Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

Xmod Beta 1.5

Firing modes:
    • SEMI – Semi auto, fires when trigger is pulled
    • RELS – Semi auto, fires on release of trigger
    • BRST – Burst mode, adjustable from two to nine round burst, stops shooting if trigger is released
    • FULL – Full auto, fires at rate of fire setting while trigger is pulled
    • NXL – X-Ball NXL Style legal ramping, three semi auto shots within 1 sec will enable the fourth shot to be full auto
    • PSP – X-Ball(Tournament) and PSP legal ramping, three semi auto shots within 1 sec will enable the fourth shot to be a three round burst, rate of fire must be set to 15 or below for this mode to be legal
    • HYPR – Hyper mode, fires on pull and release of trigger
    • PR-T – Practice Trigger mode, The Dynamic ROF is displayed on the display as long as the trigger is being pulled. It is updated 4 times per second and the minimum value is 4. If the trigger has not been pulled the last value displayed stays on the screen for bragging rights.

Features:
    • Shot Buffer – There is a one shot buffer for those who can pull the trigger faster than the gun can shoot
    • ROF Adjustment – This setting is universal and applies to all modes. The range is in 8 to 31bps, however assuming the solenoid is wired correctly the gun may not work at rates above 20bps without a full auto bug and an extremely high input pressure.
    • Automatic Warp Advance – When the trigger is pulled the warp feed will advance even if the ACE had disabled the gun from firing
    • Manual Warp Advance – Pressing the bottom button for less than one second will manually advance the warp feed
    • Quick ACE Toggling – Holding the bottom button for greater than 1 sec will cause the ACE to toggle.
    • ACE Enabled – The ACE can be enabled and disabled in the menus
    • ACE Delay Adjustment – ACE delay will cause the gun to pause 0-8ms before firing the gun. The delay can be set to 0ms but depending on how sensitive the ACE is set it may sense the ball before it has completely entered the breech. Setting the ACE delay allows you the extra time without hurting your rate of fire, if balls are loaded is fast enough.
    • Visual Trigger Calibration – In Calibration mode the display will light up when the trigger is pulled allowing for fine tuning of the trigger
    • Visual ACE Calibration – In Calibration mode the display will light up when the ACE detects a ball allowing for quick and easy ACE adjustment. Just put a ball in the breech and roll it with your finger if you ever see the display flicker you need to make your ACE more sensitive.
    • Visual Low Battery Alert – When the battery is low the gun will display a low battery alert when the gun is powered on.
    • Electronic Power On Safety – If the gun is powered on while the trigger is pulled the gun will not fire in any mode until the trigger is released and pulled again (and released for RELS mode)
    • Menu Safety – The trigger must be pulled to exit the menus, but firing the gun will not be enabled until after the exit pull has been released.
    • Solenoid Dwell Adjustment – The solenoid dwell can be adjusted from 5 to 30ms. Maintaining high rates of fire with a high dwell and without allowing adequate time for the solenoid to cool can cause the solenoid to overheat and also damage the gun. The Dwell should be adjusted on an individual basis to a setting that will reliably fire the gun every time, usually between 12 and 15ms
    • Full Auto Fix – 99.9% full auto fix for guns that are wired correctly or incorrectly. All guns will not require this fix but if needed it is fully adjustable. Assuming the fix is needed, with then solenoid dwell set to 15ms and the solenoid wired incorrectly, the rate of fire for the fix to be most effective must be set below 17bps. With the solenoid wired correctly the rate of fire can be increased to 20bps. The fix becomes less effective with higher rates of fire. This feature can be completely disabled.
    • Tournament Lock – When a tournament lock jumper is in place menus will display the mode and rate of fire but neither can be changed. Solenoid dwell and Full Auto Fix are locked in their last state and are not displayed until jumper is removed.
    • Display Brightness Adjustment – The brightness of the display can be adjusted (100%, 80%, 50%, 20%)
    • Scrolling Custom Boot Message – The boot message scrolls and can be easily customized in the source code. Boot personalization will be available in release version. Boot message does not have to scroll.
    • Scrolling Low Battery Message Available – The low battery message does not scroll by default but can be edited and customized to scroll easily in the source code. Low battery personalization will be available at in release version.
    • Fried Board Test – If the trigger is pulled and the top button is then pushed the menu will display but can not be modified until the trigger is released.
    • Solenoid Toggle (PR-T mode only) – The solenoid can be toggled to save battery power if Practice mode is being used. This Setting does not affect any other mode.
    • Power Conservation - Unnecessary components of processor are shut down when not in use to conserve power.
    • Full Alpha Numeric Character Set Available (upper case only) - Boot messages can be customized to say anything, A-Z and 0-9 with room for up to five custom characters

Revision Notes:

Version 1.2
    does not have an ROF counter but I'm working on that. I've used about 90% of the allotted space so the ROF counter will probably be about it. The plan is to make the ROF counter to have both a max BPS and current (Dynamic) BPS counter on one screen. The max will be cleared by pressing the bottom button.

Version 1.3
    Added ROF counter, see PR-T mode (it still has a few bugs)
    Renamed NXL mode to PSP mode
    Added new NXL mode

Version 1.4
    Fixed bugs in PR-T mode (ROF counter)
    Added functionality of bottom button in PR-T mode (Manual Warp Advance and Quick ACE Toggle)
    Added menu to toggle solenoid in PR-T mode
    Added Optional scrolling to low battery alert (must be done on a per person basis)
    Added Optional customization of low battery alert (must be done on a per person basis)
    Added Power saving features
    Changed Functionality of PR-T mode to keep last value on screen if trigger is not being pulled

Version 1.5 (97.1% Usage with default messages)
    Fixed PSP Ramping Smoothed it out so it doesn't seem like you miss shots.
    Increased the max DLAY from 3 to 8ms
    Cut out several unnecessary lines in the code

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    It sounds like if you wanted break beam and you had it hooked up correctly all i would have to do is change that instruction to a sbis, Skip next instruction if bit in IO register is set (1). I would be more than willing to do this if someone wanted to try it. You let me know when you have your gun modified and changing the code will seriously take me 20 sec.
    what would it take for it to be a setup option. if IO=1 then fire if the setup equals 1 and if theIO=1 then do not fire if the setup equals 0

not sure how to say that , but you shoould get the idea. makes more universal software.

or id there another IO point on the board ????
    "It's my buddies gun"
    "I just bought it"
    "It came that way"
    "I borrowed it "
    I HAVE HEARD THEM ALL, SO BE ORIGINAL !!!

My gun says I'm holding it back from doing great things ...

More xmod videos

DRY FIRE, Full Auto, ROF 30, Dwell 15, ACE OFF. Input Pressure 950 +/- 30 PSI

You can see that the marker slows down for a minute. Since it was lying on my bed the trigger pin pushed the trigger forward a few times and would disengage the HES. So I picked the marker off the bed and continued firing. Ohhh how sweet is that thing huh? Ohh and I had to pull my valve apart and push the LVL 10 oring and spacer back in after I degased the marker. I tried to gas it up for the next video and it was leaking gas out the bolt face like crazy. Firing like this is cool, but I dont think its healthy for the marker. Or whoever you decide to shoot at.

http://media.putfile.com/Xmod15fullautodryfire

Live Fire, Semi Auto, ROF 16, Dwell 15, ACE ON, Delay 1, Tourny lock/burst jumper installed. Barrel CCM Carbon fiber 681 back, EGG 2 with Warpfeed board intellifeed to marker. Input Pressure 750 +/- 30 PSI

You see 2 pops. Again they are pops, not chops. I checked the chamber and it was clean, breaks occured about 3/4 the way down the barrel. I feel most people will shoot there Xmod programed EMAG on simular settings.

2nd Video is not woking, having issues uploading to putfile. Give me some time 2 figure out.

PSP mode has been smoothed out ALOT!! It used to have somewhat of a slight delay from when it would go into/out of the 3 round burst. Now it sounds consistent and crisp. The slight "pause" is no longer there.
    ACE Delay can now be set higher. 0-8 for those who have slower feeders/non forcefeed... Then again, if your not using some form of force feed hopper on your emag... I wonder why you even own a EMAG.

The manual... THE MANUAL is IDIOT PROFF!! And I can vouch for it. It is like a choose your own adventure book where after you read a page it says turn to this page for this. It is pretty much written out for all the little newbs who ask all the annoying questions like, what is dwell? How do I change it? Does it use a battery? Will it hurt me if I touch it? I have talked with Lornecash about it and he has plans to make it even more dummy proof with picture representation. So if you cant figure anything out even after reading the manual... please sell your Emag and buy yourself something simple, like a talon pump. Bang bang
    Last edited by Majinebz; 01-01-2006 at 01:21 AM.

E-Mag Break Beam Eyes Software

Quote Originally Posted by KayleAGD
    what would it take for it to be a setup option. if IO=1 then fire if the setup equals 1 and if theIO=1 then do not fire if the setup equals 0

not sure how to say that , but you shoould get the idea. makes more universal software.

or id there another IO point on the board ????

I really don't have enough room left in software to add the menus to change between Break Beam Eyes and stock Eyes. Besides I'd rather just do it for you and when you get it working then You can make a post and I'll email anyone who asks the Break Beam version. Also If you do get a breakbeam Eye made that can plug into the board send me one so i can test it with the software. I'm not going to modify my gun but i'll mount them on a 1" long piece of PVC pipe just so I can verify that all the software is fully compatible. If you choose to persue this don't worry about the crips I ordered extra crimps and connectors. Just leave the wires bare and tell me where they connect to and I'll take care of the rest.

I believe I cam make it so it plugs in the same as the ace board . I will see what i can do .

XMOD Beta 1.5 Release

XMOD Beta 1.5 is available for testing to anyone who sends me an email.

pniedfeldt@gmail.com

I also have added multiple pictures and some new stuff to the user manual. It's up to 15 pages of foolproofing!

The manual now includes a detaild section on how save your current AGD flash to your computer and then how to upload the new Flash into your gun.
    Last edited by LorneCash; 11-11-2007 at 03:47 AM.

I really don't have enough room left in software to add the menus to change between Break Beam Eyes and stock Eyes.
    ok here's to beating the dead horse again .

what if in ace mode 1 the trigger works as normal with the 5v ace sig as a true input
    but in ace mode 0 the trigger waits till the 5v sig goes away ,

both modes use the ace delay
    with ACE mode 1
    if using break beams, use mode 0 with some delay if needed
    if no eyes, mode 0 with no delay (never will see a 5v high)

I know space is a problem but this may make use of the space you are already using..

Thumbs up thank you

thank you thank you thank you

im sure everyone is glad to hear about your success

now if i can just come up with the money for the prgrmer ill be set

Quote Originally Posted by KayleAGD
    ok here's to beating the dead horse again .

what if in ace mode 1 the trigger works as normal with the 5v ace sig as a true input
    but in ace mode 0 the trigger waits till the 5v sig goes away ,

both modes use the ace delay
    with ACE mode 1
    if using break beams, use mode 0 with some delay if needed
    if no eyes, mode 0 with no delay (never will see a 5v high)

I know space is a problem but this may make use of the space you are already using..

That's a possibility, rather than saying ACE ON or ACE OFF I could make it say 0,1,2 for no Eyes, Stock EYE, and Break Beam EYES. Basicly select the number of eyes you want to use. However lets agree to see if you can even geet a break beam to work with the current hardware before i give that option to everyone that probably will never use that feature.

Until I see that it is possible to make that happen I'll agree to make special test versions for anyone who wants to attempt to make it work, but will not incorperate it into the main program.

Way to go man!

I just sent you the money for the progamer/harness.

Thanks,
    Allan

Im going to get one also. Just give me a bit to clear up this $1200 AMEX bill. I hate Christmas!!

AVRISP mkII Backordered

OK guys, I don't want to sound like TAG Sports with the predator, and trust me I hate to do this, but it's only fair to let you know...

The USB programmers have been put on backorder until 01/31/2006. I'm currently working with 2 different Atmel reps to make sure if at all possible I get at least a partial order fill (I ordered 10) ASAP however I can't make any promises. Here's what i do know. The old serial AVRISP can't be purchased anywhere becaue they have been discontinued. Atmel is a large company and will have the AVRISP mkII but it's gonna be a little bit.

Sending me money now will secure your spot in line once i do have them. Any payments made through PayPal are fully refundable for 60 days, which should more than cover you. I've been getting 2-5 requests per day for more info on how to purchase the programmers and I'd estimate that the first 10 are pretty much unofficially spoken for. Officially I have only 3 paid for so far so the line contunues from there but a month from now i am assuming it will be much longer.

I couldnt tell from the description but, when in psp and nxl ramping does it stay in ramping as long as you do not wait more than 1 second between trigger pulls.

Does it do this- Ex. 4 trigger pulls then goes to full auto or three round burst and stays in burst or full auto as long as you dont wait more than a second between pulls.

OK guys, I don't want to sound like TAG Sports with the predator, and trust me I hate to do this, but it's only fair to let you know...

The USB programmers have been put on backorder until 01/31/2006.

Yeah, thats what happens. Gotta love it. Keep us posted Paul. At least now I wont feel guilty for spending money I dont have right now :-)

Being a mag owner is like being a Jets fan, you always have to just sit back and wait till next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    I couldnt tell from the description but, when in psp and nxl ramping does it stay in ramping as long as you do not wait more than 1 second between trigger pulls.

Does it do this- Ex. 4 trigger pulls then goes to full auto or three round burst and stays in burst or full auto as long as you dont wait more than a second between pulls.
    Its most likely exactly as you expect. The 5th and subsequent pulls will also fire either full auto or 3rnd burst as long as a minimum fire rate of 4bps is maintained (250ms between shots). As soon as the ROF drops below 4bps (there's more than 250ms between pulls) the gun will be forced to start over with three semi auto shots.

I'm in! Put me down for a programmer if there is a spot left. Your Paypal please, and I will send the cash. And backorder, I'm use to that. Thanks

ide do this, but i dont have a stock board anymore and my emag is still gone. also, im from milwaukee too.. where do you usually play? ide like to see the softwear sometime

We (Destructive Customs) have a programmer and would be interested in helping you develop the code. We also will be milling emags (ULE bodies only no karta or dallara at the moment) for the use of BB eyes will Aluminum eye covers. Drop me an email cjwilke at gmail dot com
    Kayle did you ever get the HES to work with your pred board? Let me know if you want a pic, i managed to get mine working after frying 2 of them.
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

Ha Ha Ha. Call me crazy! I'm in. This project sounds very promising. The consistent updates and call for user input makes me think that LorneCash will, at the very least, keep me posted on the status of my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Kayle did you ever get the HES to work with your pred board? Let me know if you want a pic, i managed to get mine working after frying 2 of them.
    I could probably help you out with that... drop me a line. I would like a pic of it also if you wouldnt mind

Question Programmer for e-Mag board

Did any of you tryed using Atmel's AVR ISP serial programmer with the e-Mag board?
    I found one for sell but, when I saw the manufacturer's web site, it says the ISP cable has either 6 or 10 pin but, looking at the board on my Mag, I only see 5 pins for the ISP. Despite that, the chip on my board (AT90S2313-4SC) is fully compatible with this programmer. Any ideas? Should I buy this programmer, knowing that it will be fully compatible with my Mag board? Thanks a lot and keep up with the good work!!

Atmel's AVRISP is the programmer I am currently using until the AVRISP mkII's are available. You will need the 6 pin cable... 5 connect to one plug and 1 connects to another.

I know nothing about programing, so sorry if this is a stupid question. I was wondering if, for a fee of course if you could modify or swap out some of the ramping modes?

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    I know nothing about programing, so sorry if this is a stupid question. I was wondering if, for a fee of course if you could modify or swap out some of the ramping modes?
    Yea that's not hard but what else would you want? and don't even ask for any cheater modes to try and sneek by refs cuz i'm not about that.

As far as space is concerned all the modes combined except PR-T are still less code than PR-T by itself, so any additional mode would just replace that one and i'm sure that would give me enough space to do just about anything(within reason). This assumes no extra menus are needed cuz those take a lot of space too.

As far as the fee I'd have to quote you on a per case basis and you'd have to be really precise on what you wanted.

i email you with some questions . dont know if you got them, i will pm you w/ my request
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by yogi
    i email you with some questions . dont know if you got them, i will pm you w/ my request
    thank you
    I got them i'v just been busy. I've graduated now and have been working full time. I know you know this now but for anyone else who reads this when you email me give me 3 days to reply. Hopefully it won't be that long but i get a lot of emails now and don't have always have time to reply that day like when i was in school.

I got them i'v just been busy. I've graduated now and have been working full time. I know you know this now but for anyone else who reads this when you email me give me 3 days to reply. Hopefully it won't be that long but i get a lot of emails now and don't have always have time to reply that day like when i was in school.

well you got back in touch w/ me asap. that was real fast.i can only guess at the email you are getting.this is a project long in comming, i feel it is going to revive the emag. i dare to say you have a lot of greatfull mag owners. Dont get me wrong i think the pred program is good, have one in my angel. but i dont think tag has out best intrest in mind when it comes to all the different boards they put out. you on the otherhand i feel do. thank you

Its most likely exactly as you expect. The 5th and subsequent pulls will also fire either full auto or 3rnd burst as long as a minimum fire rate of 4bps is maintained (250ms between shots). As soon as the ROF drops below 4bps (there's more than 250ms between pulls) the gun will be forced to start over with three semi auto shots.

This is not true "PSP mode" then.

In a true PSP mode once the gun starts to ramp it should stay in ramp mode as long as there is less than 1 sec. between pulls.

If there is longer than 1 sec between pulls then it should drop out of ramp.

What you have is more like a "Millennium mode" except they require a 7 bps minimum to start and maintain ramping.

Your set up would be legal, just a bit harder to use than required.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbud
    This is not true "PSP mode" then. In a true PSP mode once the gun starts to ramp it should stay in ramp mode as long as there is less than 1 sec. between pulls.
    You're right, however, to do a 1 sec timer takes significantly more code. In trying to maximize the availability of other features I chose to let the min be 4 bps. Plus i figured that if you can't pull 4bps you can't pull 4bps you need to find a different hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbud
    What you have is more like a "Millennium mode" except they require a 7 bps minimum to start and maintain ramping. Your set up would be legal, just a bit harder to use than required.
    Like you said 4bps it is perfectly legal for PSP, and actually Millennium 2005 rules specifies an 8bps minimum to start and maintain ramping.

If anyone would like a legal Millennium mode the cost would be $20 please email me if you're interested.

hey there, i was trying to get some sleep the other night but my mind wondering off about this project and what cool stuff you could add (or I could add when i get my programmer )

now correct me if i'm wrong but emags don't have a real power switch like the xmags do right? (i've got an x so i don't know :P ). would it be possible to program one of the back buttons to work as a power switch? sort of a soft shutdown or standby mode feature. i figure you just have to tell the board to shut everything down and not read from anything except that one button.

now the reason i'm asking this is cos i was wondering if it would be possible to program a simple password protection thing that comes up when the board is powered up. it would just use a sequence of button presses and trigger pulls as the password. now i figured the problem with this would be that it would become real irritating having to enter the password everytime before a game, which is where the standby mode feature above comes into play. putting it into standy shuts the gun down but doesn't entirely shuts the board down so therefore remembers the password. so you can show up at a game, switch it on in the morning and put in your password. then for the rest of the day you just put it into standby mode between games. then at the end of the day, you just switch the gun off enitrely, either by using the batt saver plug, the off switch (for Xmags) or removing the batt entirely (for recharging) and the next time you switch it on, you'll need the password again.

anyways, just an idea... i'd be willing to sacrifice some of the fire modes for this feature...
    Last edited by Jotsy; 01-09-2006 at 03:47 AM.