View Poll Results: Review the images and descriptions below, and vote on the best ad concept!

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • WarpFeed - ENGAGE!

15 4.21%
  • Get a good look at it before the game...

160 44.94%
  • Missing: Hopper Hits

181 50.84%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its YOUR turn - pick which Ad AGD will run next!

I picked milk carton although the 2nd one was great too. But I think there should be a big thing that says "MAJORDAMAGE LOVES HIS WARPFEED...YOU SHOULD TOO!" or somin like that, LOL . Or a picture of me with my warpfeed on my stingray lol.

ENDO!
    Oldskool

My vote would go for #2 because it's got an ego trip goin' for it, and I have never seen bigger egos than in the sport of paintball. They'll eat it up. Especially with it attached to a beautiful E-mag. That will sell it. Maybe a picture of it in the hands of a player getting ready to take the field with the opponents in the background. Their big hoppers sticking out the tops of their guns. That would make me lust after it.
    Good Traders:
    RT_Luver, Dubstar, Sk8ermog, RTrampage, Butterfingers, Emagster,Snakebite78, oldsoldier, italian_animal, ciscokid, cannedheat, Sniper, Bensongg, tombraider68, TAW, unrealsm, NJpaint

My Feedback

Gotta be number 3, it sells the idea that warp will go on any marker. If you do run 2, make it a Xtreme Emag, that way people will be even more curious. I get sick of seeing so many ads that are just pics of the gun's side, or maybe somebody shooting the gun. 3 should stick in your mind more than normal ads.

3 made me laugh even at the drawing. Then 2. 1 kinda sucks.

Make one of the fantasy emags as props and stick the warp on it for ad 2... Oh yeah, the winner gets an RT and his fantasy emag published in a few paintball mags...

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Milk carton all the way... Sex and humor sells, and WDP already got the sex so get the humor.
    Why go to the light, when darkness has its warmth too....
    Brak "I poop in the sink."
    EPIC - Warp - 68/45 Armageddon
    Black 2k LCD
    Green 99 Dark Angel

I think all of them deserve to be printed. #3 is pretty funny, but my vote goes to number 2.
    Last edited by splat15k; 12-13-2001 at 02:14 PM.

HyperSnyper Guest
    Im definitely for #2, it advertises 2 AGD products one time. 2 birds one stone. I think the warfeed enaged and the milk cartone ads take away from the Paintball image. Just my opinion. I guess its preference...

True the warp feed i believe inspired by TK's trekkiness(correct me if I'm wrong) but its a tad cheesy. Im not sure if the younger audience of today will appreciate it.
    #2 Is cool, The pic could be some neeto keen emag siloutte/pic in the background making it eye catching.
    #3 is my pick though, pretty funny and if paintball were popular enough I think it'd be a water cooler conversation. Something you could bring up "Did you see that AGD ad?" Make sure the milk carton stands out somehow though. To me as of now it seems a little small in its environment.
    Just thinking out loud - Ho

hey, I'd be glad to try and make a real prototype of that... I'm just wonderin where I can rent a cop costume near the seattle area...

I really like #3 with alot of other people. But it's important to include enough information to the customer that they know how it works, what it does, and where you can get it.

You could make it flashy too, eye catching so the viewer is caught onto it right away and wants to read the ad.

I know you guys will make a good ad, so I am anxious for the lucky magazine it gets to go in .
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

i like the missing milk carton a lot. however, i feel like it's a little insulting to say that it was last seen on some loser. in fact, it's not just a little insulting, it's very insulting. you want to promote the product not attack the consumer. just my two bits.
    "To serve to strive and not to yield"
    --------------------------------------
    I AM THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!

I like number 2 because it shows the warpfeed on the gun. A lot of people haven't seen one, and they probably dont know how it really works.

I like the attitude of #2, its kinda in your face...its got my vote
    Tom was the last of a now extinct breed, a breed of players who build a community, a breed of owners who gave to the sport never taking more than what they deserved. I hope to see you at the feild again some day....

*1 Ok but not that eye catching
    *2 Got my vote has a lot of attitude just make sure it is full page. This one will definately attract more people than the 1 or 3.
    *3 I don't find this add to be as funny as you people seem to think it is.

i picked the second one

i liked the "take a good look before the game" one because it had the right amount of attitude but it wasnt corny like the milk carton. take a good look gives the consumer more of a secret agent type feel. this will bring in the newer people that really have no clue what they want. they wont be disapointed in it, but you cant get them to buy if they have to know something about it first . an experienced player will know that the warp feed is good for reducing hopper hits. and the information included in the add will help to convince them.
    cant wait to get my bushy

Ad #2 is the best IMO, although the others are cool as well. #2 is the only one showing the Warp Feed on a gun, which is where I think it photographs best, lol. I'll probably be buying one in the near future for the upcoming season, so pick an ad, get it running and I'll see if it inspires me to make a special trip to the local proshop right before closing or if I can still wait another few months. That's the real test.

If ad #2 is pursued, consider picturing the Warp on another Automag, such as the Micromag, as it seems I only see it on the E-Mag and it would be nice to show in the ad, pictoraly, that the Warp gets around.
    "A man's fate is but his disposition."--Menander (343-262 B.C.)

I think appealing to the humorous side of the paintball community would be the best. People pay the most attention to adds on TV that are entertaining. It's just what they want.
    sixty-six.

Du bist, was du machst. Punkt.

I'd have to go with number 2. The attitude is just what sells in paintball these days. Information is great but I think AGD's biggest problem right now is image. I've told people they should get mags and had them tell me that they know mags are great guns but that they're not hip enough. Make your product cool (they are cool but people need to be convinced) and then people will do the research and learn that AGD products are good too. I think most paintball purchases are impulse buys and coolness maters a lot for that.

And there are a lot of people that don't know that the warp works on anything other than an e-mag. I'd definitely use an e-mag in the main shot (or an extreme or SFL) but use lots of different guns in the detail shots.

i like #2. Straight to the point and not too cocky, but just enough.

vote

I say the milk carton, I think that paintball's 'attitude' is becoming to much of a turn off for some players. I know I don't play rec nearly as much as I used to due to the excessive attitude on field. I expect it at the tourneys (not that I like it) becuase there is more at stake. I don't see any reason to encourage it.

I agree, donut crumbs are needed, and some technical info on the warp.
    Automag p/f
    10' dye aluminum
    45 4500
    Benchmark single w/ DYE stickies
    Revi with Evil Propellors
    PMI Drop

I Like #3 , but #2 will make a better attraction for people who don't know about Warpfeed.

I say number 2 then 3, The milk carton is funny but most paintball player respect attitude over humour, by the way # 1 needs a lot of work (just scrap it it is safer that way)

If someone's feelings are hurt when looking at number 3 they need some help. I like the ad and i think others would to. Our culture is so overly sensitized its pathetic. Get over it or just don't look at it again, others find it funny and i don't they should be able to take it away from us.

Next thing is to supply fully colored catalogs like Smart Parts did this last year. You can't beat a good catalog.

Promote what AGD has over all other companys-----

--The Best Tech Department anywhere

--The Best warranty anywhere (Others claim alot of ****, AGD actually does it)

--Fastest shooting gun on the market

--Maker of the Warpfeed

--Original Promoter of Compressed Air
    etc.

Its an uphill battle because AGD's main product is the Mag, and the mag is seen as a High Operating pressure, high ball breakage gun. We here at AO know thats far from the truth. Post some facts that disput this.

Paintballs---

Possibly get in with RP or another Pball maker and work out details to make a ball thicker shelled. It may not be the key thing for tournaments but tournaments represent a minor percentage of the Paintball market. I'd buy thicker shelled paint if it was relatively the same price as current stuff.

just my opinion.
    "Accuracy by volume has been, and will remain, the best way to score eliminations" Tom Kaye

FeedBack

oregon_pb_@hotmail.com

Just looked at my post, its all kinda bunched together. This is the main thing i wanted to post here:

Catalogs. Make some really kool ones and advertise at the bottomg of your ad free catalogs just call. Get these catalogs out to the dealers/public.

If AGD currently makes catalogs i am unaware of them thus the problem. It may cost a little money but overall would be well worth it i think.

Not so much to sell products directly, but to provide technical information on all products being sold. I had *NO* idea what a super bolt was till i came to this web site. None of the Paintballers i know what a super bolt is even now...

milk...that's funny...

gotta be....
    number 3

YAAYYYY!!! I ryhmed!!
    2k1 Lockout Edition acid wash free flow cocker.
    Originally posted by FatMan
    4. Paintball underwear - they have everything else, why not underwear that absorbs sweat before it runs down my crack and won't ride up in my crotch rubbing a rash that lasts for days.
    FatMan

I voted for "Get a good look at it before the game..."

Fireball Autococker
    12" Dye Aluminum
    12" Freak Barrel

If I may make a suggestion...

Definitely use ad #2. Have the phrase at the top, then a square picture of an E-Mag/E-Mag Extreme with Warp and maybe Flatline, then the second line, and then underneath all that have three smaller pics of people playing with the Warp on different guns, i.e. tricked Mag, RT, Micromag, or maybe even a competitor's gun. This would give you the attitude we all love, and also the idea that the Warp works on any gun. List the features of the Warp on the areas of the big pic that isn't taken up by the gun setup.

I just really think that something like that would be a lot more effective than an ad that makes a somewhat feeble attempt to be humorous. I mean, let's face it, a large portion of the people the ad's targeting do NOT like or respect AGD for whatever reason, and those people are going to be more influenced by something that is undeniably cool, and kind of makes their eyes go wide, than something that they can just scoff at and say "oh haha very funny." Cause hey, maybe half of the people who saw the ads would think #3 was funny, but you'd have to be crazy and/or blind to think a Warped E-Mag Extreme looks bad.
    Your head asplode!