View Poll Results: Review the images and descriptions below, and vote on the best ad concept!

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • WarpFeed - ENGAGE!

15 4.21%
  • Get a good look at it before the game...

160 44.94%
  • Missing: Hopper Hits

181 50.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its YOUR turn - pick which Ad AGD will run next!

Its YOUR turn - pick which Ad AGD will run next!

OK treasured users of automags.org. AGD is looking to put out an ad or two in the future, and they want your help!

Below are three CONCEPT sketches for the new ads. We need you to do two things:

1) Vote on the one you like best
    2) give advice on what you like/don't like about the ads.

Remember, these are just CONCEPT sketches. That means you need to look at if you like the concept or not. Things like placment, fonts, and information will probably be changed as everything is refined. But we need YOU to help us zero in on winning ad!

So - look over each mockup below, read the information, and place your vote!

Thanks!

WarpFeed - ENGAGE!
    This ad is similar to what AGD is used to running in the past. A simple product shot and headlines. The look should be "tuned" up with a more modern look and "techno" motif - most of which isnt really evident in the mockup. It also has alot of information and feature shots to inform the consumer.

Get a good look before the game...
    Something with a bit more attitude than what AGD is used to. A close up shot of a warpfeed on an emag with the tag line touting how the warpfeed will be hard to see on the field. It also has alot of information and feature shots to inform the consumer.

Missing: Hopper Hits
    A bit more tounge in cheek, this ad is a bit more humorous and at the same time makes it clear the advantage of the warp feed. It uses the familar "missing milk carton". It also has alot of information and feature shots to inform the consumer.

So - now make your choice and vote!

Problems or questions with the site or your account? Email me: webmaster@automags.org I collect old guns and paintball gear. Email me if you have stuff to sell!

Paintball Never Dies - www.vintagerex.com

I like the missing hopper hits, it's funny as hell. But it seems a little to plain, maybe add some cookies or something stupid like that. Also, need more tech info. I really like the coffee cup stain though.

later Hills
    Last edited by ah137; 12-09-2001 at 10:54 PM.
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

I like the missing milk carton as well....however in the back drop I would have a faint picture of the emag warp setup.

Or, have a photo looking down the shoulder of someone shooting a warp setup as he is pelting an exposed hopper that is sticking out of a bunker.
    kila

Milk carton!

I really like the milk carton, but #2 would be more appropriate.

Milk carton idea is funny. It should be, "Missing, target of oppertunity" with a picture of a warped e mag poking out from a bunker. Then have the police case file with donut crumbs and coffee cup ring on the paper with the warp feed as the main suspect. A news paper should have a headline saying, "Loaders missing from paintball, Warp Feed prime suspect." Then have a catch phrase on the bottom of the add, "AGD's new warp feed, it's a crime not to use it."

Just a thought...

Originally posted by Rob @ DNR
    Milk carton idea is funny. It should be, "Missing, target of oppertunity" with a picture of a warped e mag poking out from a bunker. Then have the police case file with donut crumbs and coffee cup ring on the paper with the warp feed as the main suspect. A news paper should have a headline saying, "Loaders missing from paintball, Warp Feed prime suspect." Then have a catch phrase on the bottom of the add, "AGD's new warp feed, it's a crime not to use it."

Just a thought...
    now thats funny
    polished minimag
    superbolt
    chrome barrels
    and alot of balls
    (paintballs)

I would have to go with #2 also. I can see it as a finnished ad in my head, and it would be more effective to a wider area IMO.

I like the milk carton one but it would have to be done perfectly to get the desired effect, with out seeming "hokey" or dumb.

ads

3 then 2!

I like three over two because it pushes the fact that the warp can (and should) be used on any gun. Since this is an ad for the Warp Feed and not the EMag I think it's more appropriate.
    Potatoboy!

I had a funny little story about warp feeds. Last tourney I played in with my e mag with warp feed I had ZERO hopper hits. After the tourney was over, a couple of the teams got together for some rec ball. I switched over to my back up gun, a 2001 cocker all chromed out. In the two games I played with the cocker, I was eliminated... both times it was due to hopper hits. That darn warp feed simply works!

AGD, use that for your add. True testimonial's. You have my permission to reprint my words...please....

I like 2 & 3.

-Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

Id have to go with #3, runner up would be #2, with the pic of the warp in the case folder, id have it mounted on an e-mag, but have it focused on the warp, but showing enough of the e-mag that people will see what it is, kind of a little bonus advertising for the e-mag.

View My Mags

"Think First, Think Fast, Be Careful, Pursue. Be Great."

The milk carton one is great. One thing though, I would also make sure that people know that the warp feed will work on ANY gun. Maybe put one on an Angel, cocker, bushy, something else just to make sure that people realize this. I have heard so many people claiming that the warp feed was incompatable with any gun other than an E-mag.

-Chris

Even though #2 shows the emag - it and every ad will have a list of features and explain how any gun can use it...

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    I like 3. Humor seems to reach more people than Attitude. Coffey cup stain and Donut Crumbs have GOT to be there tho

and instead of a folder, make it a newspaper
    with an artical about the warp

i think 3 is a winner
    its funny and gets the point across

Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    I liked # 2:

Although it may come off as a bit cocky to some people.. I think it has the attitude needed to get people buying it
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

Milk Carton. Goes along with the Got Game = E-Mag backwards thing too! Milk commercials get it? See if you can work that in to the graphic and idea as well.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

#3 May I suggest a silhouette of a WARP equipped mag user peeking around the side of the carton Kilroy style or on another "photo" paperclipped to the paper? That way you keep the humor and emphasize the advantageous silhouette.

I'd say go with #3.

It reminds me on the old Infocom ads that ran in the 80's. Those really got to buy a lot of software.
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy? I ate all the pies
    I disable .signatures Apparently you do not.

All three are verry nice! But the "missing..." is great! *rotfl* Also I love the ENGAGE ...
    Greets Manuel
    .:| levelx retro z-minimag |:..:| spearhead #192 |:.
    .:| ---> looking for Flatline 4.5K or AA Apokalypse 2K <--- |:.

Edgy and in your face is what sell these days, that's why I voted for #2. But, #3 is so good that it deserves a consecutive run. I would run them both a couple of pages apart.

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

#2 all the way, for the simple reason that Xzion said, you are advertising two at the same time!!! Then, peple will think "Omg, look a the emag, a high performance marker that takes that high performance warp feed." And you will advertise both at once. Instant product recognition: warp feed + e-mag = AGD's innovation and high performance" somehting like that. maybe....

I do like the milk carton though! haha pretty funny

DEFINITELY #2!!!!!!!!

I think some people see the warp feed on a gun like that, wonder what it is, and maybe never see it again...so by seeing that picture, maybe it will bring up a "hey, I remember seeing one of those" and then they can learn more about it. This ad lets people know who is runnin' the show, whether they like it or not. It lets you know that if you see one of these AGD Warp Feeds, you better take a good look at what totally ripped you up on the field. You don't even have to include the "You won't see it on the field" thing, just the "Take a good look before the game" is hardcore enough to let people know they are gonna get torn up if they go against someone with a warp feed. I think this ad is more bold than #3, although I still like #3, I love #2!

I'd say run #2, if you have enought $$ to do another, go with #3.

-Dave

# 2 or 3

In addition to your main point, make sure that you list, in bulleted format, the other advantages of the Warp Feed as well. Many people do not consider the lack of hopper hits its greatest advantage, but it will do as the focus of the ad.

Benefits:

1. Positive feeding under the highest rates of fire for bursts of up to 20(?) rounds;
    2. Makes shooting out of the left side of a bunker much easier to learn and do;
    3. Makes sighting over the barrel possible in many applications.

Include a link to a URL where people can look at pics of installed Warps on a variety of markers, not just Mags. Also write at least a few sentences about each benefit, with illustrations where possible.

Forget Design #1. You'd have to be either a Trekky or a geek to it appreciate it. In addition to being non-descriptive of the benefits, it is also potentially a violation of intellectual property laws.

I think 2 is a more widely acceptable add, remember, we're calling the very people we want to buy warps "losers" in add 3. I do think it's funny, but I think 2 has more potential. Also, add three has 'loser' misspelled as "looser". Unless that's a play-on-words for "playing loose". I think both 2 and three are worthy.

Steve:

I go with # 2.

Nice ills. btw!
    Paintball Art from http://www.RonnStern.com

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    Having both #2 and #3 Close together in a magazine would Definately make an impression.

If it's within AGD's advertising budget, I'd say "go for it"

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

I'd say go with number two, although personally I prefer both of the others.

I think that number 2 is the most direct and will hit the mark even if the slogan isn't understood as intended, because it shows the product and makes it look cool - which is probably most appropriate for the target audience.

Keith