Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMan
    have you guys thought of doing a sten gun out of a mini mag! Add a horizontal mag and a folding stock and you wont be able to tell the difference!!
    Sten gun? Got a pic for reference?

Did he ever mention what he used to make the stock? I PMEd him a couple times in the past but he never replied.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMan
    have you guys thought of doing a sten gun out of a mini mag! Add a horizontal mag and a folding stock and you wont be able to tell the difference!!
    Certainly thought of it before. You could even make a functional magazine out of a Qloader. If you based it on the RT valve you could really mow people down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus
    Did he ever mention what he used to make the stock? I PMEd him a couple times in the past but he never replied.
    If you dig through the thread, you'll see what he used in detail, and how he made it. The stock is made of a store-bought air-through stock (the top part) with custom molded plastic for aesthetics and comfort (which he crafted himself.)

His build inspired the Park-52 Mag, which is using a nearly identical rear setup (except my stock is at 0 degrees, and his stock is at 15 degrees), and I'll be putting the air on the FRONT of the marker, under the barrel, instead of a remote setup. Before we get into lengthy discussions about weight, I'll be using 3.5 oz tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera
    If you dig through the thread, you'll see what he used in detail, and how he made it. The stock is made of a store-bought air-through stock (the top part) with custom molded plastic for aesthetics and comfort (which he crafted himself.)

His build inspired the Park-52 Mag, which is using a nearly identical rear setup (except my stock is at 0 degrees, and his stock is at 15 degrees), and I'll be putting the air on the FRONT of the marker, under the barrel, instead of a remote setup. Before we get into lengthy discussions about weight, I'll be using 3.5 oz tanks.
    I know all that except what kind of plastic he used. "Custom molded plastic" doesen't tell me much,

This is what he used.
    The white you see on the Profiler is a base layer of white epoxy putty, called Aves Apoxie Sculpt. Its excellent stuff. I do the final detail layer with green epoxy putty, called "green stuff". It is what my girlfriend uses to sculpt miniatures with, and it holds detail very well..

Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    The good news is that if the Spec Ops Longbow buttplate is attached to the rear of the Automag/TAC ONE grip (see first diagram), ANY Spec Ops stock can then be attached. Of course they would have to sell me that one peice (the buttplate), and I am not even sure if they do that.

Regardless if it works out I will post my plans here so you can try something similar to you marker. When a few more things get ironed out here, the findings should benifit all automag owners that want a more tactical feel from their marker.

Thanks for the input.

P.S. This is how the buttplate attaches itself to the bent aluminum bar...

This would be better if it could be attached ot the rt frame, and not the handle screw tho.
    I have the Longbow Stock and I needed to make it about 2" longer cause I have gorilla arms. (hence, "Silverback", ) I like this adapter, are you using aluminum bar stock, or steel?

Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer

Yes, there is a raise to Borphs setup, but his stock is also much lower than the Longbow stock. That makes the difference. Also notice that the T stock is potentially longer (it is adjustable) and more comfy. That Longbow stock seems to get shorter and shorter the more I look at it.

And, ummm.... I think that you were fudging yer pics a bit on purpose Spec Ops. For example...

Notice anything weird? Your head is not even tilted Spec Ops, and I think it is highly unlikley that you are somehow reaching the red dot with your eye without tilting your melon.

Since taking those pics only took you "20 seconds" Spec Ops, I am sure you will not mind submitting some new ones where you are in fact looking thru the red dot? Oh, and Happy Birthday.

EDIT: I included this one just for fun...

The mystery stock... and the man that aims with his forehead.
    I Know why his head is bent, he is using his RIGHT EYE to sight, while shooting LEFT handed. (I know because I'm LEFT EYED and have to turn my head when shooting my pistol, rifle or paintball gun RIGHT HANDED, but not when I shoot LEFT HANDED.

HMMMM, who's fudging whoses pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback
    HMMMM, who's fudging whoses pictures?
    Well, being that none of those pictures were originally posted by him, I'd say, um, not him.

Oh, and he won't reply, I don't think he comes here anymore. Which is why I find it funny that everyone necroposts this thread asking him questions... Check right above the picture, though, he says he's using a bent aluminum bar.

The big reason why the head is not tilted is simply the height of the red dot sight. If you notice, the SpecOps setup has a shroud on top of a vertical feed, and then a sight on top of that. It's much higher, and easier to get your head behind. However, it doesn't lend itself well to a low profile, as compared to a side feed and the sight with no riser directly on top of the body.

However, this is a good thread to necro, as it has a lot of good ideas being bantered about.

That appears to be the bipod I mailed to famousgamer in exchange for the custom bottomline mount and butt-stock. Never heard from him since. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal
    Tis a good question and I think I have the answer.

I saw this:

On ebay.

So Life probally happened and he gave up the project and sold the marker as it was in that pictures. I think it even said something along the lines of him getting out of paintball. But I may be mis remembering that. Or someone made an identical marker and sold it on ebay. No likely, but possible.
    -DocJ

ReTroMag: XValve, ZBody, 12" Lapco Bigshot .697, Extreme Rage Omega body rail, Armson folding foregrip, ProLine Autoresponse (intellifed), Dye Stickies, Adco Hot Shot
    Hopper: 12v VL Revolution (XBoard, Vortex) WarpFeed (Bigcell), ProTeam Pro Feed
    Remote: 3K Flatline, Furon coiled hose, Staubli ProConnect QD w/shut off, Smart Parts gas-thru stock, Back Bottle Adapter, microline, 1+2 made from an Army surplus gas mask bag

Quote Originally Posted by borph
    That appears to be the bipod I mailed to famousgamer in exchange for the custom bottomline mount and butt-stock. Never heard from him since. Shame.
    No kidding, he really disappeared after this thread. I was hoping for a whole revolution of light'n'tight low-profile classic 'mags; FamousGamer inspired my build to a great degree, and I've gotten PMs from multiple people telling me my build inspired theirs. Cool stuff, I think this style setup is awesome and it even seems to be catching on a bit, but the guy who really started it just dropped off the radar. Still a trip down memory lane whenever someone bumps this thread, though.

ill take a look at this on a later date

Where can i get the PRO classic, and does it have the RT.

HELLO WARRIORS. Its been a long time i have posted here. Finally I have built the Ultimate woodsball Marker!! Hundreds was spent to make this happen. If you do not believe me look at my previous posts. unfortunately there is no such thing as the paintball sniper. Primary all paintball shoot the same distance. so I opt to be more flexible. The longbow is only design for one role and on role only. Once your opposition is aware of your whereabouts. You have very little time to fight back, the gun is big and cumbersome. I have used the LONG BOW, QBOW, WARPFEED, all have its disadvantages and advantages. so i took a little bit from every setup and came up with this setup:

this setup is very adaptable, you can crawl and play the sniper role. plus have the firepower and line of sight to lay down proper shots. low profile, light and most of all serviceable. this setup can be disassemble with allen keys and with hand screws enjoy!
    BACK IN THE GAME.

MAGnetism Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    HELLO WARRIORS. Its been a long time i have posted here. Finally I have built the Ultimate woodsball Marker!! Hundreds was spent to make this happen. If you do not believe me look at my previous posts. unfortunately there is no such thing as the paintball sniper. Primary all paintball shoot the same distance. so I opt to be more flexible. The longbow is only design for one role and on role only. Once your opposition is aware of your whereabouts. You have very little time to fight back, the gun is big and cumbersome. I have used the LONG BOW, QBOW, WARPFEED, all have its disadvantages and advantages. so i took a little bit from every setup and came up with this setup:

this setup is very adaptable, you can crawl and play the sniper role. plus have the firepower and line of sight to lay down proper shots. low profile, light and most of all serviceable. this setup can be disassemble with allen keys and with hand screws enjoy!
    That's pretty cool man.

THANKS!! It only took me 2 years to get it the way i want it boy did i blow some money!!!,but there is no other like it period. no if I can get it to shoot!! must be the shims.

my mini CQB mag baby.

dont know if this link will work but have a look .
    used to run this with ten shot tubes and 12 grams . for room clearing.

its so small and light http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/view...php?f=6&t=5230

this for me is what tach is small light with a job to do
    Last edited by gommie404; 11-03-2008 at 05:51 AM.

i need to read this last few posts

"For every rifle style stock Special Ops makes,

For every rifle style stock Special Ops makes, they sell another off set sight mount, or overly huge sight riser to compensate for the lack of mask clearance... and they are not honest about the fact that their stocks like that are primarily for looks, not function. They are gouging, and I dont like it.
    Afterbuying a cool wire stock for my Tippmann 98 I realized this. The new stock requires a new sighting arrangement ....so more accesories.........and dollars spent.

A soft face mask can help somewhat with this problem. The other problem is the inherent paintball inaccuracy ............ so sighting is somewhat unnecessary. Its taken me a whole season to learn to watch the paintball flight vs the sights.

this is why i made the gun the why i made it today. full function.

Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    this is why i made the gun the why i made it today. full function.
    They pretty much fixed any problems with the main idea with the dogleg air-through stock. It just goes around the mask. I have one on my a-5 and it works great. Im moding one for my longbow and it should fix any line of sight problems.
    Last edited by Blood Guns; 03-04-2009 at 04:44 PM.

saw these on mcarter today and thought it was a cool tactical mag with mostly stock parts

I no longer have a mag but ended up with this
    Last edited by paintball_fiend; 12-08-2009 at 05:09 PM.

is there a way to by it?

12-08-2009, 09:02 pm ...

Quote Originally Posted by S132 View Post
    is there a way to by it?
    Don you access to a flux capacitor and a delorian?