Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

http://paintmagazine.com/phpBB2/view...?p=52404#52404
    Experimentation with Digital Tigerstripe; whatcha think? by wookie

Just to let the fellows down south, this is what CADPAT look like in the northern environment. It's very effective. If I was back in the folliage, most people would walk by me (steped on).

Sorry for the quality.

Play Hard, Play Safe, Have Fun.
    Last edited by mt84; 06-05-2006 at 05:57 PM.

This is me at the Canadian Contingent monthly games in May. I'm wearing Spec Ops Marauder set with CADPAT tactical vest, on the back of the vest is an Ops Gear MARPAT tank holder, you can see the difference in the patterns.

Play Hard, Play Safe, Have Fun
    Last edited by mt84; 06-06-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    I am all over the ULT, X Valve and HPA. I got my 68 ci 4500 good to go. Just need a better nipple for my t stock and I am good to go. The trigger pull is still a little heavy for my taste, so I am looking forward to the ULT, and the more lightweight X Valve.

Here is a photo spread of the Q-butt I just finished up today. I painted my custom sculpted components black (until they are wrapped in camo) and did up the Q Pods too.

Q Pods do NOT like to be painted, just so you know. I sanded them and they still repel paint. Not fun. Notice the strip left on the pod side. That is to check ammo in your pod. Make sure to do the same if you paint or wrap your pods!

I also added some thin foam rubber to the receiving bottom end of the buttstock, and as a buttplate. The foam on the bottom is to stop the Pod from moving or rubbing on the buttstock. It makes it very snug, and wobble free. The buttplate is nice and comfy, and more comfy than the average buttstock that does not even hold paint! I also carved out the bottom section of the buttstock to lighten it a little.

As you can see the marker sits at a very nice height for shooting, and allows for total mask clearance. The rounded nature of the buttstock allows for super fast shouldering. The low profile nature of hiding the paint in the stock is more like NO profile! This design has far exceeded my expectations for comfort and stealth.

I have still yet to sculpt the foregrip. After that I will write an article on the marker. Included will be a recipie for anyone who wishes to follow the "Borph" pattern marker, which is made from parts off the shelf. My own "Pragmata" version will require some serious sculpting, but that is not to say that it is impossible to duplicate.

Oscar, my cat, is enjoying sniping with this pattern as we speak!

Oh yeah, and these parts are totally removable. The thumbhole part is friction locked between the Q loader and the gripframe, and the buttstock is just sculpted right on top of the old t stock post. I another post Ill take pics of it all broken down.

Thre was alot of debate on the Special Ops forums about what the best sniper marker is. Obviously, anything that throws a paintball is usefull, but proper gear choices help the paintball "sniper.
    - The less there is sticking off the marker the less there is to detect, so the operator of the Pragmata becomes tighter and stealthier.
    - The Q Loader operates without any noise at all, and still delivers paint as fast as any noisy motorized hopper. This also adds to stealth.
    - The mag under the hood is double-regulated, and when fueled with HPA is one of the most consistient markers in the world. This helps with shot-to-shot accuracy and first-shot accuracy, among other things.
    - alot of barrels will do, but the Stiffi does a great job while being quite silent. I might suggest getting the 14 inch however. The 16 is overkill. Alot of stealth and accuracy with the Stiffi.
    - the back bottle adapter, t stock and the naturally tall ADCO red dot provide PLENTY of great mask clearance. A must for anyone who uses a buttstock while wearing a paintball mask.
    - the warp body allows the operator to aim down the barrel, and not beside it. No offsets needed for your red dot. This is a true rifle feel, and aiming becomes intuative and natural this way. You will get shot in the head more however!
    What Kind of paint did you use for your gun? I've used flat black Rustoleum spray paint (the kind they use for bar-b-ques), among other brands, for my own custom gun projects and the stuff literally disolves and turns to sludge when it comes in contact with paintball paint. How well does the paint on your apoxie sculpt hold up to a paintball hit or splatter?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost flanker
    What Kind of paint did you use for your gun? I've used flat black Rustoleum spray paint (the kind they use for bar-b-ques), among other brands, for my own custom gun projects and the stuff literally disolves and turns to sludge when it comes in contact with paintball paint. How well does the paint on your apoxie sculpt hold up to a paintball hit or splatter?
    Spray paint on a paintball marker sucks any way you slice it. I am sure there is some nice stuff out there, but I have not seen it yet. Duracoat is the best. Regular spray paint is bad.

I sanded EVERY part that was painted and it still chipped, flaked, and scratched off. Really what I am talking about is the Q Loader not accepting paint. The sculpted areas are not bad.

To do my camo I use adhesive vinyl sheets that have been custom printed with the camo of my BDUs. I heat gun em on.

The Apoxie Sculpt can take a hit like any other plastic component, as it is a plastic in essence. It is fairly lightweight, and is very strong. Sanding it into the desired smoothness is quite easy and long as you have a fair bit of skill in the area. It is actually ten times easier to just paint the Apoxie parts you make, as it accepts paint very well. The marker and Q Loader do not. Betweent he vinyl layer and the durability of the Apoxie parts I am confident it will hold up to some serious stress.

Quote Originally Posted by mt84
    This is me at the Canadian Contingent monthly games in May. I'm wearing Spec Ops Marauder set with CADPAT tactical vest, on the back of the vest is an Ops Gear MARPAT tank holder, you can see the difference in the patterns.

Play Hard, Play Safe, Have Fun
    That pic makes a pretty strong agruement for the Spec Ops marauder pattern. It looks pretty good in the forest there that you are in MT.

I am Canadian too, and I wish I liked CADPAT more, but I find it too dark. It is too bad because all the darker stuff looks cooler!

I was just at a Marine base in Hawaii and it was nice to see soem MARPAT around the place. Their official pattern has less blotches in it as opposed to alot of knock off patterns out there, so buyer beware. It was also interestign to see the varying degrees of wear and fading in the Marpat pattern. It actually appears to get better as it gets older, as the colors settle down and become very natural.

Here is a pic of my recently mod'ed mask, as well as a link to the SpecOps thread that started the project. Enjoy!

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com...howtopic=62184

nice mask ... any other tactical mag projects out there?

well my tac emag is coming along really slowly due to lack of funds but i did make a rain gaurd that works better than i could have ever imagined

pfft

My Version of a Tatical Classic 68.

[IMG][/IMG]

Missing in the picture is the M4 collapsible stock.

beautiful

Know what i think this guy has you all beat

Thats the Elite Super UBER ZOMFG WTF Tactical mod there....

if only it shot paintballs

Talking sweet

famousgamer has a sweet gun and sweet tats!!! good job, and nice tats

had to dig up this treasure

bump

Near the Quad Cities on the Illinois side. Right by the Mississippi River.
    Dude, I just realised something. So, I know I havn't been on for like a **** long time, but dude, your marker looks like the pistol "Matilda" from Resident Evil 4. The thing that is even funnier, if you upgrade "Matilda" all the way up with exclusive, it holds 100 rounds. This is funny because not only does your marker look like Matilda (in so many ways it lacks humor), it also holds the exact number of paintballs as Matilda does rounds (with the Q-pod and all).

my version of a tactical mag:

Classic Automag 68
    Warp right body
    Proteam adaptor 10 round stick feed
    Palmer Sideline Stabilizer
    AGD MicroCAII
    Taso 8" pro series SS barrel
    Taso sight rail
    modded B-Square Air Gun Adapter dovetail to weaver
    faux Aimpoint

20 rounds per 12 gram

more pix:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox/PB/tacmag02.jpg
    http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox/PB/tacmag03.jpg
    http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox/PB/tacmag04.jpg
    http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox/PB/tacmag05.jpg

that is pretty cool
    does the stabilizer help with Co2 usage

Quote Originally Posted by paintball_fiend
    that is pretty cool
    does the stabilizer help with Co2 usage
    indeed it does

without the stabiizer i was frosting out at 12 shots at 1 per second

with the stabilizer it will shoot 20 before the pressure is too low to recock

verrrrrrryyyy nice work doc
    put that in for the next motm

Here's mine.

So I finally got around to taking a picture of my Tactical style automag.

I swapped out the rail that came with the Tac-One for a classic rail to mount the stock, otherwise its your basic Tac-One with Longbow magazine system. The stock's angle provides perfect mask clearance for me.

those are some pretty nice setups. Ghost Flanker, that has got to be the best tac setup I've seen for a mag in a long time. I like the back Q-loader set up...reduces the profile to nill...you should seriously either patented it, or think about selling the design..might catch on

A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
    You know, to a person that tends not to think to hard about any one thing, I can definitley see how rediculous/boring this thread must appear.
    Um I'd really back off on the flames if you want to be taken seriously. I've been reading this thread (haven’t finished yet but I’m working on it) and man you are way to full of yourself some times. Famous you are talented I'll give you that, and a lot of your ideas bear merit however you are not god's gift to paintball relax a bit and consider that other people may have ideas that are even better then yours, and/or they may just be sick of hearing you b***h about specops. The price tag on their stuff may be a bit steep but it's their prerogative to sell at whatever price people are willing to pay.

We have to also consider that this thread has influenced hundreds of viewers, who are "lurkers". We are helping people make good gear choices by debating each side of each debate. It may get emotional, or even boring at times, but I like to think about the lone person who skims this thread and learns a thing or two about how to spend their hard earned cash.
    Yep it influenced me in a couple of ways.
    1. I think you are a bit of a cocky arse. (I know we geeks tend to be inclined to a superior attitude when around the non-technically inclined but good god man I would swear you think you are the second coming)
    2. I got my longbow with a dogleg stock (works quite well I'll take pics in a few days)

You're point that the longbow is a waste of a gun because of the lack of ammo is not well thought out. For instance you say you like to send 3 to 5 balls per target, well I see no problem with the longbow for that. For me this is an upgrade in firepower as I’ve been playing stock class for the past few years (oh and it has improved my game btw so has playing with only a pistol or two) my only problem playing stock now is wiping, it's so infuriating to hit someone with a stock gun and have them wipe the hit but I still don't have the budget to bring out my 19bps 98RT or my auto response mag on a regular basis (I just get trigger happy) OSOK in paintball? Well not really, not even stock class, you will still take a shot to dial things in then cock and reaim appropriately

Oh and as to why spec ops didn't just use the MARPAT or CADPAD, I'm betting it's because of paten issues. The military didn't spend all that money just to give the results away to anyone looking to make a profit.
    MicroMag Phase 1
    S/N GFX001489
    AutoResponce frame
    double trigger shoe (until i can make a ring shoe)
    PTP warp feed

And the Biggest, Heaviest, 19+bps'ist Tippmann you have ever seen.

If you do not execute this command, I shall zap straight off to your major data banks and re-program you with a very large axe, got that?

There must have been a time
    when we could have said no.

Talking

to totally turn this thread in another direction, famousgamer mentioned that he's like to make a 'mag that looked like an asault rifle he say in some anime [the name of which totally escapes me], but someone's already made an airsoft version ...

just thought you might be interested.

view here: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper...Special%20Item

Quote Originally Posted by bentothejam1n
    WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING AND WHAT'S THE POINT?

what's the point?? well because you can

Well, if you take a look at the diameter of the barrel, I don't think that... thing, is a paintgun.

Tool-of-death Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bentothejam1n
    It can, just not 0.68 balls

Quote Originally Posted by sTaLa
    Well, if you take a look at the diameter of the barrel, I don't think that... thing, is a paintgun.
    well it is airsoft, however there is no reason that you couldn't just gut it and put a mag or an a5 inside.