back from his mission and get him there too.

lol....hows the testing going..how much longer??

PROGRAMMERS HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Luckily I have no plans after work tonight and tomorrow night so I will have plenty of time to get them all shipped by Wednesday. I didn't expect them until wednesday so I'll get BETA 1.6 emailed out to everyone by Friday, which should be before you actually recieve the programmers.

I ordered 50 and I have 36 still available so if you want one get it now because I will be posting them on ebay by the end of the week.

How much is the programer again?

DOUBLE

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash

Luckily I have no plans after work tonight and tomorrow night so I will have plenty of time to get them all shipped by Wednesday. I didn't expect them until wednesday so I'll get BETA 1.6 emailed out to everyone by Friday, which should be before you actually recieve the programmers.

I ordered 50 and I have 36 still available so if you want one get it now because I will be posting them on ebay by the end of the week.

NICE!

I was working on BETA 1.6 again this weekend and I've added the one thing that was holding me back from an official release...

BETA 1.6 now checks the values read in from the EEPROM and if they are out of normal range (AKA corrupted) it will automaticly reset them to a default value. At the moment I have it so that each value is checked individually and reset individually, I was thinking about it on the way to work this morning and I don't think that is the best approach because there is no way to tell if something has been reset other than flipping through the menu's and trying to remember what you had it set to. I'm going to change it so that if one value is reset they all get resetincluding the display brightness... that way if your values get reset you will be able to tell because your display will be on the dimmest setting. I know if you are actually using the dimmest brightness setting that you wouldn't be able to tell but I don't think most people will use that.

What do you guys think? Is that a good way of doing it?
    I don't know how much space you have in EEPROM. Can you double buffer?
    Double Buffer Article
    Linked from Murphys Law

Quote Originally Posted by VK700
    I don't know how much space you have in EEPROM. Can you double buffer?
    Double Buffer Article
    Linked from Murphys Law
    I thought of doing that but I can't get any of my three X-Mags to corrupt data when I try. So for now I am just going to rely on resetting the values to defaults. If any of my BETA testers or future users complain about having a corruption problem I will change the code to add a miltibuffer read/write to the EEPROM. Otherwise I'll leave it how I have it since what I have takes less code space.

Dammit! I just knocked my Guiness over in joy.

Okay, not really, but I'm thrilled! Thanks again for all your hard work.

Good !!!!!!!

I would be able to use my emag at Millenium in Paris next July !!!!

And so Mags will rock the world...

Thanks Lornecash

Payment sent! Let the revolution begin!

Talking omgwtforz11111

man im speechless....and guess what board my halo has....hmm i wonder how fast this cheetah board really is..should we find out?? heheeh one things for sure..as for my warp halo set up?? this is gonna be gun....

I can't wait, me and the boys are heading out to castle conquest at EMR, in a few weeks and I am gonna love to see the looks on people's faces when my emag is ripping'em up!!!! Thanks again Lorne, you ARE THE MAN !!!!

update

Will you be sending an updated xmod to all your current testers too?

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy_00
    Will you be sending an updated xmod to all your current testers too?
    For now keep using BETA 1.5 and as soon as I fix the low battery message I will release BETA 1.6. Don't worry it will be soon I'm sure it's a small problem I just have to stop making programmers long enough to find it.

Talking program

lorne can you resend the program to me..i dont have it..thanks..i have the manual..

How do I get in on this??? Sounds like a sweet program!

Woodsy

Talking xmod

start readin'

Alright guys, I've finally finished making all your cables and packaging everything up. I'm sorry it all didn't ship on Wednesday like I said. I slightly underestimated how long it would take me to make everything. It will be shipped tomorrow morning.

Just to let you know, I personally tested each and every programmer and flash cable by flashing BETA 1.6 to my gun before I packaged them up, so I can garuntee you that unless they get smashed in the mail they all work.

I've also fixed the low battery message not appearing when it was supposed to and that means that BETA 1.6 is ready for release. Once I modify the manual I will email everyone the Flash and new manual. Tomorrow and Saturday I will work like mad to get the manual modified to include the instructions for how to use the ICProg to Flash your guns. It is much different from the other two programmers and also about 300% faster. The IcProg takes only 7sec to erase, program, and verify the chip as opposed to the AVRISP and STK500 which both take about 21sec.

Here's another interesting fact... I have yet to actually fire a gun with my own software with either paint or air. I have been quite broke lately and everything I've made so far has been invested into tools that will help me make the software better. That and I had to buy 2 new mainboards because I managed to fry 2 of them... Sparks and smoke... Not good. Don't worry though you're in no danger of that just don't use a variable DC power supply to power your gun while you're trying to flash it. For testing it works great though. Also Don't connect your battery backwards either I also managed to Fry my ACE board doing that. If anyone else did do that and their ACE board is not working I did manage to fix mine by replacing the transistor. I ordered 10 of them from digikey. The way to tell if it's the transistor that's bad is to smell it. If it smells like burnt electronics I can most likely fix it. Long story short I plan on going to play this Sunday and I am excited to see what I can do.

Talking thanks for the update

thanks for the update lorne

you are the man

all hail lornecash

cant wait for my programmer to arrive

and i thought i was the only one to reverse the battery leads on my xmag (to anxious to put the new battery in its case ) fixed it as well