Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

Paypal payment sent

I just sent you a paypal payment.

I must urge you to not spend your weekend filling orders and building cables. Instead I want you to promise that you're going to go out an goggle some upstarts with their 'timmies and Angels with your Mag!

I love taking my 'mech mag out, but can't wait for the full glory of my 2-month old xmod'd E-mag!

Start of a sup air session with my classic PF Automag:
    Kid: "What's that gun? never seen one like that before."
    ME: "Oh this old thing? Just my 15-year old 'mag."
    Kid: "Oh. Mag? Aren't those old rec ball dino guns or something?"
    Me: "Something like that."

3 games in
    Me: "Sorry about the goggle shot, but that's all you gave me!"
    Kid: "Sure, no problem. What's that gun again?"

THANKS LORNE!

I love this kind of stories...

I think that every mag owner could tell one.

And I love to see the face of the chrony guy when I give him my mag...

Thumbs up

Just wanted to give a BIG SHOUTOUT to BigEvil for installing the beta 1.5 software on my X.

Hopefully I can contribute to any findings that has not been mentioned yet....

Anyone who wants this XMOD installed and don't have the programmers, contact BigEvil and he'll hook you up.

BigE THANKS!!!

Put my order in on ebay.

IT truly is available on ebay

AGD X-Mag #XT00187
    AGD Tac-One
    WGP 2003
    Marker Pics

ABTOCMEPTb Guest
    I ordered on ebay as well.

Sorry guys but please don't use BETA 1.6 just yet. I've Found several bugs in that cause the settings to reset. I know what they are now but I don't have time to fix them tonight. I'll see if I can do it sometime early this week but there's a possibility that I won't get to it until next weekend. Something is happenning that I didn't originally anticipate and I will probably wind up doing a semi major change(double buffering) to how I read and write the EEPROM to fix it.
    Last edited by LorneCash; 03-27-2006 at 12:51 AM.

Talking okay

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    Sorry guys but please don't use BETA 1.6 just yet. I've Found several bugs in that cause the settings to reset. I know what they are now but I don't have time to fix them tonight. I'll see if I can do it sometime early this week but there's a possibility that I won't get to it until next weekend. Something is happenning that I didn't originally anticipate and I will probably wind up doing a semi major change(double buffering) to how I read and write the EEPROM to fix it.

then can i get 1.5 then if i cant use 1.6??

Lorne, I dont know if you caught this one, but the LED does some funky things when you go into PRT mode.

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    then can i get 1.5 then if i cant use 1.6??
    If anyone needs the BETA 1.5 Flash please send me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Lorne, I dont know if you caught this one, but the LED does some funky things when you go into PRT mode.
    Yea that's on my list of things to do also, I think I know what's happenning but every attempt to fix it so far has failed. Seeing that it does't really affect anything I'm just leaving it for now though.

Lornecash

I was approched my another guy on AO to look at the idea of making a ACE board that would function with the stock Emag board and software as well as the XMOD. I can do it but I need to know which pins on the boards connectors do what, I.E. VCC, GND, Sig..... I also need to know what DC level the software is looking for on the signal pin.
    Heres the link to the post that discuss this:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...31#post2119431

Thanks
    Chrishew09

What does it do? I just wonder..

SOON!!!

programer help

just wondering if anyone else is haveing a problem gettign thier programer to work

followed all steps in order and keep getting the same message when i start studio and follow directions "no supprted board found " have tried to uninstall and reninstall like the manual says multiple times and still no luck

i will try it on another pc i have and see if that helps

any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot
    just wondering if anyone else is haveing a problem gettign thier programer to work

followed all steps in order and keep getting the same message when i start studio and follow directions "no supprted board found " have tried to uninstall and reninstall like the manual says multiple times and still no luck

i will try it on another pc i have and see if that helps

any help would be appreciated
    The easiest thing would be to try it on a different computer. If you can't do that there is a fix, it involves going into your device manager and finding the installed hardware then changing the setting for which Serial port it is emulating. It has to be set to 1-4. If you still can't get it send me an email with your phone number and I will call you as soon an I get home from work around 5:30pm CST

has anyone tried it with a mac. Mac's are all My family and I own.

Lightfoot, you might want to make sure the USB cable is plugged all the way into the programmer, I know it sounds stupid but I had the same issue on two different computers until I realized the cable wasn't plugged all the way in, it was sticking about 2/3 of the way in but with a little force it popped all the way in and my computer finally recognized the programmer.

On a side note I'm still having an issue myself, and it is driving me up a wall, every time I try to program the gun it is telling me "The specified file is not a valid INTEL HEX file" anyone have any Ideas? The only idea that I have come up with is that some how GMAIL, has changed the file, I have sent it from my GMAIL account to another email account but I'm still getting the same issue, I have also tried it on two different computers, my home system and my work Laptop with no luck. So Lornecash if you could, I sent you and email that contained another email address, when you send out the working flash whether it is 1.5 or 1.6 can you send it to both address so I can try and figure out what is causing this problem.

Hopefully by this weekend I'll be at Futureball.

Quote Originally Posted by Code Name : Cthulhu
    On a side note I'm still having an issue myself, and it is driving me up a wall, every time I try to program the gun it is telling me "The specified file is not a valid INTEL HEX file" anyone have any Ideas? The only idea that I have come up with is that some how GMAIL, has changed the file, I have sent it from my GMAIL account to another email account but I'm still getting the same issue, I have also tried it on two different computers, my home system and my work Laptop with no luck. So Lornecash if you could, I sent you and email that contained another email address, when you send out the working flash whether it is 1.5 or 1.6 can you send it to both address so I can try and figure out what is causing this problem.
    Why don't you also send the file back to me. That way if it's corrupted I'll get the same problem and if it work's we can try to figure out what you are doing wrong. I doubt it would uncorrupt when you send it back... lol

The only idea that I have come up with is that some how GMAIL, has changed the file.
    You can try to zip it up then send it to your other email. This way if gmail is somehow changing or corupting .hex extensions, the .zip format should it intact...

Quote Originally Posted by bambam
    You can try to zip it up then send it to your other email. This way if gmail is somehow changing or corupting .hex extensions, the .zip format should it intact...
    Removing the extension is a better bet. My spam filter will check any zip files and if it sees anything that's on the file extension blacklist inside it, remove the attachment. If it can't open the zip file it gets deleted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by robnix
    Removing the extension is a better bet. My spam filter will check any zip files and if it sees anything that's on the file extension blacklist inside it, remove the attachment. If it can't open the zip file it gets deleted as well.
    I suppose not everyone has a spam filter like yours but removing the extension would work too.

Ok Lornecash, I just sent it back to you. If you’d like I'll also send the copy that I have saved on my computer as well to see if there is a different.

Anyways here is a little more detail, which has lead me to my decision that it was gmail that did something funny to it. When I save the file out of gmail it wants to name the file 1[1].6 Flash.hex.txt" not "1.6 Flash.hex" so that is leading me to believe it is gmail doing something funny, I might be wrong, but who knows. As far as spam filter I don't use any most of the time I just use a junk email account when I sing up for anything online, and reserve my personal email address for friends, it just seems to be a lot easier to do things that way.
    Last edited by Code Name : Cthulhu; 03-28-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Talking my problem solved

hey paul,

thanks for the info on the ports it was setting the programmer to port7 so i changed it to port 4 and it works just fine

thanks

and codename

from what you posted last it looks like gmail changed the file name try and rename it to
    " 1.6 flash.hex" and see if that works for you if it does then just wait till you get the older version and flash to that

just an idea

Same thing happened to me. When I saved the file to the desktop a .txt was added as the extension.

When I couldn't find the file, I looked at the desktop and I saw 1[1].6 Flash.hex.txt. I deleted the .txt and everything worked fine.

Now it's time to do the solenoid.

Great work LorneCash!!!

I have already tried saving and renaming, nothing seems to work. Just a bit of info I am an IT professional so I do know what I'm doing that is why it is driving me nuts. I have done a couple of off the wall things also, like run the file though a hex file verification program and still nothing even that program won't recognize it as a hex file. Now you might understand a bit of my frustration right now, but thanks for the input though, I do appreciate it.

Talking lorne

lorne i sent u an email requesting version 1.5..i have 1.6 but u told us not to use it yet right??

I have already tried saving and renaming, nothing seems to work. Just a bit of info I am an IT professional so I do know what I'm doing that is why it is driving me nuts. I have done a couple of off the wall things also, like run the file though a hex file verification program and still nothing even that program won't recognize it as a hex file. Now you might understand a bit of my frustration right now, but thanks for the input though, I do appreciate it.
    It would be best to send it in a ZIP or RAR so the built in error correction will prevent corruption of the file in transit.
    Forest Gump of paintball

OK guys I fixed the bugs in and I just sent out BETA 1.61 I will not be sending out BETA 1.5 to anyone since I was able to fix this today. Please check your email for more details and if anyone does not have the User Guide rev0.5 please email me and request a copy. The install instructions are pretty specific and will save you a lot of time.

Lornecash-

You realy should talk to AGD about this software, it seems like you are realy doing your homework well, and they might be interesting in it.
    You could do consulting work for them and make a few bucks in the process.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, GREAT JOB!!!!

Well the problem seems to be solved, the file sent to my Comcast account worked wonderful but the file sent to my gmail account still had the same problem. Just to make it easy just remove my gmail account from the distro list and keep my Comcast account on there. This might also be something you might want to keep an eye in the future, gmail just seems to not like HEX files.

I'm just hoping I will have some time this week to play around with the gun before I go out and play this weekend.

Flash?!

OK guys I fixed the bugs in and I just sent out BETA 1.61 I will not be sending out BETA 1.5 to anyone since I was able to fix this today. Please check your email for more details and if anyone does not have the User Guide rev0.5 please email me and request a copy. The install instructions are pretty specific and will save you a lot of time.
    Lornecash-

Please send me the BETA 1.61.