Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

So crazy it just might work! The Rhino works as a comfy and sticky buttpad and "mask rest". The quality on those Rhinos is excellent, and the paddign is really great. Could be just the thing. That buttplate is absolutley ghetto fabulous!

Should actually be tighter like this one...

The other one has the Q Loader to far back, and too high up. I have to remember that low in this positon is a good thing.

Just to follow up, I have decided to start sculptin gthe Seburo Pragmata masters in this configuration. I taped the Q under the stock to double check a few things. I still dont have my CMS, and have to manouver around the regular mounting bracket.

As far as distance and height of the Q in relation with the marker and stock, I am pretty sure this is it...

Here is my cat Oscar supervising.

There are two major problems I can forsee already with this configuration. One is that you slightly pinch the Q Loader butt with your bicep and chest. It feels almost like an air tank the way it is cradled there. The second problem is the hand clearacne on the grip, and it is also slightly pinched.

For me, the pros outweight the cons by far, and I am going to go ahead. I can get rid of the Q loader pinch near the chest by making my buttstock wider, and hopefullt when I intigrate the Q housing into the grip plates it will allow for a tighter grip.

Here is a mask update as well. All done the primary sculpting. Now I just have to do some hollowing out a little for maximum ventilation, and some odds and ends.

As I sculpt my Seburo housing, Ill keep pics and post them in a new marker creation thread.

Hello gentleman tired of that sniper myth so here is your answer aoutomag tactical or i would call the WOLF made for the guy that wants to be a sniper of commander its shorter more balanced and everything sorter just in case in get into some bunker action. call for it by name the THE WOLF

BACK IN THE GAME.

The Q loader looks good there. I tried a similar thing with my mag, and found that I didnt liek the Q pod in my face so I taped it to the other side. I still didnt like the way the weight was shifted, but this was a slight thing. It was nice to have the pod right out of the way tho. I like the "wolf" design.

Have you figured out what to use for an elbow yet? Teh one that comes with the Q is too long for this tight curve. Maybe a modified warp elbow?

I have to say, this is one of the best threads I've read on here. (Granted, I didnt wade through all 15 pages of it, but I got the gist) Props to you guys and your hard and relentless work! I personally dont care for the Q-loader, but to each their own. I almost wet myself when I saw that skull mask cover. Incredible work. You should be proud. Cant wait till they are for sale!
    Last edited by RT Old School; 04-04-2006 at 11:59 PM.

real fast (going to work) the warp i was thinking of using but its to big overall to use so i may have to use the hose that comes with the warp feed. and as far as balance if you are a righty is should not be a issue because you will use both your arms to hold it i put it on the left but that will expose me more if i get into a bunker. with the qloader being on the bottom of the barrel you will expose more of yourself when you snap shoot. for all the longBow userS out there give it a try.

i figure since the longbow shroud is so tall and long i figure make use of it andout the q loader on the side as you can see in the pics

the only problem i have is a small enough feed tube that won't crush balls. worse case scenrio i take the qloader feeder face it down and around and have it come up on the left side the cms kit was the best thing they thought of yet
    Last edited by LONEWOLFOO1; 04-05-2006 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    the only problem i have is a small enough feed tube that won't crush balls. worse case scenrio i take the qloader feeder face it down and around and have it come up on the left side the cms kit was the best thing they thought of yet
    Totally. Getting your balls crushed sucks.

I guess you could wrap electrical tape around any part that does not fit snug? Not taping the two things together, but rather taping and winding it around to make the diameters larger, so they fit in more snugly. I did that with my foregrip for my Q Loader bracket clamp.

I almost wet myself when I saw that skull mask cover
    Hehe, I may have to supply the mask cover with some type of absorbant undergarment?

Near the Quad Cities on the Illinois side. Right by the Mississippi River.
    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    Well Ninja of the Night, I said it once and Ill say i again...

I could not care less about how people view my personality online. I simply dont care. If anyone makes a post of a thousand words about how I am a big meanie, I wont even bother reading it. Keep critisizing my personality, and Ill keep ignoring posts of that variety. Weeee!

This is ironic after all, because it was Ninja of the Night that originally came up with idea that the Classic A.I.R. valve was in fact the better valve for sniping. After conducting my own research... I found he was right. So, in a way Ninja encourgaed a huge part of the "sniper" mag.
    Sorry I havn't been of for a while. I guess I could just say that I am more confused than anything. I guess I can see why you like your idea, but all of these body designs just kinda seem to flood the thread.

Now we are seeing some results! I am glad you are getting your design. I was kinda agrivated of hearing about what you were gonna do as apposed to what was being done. Now I can see that you seriously have the intent of making this work.

I am glad to know that my idea of the Classic A.I.R. Valve being better for sniping. That makes me happy to hear that I influenced you, but don't let it be irony. I support your ideas, I just didn't like how you were presenting them. I am glad that you used the Classic Valve.

Back to the point, I am very glad to see your idea progress. I want to see more ideas. I like the project. I personally would prefer your idea to that of the Longbow stock. I personally am digging the idea of a stock with an integrated Q-Loader if you can make it work. It would require some work, but I would love it. I personally like playing with a tank though. I would love to see more ideas based on this set up now that we have seen a physical set up.

Thanks Ninja. Much respect. I have actually decided to play a few games with the setup I took pics of earlier, with the Q Loader under the gripframe in the "borph" pattern. I want to use that style of setup so I can give it an accurate review for everyone who wishes to use this pattern for their own mags. After playing with it a few times Im gonna begin work on the "paintstock", as my CMS adapter will be here by then.

I also tried experimenting with a new metallic based putty, which dries as hard as metal and is still fully sculptable. With this putty I can start with a wood or foam base, and then sculpt over it. I will include a full picture diary for those who wish to do the same.

Basicly, the stuff I have implimented for my mag setup is useless unless people can apply the things learned from it. That is why I wish to test each configuration. This is bacisly for the roamers that are keeping up with this thread, and for their personal gain.

The warp frame and Q Loader combo is simply amazing. It is the low profile stealth basis that every sniper marker should be based on, in my opinion. There is simpy nothing else that comes close to these products. It is a perfect marrige. When I figure out ow to propery silence this combo, and give it the best Q Loader position, it really will be everything the Longbow should have been plus more.

Hey. Im going to my brothers sign shop tommorow to print out and laminate a sheet of MARPAT camoflage. I will use this to cover my marker.

As a warning, the vynil sheets out there mostly suck for camoing your marker and gear. There is an exception tho. Since not everyone has a brother with a sign shop to make their camo, use the CAMOCLAD line of vynil camoflage.

CAMOCLAD is made the same way a sign shop makes it, and even has other advantages too. Sticks super well, and looks great. Totally waterproof, scrath resistant, and will even protect your marker and pods from scrathing.

The only problem is that CAMOCLAD does not have MARPAT, so I got to make my own.

For best results you really need a heat gun, and a little skill with heating and applying vynil. With some practice you will get it down. Spec Ops charges hundreds of dollars for camo jobs on their A5's. You can get the same results with 25 dollars of CAMOCLAD and a little time. Just something to consider.

Famous gamer can you lighten these pics up for me

as you can see in the first 2 pics i had to cut the cms mount to put on the freak barrel system you don't have to cut it if you are using the tac one barrel

the other pics is of the feed system it is tight with this but it will feed the only problem is that if i hold the gun in any other angle beside striaght it won't feed so i am up the prewinds to 16 hopefully it would feed at any angle.

the qloader is real good but you must take the time to learn it off the field i repeat you must learn off the field. total cost right now with new tools dremels,clamps buying tools $1400

specops i should be sponsored or get free goodies the longbow is becomeing a weird but fun project

spec ops owe me.

After looking at my setup for ten minutes i was impressed i can fix nothing if my life depends on it. the only problem i thought of is the hose is so tight that the q loader with more winds could force it thru. but what if i get a slightly larger bore paint or get some crap when i go to skirmish? with the setup i have now i was perfect but this is paintball and all paintball are different. so need a solution a universal solution so i was stareing at my warp system and i did this.

now some of you guys may think that the qloader would interfere with the grip frame it doesn't wy because the longbow shroud is so tall it fits right on the side of the q loader!!

Whoa. That looks like a perfect fit! Very nice indeed. I would set up my Tac One like that in a heartbeat. The Wolf rocks.

Check out some MARPAT camo I did on my marker. Its a little too glossy for my liking, as the super heavy-duty laminating kinda lightened the pattern too much. The good news is that the vinyl coating is ten times more durable than any paintjob. I think I might take it off and start fresh tho, and maybe use a paint-on laminant for better results.

To tell the truth, I kinda miss the marker being black. I know black is boring, but for some reason I miss it. I am covering my marker in a bush rag anyways, so I guess it doesnt matter what color I make it in the end.

famousgamer:

Quick question: will the skull mask ornament withstand being hit dead on?

I am impressed by your ideas and the camo job you did on your gun! It looks nice!
    "Otaeri wa doko desu ka?"
    ------------
    --Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    ------------
    Think you're ready, Grasshopper?
    www.ohioshaolin.com

Quote Originally Posted by phazeshifter
    Quick question: will the skull mask ornament withstand being hit dead on?

I am impressed by your ideas and the camo job you did on your gun! It looks nice!
    Thanks for the compliment. I am actually going to be casting the skull mask in rubber or a flexable plastic, that can withstand a direct hit. It is basicly going to be made from the same stuff that our masks are already made of. Ill let you know how progress goes.

I was just thinking: Why did I want to go remote? To take weight off the marker? Ummm, I am now thinking that the weight would be taken off by having it rest on my shoulder, which is what the tank ends up doing.

Here is an air on photoshop. Now, when it goes on liek this, it should stick most of the weight on top the shoulder when firing, making it really light when shouldered. A also love shouldering those Rhino covers. So sticky and nice.

I dont have my bottle here, as it is being fixed by an airsmith. Here is the photochop tho...

All the sudden snap shooting becomes more of a reality. No hoses. Might be a nice alternative. I am stoked to try it.

Oh yeah. Mask clearance, Duh. Cant get a mask beside that huge tank and have your eyes anywhere near where the red dot is.

I suppose this is the non-red dot setup then.

Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    Thanks for the compliment. I am actually going to be casting the skull mask in rubber or a flexable plastic, that can withstand a direct hit. It is basicly going to be made from the same stuff that our masks are already made of. Ill let you know how progress goes.
    Sweet, bro. I look forward to seeing them in production.

lonewolf that is the best design i have seen so far that a person could build using stock parts

spec ops and qloader should put a pic of your setup on their websites
    i am dirt poor right now and am planning on getting a palmer blazer when i get money but after that you guys can see my version

Feind. A Blazer is like the only paintball marker you DONT have! Hehe, you got a mega collection. I hear you can get those with a side feed feedneck too.

I love this setup...

If there was such thing as adapter plates to lower the stock on a Longbow, Id be very tempted to do this exact setup.

Thanks fr the props but believe me it was night easy to do first the warp adapter does not just slide on the qloader feed port i used a dremel to sand away some of the plstic then i wet sand it to make it some again until it wasa snug fit the q loader adapter is to small for the warp feed but black electric tape fixed that (i hate using tape) maybe the q loader or warp feed oring could help me with that. the cms kit needed to be cut to fit a freak barrel system so that means i need to buy a vise to do that found one at home depot for 20 bucks. i am surprise that spec ops has not chime in yet to give his opnion on the subject your concept is coming to life while mines is using off the shelf parts. i am going to play this weekend and i did some adjustments already the q loader was to close to the body so i left some space in there so it wouldnot bang up aginst the body i have some more ideas i was thinking of finally makeing a p90 automag but the automag donor is expensive (logic frame) soon i finish sorting this out i will get to work. he spec ops send me a riser for my wof system i am tired of the shimed look.

ABTOCMEPTb Guest
    Look what you did guys. SpecOps website is down. I think they are out of business now.

I got a question. Do I have to remove feedneck to install specops adapter?

Ok gemtlemen this my review of the qloader qbow/longbow

where i played skirrmish usa pa 8/9/06

ok i took out the q bow out on the first outing my comp for this outing was
    1) angels
    2) tippmans in vary states
    3) autocockers
    4) spyders in vary states
    5) emags

QLOADER

the good

well people lets start with the qloader it work great if you spend time off the field to learn to break it down and put it together. it bug people out on the field when they look at my gun and saw no hopper people stop me and said that my hopper where missing i flip the gun to the left and they saw the qloader they was imppressed. you will get mad props at the stageing area. it feeds fast you can shoot at any angle with this setup. i got many elimnations with tilting my gun to the side.

the bad

loading the qloader does take some time so much time that i missed the first game. it was expected so i didn't mind, the other thing i had a problem is the paint. q loader must take premuim paint the paint used "skirmish paint" and i felt it didn't work that well. i pre load my qloaders to 14 winds 16 being the max and 12 being the minuim. i figure 14 would be good enough for rec paint. it would take to much time to break down and preload 6 pods so its a gamble with the qloader. if you know what kind of paint you are using in advanced you can adjust according. witch is next to impossible unless skirmish starts to offer premium paint. so in realtiy its not the qloaders fault.

verdict

i recomend the qloader to everybody but you must take the time to learn off the field. and you would use your paint more wisely you can keep a low profile and shoot at any angle plus the feed rate is crazy. hopefully if enough people would buy them they would bring down the price of the pods. its going to happen a lot of people on the field that day like the setup and are going to buy it defiente sales for the q loader guys!

QBOW/shroud kit

the good

when you walk on the field with this thing people stop in there tracks even the high end electros had nothing on the gun. i was king pimp daddy get ready for the attention. i love the fact that you can have a sight and look down the barrel. it the best feeling in the world unobstructive view of the field . its balanced with the q loader on the side of the gun its one of the best woodsball, scenario made guns hands down. but that is where the problems begin.

the bad

as i said in the good this is the best woodsball marker ever made. and thats the problem in the couple of rounds i was in. i could not take the advantage of hideing, sneaking around like i wanted to. maybe its with skirmish fields but i could'nt take advantage of the gun i was always in the action witch wasn't bad because the longbow has the smallest group of shots i ever seen. i should have bought a auotmag long ago. but if this world was fair all the players i was playing against would be playing woodsball. the other team red had some serious speedball players they get behind bunkers and force me to play witch wasn't a problem but the rear stock became a big issue. in one case i bunker two guys i had to expose a great deal of my self to get them out in result witch got me out. i had to take the gun with the stock to go over the bunker just to much exposure for me. i was having to big of a profile. my sight became useless in cqb range,stealth is this guns positive attriubutes, once you give either of them up you are just another paintball player.

this gun would be perfect for big games dday,or any other big game that gives you a safe distance from your enemys,to plot plan and ambush snipe them you can do that without the longbow because this gun has no kick at all. my bushmaster has more kick than my automag. so the rear stock thing (or bring to bear ) has no use if your oppents start to press you. your profile is to big and since all paintball go the same distance you are forceing yourself to play one roll witch is bad but for me. i feel that until the longbow gives you a distinct advatage in range you just another pb player. now if you are able to play a stealth game this gun would be perfect you but can do that with any paintball gun.

the breakdown\on the field

in my eyes the qbow has answered many problems i had with paintball. the hopper is one of them. i was to glad to get rid of it. the stock being so high has created more problems. if i was giving the time to acquire a target bring to bear pull the trigger the stock placement would be fine but once you get into some bunker action the rear stock being so high becomes a liabilty. i needed to get behind the gun to look into the sight. this can be easily done with risers but in effect creates a bigger profile. the stock needs to be lower the reason i got the stock is becuase it feed the line into the rear no snags just like specops said! the longobw did deliver on their promises.

i broke a ball in the barrel i blame the paint not the level 10 the paint leaked down to the superbolt witch in turn stuck the level ten bolt i needed to take out the bolt since its once piece its not a problem right. wrong. when spec ops design the longbow they did not think about people breaking this thing down on the field. to take the shroud off i had to take off the rear stock not problem push pins. i thought i can unsrew the rear and the bolt on the trigger frame but the shroud has 6 bolts witch are small and should have been thumb screws.i can't pull out the bolt without taking out the shroud becuase the macro line kit won't slide the bolt out instead of putting their logo all over the shroud they should have put a hole so you can slide the bolt out. not good.

the verdict

overall i think the qboow is a good gun just keep in mind its meant for snipeing or ambush snipeing. and if your oppenents are smart they will try to force you to play. unless you have a heavy gunner for back up you are going to fight. so now you have to have 2 people to have the power of one that not is good for me and my team beacuse i feel you should able to do any role that i need you to fulfill.

skirmish fields are kind of small so i couldn't take advantage my opponents they used speed to gain the advantage we played more of a speedball game on the woods fast furious playing. this day there was no snipers needed we needed soldiers. the sniper is as only as good as his shot,stealth and range my shots are consitent and so was theres. i didn't have range on them i couldn't ambush them they was afraid of me being sneaky so they force me to play. i did get some sneaky shots in but i could have done that with any gun. the qbow is a big day game gun. if you have a big team you can go off on your own and kick *** but, you may get into some trouble and you need a gun that can get into some bunker action. maybe a folding stock could work specops can reto fit the longbow to fold to the left to get into some bunker action.

specops is right this is a sniper gun and only should be used for sniping but if it does'nt have more range than any other gun so what advantage you have over your oppenents? line of sight and no hopper you can easlily do that with a qloader feed sytem.

specops once told me that he would return my money if i didn't like his product well after trial and erorr and over $1500 spent in getting everthing setup i am retuning the longbow kit to spec ops. i could do better for much less. i reccomend it for the guys or gals thats only going to play sniper roles ONLY. but for me i want something a little more versatile for the game we call paintball.
    Last edited by LONEWOLFOO1; 04-09-2006 at 11:56 AM.

Awsom mask mod tatts cool too

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo
    Awsom mask mod tatts cool too
    Thanks dood.

Excellent review Lonewolf. You gave me a truckload of things to consider.

I am wondering, have you taken the Tac One out and played with just that yet? I am wondering how the Longbow compares to just screwing a bottle in the bottomline asa?

I find it interesting that you made a reference to having to center the Longbow on your chest to fire in needed ways. I had figured this would be an issue with that high stock. I figure it may as well be an air tank at that point.

You also bring up many things to consider as far as being a "sniper" in paintball. I suppose just using a Tac One with an air tank as the stock could be the quick solution to having the best of both worlds?

I actually now shorten my t-stock as far as it can go when I use it nowadays, so I can center it when I need to. I also get almost enough mask clearance with a bottle in my back bottle asa, but it is a little back heavy. Im gonna take some pics and show some other potential Q loader and tank setups when I get the chance sometime. For now I am waiting for some parts, and planning a few scenario games with my friends to get my setup in action so I may provide a similar review.

Thanks for all your hard work and research into the Longbow Lonewolf. I am sure it has helped inform hundreds of people by now, and will probably effect hundreds more from now.

Thanks for the input the problem with the whole milsim thing is crazy. i learned how to shoot properly (military family) once you get a opponent that play speedball you going to have trouble with their shooting their guns to the side and twisting their arms.

what do you do when you comp use military tactics and shoot like this? dangerous!!

i feel scenario guys have a advantage in the woods they could plot plan and be sneaky unlike their speedball countparts. but once they get into a firefight i feel speedball has the advantage. it was good to go against speedball,milsim recball, guys i saw many different style of play. would you really take a m4 switch your arms or turn it 90 degrees and fire it with your bullets? you would be way off unlike paintball with no recoil could easliy get a elimnation with practice. so the question you have to ask your self how do you deal with your competion. that play many different styles of paintball. the longbow /q bow is for guys that has tacitcal training that play against people that have tactical training.

so now i have a new goal i am going for a speedball, milsim setup. something that gives you the best of both worlds. i sent a pm to spec ops about the longbow still no responce i want to hear from him

In all my years of playing, Ive never enjoyed a game of speedball. Not to knock it, but its my personal preference. All the great stories that me and my friends swap back and forth have taken place in the woods. Its been my experience that my best games have been when my ability to play versatile roles has come into play. Do I love sneaking and creeping and flanking someone and shooting them in the back? HELL YES!!!! But I also realize that there are times when I need to be quick, mobile, and throw a helluva lot of paint in a pinch. I tried and played with many different set ups for my equipment. I've ran a pack with six pods and a remote, and Ive done it will only 1 pod in my pocket. Ive had my air on and off gun. Ive ran around in burlap covered ghillies.I had a q-loader that I didnt care for. Ive worn combat boots and Ive worn track cleats. My current set up is as follows: A tight, compact and mobile gun in my warped ULE RT Pro.

As for pods, I got away from wearing 4 or 6 pods on my back, they tend to bounce around too much. I picked up something called a "Dualie" and it holds two pods on my forearm. They are easy to get to, no need to reach around back. I just pop and pour.

I had extra desert BDU's laying around from my last deployment, so I dyed them black using RIT (No need to go out and buy new ones) and had my wife sew sturdy pockets on the insides of the knees and shins. I picked up some padding at wal mart and cut it to fit. The knee pads work perfectly. I understand the newer digi camo BDU's come with pockets for knee and elbow pads already there. After football season was over, I was able to pick up some football cleats on clearance at my local sporting goods store. I run like a champ in them. I used to wear high ankled combat boots, but they were heavy and cumbersome. I wear neoprene style ankle supports just in case a tree root reaches out for me, or I step in a hole, but I am much quicker in the cleats.

It took me years to come up with a setup that I was happy with. With what I run with currently I can play with and against many other types of players. I can flank and pull a one shot, one kill kinda manuver, or I can bunker down and lay cover for my teammates if they need it. I've seen guys with huge milsim guns that are just so cumbersome they are limiting themselves in what they can accomplish on the field. This one guy recently had so much crap velcroed and strapped all over himself, so much that he could hardly move. I exploited his weakness and took him out nearly every game.

The milsim stuff is fun, and I enjoy that type of play more than any other. I just think that one shouldnt limit themselves to a "Bigger and Blacker is Badder" mentality when it comes to their setups, and it looks like that is the conclusion you are coming too as well.
    Last edited by RT Old School; 04-12-2006 at 09:43 AM.

Dozens of things to consider there RT. Thansk for the read! I personally love your setup. That machine looks lethal and tight, and I have a sneaking suspition the Mandilorians are involved with it somehow?!

I think you hit on an interesting and important note. You take a paintball sensibility to the woods, and that is something that there is much too little of these days. Comapnies want players to bog themselves down with vests and fancy duds and crap, and none of it really enhances the game, and ends up costing hundreds of dollars players should be spending on either their markers or their girlfriends. Not in that particular order however.... well who am I kidding?!

I personally learn alot from speedballers, but I also dislike playing speedball. I love the woods, and I even love playing defense all day just to enjoy the woods and woodsy tactics. I do tip my hat to speedball sensibility and tightness, and efficiency.

Your arm pod holders are great. I actually use a dump bag on my hip for replacing Q Loader pods. I hate reaching around my back and pulling out or replacing pods. These Spec Ops vests would make me ill after a day of using them. Its all pockets and compartments. I prefer gravity and speed. I even use my marker gas on latley, since my t stock busted its seal, and I am loving that more and more. I still love those Rhino covers.

Thanks again for the interesting read RT. I invented the player position "Shadow" on the Spec Ops boards, who was basicly a paintball player who doesnt need to buy and bog themselves down with alot of crap to win paintball games. As you may assume, it did not go well on the Spec Ops boards. I was basicly the anti-position position. There is a kernel of truth to my Shadow position tho, and practical paintball choices like yours reflect that RT.

you are right that is the conclusion that i am coming too. i am not knocking the woodsball milsim stuff. i just want to help my teamates win. i am now looking for a warp feed frame one left and one right. i want them in black do you know anybody that sells them. after spending $1500 plus dollars i hope people learned from this exprience. now that i am getting rid of my longbow (sending it back) maybe we should close this thread and really get to work on makeing something that the woodsball guys can use. i may still pick up one of there vests i want to test that out also. this has been fun and a rewarding exprience for me i love playing in the woods i would'nt have it any other way. plus i would like to thank all that gave info, posted pics, brought good and valid points. and i hope to see you guys on the field soon. now that the racing season has begun i need to start working on my race cars.

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. I THANK ALL OF YOU THAT HAS HELPED ME ON MY JOURNEY. A EXPENSIVE ONE YES BUT, A WORTHY ONE INDEED.

LONEWOLF SIGNING OUT RTB....