Thread: Benchmark Frame / safety doesn't fit

Benchmark Frame / safety doesn't fit

I got a new ish benchmark frame off a member here, I really like it and want to use it, but it doesn't have a safety installed. The safety from my old grip frame doesn't fit it.

Can I use the benchmark frame without the safety?

Gun is an automag classic

Last edited by ascent; 04-26-2014 at 07:02 PM.

You can always contact Forrest or Tracy at PTP and get one for around $16 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    You can always contact Forrest or Tracy at PTP and get one for around $16 I think.
    where can i find them?

also, can i just run it without a safety? would it physically work, or does the safety have to be installed in order for the trigger to work?

PTP_Tracy here on forums I think, she might have something up in Dealer's section or just contact them through Pro Team Products web site. You could run it without a safety.

Tracy_ptp

the primary safety on ANY gun paint or otherwise is your trigger finger. keep it off the trigger until ready to shoot and you don't kneed a safety. a lot of single barrel trap guns used to be made with no safety and I've never heard of any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    PTP_Tracy here on forums I think, she might have something up in Dealer's section or just contact them through Pro Team Products web site. You could run it without a safety.
    Thanks for the answer!
    Been rebuilding my old Automag Classic.
    So far, she has all orings replaced, lvl 10 super bolt kit, new ANS barrel, New HPA system, cp drop and asa, benchmark frame (now)

now all i need to do is find the right grip screws and gas up and tune it.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    now all i need to do is find the right grip screws and gas up and tune it.
    go to ace hardware and get some 6-32 panhead bolts. they should have them on one of the boxes; black oxide coated steel with a hex head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    go to ace hardware and get some 6-32 panhead bolts. they should have them on one of the boxes; black oxide coated steel with a hex head.
    looks like that did the trick!