Thread: My RT Classic Project, before and after

My RT Classic Project, before and after

Thought I'd throw up my latest project. This started life as a classic RT powefeed left. Here's the specs now:
    RT valve with lvl 10
    Luke cut down body with a vert feed mod
    Luke cut ULE milled rail shortened and detailed (yes, its still gas through!)
    Intelliframe with Rouge Viper trigger
    Luke Sear mod
    Rouge 15 degree ASA
    CP foregrip
    AIM clamping feed neck
    CP flame drop
    Duck bill
    32 degrees carbon fiber barrel (yes, its an oldy, but suprisingly accurate!)

Gun weighs in at 3.5 pounds with the barrel, 3 without it. I plan on getting a ULT mod as soon as I can afford it. The paint job is 3 coats auto primer, 3 coats red flake model paint, 3 coats gloss topcoat and a Dupont teflon wax job. Here's the pics!

Before:

And After:

I made the decal myself using MS Photodraw and decal paper. If you don't get it, my name is Otto. Pretty sweet huh?!

Last edited by ottomobile; 10-23-2005 at 06:21 PM.

pics arent coming out right

THanks!, pics fixed

nice nice i love the decal...nice way to put a lil of ur touch into it

Both pics are up and working!

Sweet. I wish I had the money for a classic RT. sighs

Better pic of the decals:

The AO VA logo is on the other side...

Automaggot68 Guest
    Thats awesome!

Very neat! I wonder how much weight you could shave off the barrel on the RT. Throw it on a lathe and 30 or so minutes later it could be a bit lighter.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

I really like it.

Although, i think if you left some of the classic RT elements (such as the holes in the front, and maybe the sightrail) it would look even neater

Also, i wouldnt have gone with paint -- It looks nice for paint, but anno (or for the SS body, powder coat) wouldve provided a nicer and more permanant finish.

Still, you did a great job, and it looks nice.

-Josh

True, the stainless steel back more than makes up for the rest being carbon fiber. Although I kinda like the diameter. It makes a nice transition from body to barrel...

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    I really like it.

Although, i think if you left some of the classic RT elements (such as the holes in the front, and maybe the sightrail) it would look even neater

Also, i wouldnt have gone with paint -- It looks nice for paint, but anno (or for the SS body, powder coat) wouldve provided a nicer and more permanant finish.

Still, you did a great job, and it looks nice.

-Josh
    Yeah, the paintjob will probably stay on just for the fall. When I replenish my spending money its going off to KPCUSTOMS for some nice irridecent powder coating...
    The original holes are all still functional ( except for the front row, they got chopped off).
    The forgrip has a slot milled in it so I can slide it forward or even turn it around.
    LukesCustoms does some real quality work.

I went creative and different with the one because its my second RT classic. This is my other one...

Quote Originally Posted by ottomobile
    Yeah, the paintjob will probably stay on just for the fall. When I replenish my spending money its going off to KPCUSTOMS for some nice irridecent powder coating...
    The original holes are all still functional ( except for the front row, they got chopped off).
    The forgrip has a slot milled in it so I can slide it forward or even turn it around.
    LukesCustoms does some real quality work.

I went creative and different with the one because its my second RT classic. This is my other one...
    KP does some nice PC

And yes, Luke's the man, he's good with the mill (its all by hand too!)

Also, i like the 2nd classic (I'm a lefty as well )

-Josh

very nice customizeations!

thats the original body as well?

and what kinda of paintjob is that?

love the color

is the hardline removed or...is it on the other side?

really like the rail milling as well(lines) simple yet elegant

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak
    very nice customizeations!

thats the original body as well?

and what kinda of paintjob is that?

love the color

is the hardline removed or...is it on the other side?

really like the rail milling as well(lines) simple yet elegant

Yup, thats the original body and valve.
    Paintjob--> see first post. It looks good for photos and and is durable enough for handling but like any autopaint, it wasn't made being dropped, scratched or bumped so I don't imagine it will last long on the field. I will get PC'd eventually...

I went with macroline on the other side. I had to remove the hardline because by repositioning the ASA the hardline was the wrong length and I couldn't modify it without damaging it. But the marco line looks pretty good so I don't mind too much...

Yeah, I like the milling too. Luke hand milled it and ULE'd the front inside. First one of its kind!

Hmm, well I was firing this sucker last night and I'm going to have to tweak it. With the sear mod the trigger is a little too short and sensitive. If I'm firm with it like a classic mag it shoots pretty much normal, but if shoot it like an electro the RT effect kicks in REALLY FAST!! It feel like I'm ramping and adding in some serious shots. It almost sounds like I'm going full-auto in bursts.
    I could leave it, but I don't have a halo on it so I don't want it shooting TOO fast... Plus some fields are scared of mechs that shoot like Timmys

Any ideas?

Try turning the imput pressure from your tank down.

Looks good.
    I have an RT Classic but wouldn't change it in any way. Looks too good to mess with.

It's good to see someone is actually doing something with the older RTs.

nice, still wish I could get my hands on a Classic RT.