Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paranoid Parents & Paintball 2

Unhappy Paranoid Parents & Paintball 2

Hm... I'm looking for more help... You know the drill...

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    make your parents a deal.. like youll work harder at school if they let you get a pb marker.. ask them what it would take to let you play and have your own marker

try having them talk to other parents who have kids in teh sport

and we could always try to have one of them snail mail convincing thingys TRANSLATION= everyone on the board sends a letter addressed your your parents asking politley to let you play!
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

Get a job, buy a Mag, hide it under the bed. Haha. (That's kinda what I did actually...)

Dude, get your Dad to play with you. My Dad loves it. He doesn't really like my using up money to upgrade but he asks lots of questions(some I can't answer) and he likes the sport. He's just a little worried that is takes too much money. And he's a Lawyer hehe
    I have no Sig.

Good Traders

Originally posted by Dubstar112
    make your parents a deal.. like youll work harder at school if they let you get a pb marker.. ask them what it would take to let you play and have your own marker

try having them talk to other parents who have kids in teh sport

and we could always try to have one of them snail mail convincing thingys TRANSLATION= everyone on the board sends a letter addressed your your parents asking politley to let you play!
    Hm... the first one didn't work... I tried it about 4 weeks ago. The second one I can't really find someone's parents who encouraged or allowed their kid to play.

DO THE THIRD OPTION! PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS AND DON'T SEND ME ANTRHAX!!!
    Last edited by FooTemps; 12-09-2001 at 07:41 PM.

Haha... That would be funny. If a whole bunch of us wrote letters saying it's ok.

I'm willing if others do.

Originally posted by Puddleglum
    Dude, get your Dad to play with you. My Dad loves it. He doesn't really like my using up money to upgrade but he asks lots of questions(some I can't answer) and he likes the sport. He's just a little worried that is takes too much money. And he's a Lawyer hehe
    My dad is too old to even walk at a fast pace. He's having heart problems right now so he can't. He's also the non physical type that says lots of extreme or rough sports are bad. He says paintball, skateboarding, blading, football, rugby, bmx, motorcross, autocross racing, and hunting is bad.

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    Originally posted by FooTemps

Hm... the first one didn't work... I tried it about 4 weeks ago. The second one I can't really find someone's parents who encouraged or allowed their kid to play.

DO THE THIRD OPTION! PM ME FOR THE ADDRESS AND DON'T SEND MY ANTRHAX!!!

hmm, i was thinking more along the lines of having a few volunteered members with me too..

so if youd like to help foo out pm him for his addy, and we will agree on the context of the letter when we get a couple more people
    Last edited by Dubstar112; 12-09-2001 at 07:31 PM.

Originally posted by Miscue
    Get a job, buy a Mag, hide it under the bed. Haha. (That's kinda what I did actually...)
    That was what I was planning to do. I'm planning on buying e_magman's old mag and having him ship it to my friend. Then I'm gonna cover it up by buying a competition RC...

Good idea? NO! but it's a last resort...

I think this calls for a coordinated effort. Any ideas?

competion RC? ....
    oh yeah hunting is not bad
    polished minimag
    superbolt
    chrome barrels
    and alot of balls
    (paintballs)

Miscue, we should get a couple other people, and all send a message with the same idea... but we dont want any nasty-grams for other people thinking of this!

...AND DON'T SEND MY ANTRHAX!!!
    How could we send you your anthrax? j/k, i know what you ment.

hmm, that RC car idea sounds good, but if everyone else sends letters, i will.
    Classic RT - RT02667
    Blade IntelliFrame
    Dye Ultralight

http://TheHybrid.net/

I'll name all the things that didn't work... In order

1. asking nicely
    2. sucking up
    3. arguing
    4. reason
    5. second opinion
    6. being persistant
    7. being nicer
    8. arguing harder
    9. "screw you I'm going anyways"
    10. "WAHH!!! I WANT IT!!! WAHH!!!"
    11. trying to get better grades (I have A, A+, A-, B, B+, B-)
    12. threatening to take drugs
    13. ::sigh:: depression act
    14. silent treatment
    15. loud treatment
    16. smartassness

I'll name all the things that didn't work... In order

1. asking nicely
    2. sucking up
    3. arguing
    4. reason
    5. second opinion
    6. being persistant
    7. being nicer
    8. arguing harder
    9. "screw you I'm going anyways"
    10. "WAHH!!! I WANT IT!!! WAHH!!!"
    11. trying to get better grades (I have A, A+, A-, B, B+, B-)
    12. threatening to take drugs
    13. ::sigh:: depression act
    14. silent treatment
    15. loud treatment
    16. smartassness
    OH, and I forgot begging... that sould be #4 instead and just bump everything down 1...

Originally posted by DrEvil
    competion RC? ....
    oh yeah hunting is not bad
    Competition racing RC car. I meant to say competition.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| Guest
    pm tom see if he can like talk to your parents on the phone or mail them or sumtin. Hes an extremely nice guy im sure he is willing to do it, especially considering he would be inheritting another mag owner (more $$$$ j/k but really)

Originally posted by RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
    pm tom see if he can like talk to your parents on the phone or mail them or sumtin. Hes an extremely nice guy im sure he is willing to do it, especially considering he would be inheritting another mag owner (more $$$$ j/k but really)
    Sounds good but I think the only thing that would change their minds is if tom came up to seattle and talked to my parents in person... Maybe a paintball rally in front of my house would work...

I need overwhelming power to convince my parents. I tried family, friends, family friends, fellow players, articles, printouts, and data charts... NONE HAVE WORKED. You know why? They refuse to listen, read, or watch whatever I give to them. I'd have force my parents and that means that maybe 3000 letters from the ao members or a couple teams and/or paintball experts/contributors visit my house would have to show up to MAYBE convince my parents.

Don't do it!

That was what I was planning to do. I'm planning on buying e_magman's old mag and having him ship it to my friend. Then I'm gonna cover it up by buying a competition RC...

Good idea? NO! but it's a last resort...
    Don't do it Bro...especially with guns...Earn their repect and wait till its OK to get a gun. You have your whole life adead of you. Don't blow it. I like the Idea of sending your parents a nice letter.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Competition racing RC car. I meant to say competition.
    I got a couple of those, rc10ls and an old Pro10 from the early 90's. superspeedway cars no offroad for meGot alot of trophies hangin up from them.

screw that, Buy it and hide it.

Taking mags apart is fun, its even more fun when you don't know what you're doing

FooTemps - peace with your parents and getting along with them is more important than paintball. You've dragged this on for how many months now? They don't want you to play, you've tried everything short of going behind their backs.
    Great Traders - DiRTyBuNNy - midwikid - than205 - DropKick1 - jericoholics - personman - Siayajin - Remington - Jaymz
    My Feedback

My For Sale and Wanted Thread

I've never had peace with my parents. It is almost impossible because they were from old world china... They don't understand how things work in the here and now very well. They are very traditionalist while I'm not.

Not to mention that my dad really likes to get me mad for entertainment purposes...

well i think the silent treatment did it for me, about 6 years ago. That and a 2 page paper on why paintball is safe and why i should play. Of course alls i wanted back then was a good old tigershark and a mask. Cost my angry parents about 60 bucks for christmas, pump lasted for about 3 months then I got an f-4. That was a piece of crp that lasted a little more than 3 months, I've had a mag ever since. Anyway the moral for the story is, try starting small. Ask for a talon and then go ahead an "break" it when you have enough saved up for a good gun. Make the impression that you need a paintball gun to fit in. Its worth a try. And if nothing else works buy a gun and hide it, i've done that for a few friends.

Originally posted by mag59459
    well i think the silent treatment did it for me, about 6 years ago. That and a 2 page paper on why paintball is safe and why i should play. Of course alls i wanted back then was a good old tigershark and a mask. Cost my angry parents about 60 bucks for christmas, pump lasted for about 3 months then I got an f-4. That was a piece of crp that lasted a little more than 3 months, I've had a mag ever since. Anyway the moral for the story is, try starting small. Ask for a talon and then go ahead an "break" it when you have enough saved up for a good gun. Make the impression that you need a paintball gun to fit in. Its worth a try. And if nothing else works buy a gun and hide it, i've done that for a few friends.
    Well, besides the point, I did all those things to let me play more than once every three months...

Re: Don't do it!

Originally posted by Tunaman
    Don't do it Bro...especially with guns...Earn their repect and wait till its OK to get a gun. You have your whole life adead of you. Don't blow it. I like the Idea of sending your parents a nice letter.
    I tried that for a couple years. That didn't work. They don't respect who I am and that I am not what they want me to be. I don't fit their mold so they are kinda rude to me.

Originally posted by cujdik
    im lucky my mom is cool about me playing paintball i just told her im getting a paintball gun and shes like ok. my friends mom is just like your parents ive asked her if my friend could play and she still keeps saying no til this day. somewhere one one of the boards there is a post from some insurance company or something showing the staticts that prove paintball is safer than every sport including bowling if it will help i will try to find it

paul
    I showed my mom and dad the stats... they didn't read it and told me to stop trying to get into "a stupid game"

well I have a friend who's parents are just like yours, they're also traditional and from china. they dont let him out of the house without them knowing, he has to call his mom to make sure he can play basketball on his driveway. anways, I was the one that got him into paintball and got him hooked. the first time we went, we were planning on going to an amusement park but ended up going paintball, when his parents found out, they were pissed. so he kept on begging for like a 2 months for his dad to just come and watch. when his dad finally came to watch, he saw that he was having alot of fun and that paintball is a pretty safe sport. now his dad buys him almost everything he wants for paintball. hope I helped

Originally posted by shupore
    well I have a friend who's parents are just like yours, they're also traditional and from china. they dont let him out of the house without them knowing, he has to call his mom to make sure he can play basketball on his driveway. anways, I was the one that got him into paintball and got him hooked. the first time we went, we were planning on going to an amusement park but ended up going paintball, when his parents found out, they were pissed. so he kept on begging for like a 2 months for his dad to just come and watch. when his dad finally came to watch, he saw that he was having alot of fun and that paintball is a pretty safe sport. now his dad buys him almost everything he wants for paintball. hope I helped
    I've been trying for almost over a year now. I've done everything imaginable but my parents are far to arrogant to listen to me because I'm not an adult. They think that the image in their head, people running around trying to kill each other with paint, is right and my experience is wrong.

Hmmmm.

If you're up against culture mixed with an iron-will, best of luck to you. Obviously, you don't want to harm your relationship with your parents over a game. You just might be stuck waiting 'till you're 18 and 'legally' on your own. If you buy it and hide it, and they find out, sounds like you're screwed. Don't risk trashing the relationship with your folks.
    As a father of two, I'm just hoping that when my kids get old enough, they'll go with me to play! Hell, I'll even buy their equipment! With my luck, they'll like some easy sport, like rugby.
    the JoKeR

Tragically hip and criminally insane.

Now building the ultimate truck body kit. Click on the logo above for details!