Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: E/X-Mag Microcontroller Programming (Atmel AT90S2313)

^^^^^ So tell us all about it. How did it go.

Lorne, are you still looking for people to test your program? If so, I'll send you my Xmag to flash the board. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Lorne, are you still looking for people to test your program? If so, I'll send you my Xmag to flash the board. Let me know.
    I'm not selling the flash, only the programmers. If you buy a programmer you can flash your gun yourself. That way when I make an upgrade I can just email it to you (for Free) and you can load the new software yoursel and don't have to worry about sending me your gun again. Send me an email at pniedfeldt@gmail.com and request a manual I explain everything in there. I even include screen shots of how to upload the software to your gun.
    Last edited by LorneCash; 11-11-2007 at 03:46 AM.

hey lornecash,

havent had a chance to get out a play with my gun yet, but i have test fired it a bit. i did have a problem at first, however i found that the problem was due to 3 different things that were all my fault.(low air, low batt and incorrectly attached noid wires) ive got these all fixed, so i will be ready to test fire it as soon as i get to play. ill write up a good review for you then.
    President Of the UW-Madison Badger Ballers

AO Feedback

1 of 35 SFL Emags VV02746
    Silver Karta/Logic RT Winner:GOTM Most Bling for December VV04971
    Sydarm SY00715
    Nelspot (under restoration)

Lornecash, I finally looked at the manual that you emailed me and I think that the FIX does what I was asking about earlier.

This concerns the posts I maid about fire hold off for the noid.

Support Lornecash

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd
    Believe me, if you are in the States or another country where it's easy to import from the US, then you should buy it from Lornecash. As I'm in Brazil, I had to do it myself and it was a real pain in the A$$ to do the cable myself... But once I managed to do it, men... It's really easy to reflash the mag board.

Just to update you, I had a real heavy rain last Tuesday, when I was going to play with it for the first time (we had a 170Km traffice jam , did you ever see it on your city?) so I'll probably test it today.

Regards,

Mendel.
    Mendel is right. We should all get behind Lornecash on this- I did. He has taken it on save the emag from being replaced by the Ion. A small fee for the Atmel AVRISP mkII and cables is all that he is asking for- the software is free! This is a break-even labor of love. Email him at pniedfeldt@wi.rr.com.

long live the paperweight

Ben
    "I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when i tried to classify your species...and I realized that you're not actually mammals...every mammal on this planet instinctively develops an equilibrium with the surrounding environment, But you humans do not. You move to an area and you...multiply and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to...spread to another area.........There is another organism that follows the same pattern, do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease. A…plague, ...and we are the cure."

Lornecash, I just sent you $125 for the programmer.

i hope that emags and xmags will spread the world...

Talking mine

paid for mine too, sweeet!!!!

Lorne,

anything on the programers yet?

Talking tommorow

he told me the fisrt 10 would be here the 31st..tommorow..i rodered out of the second set, dont know when those will be here though..

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    he told me the fisrt 10 would be here the 31st..tommorow..i rodered out of the second set, dont know when those will be here though..
    Maybe you misunderstood me, the programmers will be shipping from the distributer on the 31st. I called today and they said they expect them to ship as scheduled.

ok

Yeah I misunderstood, can't wait!!! Thanks

that's good !

After shooting the same classic mag for 14 years, I just ordered a brand new black ULE emag from AGD. All the people I play with have been upgrading to Angels and ION's and while my old 'mech dino was keeping up OK with them, I decided I needed a bit more on the air-ball field.

My mag has always kept me happy and it has always worked, but speed does kill. One thing about the electros that intrigued me was the ramping modes. After my research into the Predator board showed it may never show up I was a bit sad that I'd only have the stock software to work with. Now I find that I can have the best of both worlds and even be able to put the old software back if needed!

From everything I've read, barring bugs, the software already seems to have all the modes and settings that I'd ever need or even dream of.

I've sent Lorne email about obtaining the programmer and harness.

THANKS LORNECASH!

Hate to do this guys buy it looks as if it will be later than expected. I called yesterday and they said everything should ship on time but when I called today they didn't have the parts to ship... There's no word on how soon they will be ready but be sure that as soon as I know anything I'll post it. Would anyone be interested in a serial programmer, if i could get them as a substitute, if it meant getting it sooner? I use a serial one and it works fine I just got a usb to serial adapter($15) for when i need to use a laptop. The price would be the same. I actually checked into this before but they said that they were sold out but I only check one source. I could try harder on that if there was interest.

My laptop has both serial and USB, so I don't care.

Actually, I think I have a serial to USB somewhere...

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Talking me too

my computer has a serial port, i dont mind the diff..

Serial port is good for me as well. I dont mind.

More vids!!!

i don't mind the serial programmer either

Serial is fine for me as well.

-Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    Hate to do this guys buy it looks as if it will be later than expected. I called yesterday and they said everything should ship on time but when I called today they didn't have the parts to ship... There's no word on how soon they will be ready but be sure that as soon as I know anything I'll post it. Would anyone be interested in a serial programmer, if i could get them as a substitute, if it meant getting it sooner? I use a serial one and it works fine I just got a usb to serial adapter($15) for when i need to use a laptop. The price would be the same. I actually checked into this before but they said that they were sold out but I only check one source. I could try harder on that if there was interest.
    You can put me down for a serial as well if that means it will show up sooner.

Jeremy

I can wait Paul, just keep us posted.

Alright one of the distributers says 2-28-06 and the other says 4-7-06... everyone I've checked with is sold out of the serial ones as well... and won't be getting any more since they're out of production. I'm currently exploring the possibility of using a different brand for the AVRISP other than Atmel, but so far those results don't look to promising. Atmel makes the chip we are trying to flash to so it would be a good idea to use Atmel's programmer to flash an Atmel chip but there may be other alternatives.

If anyone is extreemly eager to get this I will agree to flash guns for free until the programmers are available. You will just have to pay for shipping both ways. Basicly just make sure you put the return shipping label on the inside of the box and that way I won't have to mess with anything. Contact me by email (pniedfeldt@gmail.com) if you're interested in this option.

Also if any of you have connections to get an Atmel AVRISP (serial) from eBay or wherever let me know and I'll make the cable for you. Again contact my by email please.
    Last edited by LorneCash; 11-11-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Alright one of the distributers says 2-28-06 and the other says 4-7-06...

The one that says 4-7-06 on their web page just emailed me and said 3-10-06... I assume it has something to do with me having placed that order a long time ago and being fairly high up in the queue.

Talking nice

now thast better, thank you for doing everything you can to get these to us..it shows true dedication and responsiblity for a project you undertook, and i appreciate it..you sir show more determination than others..

Here's one option, Digikey emailed me back and said that the ATSTK500 would also work for this application the only problem is that they are $79 instead of $34. They do have 90 of them is stock though and would therefore be available immediately. If anyone is interested in this as an option you would have to pay me the additional difference plus shipping split between however many want to go with this option and I would have to order one first and verify that It does indeed work. If this happens I will add a section to the User Guide to help explain how to connect to this device. Again if anyone wants go this route send me an email at pniedfeldt@gmail.com
    Last edited by LorneCash; 11-11-2007 at 03:45 AM.

i assume its this?

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/to...p?tool_id=2735

wow, looking at it, i might actually be interested in using it for projects other than my xmag

put me down for one if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Jotsy
    i assume its this? http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/to...p?tool_id=2735 wow, looking at it, i might actually be interested in using it for projects other than my xmag put me down for one if it works
    You are correct that's the link... Ok I've ordered one to test to make sure they will work. As soon as I verify that it does work I will make a post so that anyone who does not want to wait for the AVRISP mkII can get this for an additional $50.

Do you have an address where we can see the programmer that we are waiting on?

Never mind. Is this it?http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/to...+&tool_id=3808