Thread: morph, vantage, profiler; whats the differance?

morph, vantage, profiler; whats the differance?

Yeah i see some visual differance between the 3 of them, but what is the on the field differance? Do they all use the same lenses? sure looks like it to me. Im really thinkin im gonna save myself some money and buy a vantage instead of a profiler.

What do you all think? BTW i have been playing for 6 years or so and i can count on one hand the number of bounces i have gotten off my flex 7...so dont tell me the profiler magically bounces paint; cause it does not happen! hit on mask=break, end of story! and you will not convince me otherwise.
    Tom was the last of a now extinct breed, a breed of players who build a community, a breed of owners who gave to the sport never taking more than what they deserved. I hope to see you at the feild again some day....

I have a profiler and they are really nice. They are the most comfortably mask I have ever worn. You're right about the bounce factor, but I once saw someone get caught in a lane and have 3 bounces off his mask so anything is possible. I am a firm believor(sp?) that you get what you pay for. Next time you go to the field ask some people if you can try on their masks. That is all.

I can say from experance with my profilers they have saved my *** off the break with bounces off the rubbber I really love them
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

Profiler and Morph use the same lenses.. The profiler has a hard mouth area while the Morph is a soft mouth area..

The Vantage is their entry level mask, with a smaller lens area..

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

Think you got that backwards. Morph has the hard mouth area, and profiler is soft. If you want another opinion, I love my Profiler. I used a masks from the spectra line since 1997, and will never go back. Easy to maintain, no bloody fingertips when trying to change lenses, easy to clean, and very confortable. Never used a morph or vantage, but I would assume the morph would be the same in those areas as the profiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Faddy
    Think you got that backwards. Morph has the hard mouth area, and profiler is soft.
    someone on our team has a morph, and the whole area below the lense is soft. the profiler has a soft nose area and hard area around the jaw.

and yes, although most mask hits break i have gotten a few bounces off of my mask. i even took off the v-force emblems, because i noticed that a few times a shot that just skimmed along my mask would break on the metal emblems. that and when it does break, theyre annoying to clean
    xvalve, ule body, logic vert frame, WWA barrel
    68/30 PE nitro tank
    cp unimount
    halo B

I have used both the Morph and Profiler. The Morph has a nose that sticks out a bit and you can see in the center through the lenses if you look for it - though it does not seem noticeable in game once you realize its there you are constantly looking at it, and for me it got annoying. The Morph is less "bouncey" then the Profiler and just marginally bigger. The profiler is more flexible though - this can promote bounces it can also cause fat lips when it flexes in under a ball, this was not a problem with the Morph
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

im thinkin im gonna go morph, not only because i can save $20.00 (which is half a day at the field, and i rather play with a crappy mask than stay at home at look at a good one). And because showing up in a "elite" level mask will only go aginst the look i am tryin to reach.

I recently decided its much better to look a scrub and be thought an easy elimination than advertise my devotion/ecconomic controbutions (sp) to the sport.

THANKS LOHMAN now im gonna notice that nose thing forever! Seriously though anyone else who has tried both the morph and profiler let me know what you thought!